/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Apathy Edition II: Electric Boogaloo

Previous thread: 202715246

► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, build ideas, etc.
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated for feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here, use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[!] Performance problems in 1.10+: use foamfix+Optifine (turn off terrain animation)

► 2. NEWS

[02 jan 2018] The oldest news in this OP are now 1 year old. Congratulations for never updating this shit

[31 dec 2017] MultiMC5 0.6.0 is out, featuring easy downloading of Curse modpacks and more.
>multimc.org/posts/0-6-update.html

>[2017/Jun/30] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download:
imgur.com/a/NeywO

>[2017/May/14] GoG update is finished:
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

>[2017/Jan/02] asie has been working on FoamFix, FabricMC and others.
asie.pl/foamfix/
github.com/FabricMC

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

>/mcg/ General text (to contribute news and info for the next thread)
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

>Modding Tools & documentation:
mcforge.readthedocs.io

>Curse downloader
github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader

>how2dostuff for newfags
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

>Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
serblist.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

>Ideas & Inspiration
mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
elworrier.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/JPif9

>Castlefag's map
mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

>Cracked MultiMC for Linuxfags
anonfile.com/UcRapfdcbb/multimc-cracked.tar.gz

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/substrate
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>The oldest news in this OP are now 1 year old.
>are now

So which modded servers are still alive, I've only seen Urist's server mentioned in the last thread.

We died below post limit, again. Well anyway, since there's no topic around, I'll open one.

As you play a modpack, you'll eventually sort out all the automation or semi-automation that's needed and your world might as well be called semi-creative because you can get all the items you want when you want it. (It's also generally the time when your Overworld starts lagging.) What do you guys do when that time comes? Would you end up decorating your base, or just go straight to the endgame of all the mods you installed, if possible?

Currently, I'm farming Ghasts to get a Soul Shard and to finally make myself Nether-ready (i.e., have all Nether resources available without going to the Nether). Afterwards, maybe snatch the Dragon Egg and bring that to the Overworld. Then, the True End finally begins with the pursuit of endgame for my major content mods.

I kinda don't want to say goodbye to this modpack yet.

Make a half-arsed attempt at decorating base then abandon modpack as I get bored with wasting my time in this way.

Alternatively, make another modpack and the cycle continues all over again.

kitchen sinks are for children

>no new /mcg/ thread for like 4 hours
dedcraft

I don't think I've ever reached that point. Mine always goes like this:
>start world
>try making a good looking base for a week
>get tech level to a small power gen, basic ore processing, and some kind of cobbleworks
>get sick of the world and delete it on a whim
>add/remove a few mods and repeat

I really want to have a world that lasts months, even a year maybe, building structures and railways all over it. I've been playing since 2010 and I've never achieved this.

I'm not a kitchen sink guy, fortunately. I'm okay with a bunch of mods. My latest modpack is made up of only 39 mod files (50 mod entries according to Forge).

I also have a 1.7.10 tech modpack with 33 mod files. Send help.

Sounds like a gameplay problem, no reason to go out of your autismbox.

>Page 3
Literally dedcraft

What do you mean?

So far I keep quitting once I reach that point where obtaining everything is too easy, removed RFTools because of it. I like building and decorating with the intent to use areas later, but once I've already reached post-scarcity I lose interest in it.
My old Thaumcraft+Blood Magic world was the farthest I ever got, probably because TC kept me venturing out for more resources/aspects that couldn't be easily quarried from a single location. That and autistically de-tainting an island to live on.

Whats the best way to increase girth?

Hey guys, the Substrate mod for Toxic Jungle Pack is complete, now containing doors and trapdoors for maximum catwalk/substrate goodness. I don't think he's applied the textures I sent him yet though, so you may need to add those separately. I can post them here.

I tried without PP as my resource pack, looks really weird with vanilla, is this the first mod that was ever designed specifically to go with a certain RP?

Also memverzons

Oops
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/substrate

Modern skyblock 2 is pretty fun.

Get a chestnut tree then breed your tree with that one

>haven't visited /mcg/ in a week
>probably only missed one thread cuz ded

>no recipes
What the ever loving fuck???

At what point is it socially acceptable to kill yourself over a lack of friends to play with?

What's in TC6 beta 3 that wasn't in 2

Also, this seems like two steps forward, one step back
The progression is cool as shit, but has a habit of requiring you to cough up specific items, which in the case of the research card game means getting phials and crystals of specific hard to get essentia types, which is annoying as shit even if it didn't necessarily mean putting flux into the atmosphere that has no method of removal
The start of the mod is handled a lot better, but due to several different reasons now also requires you to make the thaumonomicon by rubbing fucking ground up crystals onto a bookshelf, which strains disbelief even harder than it otherwise would due to the renewed focus on making the mod about doing magical science
The removal of the wand's specific interactions like that also leaves the hard as shit to make gloves that were supposed to replace them with very little to actually do other than use foci

I have a year old save on which I reached end game several months ago yet I'm still coming back for building and making small factory projects for the sakr of it. If I get bored from it I just leave it there and go play on another save or another modpack

Its coming senpai, calm down.

I have it in a modpack properly crafttweaked already, whats the best way to share CT tweaks?

Just keep asking if there's a serb up for long enough so someone gets so annoyed they start one.

Apart from the turrets that Valkyrien Warfare adds, will there be other types of projectiles?

nth for Greg saving 1.7.10

IE revolvers and Railguns. Which in memeversions finally do adequate damage.

Also so far, VW turrets are cheesy AF and breddylame. IE turrets with explosive shells actually would probably function much better. However I'm not sure if them being mounted on a ship would fuck with their targeting.

>used to bippetti boppetti boo all your constructs into existence using wand
>now have to use salis meth instead to make infernal furnace, infusion altar, crucible, table, thaumonomicon
>glove is just a glorified staff with no internal capacity
>chunk aura system currently fucked
>taint hasn't been this aggressive if left unchecked since TC2
>research might actually be more annoying that previous iterations
All the particles in the world can't bring back that feeling

Fucking greg, my toaster can't even properly run his mod.

>it's a modpack without proper unification of ores episode

Alpha / beta zealot here, trying to figure out what makes early versions so damn comfy.
so I can start modding them and not ruin the feel
Is it just that everything was so simple and limited that even modest accomplishments felt grand?

Guys I really want to get a world up and running but I'm having such a hard time getting inspired. I need some sort of concept to stick to, otherwise I'm just going to lose interest as soon as i get diamond armor and an iron farm.

Serbia when?

Concept is right. Thinking of a theme for your world makes it easy to think of what to do or what not to do, and makes planning easier.
Is this Vanilla though? Depending on the version, it might be difficult to build like you're playing a tech modpack, so most options would be based on rustic, fantasy or medieval themes.

Yes, I'm paying completely vanilla. Is there like a thread somewhere with good ideas for themes? And i'm thinking a theme can be something as simple as "build your base entirely on a small island" or "only build underground". Doesn't necessarily have to be a stylistic concept.

I hope that IE turrets do the job good enough, it would be fun to do ship fights a la Blackwake.

>Long Rod (Female)
what did he mean by this?

>Cool decorative variations on vanilla minecraft blocks that aren't even in 1.7.10
>Tied to that faggot's mod
For what purpose

I'm sure most of it is nostalgia, but even without that I can make a few points.
>better performance
>no features added after 1.0, most people agree that those are pointless/unoriginal/badly implemented
>grass is actually green

>spoiler
Do you have any concrete ideas? I'm also thinking of starting to mod the game, maybe I could do it on an old version. Keep adding shit I like until it's a total conversion, like Better than Wolves.

Settle in a desert or mesa and build a pueblo.

>someone calls out creative flight
>gets endleslly downboated for life

World gen

>someone calls out creative flight
what does this even mean?

>Endlessly downboated
>Is actually pretty well received and was the top post for an hour or two

Wow, yeah, horrifying.

He sounded like an asshole with his replies, implying that modders should consider his ideas.
There are no such sites. Sometimes you're the only one who can come up with a nice idea for your Vanilla world.

I want to make mining more interesting, I want to make base design more interesting (one of my favorite memories of playing is spending ages raising my house up on stilts to protect me from monsters, I'd like things like that to actually be useful). In general I want more open-ended problems to solve.

Questionably feasible example: you live on a floodplain, and don't want your shit to get wrecked. You could build everything on stilts, or you could build a levee. You could build a diversion ditch. You could build a giant ring of magma around your base that evaporates any water that comes near.

Sounds really cool man. Do you have any particular version in mind?

Haven't decided yet. The purist in me wants to start from a beta or earlier version, but there are aspect of those versions that are janky as fuck and I don't know if I want to spend time dealing with that.

173 is what everyone agrees is the best version of the game pre-adventure

Et Futurum bro, get on this shit.

Any mods that promote cuckoldry?
Apart from ofcourse

>stop liking features from new versions

I do like it. Its a cuckold's wet dream really isn't it?

Leave.

>like mod
>like cuckoldry
>like mod made for cuckolds
>user goes full turbo autist mode
Every. Fucking. Time.

>memeversionfags get so mad when 1.7.10 gets their features that they start shitposting violently

Anyone who use chunky knows how to hide everything underground so i don't accidentally see things like diamonds, caves, etc. that i shouldn't?

you remember waaaaay back when FTB was first getting mindcrack to shill for them? the major version of thaumcrapt that was around then?

for all the bugginess of nodes in that version, it was still the last time thaumcrapt was any good.

BRING BACK THAUMCRAFT SEALS YOU

>There are people ITT having this terrible taste

FUCKING THIS

>thaumcrapt
How old are you?

You must be 18 to post on this site

You could use a texture pack to change ore into normal stone, won't help with caves though.
But this is a total non-issue to begin with, caves and ore and fairly uniformly distributed to begin with, you're not going to "discover" anything you couldn't have just assumed to have existed in the first place.

daily reminder

they were so ahead of their time

Why does shit like this happen in these threads? Is it just one poster samefagging to keep the thread bumped?

/mcg/ is the last place in the universe where people still play 1.7.10. Thus Curse hired professional shitposters to get rid of them.

Why would they even care? Does curse have a vested interest in getting people to newer versions?
t. someone who doesn't follow MC news or developments whatsoever

Why do you include me in all of that? I was telling him to fuck off to avoid that shitposting.

I also thought you are the other guy were the same person. You both sound like children.
Whatever gets you hard though...

While the terrain in RTG is prettier, It's harder to actually build something in it due to how sloped it is.

NOBODY HERE BUT US TREES

>whats the best way to share CT tweaks?
either pastebinning the script file or just uploading the .zs file, if you have been compartimentalizing recipes

What has the best looking biomes out of Biomes O'Plenty, Extra BiomesXL, Biome Bundle and Highlands?

I'd say BoP if you remove the meme biomes

>meme biomes

Like what?

The stupid shit like gangsta slum, moon surface, or chocolate

Do ANY of Thaumcraft 4's addons update anymore? Any of them at all?

No, they hold a near-monopoly on 1.7.10 mod distribution just as much as they hold it on 1.10+ mod distribution, so for them it's literally irrelevant, but Veeky Forums likes to pretend everyone in this community has a covert agenda.

>gangsta slum, moon surface, or chocolate
>Biomes O' Plenty biomes
Lol wtf are you talking about

is there a way to put a custom door noise into malisis doors' door machine?

literally what?

I think Tainted Magic and something about ores got updates recently enough.

if those aren't biomes already then they need to be added to the next version

How is telling someone to leave and stop shitposting the same as acting childish?

Well, there's some hope I guess.

Biome Bundle but only if you're on memeversions
BoP is only good with RTG and it's shitty item bloat and the fact that someone even thought wasps were a good idea makes me upset

But you can disable wasps and ghosts in the configs, and while some of the stuff that BoP adds are bloaty. I appreciate the fact that it makes most terrain less monotonous compared to WorldGen that only uses vanilla blocks. I don't know if Biome Bundle solves that issue though since I haven't tried it.

What is gregtech, why literally everyone used to use it when it came out and why is it forgotten today? Back then I wasn't really interested in tech mods so I kinda missed everything related to IC2, gregtech and all that stuff

>why is it forgotten today
tl;dr: Its tedious and players like getting creative after hour of playing.

Come on son. The post before that one you got upset because someone said your mod of choice was a cuckolds mod. Don't act innocent now.

It was popular long ago because FTB forced it into their packs, and the Mindcrack youtube people liked it (for the most part). Its popularity pretty much died out when Greg and mDiyo, the person who made Tinker's Construct, got into an internet fight.

So far this looks like a clusterfuck that the local goverment made for diversion of funds.

A Mario themed biome mod sounds kinda neat

I'm going to install a premade kitchen sink pack and you can't stop me.

>this post

Thanks lads but you still didn't answer what is it all about. Is it like an extension of IC2 that grew into something bigger?

It's literally microcrafting: the mod. It used to be an IC2 addon indeed and I think it still has compatbility but it might be used standalone as well I don't know.
It's the kind of mod that requires so much autism that you either love it or really hate it.

it started as an IC2 addon, but eventually went standalone, so yes

it's pretty dead because it's obtrusive enough that it can't be included in packs and it's gampleay is extremely divisive
also, there's drama

Wtf, I hate TCon now.
Where is the "faggots construct" guy, I will give him a hug?