/dbfzg/ Dragon Ball FighterZ General

I don't know if I'm doing this right edition

Basic mechanics: docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

Characters moves and statistics: docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

All assists: docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

Prima guide: primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

Glossary: shoryuken.com/glossary/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xVhnfTwh1OA
youtube.com/watch?v=zKYTCc2v5HI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When you get 6 people that have decent connections Party tag is a load of fun.

Can you do it locally?

Rev 2 is super niche though. It probably only has a couple hundred high-level players, especially if you don't count the Japanese since none of them will ever post in English.
I'm sure this game will have a much more robust community.

it's fun until that guy uses sparking when it's lvl 1

Max is about to play some on stream, I'll enjoy it vicariously

What does the little colored square by the name mean? Is it related to rank or skill or something like that?

How does sparking work? Why does it seem like my opponents never ends?

Rank. As far as I know, it goes White,Green, Yellow, and that's it so far. I have also seen a dark green.

Or they tag you into a combo. But still, fun.

Because he saved it until the very end. If you are the last character the sparking blast last for a very long time.

I'm playing Black / Teen Gohan / Nappa and things have been great. I'm really happy I can feel myself improving as I play.
Been avoiding ranked because I'm a pussy tho. Should I just go for it?
Also should I stick with Nappa or am I crippling myself? I don't think he's bad at all but I keep wondering if I'm not crippling myself by choosing him.

I think so? I don't see why not.

Is there a reset button in combo trials?
The closest I've found is a shortcut to the demo, which you can hit twice, but that's really annoying

I've beaten some yellows, I guess I should be happy I'm not completely useless. DBFZ is the first fightan I'm actually playing to try and get good.

Yes

if you're using a controller, reset is both analog sticks at the same time.

Ah yeah, there it is
I'm playing on keyboard and it's one of the things I didn't rebind at the start and it doesn't let you check what is mapped to what anywhere but the menu in the lobby. Turns out it was on 1 by default, how strange.

Thread theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=xVhnfTwh1OA

Is there any reason to fight everyone on the map in story mode or can I just rush to the boss? I wanna unlock 21.

heard there was autocombos in this game. how are they compared to MvC:I?

can anyone help me optimize this combo?

Android 16:

2M > 5M > jc.L > j.M > jc.L > j.M > j.H > Super Dash> j.LLL > 236M > 236LM

no game has more than a couple hundred high level players man what are you even on

you can just rush but make sure you stay decently leveled because damage will start getting into the 2-3 hit kill territory pretty quick if you're underleveled

So I haven't played a fighter in ages.

Would this be a game that would be fairly easy to jump into, especially without investing in a controller or fightstick? (PC)

yes

Actually I also should have asked, is the game decent at accessibility in teaching me lots of the finer nuances to games like these mechanically?

Or are they more just limitations/exploits within the engine to learn unique to each game?

There's no way to change the A B Y X shit to L M H etc right?
I'm so used to A being Light, B being Medium it's really throwing me off, but it seems like they're missing this pretty fucking basic option.

You can fully customize controls retard
Jesus. Is this your first videogame?

>Fight someone who has Adult Gohan
>They Super Dash at me
>Get ready to anti air his ass after blocking
>He manages to repeatedly hit me into his autocombo
>Later he does it again, block the dash and small jump punches, get ready to do just a regular heavy
>The start of his special auto combo is a low so it hits

I fucking hate fighting Adult Gohan so much.

>Get ready to anti air his ass after blocking

uh user you anti hair before he hits your block

But I hear 5H after a blocked SD into autocombo works

when you try and get a ranked match, it is it only for the people in your currently lobby or across all of them

all

>Trying to learn how to actually play
>Keep getting trashed by people spamming super dashes and autocombos because I keep canceling my block by attacking

How do I become competent at fighting games

Not changing the actual controls, that was the first thing I did after starting the game
Changing the display, so it stops telling me "Press X X Y B A" when it actually means "Press H H J K L." I mean, I'm not even actually asking for it to use the real keybindings like a decent UI design, even just what the buttons represent would be infinitely better than something straight up wrong.

I spent 7 hours learning combos all to realize my neutral is garbage. WE've all got a ways to go especially those new to anime fighters

any good youtube channels about character-specific content?

Krillin does too much damage with destructo disc

time and dedication

>most of my anti-airs that have connected were accidental

at least we aren't sean

use unicode arrows instead of keybad notation pls

kill yourself

after spending like 5 bars you mean?

so how long is the story, actually?
also
>one of the options when talking to Frieza is literally "you mad?"

use tag switch breaks or whatever they're called frequently (block and immediatel dpad towards enemy + left trigger). you can go into offensive after that and most players can't deal with you throwing one punch + guard break

watch your replays.

I usually do sets of either 5 wins or 5 losses, end immediately, go to replays, watch them, see what I did wrong or right.

Reason why I stop at 5 wins or losses is because last thing you need is blindly ingrain habits that are bad for you or only good against incompetent players.

watch replays. You can make notes on them, so make notes on how you are failling and what tools work on what opponents. This game is far more universal in it's buttons so mechanics alone should help you a lot.

if it's beyond your tiny intellect, you could've asked and I couldve shown you how to do it. as is, you chose to stay subhuman, though that is hardly surprising.

>that whole conversation between goku and tien about piccolo being the best babysitter

look at your numpad you brainless xenoverse fuck

>Villain saga
>Fight 18
>Android 21 suddenly begs forgiveness
>Goku and Krillin step in on time to see what looks like you are trying to kill 18
>21 cowering next to 18
>
>Frieza: "I see her plan."
Captain of the 'Captain of the Redundancy Department' Department

>finally catch up to android 21
>about to fight
>Goku: Wait, everyone grab me.
>*teleports you away for no reason*
>Let's fight more clones LMAO

yeah, this is my first anime game and my first team based game. it's pretty rough but I'm enjoying the game a lot still.

You know, when you're literally his entire source of power, i expected Frieza to be less of a daft cunt.
But hey, it's Frieza, so what do i know.

>frozen in place while conversing with soul
>did he break?

>go on a quest!
>the quest takes you to your desktop

How do I do that little back flip that lets me recover in the air again?

do the recovery tutorial you fool

What happened to me quest list?

If i select this it crashes me to desktop as well

Unless you are trying to play tourneys character powers are not gonna matter. Also this game is far more universal in it's mechanics so fundamentals will carry you farther than character choice.

Also, play other people. This isn't some MOBA where people shit on you forever if you aren't a certain rank. Guilty Gear lobbies are full of great players at level 1 because they never touch ranked

no one picks piccolo! I use him, but for me, he's just a battery and meterless punish character with the counter thingies he does.

Anyone know why Ranked matchmaking apparently takes five minutes just to find someone?

How long does it take you guys?

same, I just do training mode until I get a match

Fuck, and I'm not even taking the bullshit connection lost into counting for those five minutes.

You'll pick up most of the fundamentals in a way that isn't horribly oppressive and sink or swim-ish, but yeah most games have a lot of specific finesse for higher levels of play. This one itself has a lot of pretty unique stuff to get the dragonball feel just right.

Greatly appreciated. Still on the fence a bit but I'm leaning more towards yes at this point.

they really fucked up the online in this game, they vastly underestimated how many people would play it apparently. it's server problem, it'll be fixed eventually hopefully.

Cellfags, any way I can extend this to loop into a second perfect attack before going into level 3 hyper?

good thing they beta tested the pc version's match making, right?

Put this in the OP

Realistically speaking, how far would auto-combos take someone with no experience at all?

they'll get you started so you're having fun with the game and doing ok damage instead of dropping combos all the time.

farther then you'd think, less then you would hope

I got a Yamcha announcer out of a capsule but where the hell do I go to use it?

how tf do i fast fall in this game?

Press down

why does it feel like people in tourney's do it much quicker? like there's a visual cue and everything for it.

Is ranked taking forever to get a match for anyone? does it matter what room im in?

They didnt expect people to actually play the game so there's not enough servers. You just gotta wait

No fuck that. Newfags have brains they can lurk and figure it out. Fuck off

Battery: 21
Anchor: Frieza

Point: ?????

I have no idea who to put on as point. Kid Buu seems nice since he can do good meterless damage and has a great assist but I'm also looking hard at Ginyu. What other characters would mesh well with this team?

>Newfags have brains
lol

Do I buy this game now or wait for DBFZ Revelator to come out?

Reminder with every j.L M you're doing you can fit in an extra light.
Maximize damage boys.

The quest is to stop playing DBFZ

I think it's an attack+down as an air recovery

Cell

Since you got a battery use Goku and abuse the shit out of his Heavy Dragon Flash Fist and just bulldog people to death

Step 1:
create a ring match

Step 2:
Set rematch to on

Step 3:
enjoy infinite matches with no waiting time

Some characters, i.e Gohan
Can press d.S (2S) and get a fastfall.

Can his backbreaker extension even work with 21 or frieza assist?

youtube.com/watch?v=zKYTCc2v5HI
Cell has some big damage in the corner.

why the fuck would you even write it as d.s

Think again.

>tfw you want to be a snack for qt 21

I think you're too far for freiza to hit but A21 might.

twitter.com/Sickolas7/status/957094206434144256 you can do this with freiza tho

A love so true, you're willing to become her poop.

21 is a lot cuter than I expected. would become food for.

I've been bitten by girls before.

No dude.

No

teeth are fucking sharp

>body some faggot with my all human bois team
>they ragequit every single time
>all they've been doing is constantly dashing into my 2h punishes and half the time I don't even bother comboing

is this the power of schrollers

lmao are you gay?