/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 28th of January:
28 – The Roman Emperor Nerva names Trajan, an army general, as his successor.
1547 – Henry VIII of England dies and is succeeded by his nine-year-old son Edward VI.
1871 – Surrounded by Prussian troops and suffering from famine, the French army in Paris surrenders. During the siege, balloons were used to keep contact with the outside world.
1932 – The Japanese attack Shanghai, China, and declare martial law.
1986 – The space shuttle Challenger explodes just after liftoff.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.2
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.1 - 13/10/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

humblebundle.com/games/paradox-bundle-2018
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Codreanu

your threads caused my general to archive as I was halfway through writing reply

thanks, fuckheads

thank grandi not me

thank the shitposters not me

Fucking fags

dam your a elf....

>playing grand campaign mod for Darkest Hour
>crushed the Russians in 1916
>crushed Italy in 1917
>ejected the British from the middle east in 1918 and saved the Ottomans
>getting ready for a final assault on the French in October 1918
>event telling me i'd missed the Summer Offensive pops up gives me a 65 fucking percent dissent hit
such bullshit
america isn't even in the war
guess i'll have to reload and go for it earlier
reeeee

wew

what general

is this a good deal? thinking of getting it for hoi3, ck2 and eu3. thanks

humblebundle.com/games/paradox-bundle-2018

For the price, yes. Pay minimum though.

So after I take the whole Normandy area should I core immediately or release as vassal? Should I leave Caux untaken? Don't have a claim on it and I'm afraid the border friction with Burgundy will impede diplomatic relations.

the eternal g**rgian must pay for his crimes...

thank you bub xo

talabama buster

painfully unfunny

Imagine the following situation. You are a German soldier, drafted in 1914.
You were at Tannenburg and Przemyśl, you fought through the endless Russian plane under Hindenburg, on a never ending march to St. Petersburg.
Russia finally capitulated and you are reassigned on the western front.
Every day you see your conradres and friends die while you fight for less than a mile of ground, knee deep in autumn mud or winter snow.
This goes on for 2 long years and you are still alive.
The high command starts talking of a new offensive, new recruits come from the mainland. You wait the entire summer for the order to be given. Then, at last the month of attack is revealed: October.
Turns out, after all of this, the command still thinks that you can fight while you and your gun are burried in shit while heavy rain falls on the entire front.
You know now, you will never see Paris.

Ended up keeping Maine and releasing Normandy and Alencon as vassals. France is super pissed though so I'm trying to get Castille and Burgundy to ally. Atm all I have is the papal state on my side

Fuck, scared to unpause now. Anyone know how I can win with my gains intact?

>no more orthodox shitheads
>russians wiped out
Literally perfect world.

Forgot pic

Shitposter threads BTFO

no one can fuck with my proper thread
t. really not alexandro grandicio du la platums

feels

ouch

I thought that great power can intervene if there is unbalance? Enemy has only Austria as great power and Russia still intervenes.

Anyone?
Yeah no kidding, only way I see is to spam mil access to a bunch of different countries and try and stay alive long enough for war exhaustion to peace out the allies of France. Only problem is England won't give mil access so I'm stuck. No idea what to do...

*consumes liquor*

wine is better :^)

Any idea if the warcraft mod for EUIV is dead? I kind of want more fantasy/alternate worlds

What does this have to do with Grand Strategy

nani?!?

BASED

Can anyone explain to me why mercantilism in EUIV give me more ducats?

It is the exact opposite of what history has shown.

Because at least half of the mechanics of the game work in the exact other way that they did in history.

How come redditmod has a better looking map than any gsg mod? What can we do to combat this?

I didn't notice anything strange other than mercantilism.

Can you give any example?

>tfw if Mexicans btfo the Texans we would be speaking spanish right now and would have tons of latin American qts

Conversion being very quick and converting an entire province at once.
Culture conversion being fast and cheap.
How promoting fron duchy to kingdom to empire works.
What the AI does with anything at all.
How the sieges block movement.(probably, source if I'm wrong)
Ming's special thing that totally isn't HRE lite.
The weakness of the factions.(clergy nobility and (((merchants)))
The Ottomans.
How Ideas work.
How province development works.
Mana.
Overall the game is very arcade-y and not realistic.

Vicky would need double the provinces at least to make it look really nice but the game couldn't handle it

>Conversion being very quick and converting an entire province at once.
base rate is extremely slow
>Culture conversion being fast and cheap.
base rate is extremely low
>How promoting fron duchy to kingdom to empire works.
Not sure how that worked irl so I'll have to take your word for it.
>How the sieges block movement.(probably, source if I'm wrong)
Wut?
>Ming's special thing that totally isn't HRE lite.
Agree. They sucks at far East and SEA flavour.
>The weakness of the factions.(clergy nobility and (((merchants)))
I think it works just like real life?

Other things are not specific enough so I can't comment. Also Province development only came after the shitty update.

Cheers me laddy mate now I'll post this on other boards or generals :)

>It's the exact opposite of what history has shown
Mercantilism was a vialable economic strategy until the 19th century.

>win the war
>still get spartacist uprising
freikorps time baby

Base rate is slow but with one single idea, the religious one, you can convery super fast.
Culture conversion fits in the first thing too.
>sieges block movement
I'm retarded, I meant forts.
>faction weakness
The factions were weak after the centralization of the state, not in the beginning of the game like it is now.
>better not anger the Entente
Had a laugh.

>Not sure how that worked irl so I'll have to take your word for it.
Catholic European rulers could get the title of a king either from the Pope or from the emperor of the HRE. The title of emperor could only be granted by the Pope. In Orthodoxy the title of a Tsar was equivalent to an emperor. However there could be 2 Tsars at once, which doesn't make much sense. But the Empire of Hispania and the HRE existed at the same time too, which doesn't make sense either. It was a fucking mess.
>I think it works just like real life?
Fuck no. The merchant faction/the bourgoasie was the main driving factor for the economy and reforms, while the nobles and clergy acted as reactonaries and tried to keep the old ways.

So why am I still playing this game?

Same reason as me.
RP-ing.

>tfw no Ottomanist caliph

tfw no bf to play gsg with

please by my gf (male)

I'm not even talking about the map from a gameplay point of view, I meant aesthetically.

It would help the aesthetics, though

Just noticed I can't earn steam achievements on HOI4, anyone know why?

>Not running any mods
>Only official DLC installed
>No save files using any mods

What's the issue?

Ironman?

Tried both with and without.

Does the Heavenly Kingdom get any special decisions and events in HPM?

no because hpm is not based. you cant even convert your pops because they're Buddhist

>steam
>achievements
>HoI4
What went wrong with you

>play niggermod
>no matter how much I balance the budget or raise my tax efficiency, I'm always in the red
>as the fucking NGC
You guys are absolutely sure this mod isn't a meme, right?

the soviets declared on me in mid 1920 for some reason, they hadn't even won the civil war yet. oh well, game over for them. or maybe should i just cheat and white peace so i get a challenge in the future?
marching all the way to vladivostok with 1920 tech is going to be a fucking chore

How can I westernize fast as an african without written language?

Reddit is generally better than /gsg/

the sad truth

Get a writing system

yes but how can I do that quickly

Trump

/gsg/ BTFO

Just noticed that this nigga died today too.

>found and consolidate the Kingdom of Sardinia
>abdicate in favor of your son(s) as to pursue sainthood
>become proclaimed saint posthumously during the reign of your successor

comfy

>gsg infopic.png
Hello Grandi

hi

Niggermod is malware.
It is not detectable by most antivirus programs because its malware us encrypted.
It only gets decrypted when you run v2.exe, during which time it can be detected on your ram manually, but hides itself when you scan the computer (like a rootkit).
Interestingly enough, when you turn off the game it disappears. What it does? No fucking idea. Perhaps it's mining crypto for as long as you run the game? Or recording keystrokes? Until I find the key to decrypt it we can't know.

For now I suggest to not play niggermod. If you just have to play it, make sure not to type anything important while v2.exe is running.

how would you see fit for it to be named?

t.HPM
Niggermod is a shit mod but you don't have to go around spreading false info. Maybe some gullible redditors will actually format their hard drives because of your post
Or maybe you are niggermod and you are trying to do a falseflag of a falseflag

Florida panhandle is rightful Georgian clay. The redneck riviera is ours you filthy nigger

Why does Germany get so many insane bonuses in HPM?

Suck GP dicks, conquer something so you're next to a GP, idk
Why the fuck you play a shithole if you want to westernize fast

Historical
Prussian
Masturbation

>format
antivirus-sama here. that's unnecessary as far as i know, as the malicious code's injection to your ram is temporary and tied to v2.exe running.

Planning on doing a Darkest Hour '33 Game as Sweden, maybe join the allies and finish off the krauts in norway.

>indian nationalists
Cmon guys Im counting on you
You can do it too

>

Why assault is so useless?

omg

What are you even doing Inca-lad? I've noticed you posting your game here every once in a while, show your borders. Why are you doing shit in Europe, why the fuck are Incas sieging Kraków?

Redpill me on this

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Hey fellas, anyone mind telling me how large their Eu4 installation with all dlc is? You'll have my eternal gratitude.

about 3.9 GB

All the indian rebels are dead, sad.
Should I ask for something else?

any suggestions on what i should play for a CK2 playthrough? something that's pretty challenging would be nice

It's possible that the malicious code running on the ram speculated by antivirus-sama is actually an "image" of cheeze pizza. The user can't see it, it is encrypted thus impossible to detect on mod files and runs on the background temporarily. However the "trail" is still there and could be retrieved with the proper method by intelligence services.

Dank memepire user
Good stuff

I assume you're gonna puppet Iran yourself some time later? Or do you plan to annex it?

Yeah I'll puppet it, and "liberate" some of their border provinces with turkmen minorities

Restoring Roman Empire. Roman Empire must be restored at least once a version.

I wouldn't be surprised if something similar was going on with shit from cs.rin.ru desu