/dbfzg/ Dragon Ball FighterZ General

AWOOOOO edition

Wolf Fang Fisted: >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CgWOb4vkZwc
youtube.com/watch?v=fm6KP4G3udk
youtube.com/watch?v=g9vD-YuqM1E
youtube.com/watch?v=gxWjRtc9Jlc
twitter.com/i/moments/942945125927231489
twitter.com/vryu123/status/957293853526102016
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I would prefer Super Buu over Kid Buu for sure.

I wouldn't mind a Super Buu DLC that's complex and can absorb other fighters for moves and abilities like A21 does.

why do the boss stage characters in arcade do 90% damage with level 3s

IADs made me switch back to stick. Having to super jump and IAD is a pain in the ass even with the shortcut

Should I be jump cancelling after 2M/5M? It doesn't seem like every character can launch in the air whereas 2M/5M/2H is universal.

if you care about makign money and hate yourself, theres a hard mode for story after you beat it. you can get the zeni lvl 6 boost skill and theres a stage in arc 3 stage 13 that has a zeni boost reward and zeni reward for beating it too. you get like 5000 zeni for about a minute fight. youc an then start and retry and do it over and over. 100k per hour plus whatever you got for beating story. fastest way to get blue ssj if you didnt preorder. easiest way to commit suicide as well.

toppo dlc fucking when? get fucked jiren faglords

>doing well
>on track to hit the final stage
>lol, raw level 3 from black or blues deletes a character every hit

What does Gohan's Potential Unleashed move do in DBFZ exactly?

Get fucked all super tards

Reminder that he will be DLC

Level 1 gives access to a 3l command normal, Masenko extra hits, Jet Uppercut M/H extra hits, Machine Gun Kick can be held for extra hits, Ultimate Back Attack elbow thing tracks and teleports

Level 2 - 6: 2% more damage per level, caps at 10%

Level 7: Reverse Beat (he can chain any normal into any normal on hit or block)

post combos
youtube.com/watch?v=CgWOb4vkZwc

youtube.com/watch?v=fm6KP4G3udk
youtube.com/watch?v=g9vD-YuqM1E
What is the reason the other BGM themes are in the g ame when these elder god tier BGM's exist?

Hit theme is so good. just so chill for training room in space. no reason to ever switch.

Thanks.

So now I need to figure out how to use his level 7... hopefully it's worth 7 bars from a practical sense.

Because tien’s theme exists

youtube.com/watch?v=gxWjRtc9Jlc

Missed a spot there user, got you covered.

Piccolo's theme isn't even in this game. Trash ost.

Eh, the whole OST is largely pretty decent. Some is just generic ArcSys thrash metal, and I don't know what the fuck they were thinking with Gotenks' theme but the good stuff is really good.

Vegeta and Trunks are the highlights for me. I also like how Cells theme is a remix of his Funimation Dub theme which is just a fucking ridiculously obscure reference for them to make. Freiza's is pretty good as well, as is Hits for being as different to the rest as it is.

well before this general dies forever, does anyone have some hot shit with Adult Gohan? I'm talking more on the side of safe strings to open kids up.

DHC is not dependent on assist timers, even if the assist timers should be on for good practice.

Yamcha tech
twitter.com/i/moments/942945125927231489

5M being slow means it can act as a frame trap, It is also 0 on block
5H is +
In general he is not punishable outside 2H
You can combo into his 5S and follow up with AWOOO
L WFF are true blockstrings
M WFF can be used as frametraps
Spirit ball can be controlled

It's worth it if you understand the applications, pressure can get really really strong with good execution. Here's an example of a long ass string to get the gears turning:

twitter.com/vryu123/status/957293853526102016

with assists and pressure staggering, conditioning them to let you IAD at them and start pressuring again it gets nutty

until then honestly just powering to level 1 is worth

>literally double the unique posters of /fgg/
>literally double the playerbase of every other fighter combined

not going anywhere fampai

IADs are way easier on pad.

>5H is plus
neat, i've seen it used to bait mashed buttons and it was so cool looking

>get orange color
>suddenly I can't connect to lobbies, gets stuck on acquiring lobby information
>when starting the game it auto joins to a lobby where there are only other orange colors
Do oranges get punished or something or is this just a bug that needs to get fixed? Haven't been able to play all day. PC version by the way.

On the fence about picking this up. Haven't played a fighting game since when they brough back Mortal Kombat on PS3, and 360.

Do you guys think it's worth picking up on PC, and will last after the initial hype dies down?

Well I hope not. Anyway, do you have any Adult Gohan tech? This game is tough because auto combos open up so many opportunities for everyone.

j.5H can be cancelled into qcb M in the corner or ex anywhere

being confined to matchmaking in only the lobby you're currently in really does blow. they need to add in a different system but I doubt they will.

If you like 3v3 combat and Dragon Ball it's fun. Party switch play is a blast if you can get six people with decent connections. And the game is very new person friendly.

>heard this twice now
>am yellow and on a winning streak

>and will last after the initial hype dies down?
That's the only reason to pick it up on PC.
also yes, of course. It's really fun even to non-fighters, and I haven't played a fighter since the early Tekken days.

For you

Everyone I've seen play Yamcha use him as a point, but wouldn't he work well as a mid? His assist is pretty good, and he seems to want a bit of meter so he can extend combos with EX rekka.

You fucking idiot. You matchmake with everyone. Jesus christ you double nigger.

Why did I buy this game so early? I have no time to play it and its killing me. Soon I'll be playing desperate catchup.

Anyone have some good 18 shit? The best I got with her is around 5.3k using 4 bars and I still haven't found a decent way to use 18 in combos...or at all really.

>*Use 17 in combos

>those people who just run away from you all match and jump like retards so they can superdash in when you fire a beam or whiff an anti air or jump or something
fuck you for wasting my time with this unfun shit by making me play passive as fuck and just 2h all your shit to win

Can't decide on a 3rd character. I want to use 21 and 18 but I don't know what a good 3rd will be. Any suggestions?

Soon you'll be with us. Accept it.

shit... I don't know why I can't do Vegeta's trial #9

>waaah you aren't playing the way I want you toooooo!!

fuck dude is that what causes it?
i got orange too today and after my game crashed i couldnt log into any lobbies outside of the auto login lobby

Use beam assists while jumping in with M

Just went 20/0 with Gotenks/Gohan/Goku. Its actually a p good team as you can continue a combo from gotenks to gohan DHC. basic bnb between the two of them is full screen carry so they will always end up corner vs lvl 1 gohan. Goku really just there to anchor and provide ez beam assist in the neutral. I might swap him out.

>when you finally play someone worse than you and win

did those datamined DLC characters turn out to be real because I'd be soft as fuck

I want to kill myself after reading about this team

btw, I'm making an alt team of M.Buu/?/Vegeta for fat throw restand >resets. Who should be my mid? Buu right now is pretty low damage.

Seems like it's the case. Hope they fix it soon.

Why haven't you unlocked me yet? Do it or I'll eat you.

Why do you hate family user?

come on man this is the lamest way you could possibly play the game, i dont see how its fun for either player

thanks ill try that next time, dealing with airborne people feels weird in this game
it seems like you cant just mash jabs or someone vs blocking airborne people to make them go down to the ground like in guilty gear or bb

they're real and i'm hard as fuck

fuck off i don't want to watch 5 hours of cutscenes

What characters was it?

But I unlocked you
I still want you to eat me though

both supposed datamined character lists suck but the one with fused zamasu sucks at least a little less because it doesn't have kid goku or jiren on it

fuck you user I'm happy for you I just like goofy side/underutilized characters and big bodies, really bummed about no Roshi, Satan, Zarbon, Kid Goku or Dabura

How do I IAD on pad?

First 5 made me diamonds and last 3 just kinda made me wilt a little. Hopefully Saiyan Saga Goku/Vegeta and ToP 17 are the first ones up to get them out of the way so we can get actually new fighters afterward. Or at least right after Bardock and Broly.

Also I hope for a Season 2 with Kafla and GoD Toppo, with no Jiren

>That feel when you unlock 21 by using your stick's turbo to mash light super combo for the entire story mode

God the AI is retarded. It only didn't work on the final evil 21 fight. Just watched Netflix for 6 hours the whole time

some dataminer found Lobby Avatars in the code that hadn't been added yet, doesn't confirm them as DLC but certainly could imply it

Broly (Super Saiyan)
Broly
Goku (base form)
Vegeta (base form)
Bardock
Bardock (Super Saiyan)
Vegito
Vegito (SSGSS)
Cooler
Android 17 (Ranger)
Zamasu
Fused Zamasu

how the hell do you combo into ginyu force? the summon is so slow or are you just meant to zone with them?

I run fat buu gotenks and vegeta. Gotenks assist sets up fattie. Also his damage is nutty I dunno what youre talking about.

>Wants fused zamasu but not kid Goku
How is it possible to have this much shit taste

There's probably some horseshit you can do by extending a combo with an assist and the Ginyu Force assist extending further.

assists, Ginyu is a point. I find if Ginyu is solo you convert off the force, not the other way around

Jump and double tap a direction

dragon ball super is complete ass but it's already thoroughly infected this game

kid goku wouldn't fit this game at all unless it was GT kid goku. and i don't think we want to open that can of worms.

Just like you would on a stick. 956. Or basically just hit 9 and then immediately hit 6.

I played this game nonstop over the weekend
my arm hurts.

See Saiyan Saga/Early Namek Vegeta I can get behind because he had so much different about him and can have a Great Ape super.

What really can Saiyan Saga Goku do, unless they go for a Power Pole deal actually hold on that sounds great.

source? that doesnt look real but base form Vegeta/Goku is literally the least boner inducing shit so I'm worried

can only be saved if Vegeta has great ape shit

Bardock is cool but I doubt he'll be playable since there's nothing unique to set him apart from Goku gameplay wise

probably a Kaioken install character with meteor combination and another fuckin level 3 beam

I guess I'm just not fast enough.

>some dumb fuck won't let me rematch him after beating him once
you know, as bad as the matchmaking wait is, even if I get bodied, I'd still wanna keep playing.

>lvl 3 #1 is kaioken install similiar to golden freiza
>lvl3 #2 is spirit bomb
>lvl 1 is the fucking headbutt

Throw in some power pole specials and the kamehameha and we're good to go

How the fuck do you approach in this game? Most people online stopped bothering and just go for beams because you can combo off of those just as effectively.

jump in, dash, air dash
this game is so, so forgiving. you can block anything in the air.

You can combo into normal burter off 236M or H in the corner, and some of the others with just 236H in the corner.

There's a video on youtube showing some Ginyu assist combos but I don't think that's what he's gonna be about.

Whats your M. Buu bnb? He can't do 5M jc >air string #1 >superdash >air string 2 +3 like most characters so hes been on the low end for me.

Also where are you using gotenks to combo fat throw? Does it work midscreen?

I have him as a point tien as my anchor and my mid as nappa

oh right spirit bomb, you're probably right. forgot he didn't actually do it in game aside from the Kid Buu cinematic

I think the summons are there for pressure, not combo extension. Also helps that you can cancel his 236L/M/H into either summon

My team is Yamcha and Adult Gohan, currently Tien is my third member, but I'm not feeling him too much. What would be a good third member of my team?

didnt know that thanks hes so fucking fun

somebody play with me im tired of waiting for ranked matches only to for people to quit after one game.

ill meet you in any lobby desu senpai

is yamcha a gay furry character

NOOO, LITTLE BUDDY!

Headbutt lvl 1 can be direct up-forward. Goku propels himself with a kamehameha from his feet.

10/10

Nah, a straight furry, you can take the gay character (Tien) to compensate though.

is chiaotzu a command grab or is it blockable?