/d2g/ - DotA 2 General

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Major Patch: dota2.com/duelingfates (7.07)
Minor Patch: dota2.com/news/updates/35745 (7.07d)
Most Recent Update: dota2.com/news/updates
New Players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide
New Players (League Refugee Edition): dotabuff.com/learn/lol
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com
Blog: blog.dota2.com
Lore: dota2.gamepedia.com/Lore
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic Simulator: dotaloadout.com
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page
Hero Stats, DPS Calculator, & Interactive Map: devilesk.com/dota2

>STATISTICS
dotabuff.com
opendota.com
stratz.com
Competitive DOTA 2 Analysis: datdota.com

>NEWS & STREAMS
gosugamers.net
liquiddota.com
dota2protracker.com
Streamlink: github.com/streamlink/streamlink
GUI: github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NewbeeCN/status/957617571163004931
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

federer stomping cilic just in time to see australian dota prevail that's a feelsgoodman

>don't ban kaka naga
>lose
h
e
h

Name a more satisfying AoE ult to drop on the enemy team than a 50 intelligence stolen Sanity Eclipse

WE'VE GOLDEN SOIL AND WEALTH FOR TOIL
OUR HOME IS GIRT BY SEA

OUR LANDS ABOUNDS IN NATURE'S GIFTS
OF BEAUTY RICH AND RARE

friendly reminder that bulldog lost unironically to a 3k australian pub

>muh australian

this bulldog game seems super fun to play
just wished i wasnt an aspie

Australia is gonna win TI8

reeee normie

refresher aghs double blackhole

i really want to see newbee and liquid ti8 rematch. that would be fucking awesome if the two teams could compete at this level against eachother again. ti7 final it felt like no one could compete with liquid besides burning, so the final was anticlimactic.

liquid v newbee and liquid v secret would be the best story lines
of the possible ones at least

Liquid vs Secret desu, I think Newbee in this tournament was kinda like EG in that they relied on opponents not banning a certain hero.

Australia number 1!

eh i'm not on the secret hype train, they're another boring team to watch. i would like to see OG finally make it to a final. But the thing I want most in the world is an LGD final. They've been top 3 so many times, they deserve it so bad. Maybe plays insane every game and now fy is with them too. They actually have looked insanely good since moving him back to 4.

what's the golden thing far right?

also gib some

>In the last fight the remainder of Liquid's team blinked into Static Storm and a BKB'd OD to save Miracl

Pretty hilarious desu

yes but newbee is a good team and the meta will change again and again before ti

singsing is streaming dotards

?

Wk shoulder

Hehe tnx shitquid fans 70-30 most profitable bet in my life

remember when Sheever hosted a TI? what happened?

redeye is best host. pls no more nahaz/day9/sheever....i'm ok with machine as a secondary host he's finding a niche

why doesnt tobi host?

damn
poor wings

What happened to sven meta? If anything he's even more powerful in 7.0.7x

Machine is literally goodRedeye, tired of this old goblin manlet with his 3 catchphrases

can't yell on the panel

How the hell do I farm with TA guys? I have 300 games on her, she carried me to 4k last year but when I pick her its borderline impossible everyone has much bigger range than me and more damage as well. Lanes against invoker and SF are unwinnable because they just deny everything

they were lightning in a bottle. i feel the same about cdec too. I always root for y and q, both of them are incredibly underrated captains.

Popular opinion: Use trap talent to flash farm.

Unpopular opinion: Don't play garbage heroes like TA/PA. Be a man and get a big dick core like Lycan or Tiny.

>big dick core like Lycan
I'm sorry I don't like playing OP heroes.
Besides TA's dick is pretty big

That's a big continent.

You do realize you have a spell that gives you a free billion damage right?
Also stack everything.

this isnt me
Its not like she´s bad I just cant get the ball rolling like I used to back in the day. Fuck I want my 20 win streaks with TA back

SF is the most OP mid atm and automatically wins his lane as early as level 3 so no surprises here. No excuse losing the lane to Invoker tho.

>most OP mid
>tinker
>pl
>razor
>storm
>FUCKING DRAGON KNIGHT

2011: Non-chink team wins.
2012: Chinks win.
2013: Non-chink team wins.
2014: Chinks win.
2015: Non-chink team wins.
2016: Chinks win.
2017: Non-chink team wins.
2018: < >

Really makes you wonder.

>being this bad

since both TI finalists are still in good form, I hope to see a TI7 rematch.

When I go against invo he just puts all points into whatever gives him damage and has like 40 damage advantage on me

LGD WILL DO IT THIS YEAR

The balance of power is actually just an illusion because those non-chink teams aren't even from the same region.

You know that for the first few levels invoker is basically a creep and you should run at him as much as possible?

CN - 3 TI wins
EU - 3 TI wins
NA - 1 TI win

IceFrog-sama please re-buff Broodmother so I don't get removed from the team by my employers please.

You can't just claim CIS is EU when it suits you.

LFY VP game 2 was the best game of ti7 fight me

>as if it needs a buff
last banned by newbee like every game tonight

Overslept first game of NB vs TL, just watched the replay. Gotta say there is not a single item more broken than force staff

Mek is the worst item in the game right now, Solar Crest, Spirit Vessel and Pipe are so much better.

Opposed to getting first banned in nearly every game when Matu was wreaking havoc in TI.

maybe he should learn to play another hero as well as he plays brood. ti winners typically are incredibly proficient in a wider pool of heroes than he is.

*unsheates golden oven mitts*

That would be midas
The item your average carry builds whenever behind making sure they stay behind. Another thing that comes to mind is vanguard that assures that every spectre player who doesnt get radiance in 15 minutes will buy and then lose a game because it makes spec useless

who runs newbee's twitter
twitter.com/NewbeeCN/status/957617571163004931

>they think midas is bad
sure is 2k itt

name 1(one) scenario that midas is good in

How so? Godstrenght was nerfed from damage to survivability

>nerfed in damage
doesnt it give even more damage now?
unless the str you get from the ult doesnt get amplified

It was rebalanced.

You get less damage from str items in exchange for free hp.
I just feel sven weak over all like ta. Not as good as they were used to

he can still shit all over your asshole like he used, too many heroes who can just kite him out or cc him in the current meta though

How should Medusa be nerfed?

nerf the damage reduction on manashield by a bit
nerf le ebin snake of free laning by much

The one hero that actually wants to buy a shitter mitt is Arc because he essentially gets double the gold and experience from it, which makes the initial investment easy to cope with. That Injoker has to buy it (and Aghs) is something that seriously cripples him.

+100 range bonus from split shots removed
mana shield absorbtion from 60% at all levels to 45/50/55/60
some scaling to stone gaze other than the duration

0.5 str gain
mana shield buffed to 70%

how do you counter fucking monkey king?

just ward his tree
nah but really, he is just goodUrsa who cant early rosh, play like you play vs ursa

except that monkey king actually scales really well into the lategame and has 300 range huh

flying vision
disarms
stuns
attack slows
burst damage
not trying to manfight him in the ebin circle of rampages like a herald

Except you can't kite him that much
and he can stun you
and he can flee easily early game if he get vision on you
and his ultimate does a lot of damage and doesn't require him to stay close

Does Invoker really have to buy it though? It's only x1.85 of the creep's exp. Surely he can get something else that lets him kill 2 big creeps in 100 seconds?

Not without being a liability before 20 minutes. He's the most level dependent hero in the game so every little bonus counts.

It is. Buff the heal and it maybe could be better, or the stats it gives.

why do you overrate mk this much?

matu is the bulldog of his generation

>play unranked
>4 smurfs in my team, 2 on the enemy
>have literally zero impact on the game, it all comes down to whose smurfs are actually good and if someone is some raging fuck who feeds if he doesnt get core

Just got 5 games low prio for abandoning an AD match during draft phase.

I have a :D behaviour score, is this shit just arbitrary or what? 5 games really?

doesnt matter what gamemode it is and when you abandon

That's retarded, it's 5 games for abandoning during pick phase, I can see abandoning a ranked game where there is no safe to leave but 5 games is overkill, especially with a :D behaviour score. 1 or 2 games would be fine but 5 games is just ridiculous

you dont get lp for 1 abandon, its either 2 or more abandons in short time or you were reported into low prio

The only cores I can think of in which Midas is a good pickup are Arc Warden and mid Bane (and arguably WK if you're really desperate for that level 18-20).

Either way, 5 wins is overkill, Valve needs to restructure low prio games now that you have to win them instead of just play them.

*blocks your path*

is Disruptor OP?

only against shitquid

No point in having a good behaviour score if you're just going to get the max low prio games for leaving 2 Ability draft games during pick phase.

Kinda. I really think Glimpse (and X Marks the Spot) should be dispellable. They're just too good, I'd say Glimpse is the best skill in the game besides maybe Rearm or Ball Lightning.

mek is good mostly as a build up to greaves, which is a great item on offlaners right now. but it's too expensive for supports. still, there are some occasions like in oracle/dazzle or lich games against high phys damage cores where i'll buy a casual mek.

it scales based on how many times you go to low prio user, stop being a naught boy.

To be honest, Icefrog buffed his other skills way too much. Thunder Strike, Kinetic Field AND Static Storm which were so-so before were buffed through the roof which made him from a decent hero with an exceptionally unique skill to a multi-purpose hero (well, except pushing)

the fucked up thing is that even if you havent been to LP in years, if your account had LP a lot in the past youll always get the max 5 games every time you get it, for whatever reason

I haven't calibrated since the MMR change to Medals. Is the system still the same, just coated over with shiny medals? I ask because my party mmr is lower than my solo and a few friends want to calibrate with me. I was hoping to do my solo mmr first, but I've been putting it off. Do party and solo mmr affect each other at all?

supports with repositioning spells seem to be inherently op in pro matches

warlock is actually so good

tree cutters like timbersaw are good but the best way to counter him is to blind or disarm him and nuke him. oracle, kotl, tinker. in lane
no honestly he's a very weak laner and teams counter the shit out of him when they know how. every time vp loses a series and gets knocked out way too early it's because a team punishes picking fucking disruptor.

don't reply to tripfags