>Autism corner
mega.nz/#F!348iRBxC!UwZ7fEhKS8ASAGRYKSHzeQ
>US Army Manual Index
pastebin.com/m98ZrWpP
>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Squad, Tank Warfare: Tunisia, Combat Mission.
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4, NoLimits2.

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór, Șqűád

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/776380/FSX_SpacePort/
reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/7tiru3/some_bits_of_the_eurofighter_have_been/
leatherneck-sim.com/january-development-update/
mig-21-online.de/Funkmessvisier/funkmessvisier.htm
reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/7o241j/jf17_update_from_deka_ironworks_simulations/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

did we really need a new thread if we weren't even on page 10

user wanted to make a funny little joke in the OP.

>f-15c

Can any of the three displays in the F-18 show a moving color map?

The map display should be able to show a moving map, idk if it's color or a two-tone heightmap or not.

>the best way to use the Viggen is to load it with mavericks and snipe vehicles like a CAS plane

disappointing desu

It was honestly a pretty bad choice for DCS.

How's the mig 21

>Not using waves of Viggens to sink US carriers in multiplayer to troll Hornet pilots.

fun, inaccurately simulated but fun.
Bit of a fish(bed) out of water when it comes to playing wit the big boys online.
Would have been better to gotten a -93 instead of a bis

bis isn't even the problem, the problem is that the systems the bis DOES have are overshadowed by them not working.
the systems it's known for like the SAU don't even work properly.

Well it would be nice to have not-shit missiles and radar

That's true.
I'd also like the LanceR, but that's probably not going to happen.

be alive

I think the Mig-21 was kind of wasted on Leatherneck
But you know what hasn't been wasted, yet?

Didn't ED unofficially claim this? Also you're in for a world of disappointment, it's widely regarded as one of the worst fighters ever built.

BUH BUH BUH
MUH
INFERIOR ARAB MODELS AND PILOTS

In all seriousness, Leatherdick fucked over the Mig-21 big time. It did not deserve to get mistreated as it was.
It's not on the level as the hawk, but it's barely worth playing outside of some curiosity. It doesn't even have its superior climb and turn ratios.

>set up a simple intercept mission
>place a Tu-95 and a MiG-21 at 23000 ft and 450 knots, and an american AWACS at 35000 ft
>start mission
>the Tu-95 is at 6700 ft, the MiG is a 16000 and the E-3 is at 7000 something ft
>all of them doing 270 knots
Why can't this shit just fucking work?

I also went full retard and forgot to check the radio frequency for the AWACS before starting so basically I flew the mission with no guidance, but since I knew roughly where they were going to be (and my AWACS, which I knew would be between me and the targets, was showing up in my RWR) I found them anyway. I spotted the MiG visually so I could sneak up from behind with my radar on standby and spank his soviet ass with a missile, then my second missile missed the Tu-95 by about five billion miles but he went down after a tiny cannon burst

help a brainlet figure out how to defend his eastern flank from a north korean mechanized corps and a few infantry divisions, with the 3 worst korean divisions circled here

The whole front. American division is in the middle of counter attacking which is why they cant help the eastern flank

>The Soviet combat manual for MiG-23M pilots claims the MiG-23M to have a slight superiority over the F-4 and Kfir, and describes combat history involving Syrian MiG-23MFs versus Israeli F-15 and F-16s, which it labels "successful". This manual also recommends tactics to be used against these fighters.
Top fucking kek they literally had to lie to pilots to get them in one.

IL-2 is a fun sim
DCS is a fun sim
War Thunder is not fun, nor is it a sim

has been cancelled.

It really makes me giggle... knowing that Xplane will never have proper space flight. FSX supremacy is back once more.

store.steampowered.com/app/776380/FSX_SpacePort/

why be dead when you could live?

No it hasnt.

It's a fucking attack plane, negro. It fills the same role as an A-10, but with anti-shipping and survivability thrown in.

Heatblur is just as much at fault, they basically dumped it on LN, probably to sweeten the separation.
A sacrifice for the 'greater good' if you will. Now we have to put up with LN's prop faggottry while an iconic and loved aircraft is forever incomplete.

What's even ED policy on two 3rd parties creating variants of the same aircraft, we need a new MiG-21 module made by someone else just to show up LN and make the DCS: MiG-21bis irrelevant.

Leatherneck better be working on some good shit besides tht biplane turd

They're also working on a Corsair

>ww2 shit

Gross

reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/7tiru3/some_bits_of_the_eurofighter_have_been/

we DCS: Eurofighter now
Lots of juicy information in it.

Don't really care much for the aircraft desu

desu a Typhoon module would be a day 1 purchase for me as long as it's made by a reputable dev

I removed my Xplane11 folder and all my Ortho maps because that shit was taking up 700gbs and I was intoxicated by it, I had to download more maps, MORE MAPS, MORE MAPSSS.

I think I'll eventually buy a dedicated hdd for it, fuck everything.

Would you like an AWACS module? Player controlled AWACS could be pretty cool in multiplayer. Not saying it's something I would like to do but I think it would be a cool thing to have.

Absolutely, though I would rather something smaller like an E-2 Hawkeye then something large like a Sentry.

It's nice to take in the sunset at FL450

PULL UP PULL UP

>DCS: Eurofighter now
Cancelled. Even the forum section was deleted.

>Heatblur is just as much at fault
I don't think so, and the reason I don't think so is because Leatherneck's split was apparently not a friendly one.

I'm thinking some turboautist who now works at magnitude soured the heatblur team so badly that they decided to fuck off and make their own studio instead of sticking around with biplane nerds. Which is understandable, why stay and fix something that spergs refuse to even lay eyes on?

>What's even ED policy on two 3rd parties creating variants of the same aircraft
Well, we have a P-51D and a TF-51, as well as an A-10C and an A-10A. So I would think that the possibility exists. Even though those two examples are from a simple and a clicky cockpit.

Best way to use viggen is to ues your due-diligence in putting in your waypoints and loft bombs using its CCRP computer at things before scooting away at the speed of sound.

From what I've read, even though the bis' radar is terrible IRL, it's not as bad as it is in DCS. The effect of ground clutter is overblown, and DCS' Mig-21 will completely fail to acquire things that aren't being shadowed by clutter.
It's frankly just a broken mess.

Some studio is already making a second spitfire, if memory serves.

Speaking about Leatherneck
leatherneck-sim.com/january-development-update/

>more skins for the fishbed
Well I guess I can't complain about it.

I actually think this is a problem of no one really knowing how the search mode of the radar works.

People can apparently use it as a boresight radar, but I can't get the search mode to really work at all. It works in a campaign if I start with an enemy spawned, but in missions where enemies are dynamic or multiplayer servers where people can spawn; they just don't show up.

Even the Mig-21 missile tutorial, which spawns an F-5, doesn't show the F-5 on the radar despite showing the other F-5 that spawns in front of you.

I'm thinking that's a bug, but I don't know who to report it to. Anyone have suggestions?

woah, it's as if our shitposting summoned them
Looks as if they fixed the nav lights? I sure hope their 2.5 changelog isn't just PBR textures (something that should have been done ages ago)

Fishbed has so many good user skins, I wish they could add them all.

I like how in the mig-21, turning on low altitude compensation doesn't actually get rid of the ground clutter despite the fact that the radar is literally pointing above the horizon.

comfy

So the MiG-21 is completely borked? I wanted to get back into DCS and I always liked the simplicity of the 21, is it useless now?

no, it's perfectly flyable and a fun module.
It just has its problems that have gone unfixed for too long.

Too busy making a fucking biplane to fix it.

no money in fixing already released modules goy!
As if there's any money in a fucking aerobatic biplane.

there is money in everything, because the flight sim community is fucking retarded and detached from the real world, they'll be willing to pay 60$ for any broken piece of shit, and they'll ask for more.

Anyone who suggests that prices are asinine relative to the quality the consumer gets, gets lynched.

See people defending FSX today, see Xplane asking you full price for any new version, see Carenado releasing aircraft upoon aircraft in literal alpha state with broken avionics, etc.

Who here /hype/

The Mig-21 is my most loved hated module.
It's a great plane that flies like a rocket, and is very clearly a mainstay among many air forces around the world for good reason.
But
What we have doesn't even match the standards of what the real-life bis is capable of.

for instance, the bis was sold over the MF for a number of features as export model because they could sell it more convincingly than older models which were cheaper.
For one, it has a SAU autopilot that allows hands-off control of the plane. Naturally, it doesn't fucking work in our module except for the recovery mode, which will nose right into the ground if you're less than 1000 meters high.

Another good addition is the RP-22 saphir radar. THIS is a major step up, and was really the first places that you can find an export soviet jet with a radar this advanced. It even found its way to Mig-23 models and later Mig-25 models.
Of course, it doesn't work. It's littered with bugs. Until a couple patches ago didn't even acquire things even if they were in the "good zone" for the radar (a little above the nose, not on the same altitude.) still has problems and won't acquire things.

But you know what was the best addition to the bis?
The ASP automatic gunsight. It could provide ranging information, radar based CCIP release points, and even automatic radar gunsight! What a great tool that solidifies it as a great interceptor!
So naturally THAT doesn't work either. Two of the knobs meant for ranging and weapon information don't even do anything! The ranging tape on the HUD doesn't report distances accurately!

That's why people are upset. If you just want the plane so you can fly it around, then it's a great module. It's FM is wonderful.
If you seriously want to understand the more advanced mechanics of the plane, you'll find yourself wanting.

Here's some reading on the real-life Mig-21
mig-21-online.de/Funkmessvisier/funkmessvisier.htm

Let's hope Heatblur will do a better job on the F-14 than they did on the MiG

I'm sort of hyped but at the same time I find myself feeling like it'll be too easy to use to have any sort of fun with it, if you get what I mean.

>It's FM is wonderful.

Is it though? I heard it's low speed performance is nowhere near the real thing and once you hit mach 1.0 it severely underperforms.

I don't want to blame Heatblur for the failings of the 21 just yet. I'll reserve judgement until we see some actual systems performance.

And you would be right. In fact, after the split, Magnitude released some FM changes out of the blue that actually made it worse, and no one knows why.

That said, it's still formidable. A lot of the performance of the Mig-21 people attribute is to the much lighter, much faster MF. The bis was substantially heavier.

You mean like it's so modern and automated and designed to reduce pilot workload and almost fly itself?

Yeah you took the words right out of my mouth. The missiles will be quite fun but everything else just seems like there will be no room for error to take place and no real skill involved.

I want to be, but none of the stuff that makes it cool is gonna be in early access.

>radar based CCIP
The Shit-21 never had no proper CCIP capability and dropping AG ordnance was only possible through ranging tables.

It's a different skill set. With old planes you have to be skilled at keeping the plane in the air, with modern ones you have to be skilled at managing all the computer things and the information you get from the sensors. I don't think one is better or worse (besides what you personally enjoy the most), just different.

For me, it's going to have the armaments of the F-15C but the situational awareness of the flanker. In fact it's better than the flanker in that regard.
It's also going to be carrierborne.

It's everything I bought DCS for in one package.

That said, I'm not going to stop playing my other modules because I have a new favorite module. That F-5 and Viggen are still going to see lots of usage, even though both of their roles are done better by the hornet now.

But it has the AG ranging mode from the RP-22
You're thinking of the MF, not the bis.

>It's also going to be carrierborne.
Should be pretty cool once we also get its carrier module, if ED deliver on everything they said they want to do. Walking around a fully modeled carrier with all the crews and planes taking off and landing and whatnot sounds awesome.

>F-18
>F-14
>Persian Gulf map
>F-4
>even that chinese jet looks nice
DCS is going to make me spend all the money I haven't spent on videogames over the years by pirating

in all honesty the JF-17 is the module I'm looking forward to the most
Actual opfor 4th gen craft that can go toe to toe with the F-15C.

>can go toe to toe with the F-15C
Is it really that capable?

In any case it's about time redfor gets a clicky module. Now we just have to pray someone will make a MiG-29

>RED
>getting a clicky module
NEVER EVER FAGGOTS

It's basically a modern chink F-16.
Pakistan just adopted it, as in less than a year ago it became a mainstay of their airforce.

It looks like an F-16 and an F-5 had a child

NO THE MIG-23 WILL PROVE YOU WRONG
IT WILL
It
will..

I know, isn't it great? My two favorite planes in one

speaking of the JF-17, I just found this
reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/7o241j/jf17_update_from_deka_ironworks_simulations/
dunno if it was posted here why does Veeky Forums think facebook links are spam

Is that the Lodrino Airfield in that pic?

The J-10 looks cooler because it's like a cross between a Gripen and MiG 1.44

It probably is, I uninstalled xp11 and these screenshots are old so I forgot the exact locations, but that's Switzerland near the Italian border.

If the embargo on russian aircraft is true, I genuinely want a deluge of Chinese aircraft to fill the redfor role.

I want the J-7 to usurp the Mig-21 so I can stop giving a fuck about what Magnitude does with the bis.

>be retarded slavboo
>get cucked by my leader Putin and his laws
>cannot get any RED DCS modules because of it
>only hope is a chink jet which is more of a F-16/F-5 than any RED jet
SLAVBOOS ON SUICIDE WATCH

eh I'm fine with it.
I really just want to escape DCS turning into yet another Nato simulator.

That looks borderline photorealistic is that 22 your framerate?

J-11 too since we'll never get a clicky Su-27

idk if J-11 is too close to the 27 to be allowed, but I'd welcome it.

Yes, but it's because I'm running a plugin that allows me to disable or enable long distance 3d objects and details, I enable it for screenshots and turn it back down to a dynamic setting for gameplay.

You don't really see much difference ingame, but in screenshots having those extra houses in the distance is a big thing - that pluging is borderline necessary for xplane, you give it a target min-max framerate and it holds it.

The plugin is called 3jFPS-wizard, would never play xplane without it.

And yeah with ortho maps the game looks insane, it's also pretty hassle free, in a day you get the gist of it. The only issue is that it's super hard drive intensive, you need a dedicated one pretty much.

Is there any sim that has even somewhat reasonable pricing?

War Thunder, it's free :^)

What kind of sim?

DCS is ok when it's on sale, you can get a full sim module for 30 bucks or less, or two for the price of one AAA game.

Flightgear, it's free :^)

Get BetterPushbackC