/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread ()
/uncontrollable/ edition
>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>Danganronpa News Updated 11/15/17
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC Spike Chunsoft opens North American publishing branch

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide *MUST READ IF YOU ARE NEW*
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - In-depth gameplay mechanics and information
pastebin.com/M1sg5ftn - Danganronpa V3 Bonus Mode starting guide
Modding guides: docs.google.com/document/d/1J1kzVZus2k1ci8uiNUYuyXfHuGfnoDHELQ9httsdCMw/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1LDc2DG46Jzs7oyp8vnzDonuqMtLetew6T5TqIZVoVgM/edit

>Danganronpa 1&2
store.steampowered.com/bundle/361/Danganronpa_1__2/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-1•2-reload/cid=UP1063-CUSA06808_00-DANGANRONPARLDUS

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls:
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls/cid=UP1063-CUSA07293_00-ZETTAIZETUBOUPS4

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony:
store.steampowered.com/app/567640/Danganronpa_V3_Killing_Harmony/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-v3-killing-harmony/cid=UP1063-CUSA08537_00-DANGANV3PS400000

>Danganronpa Interviews and Articles Updated 28/12/2017
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>Download pastebin *contains DOWNLOADS "wink", art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

>Danganronpa fan works pastebin *contains links to fanart, fan-fiction, and dr-related artists*
pastebin.com/DkRdiShK

>Winter Danganronpa:
docs.google.com/document/d/1lwq5uisL7AlEGiQIvn84Hf4KuEm5nlbhjRyJ-XE3M54/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=trhcjS0XWfo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FUCK THE SWITCH GIVE ME MY .CIA CHUNSOFT REEEEE

I love my wife!

I want /drg/ to have a nice morning

Junko loves Naegi!

I'm going to end /drg/. So don't any of you go and do anything unnecessary, alright?

I love Nagito!

I want to marry Akane and cook meals for her.

Koko! And his beloved Yumeno-chan!

I honestly can't think of any good sleeper badasses, maybe Ishimaru? He's a complete autist who tries to learn a bit about everything, he'd probably know how to fight. He's definitely built.

Okay

Name a more crack pairing.

mi s-a sculat pula, ajutor

me x you

fuck off

When did Ishimrau get so attractive? He was best DR1 boy, but his sprites were always a little... Off.

Sonia loves despair and I love Sonia!!!

God i hate junko can she fuck off

didn't you see the sauna CG? he's fucking buff
but yeah, his sprites are pretty lame

I love his murderer!

Ryoma x Celes

I think his head is just slightly too long, and those eyebrow lumps are kind of unpleasant to look at. But I don't mind it, it makes him pretty unique. He'd lose some of his charm if he was just another bishie anime boy.

I want to CUDDLE with Mahiru

They look so happy.

scrum debate more like cum debate am I right

miu iruma more like complete fucking garbage am I right

>tfw the dub pronounced her name as mew

I could see Ishimaru.

I could also see Hiyoko being decent if she bothered to get some training. Dancing builds up a lot of muscle and makes you super flexible, both of which would be killer in melee combat. The real question is if Hiyoko would bother, which I doubt she would.

Gundham is 100% summoner, so it's not really him that's the badass, it's the fourteen wolves that he just sicced on you.

Souda, Teruteru, Mikan, Chiaki, and probably Ibuki would all be basically useless in a fight. Chiaki might have some idea of what to do from vidya but lacks any sort of muscle or real training, so she'd suck, and Ibuki has some muscle but would have no idea on what to do besides flail wildly.

Imposter probably knows how to fight - if he's had to pose as a fighter before, he'd have to have some idea of what to do. But I dunno if he'd be strong enough.

Baby Gangsta almost definitely knows how to fight, so he's not really much of a sleeper. Actually, he's probably had some level of training from Peko, so he's probably quite good with a blade.

Who am I forgetting? Nagito is... Nagito. I wouldn't want to fight him, but not because he's a badass but because he's a luckster.

lovers

hai sa fim prieteni

Is that not how it's pronounced?

Ishimaru but he's from North Korea and murders Togami when he finds out he's a capitalist pig

It's because the dude's so stiff all the time. He's not standing powerfully, he's standing rigidly at attention, so he ends up looking like a cardboard cutout.

It's actually a nice little touch because standing at attention ALL THE TIME is incredibly Taka.

nyamami

Ishimaru but he's Kim Jong Un sent to study abroad

Sayaka did nothing wrong

How can Kirishit even compete?

Souda could use wrenches or some other tools in a fight.

>he thinks people can build muscle from dancing
t. someone who lacks muscle
though imposter is actually athletic as fuck cause nip logic, he can run better than most of the other dangans and he could use a sword well when disguised as munakata

Me-ooo. The i and u sound shouldn't blend together so much.

Angie X Iruma, Ryoma X Korekiyo and Maki X Mugi. At least Kokichi and Yumeno interact.

The dub pronounced it as "Me-eww", which is correct.

The only one they got painfully wrong AFAICT is Kaede. It's "Kay-day", not "Kai-ay-day". That bugged the hell out of me.

>the samefag soyaker is here

Best mage Himiko!
And she loves you back!
And I want you to have a magical one!
And she'll love each one of them!

So we all agree that talents being featured more in cases is a plus. What cases used them?

>1-1: Leon's crystal ball throw
>2-1: Teruteru hiding a weapon inside his cooking
>2-2: Peko's sword trick
>2-3: Mikan faking an autopsy report
>2-4: The Four Dark Devas of destruction hitting Nekomaru's button
>2-5: Nagito letting his luck determine who threw the poisoned fire grenade
>3-3: The Seance

So, which are examples of what to do, and which are examples of what not to do? And which DR2 killer used their talent best?

That doesn't really sound like how she says it during her introduction in japanese.
youtube.com/watch?v=trhcjS0XWfo
(2:40)

>Sayaka confirmed to be romantically interested in Naegi, Naegi confirmed to be romantically interested in Sayaka

>Kirigiri never confirmed to be romantically interested in Naegi, Naegi never confirmed to be romantically interested in Kirigiri.

How is this an argument

Just finished v3 for the first time. I was spoiled on some things (Kaede's death, her randomly having a twin, and the fact that Kiyo was the culprit Act 3) but other things were surprising. I have a few things to say...

1. Act 3 was awful. Seriously, what an uninspired case. It was an instance where the reality was far less interesting than the red herrings they presented you with. The Necronomicon had no real purpose and was never used. The rule about two culprits had no real purpose and was never used. The culprit is so obvious that Miu gets it in the first two seconds of the trial, and we have to spend three hours talking around it just to be rewarded with 'haha I'm a serial killer and incest'.

2. Kaede twist. I didn't like the Kaede twist at all. I genuinely think she would've been a better protagonist than Shuichi, even though I really like his development. I am just tired of meek, submissive men being the protagonists in this series and was really looking forward to a change. It doesn't help that her case violates a number of rules about how to write a murder case.

3. I actually loved the ending. I guess I understand why people don't like it, but I thought it was bold and new and interesting, something that the rest of the game assuredly was not. It felt like I was playing a formula, not a game, until Act 6, which redeemed the game a lot in my eyes.

4. Kaito was a great character. I really enjoyed his arc, and I really liked how he had an actual impact on the protagonist. That's something that, ironically, has never really happened in Danganronpa before. You hear a lot about how you're 'friends' with these people, but you never really make friends with them. I genuinely believed Kaito and Shuichi were friends by the end of it.

5. Kokichi was underutilized. I think Chapter 5 would've been a lot more interesting if his plan had been allowed to succeed and still have no idea why Shuichi worked with Monokuma to undo it.

>>he thinks people can build muscle from dancing
>t. someone who lacks muscle
Go stand on your toes for an hour and then talk to me about muscle building.

Hiyoko is the Ultimate Traditional Dancer. That involves holding some seriously awkward poses and usually dancing /around/ them. She's definitely flexible and strong. Just not Mondo buff.

Saihara is more than likely a weak noodle, but it’d be funny if someone made an attempt on his life and he just pulled out a baton and subdued them. I haven’t watched the DR3 anime, but I could see Kirigiri doing this a bit better.

Fuck, you're just too cute.

Ishimaru big Juche follower

Mistress Celes please justice hammer my skull

>It doesn't help that her case violates a number of rules about how to write a murder case.
oh you're one of those people

>Naegi confirmed to be romantically interested in Sayaka
Bullshit

>and still have no idea why Shuichi worked with Monokuma to undo it.
Because he didn't know it.

>which are examples of what to do, and which are examples of what not to do?
in terms of writing or in terms of what is convenient for the characters?

I don't like it when the story itself lies to you for the sake of 'twists'. It's more fun to be given the tools needed to solve the murder beforehand.

replay 1-1

>posted 4 seconds apart
>samefag

She can't, Sayaka is perfect.

What people?

Omitting thoughts from a character's POV is hardly lying to you.

But it does give you the tools, you just weren't looking for them because it gave you them during a period where you weren't expecting to be given them. Kaede looking at the shot put balls, spending a bunch of time rearranging the books, fixing that specific camera, fiddling with the vents.

It didn't cheat, you were just slow on the uptake.

Strength, endurance and muscle mass are correlated but aren't all built in the same way. You actually need to lift to build muscle mass. You can build endurance from running, but just the tiniest bit of muscle mass (and you get pretty heavy diminishing returns)
a swimmer's body, despite the name, requires you to lift, something pro swimmers do to aid their swimming
the swimming itself doesn't make them buff

We disagree on what lying to you is, then, but I consider it dishonest storytelling. I didn't like Zero Time Dilemma's twist either.

imagine being this delusional

Frankly I don't get the meme about dinduing Sayaka, since her being desperate enough to murder to get out makes her a lot less one-note and more compelling, not less. It's certainly one of the things that hooked me on the first game since Leon certainly wasn't interesting.

In terms of making a truly thrilling case! Where the talent use is both interesting but doesn't create evidence that gives away the culprit too early on in the trial! Most of the tricks are revealed after the culprit is under suspicion and you know it's them, after all!

I agree, but try not to end every single sentence with an exclamation mark!

It’s basically just that: a meme.

Oh no user, everyone agrees that ZTD's twist is shit. It's just that the Kaede murder reveal is handled better.

So do you also dislike VLR's twist then? That's more of the same. Never mind the fact that it doesn't make too much sense (they didn't notice they were on the moon because their brains were slowed down, but also Sigma didn't notice his age because his brain was slowed down).

This.

I think the crystal ball throw was one of the best

Kaede texting Saihara asking if he's eaten today!!!

Theres no need to call trash like me cute. I'm just a stepping stone to make everyone's hope shine brighter. but thank you none the less.

that twist is actually decent though, because it doesn't involve hiding what the character you're playing as is thinking

What, a guy can't be excited about murder cases?

LIE DOWN ON THE COUCH

SUFFER

Okay, WinterAnon.
Glad to see more people sharing this pic after I posted it, I was hoping more people would save it. Haven't seen it around since I grabbed it during the DR3 /a/ days.

am I supposed to know what you're referencing

It's just a little distracting and makes you look weird

MCDONALDS MCDONALDS MCDONALDS

What is the meaning of this image?

...Okay I'm genuinely surprised, how the hell did you know.

You're missing out on some choice plunderphonics

Elementary, my dear Watson!
You have very particular filenames, a general penchant for trying to stir up discussion about the murder cases so you can figure out what would be good in WinterDR and what wouldn't, and of course, I took the time of day into account. Additionally, your typing style, but that was hardly conclusive.

MOMMY LET'S GO TO MCDONALDS

I will take him to the movies as a vague pretense to put my head on his

No.

Angie and her beloved li'l leader!

WHY NOT?!

Angie's a slut, who isn't her beloved?

>yaoiboy as the detective for the /drg/ killing game

MCDONALDS, NOW.

Master told me to make sure you all were eating healthy, and that is certainly not a request I will turn down.

Him.