/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Can't believe I have to make the thread again edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread:

>no doujin where Meowscular Cat cucks your palico

How the fuck do you get Wyvern gems?

How the fuck do i get lvl2 jewel?

Fuck you OP. Every time I make the new thread, somebody does else too and there's chaos.

Wageslaving sucks. I wish I was at home hunting.

Can we get a weapon tier list?

Gib Palico names pls

Can I get a definitive answer for when the HR Kirin quest unlocks?

What's the difference between the blue pink red and green dragons? I honestly can't tell them apart except color

Which one of these two describes you?

nekonyannyan

mhg's opinion on switch axes

How bad should I feel if I'm the last person to get carted when failing an SOS mission

I hope people aren't thinking bad things about me when this happens

Me too

>people bitched and moaned about the rocksteady mantle during beta
>turns out it's so hard to get nobody has it yet

Anyone down to double bazel?

fucking racist

Are any of the MH games worth emulating (and playing solo) or should I just wait for World to come out?

Post weapon usage

gs>all other trash>youre weaponfu

>Really want to farm Vaal Hazaak's gear
>The fight with him is incredibly annoying

New to MH, but heard there is a kinsect thats passive is increases buff duration. Which upgrade tree is it in?

But you can read right?

The ones with the chin spikes who don't fly much are female. The others are male.

Armour is so fucking ugly in MHW. Why even bother to make sets if I am forced to wear a ridiculous mish mash of gear?

how do I get Zorah Gem?

Can I get it before Coral Highland? I want the zorah hammer!!!

Reminder that there is no reason NOT to play ranged in this game. They're all hilariously broken with bow being the worst offender.

And the best thing is you'll only have to learn how to dodge because using the weapons themselves is braindead simple.

I cheesed it. I made mine a tiger, and named him Tom. I didn't realize until ti was too late that i should have named him Tony.

there is no inspect character on the menu and quests go so fast nobody even pays attention to names

I really hope that the dlc comes in waves and not one at a time. Think about finishing up with the game and then 3 weeks later deviljho comes out. Just deviljho so coming back to the game means you have exactly one new monster to kill repeatedly.

she takes breaks in between dicking sessions to grind with nerds

Pink and green stay on the ground most of the time, do tailflips that poison you when they go in the air, and combo charges over and over in addition to hitting large areas with exploding fireballs.

Red and blue spend most of their time in the air, poison you with their claws and move around very quickly avoiding your attacks.

Pink and blue are more aggressive and have versions of the moves that hit larger areas and come out more quickly.

I've been playing GS all weekend and realized that I've never used the tackle. Sitting at work now so I can't mess around with it. Is it worth using for anything but getting out of fuck ups?

Pretty bad.

Which monster unlocks the Weakness Exploit charm?

>tfw going from entry high rank bone SA to nergigante SA
this thing is sex

has anyone seen how OP the insect glaive is? or are all weapons pretty OP?

>Rathian still does her charge with no indication
And people said this wasn't monster hunter.

>tfw your hunter looks better than most
Grizzled vet look

10/10 game

>"there's no reason not to play ranged"
>immediately gives a reason not to play ranged
What did the casual shitter mean by this?

>get insides scrambled by chad's thundercock
>then get beta nerds to farm for you
Fucking roastie reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

How do you unlock the Arena quests? (not the special arena, the gathering hub ones).

I only have 1-3 unlocked but it let me join and help with someones No.5 arena quest, but he said he doesn't have 4 unlocked either, only 1-3 and 5-9

>cannot join quest because host hasn't watched all cutscenes please check back later

Given how dynamic monsters are it's definitely necessary to get good kill times. Also if you are doing a charge and the monster repositions into an unfavorable one, finish up getting to level 3 and then tackle and press O. The super side swing keeps the level 3 charge and becomes really powerful but with tons of horizontal reach.

this really deserves to be double passed on higher resolution
got the source video?

It was my main for 3U. I really enjoyed it. Most people insist the sword mode is what you should be using most, as often as you can. Personally, I enjoyed the axe more. I did catch myself sending other hunters flying with it if I wasn't careful. It's great for cutting pieces off of higher mons. I tried it in the demo and really like what they did with it compared to how it had been previously.

>Made a male character.
>Made him look as feminine as possible including cute freckles and eyeliner
> Am trap king of monster hunter

Why is the handler so ugly and chubby looking?
I miss moga sweetheart, best waifu

B'Gu. pronounced "buh-goo"

>Kirin is still kicking my ass another gen later
I fucking hate this horse

That list would be incomplete without context, and would change based on that

>white hair
>edgy coat
>dual blade only

After the 3 elder dragons is it straight to the final boss or do I have to go find more fucking footprints?

this

Holy shit. Dude what the actual fuck???

sleep
bomb
repeat

Gonna give you one I was gonna use, but decided not to. Hopefully you do, because I liked it, it just didn't fit my palico's design.
d'Artagnyan

I don't exactly want the edgy coat either but you're all but forced to use it in the rotten vale and I don't want to clown suit.

Are paralyze trees worth it? How about with paralyze attack armor?

Thinking of making a paralyze hammer lock down set for group play

Not my problem man. Enjoy being blown up by my bombs though.

Anri Okita is one of the most beautiful women in history. She is literally a 10/10. She needs to be cloned so that she can become a mass produced baby factory for the good of the human species.

Holy shit, that's one hungry doggo

Pretty much everything but SnS, LS, Lance, and maybe SWaxe has been called out as crazy strong over the last few days so I'd say yes.

>immediately fucks off like he has more important things to do after proving his dominance
What a chad.

>having the Nergigante drop from the beta lets you see the final weapon upgrade for weapons that use Nergigante parts
Neat bonus.
Thinking I should pick up a new weapon, what do you guys recommend?

Kek that is great

PS4 chillin lobby
Its also open to randos
4ybeKREKPrnX

doggo has ascended

>you're all but forced to use it in the rotten vale
Why?

Where are all the Grimalkynes? I'm almost at the end of the high rank story and my cat still can't do anything except throw healing bugs at me
I've tried looking for the little bastards but I can't find them

Sucks about the male skin tone.

That's fucking amazing, great catch user.

Which is better, Evade distance or Evade window?

It stops the DoT from the poison clouds present throughout the entire zone.

I'm sure there's way worse ahead but Jesus that kulu nigga is annoying to fight

>get 3 hits in
>runs away like a faggot

I'm not playing on the same platform as you, shitter. I'm waiting for the definitive release.

Alright I've been grinding Zora Mah for a while now, and have only once been able to actually get to his fucking horn to attack it a bit. Is there some trick to getting him to stay standing up and can you actually break it? For that matter can you even kill him in his repeat quest?

Is Tzitzi Ya Ku' default behavior to flash everyone and run the fuck away? I can't stop lolling over him.

Where is the main multiplayer aspect of this game focused?

My friend is getting pissed that we can;t do straight co-op.

Doesn't help that SOS is broken and there is no working matchmaking.

What are you using?

>make a perfect huntress the first time
>will get the PC version
>no option to go back and look at presets I chose
Fuck lads.

Just use the Hornytaur chest piece, it gives Effluvial Expert too. I wore it all the way into HR despite almost never actually fighting in the Rotten Vale.

Literally looks like 100 different hunters I've seen posted here, and it even looks like a preset from the beta. That said grizzled hunter is a good look

Doesn't the rad as fuck hornetaur armor do it too?

*flash your target*
Tzitzi is a bro

Tzitzi is unironically my favorite monster. He's such a fucking bully.

mh world is my first mh.
is mobility in the game as good as it is in axe form? i've tried other weapons and i felt more at ease with switch axe as it has the closest feel to bloodborne.

Is there any way to make your character a big guy?

Who else /maxupgradedhuntersoutfit/ here? Fucking thing is amazing at max.

>flash everyone and run the fuck away
me irl

you should always screen your options

>get to gather around rotten vale
>see cave with light blue water
>looks pretty
>check out for fish
>its fucking acid
god damn this place, its a literal shit hole
>

Check out that Hornitaur set, my dude. The set itself is bretty gud, but the chest piece is what you should pay attention to.

Not only is Diablos the first monster I've carted on, but he fucking triple carted me

Just make a session and join dummy

>Flashes all 4 hunters, a group of shamos, and your target
>Immediately leaves

His clash with Odogaron is pretty cool though, and I usually leave him alive since he doesn't bother anyone.

Despite the in-game description, the Sword Mode is still the superior mode, and any attacks in Axe Mode are an admission of guilt.

The Zero-Sum move is a great way to guarantee damage on a single part, but otherwise it's a move you shouldn't use over enjoying double attacks unless your Awakening Gauge is flashing red.

In other news I've been running tests and I think they finally made HH buffs stack properly with others. World Record times might involve HH and whichever weapon wins the status affliction race, coupled with DPS on the remaining slots. The HH performance attacks really lay the numbers on thick. I have to say I didn't even like HH in XX but this is a new ballgame.

>buying the same game twice

this game is short