College Majors

What college majors would Veeky Forums choose?

Personally I am thinking of either Economics or Buisness. Which one would best?

MIS or Comp Science

Also business isn't a major, this isn't Bojack Horseman. Business is a category that economics is in so you saying economics or business is redundant. Some business degrees are shit as well.

If you want an actual answer though then

Accounting, MIS, Comp Science, any Engineering

Everything else is pretty worthless desu

I did not excel in math in high school, I am taking remedial classes then I am considering I.T or Comp Sci?

IT is useless. Do MIS if you can't do Comp Science.

I am going to work at trying to get a cs degree but knock out the basics first.

Best way to do it. Math may be hard but that's why it pays so much, because you actually have to try hard to learn it.

If you pick a easy major like most retards you'll just be in debt when you graduate.

Don't go to school to party and shit that normies do. Go to learn how to become a math genius and then when you graduate make $100k+ a year and party and shit.

this guy is pretty much spot on.

dont pay for college unless you do it to make money with a not-shit degree.

It's better in the long run to take 5 yrs getting a comp sci or engineering degree (taking a light course load each semester, taking remedial classes) than to spend 4 years getting an "easier" degree. Just make sure you do an internship and are in 1-2 clubs related to your major.

I'm currently in school getting my BBA in Management Information Systems. I plan on getting my masters in Data Science afterwards.

Although I've already had a $100k/y job offer for when i graduate so maybe I won't get my masters.

Technical: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, Material Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc..

Business Oriented: Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Management Information Systems, etc...

Also everyone should take Calc 1-3, Diff Eq, and Linear Algebra. That will encompass 99% of the math you will need to become rich unless you work in algo trading or something.

Political science
Philosophy

plus:
Math
Physics

I am not going to uni first, I plan to go to cc for 2 years then transfer. Plus I want to get better at math anyway its tiring being retarded.

I am studying economics, but I want to learn programming as well. What's the best place to do this?

/g/ /dpt/ ask them

There's books or you can just watch tutorial videos.

I learn better with books so I just buy programming books and keep them on my desk so when i'm bored I'll read them.

Not shilling but there's this book called "Worthless" out there that talks about college.

>Accounting, MIS, Comp Science, any Engineering
>Everything else is pretty worthless desu

does a degree in acturial mathematics + MFE work well?

If you like doing slave labor and having management reap all of the profits, sure.

Economics major is chill but I doubt I'll be doing anything too exciting out of college. Plan on getting masters of data science though and hopefully that'll help me out

I bought that book but haven't read it yet. Is it good?

haven't read it but the author is Aaron Clarey who has a ton of youtube videos on college, so look him up there. he's great desu

Im about to graduate with a double major in Math and Philosophy. I don't really care about the potential earnings I'll get from the degree, I just followed my passions.

I've been working for UPS while going to school and will probably end up being an industrial engineer when I go full time.

Secretly I dream of becoming a philosophy professor though. Mayb crypto gains will allow me to pursue this dream

>Business

Why bother going to university if you're determined not to learn anything?

because without a degree you won't even get shitty office jobs nowadays

I have an associates in IT but I am going to transfer to psychology since I am particularly interested in the subject; I realize that its not the most well paid major but it allows me a lot of flexibility when going for a masters degree; I can go full academic and go the clinical psychology route or even medicine OR i can get an MBA or study finance and focus of behavioral economics; I feel good about it because I have options. Any input on my plan will be appreciated.

Engineering would be first but you should try out a few classes to make sure you'll like what you do in the future. I started with CompSci and switched because I realized I hated the actual work involved. If you're as retarded in math as you claim, Im warning you now that it will be challenging ahead. Most people figure out if they want to continue in those fields after taking Calc 2. If you make it and haven't killed yourself, continue with an engineer/comp sci degree. If not, switch to CIS/MIS and don't waste more time.

This is completely false and you should stop spreading this lie. There are plenty of office job to get without a degree. And even more technician and trade jobs that make very good money without one.

at least not in my country, it's good though if it's like that in the US

Where are you from?

germany

RIP. My condolences. I'm sad I never got to visit before the Merkel/Obama disaster. Stay strong Germanons.

TFW had cush electrical engineering job then guaranteed air force promotion.
TFW messed it up because mom wants me to borrow shekels and gave the car away.

Im a high school senior and im going to Quinnipiac for finance.

I want to work in hedge funds, I want to go to the 4 year, work in finance for a few years, then get my MBA and then go into hedge funds

This. I'm going for my MBA and my concentration is in finances. It's tough but as someone who hated math as a kid it's challenging and I feel like I'm actually going to class for a challenge. I wanted to be an English teacher

I'm about to graduate as a Biomedical Scientist

Focus far more on math, do not do "finance" . Go deep into EE/ML

I chose math and physics. Don't regret it, but wish I had left physics right after I got my masters.