/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

ACOG appreciation edition

TO NEWFRIENDS: DO NOT BUY THE "STARTER EDITION"!

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links
[New site under construction]
physixcat.github.io/r6gfaq/
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw
r6maps.com

>Official News
Operation White Noise is live
60Hz servers are live
4.2 mid-season reinforcements patch notes are live:
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-317056-16/operation-white-noise-mid-season-reinforcements

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Stat Checking
r6db.com/
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

previously:

First for Fuze

FUCKING TAKE MY PLATES

Twitch has a pretty high pickrate and it's only going up with the prominence of Mira.

I have two operators...... Fuze and Kapkan AND THEY KEEP GETTING STOLENNM

play doc instead if you want to be an anchorcuck you fat fuck

Ready to buckshot a squealer at a moments notice

>playing fat recruit

reminder that everyone who argues over guns cannot aim

Just went 7-1 having to use Recruit... which operator should I get next considering the two I have

ela

He's 25k and I have 726

Why is Hibana a 3speed if her gadget is slow as shit and only makes tiny holes if you spread it out

For defense Smoke is literally indispensable
For attack if you have a team together you can get Thermite, Hibana or Thatcher
If you don't, get fraggers like Ash, Twitch, Sledge, Buck or Blackbeard

yeah just buy r6 credits that how i bought her

how is operator speed relevant to the gadget?

Thatcher, Sledge
Rook, Doc

all 3speeds have gadgets that adhere to their playstyle, either helping them go fast or a set and forget thing like bandit/jaeger, except hibana

>all 3speeds have gadgets that adhere to their playstyle
IQ

Ela-waifufags are the biggest incels y/y?

It's 1 guy

>see gadget
>zoom around it
>shoot it and go through
I don't see your argument, it lets her run around without being slowed down by traps

are you retarded or just new?

>have to pull out pistol and look around before moving forward
IQ's gadget doesn't supplement her being 3speed at all.

Compare it to Ash who can just blow a hole in the wall and run through.

traps should be delayed in being set off by IQ

y/n

What?

if IQ walks through kapkan trap
gets set off half a second or a second later

same thing with ela traps, etc

obv wouldn't work with lesions shit though

So the IQ strat is just having someone drone then sprinting through rooms like a mad cunt to set off traps for free?

absolutely

She'd still be a worse Thatcher/IQ outside of highly coordinated teams.

as opposed to not looking around and maybe running into traps?
the only thing not easily noticeable is a grzmot
whats your point about the pistol, its arguably easier for headshots than a rifle

user if you shoot something with Ash's gadget it also blows up the traps in that doorway.

>it's easier to headshot with a pistol than a rifle

What's with these bronze players trying to tell people their opinions?

s-sauce

god i fucking hate the acog and everything it represents

reflex is the new meta get with the times my dude

>IQ
>capitao
bandit to some degree , though it's arguable as bandit tricking was not something ubi expected to happen

I feel like Bandit and Jaeger were designed to be fast within the general objective area. I don't know if they really had a concept of roaming at the start.

>he said while spouting last seasons meta
lmao ACOG is back for awhile now niGGer

I hate the entire concept of "unlockables" and configurable loadouts, but here we are.

See you at invitationals my man.

i want IQ's soles on my face!

>hating the ACOG also known as GOAT
please enlighten me on which scope you use,
if its the big fat blocky piece of shit known as the Holo sight don't bother responding back to me for your argument just got debunked before it even started

>t. twitch viewer

>t. not even high enough level to be ranked

i use reflex on everything

>he said while spouting bronze opinions
lmao @ ur lyfe shitter

Lets see those stats user.

>can't play the final situation with a squad
>forces you into matchmaking
>queue never pops because no one is playing this shit
>I just want to play it with my friend
Bravo, ubisoft.

Elite skin for Alpha/Beta players only when

thatcher grenades don't destroy welcome mats?

looking forwards to never seeing you post your own because me > u

>blocks peripheral vision
>ugly ass borderline unusable reticle
hmm which scope might i be talking about?

Why would they? They are not electronic devices

>it's the same eu mobilefag who keeps posting his old stats because he doesn't actually play and might not even be his stats

i want to kiss cabbera.

>its the same shitter calling for stats just to get btfo every time
>thinks NA is even relevant
ahaha just post them already shitter

Why don't you just get a trip already? All you do is post your wrong opinions to try and stir up shit.

acog

Literally anything on the AUG

my opinions are facts back by stats while all you do is spew copper shit and ask to see stats of people telling you that your shit.
stay trash fag.

wow this general is pure fucking trash
good job autists, not only ruining your own life, but everything your touch too

>blocks peripheral vision
red dot
>unusable reticle
reflex

>facts back by stats
Just because you managed to get gold in EU doesn't mean everything you say is automatically a fact.

incel
soy

does anybody have a qr reader? i thought that thing might have something in it.

>assumptions
thats all you can do considering you cant even post your own stats, stay elo food for brazilians.

>reflex has an unusable reticle but acog is fine even though it's literally just a bigger reflex triangle
lol...

>brazilians
Funny you mention that since they're going to destroy the EU teams.

>You have to cater to the top 1% of your player base

Not him, but the opinion of the play and gold audiences is far less value to a business man than the middle ranks, where most players exist.

High skill ceilings are generally speaking bad for the business of the game itself, but if a game has a healthy competitive scene where people want to watch professionals, then you need to raise the skill ceiling enough to find that balance where the game is competitive enough to be interesting to pros, but not too difficult to learn so new players get discouraged or hit barriers that stone walls their progression.

This is why quality of life changes to operators are so important. They don't change much about the character competitively, but they can make it exponentially funner to play, this increasing the enjoyment of all players regardless of skill

Siege isn't balanced for low ranks.

yep just like they did in the last 3 seasons.
keep bringing up invitationals every time your shit opinion is called into question and keep backpeddaling after u get btfo for stats calling.
me > u

lol autism

>he said while pretending to be good
lmao, me > u

Honestly ACOG is just a crutch for low rank players

siege isn't balanced period.

No one said it's balanced for low ranks you mongoloid. I said the game is designed for lower ranks.

How different is Zofia to Buck?

When should I pick Zofia instead of Buck? He's my favorite attacking operator but Zofia looks pretty cool. I just don't know if she's worth half my current renown.

Do we know if the Ash elite answering the phone animation is for the free one, or the other one they're putting out for money?

>I said the game is designed for lower ranks.
It isn't

Try playing Overwatch, that's a game designed for lower ranks.

Zofia is closer to Ash than Buck.

>Twitch has the exact same pick rate as Ash
not true

And yet Overwatch has an arguably higher skill ceiling than Siege. Go figure.

>And yet Overwatch has an arguably higher skill ceiling than Siege.
Do you actually believe this?

>game designed for lower ranks
>manages to have a pro scene that is more alive than R6
huh...???

Please explain why Siege has a higher skill ceiling.

we don't know what the variation between the two will be atm

overwatch's "pro scene" is the most artificial shit there is

But the one we're getting was the one with the grey clothing and cap without glasses shown off in that blog post, correct?

the game was expertly crafted by blizzard to be esports bait just so they could get in the business
meanwhile siege was just a game ubisoft planned to just let die but gained popularity

>the most artificial shit
unlike the r6 pro league that is literally the same thing

Kinda sad that Ubisoft has this amazing, top tier game but can't get anyone to watch it.

like i said we don't know. seems logical to me that that will be the op outbreak one though. however as to what the diffrence with the base one is going to be we have no clue , could just be a different victory animation or maybe there are more significant differences

which is even more sad because it's not like people don't want to watch it, r6 highlight videos are literally just as if not more popular than overwatch videos

>>manages to have a pro scene that is more alive than R6
Is it? Just because they pump literally millions of dollars into it doesn't mean it's really alive. All those teams are just koreans. "London" Spitfire is 100% korean.

Siege maps are infinitely more complex, destruction alone, almost every gadget is more complicated than anything in OW, hitscan has a much higher skillcap than projectile/beam weapons which almost every competitively viable character in OW is, team composition is much staller in OW and most of the roster is literally never picked.

OW is 100% made to cater to the low ranks. For example they overbuffed Mercy to an extreme degree because low ranks cried because they need a good character that a blind deaf retard with no hands could play. They keep buffing D.Va for no reason for the same reason. They've even outright stated she's not supposed to be a bully character and then keep giving her tools to do just that. They'll also never nerf Genji despite having 0 counters because 80% of the playerbase can't use him to half his potential.

I hope it's 2 whole desperate skins.

pretty funny how most of the viable picks in overwatch have guns that pretty much aim for you

>All those teams are just koreans
and...? Is something not competitive because all the best teams come from a single place? Are fighting games casual because most of the best players are asian? Is Guilty Gear not competitive because it's less popular than Street Fighter? Are you next going to tell me that Rainbow 6 pro league is more watched and followed than OW pro league?