/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

Shitposting About Patch Notes Edition

Previous Thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on WiFi.

2.1 Patch Notes evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/f44307c3-6046-42f6-8b68-e5976b520f1a/14cdc7db9aafd0045e392847437e6a8f

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9OMj-1Sco1s?t=2m7s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do you make IK's useful

play hokuto no ken

Is everyone here PC?

Be Nage and fight Kazunoko

IKs are fine where they're at right now. If you give them more utility, then there's less of a reason to actually play the game rather than setting up IKs. It's okay that they're just flashy and really hype finishers that come out incredibly rarely.

Best Wife

Play GG1

Will every player just play Johnny?

From the patches it looks like they made a bunch of his shit easier to pull off, so maybe?

yes

>mfw TEAM2K2D and 66366 FFVCL actually becomes a reality.

Faust is cute!!

Some (most? All?) characters have a Gold IK combo you can pull off when it's match point for you and you're at +50% tension with enemy life at >10.

Yeah, I don't think GG will last. Not because of the gameplay, but because of the community.
>before the game even came out anime players that aren't even relevant anymore come out of the woodwork to claim the game as their own game and appoint themselves as figureheads of the community
>one of them is a literal fucking tranny
>they try to push this cringey "help new players" ideology but are hypocrites about it since they ostracize anyone that doesn't want to use their autistic input system and only want to make fun of persona players anyway
>instantly criticize persona players for picking up the game and trying to monetize their content like they have a monopoly on arc system works games
>don't actually bother putting out decent content for the game, just make poorly edited Q&A session videos where you only answer questions that people playing for the first 30 minutes can figure out on their own, but still go on to give yourself a pat on the back for putting out crappy content as if you're helping
>call people capcom shills for saying literally anything negative about the game
I'm not even going to group every anime player and say they're all cancerous, because they're definitely not. It's clear to see that these are just people that got bullied out of BB and are just trying to establish some week 1 relevance in and then cash out like LI Joe did with SFV.

is this pasta and why'd you tell this to faust gay

Not even worth the (you). Go back to /fgg/.

Not when Sol exists. Screen shake OP.

What did Faust user do to deserve this

Reminder to ignore shitposters.

That's not.. very nice.

Were you happy when Nage slapped Omito's shit, faust user?

Screen shake club

GG is just outdated and boring compared to BB. Japan knows this and that's why they play BB more in the arcades.All knockdowns are hard knockdowns, no groundtech, no rolling in different directions for any kind of variety, same repetitive ground game with the 50/50 guessing game with the same combos (because Xrd has tinier movelists and fewer combos).Even in +R, Blazblue still had more combos and bigger movelists.

Bigger movelists don't necessarily make a game better, but when it comes to airdashers, why play something inferior with less variety? These games are supposed to be fast-paced and flashy, Blazblue characters not only have cooler looking moves, they have more versatile playstyles. More combos and moves mean more options, and more options make the game more fun and interesting. Players who know the meta and actually know how to combo will appreciate BB more, and players who just like flashy anime shit will also appreciate BB more. (Nothing to do with gameplay, but GG's attacks are so lame in comparison to BB's. They got no impact at all. Sol punches fire, Ragna absorbs your soul with a scythe, May has an anchor, Platinum has a staff that shoots traps, missiles, and other shenanigans. Even in IKs,Tager drops you from space, Ragna erases you from existence, Makoto breaks the fucking moon, Kokonoe summons a meteor, Bang's is visually awesome) YRCs take so little meter that the screen is always flashing and the game is always stuttering. Roman Cancels exist, this is redundant.

Blazblue is faster, characters have more interesting/complex movesets, groundgame is more dynamic. Most GG dickriders don't even play the games because anyone who plays GG and BB know all this. And I just want to say that I played GG for years before BB, and that I regularly go to locals. BB is just more appealing, more fun, and offers so much more. And this is coming from someone who plays every Arcsys fighter and would 10-0 you anyday of the week. Peace out.

praise be to the shake

So how did the patch go for your characters?

I'm ready to make the Great Kanto Earthquake look like a fucking joke.

Mostly buffs.

Half of that is blatantly false. Go shitpost somewhere else.

blazblue is for boring combos

for venom it went alright
got SHAKING
plus some cool dhm changes
sorta sucks having less damage on iad combos but at least we get more risc from our pressure strings and chip on dark angel

Do not reply to or acknowledge shitposters.

After many seconds I'm happy he came first. I wasn't able to see it live since I was working, but I sent him my energy.w

I can't wait to burn more meter on a worthless ICPM extender, haha!

At least I have anti-air megafist now!

Where the FUCK are the trans players in GG?

You think the S-DHM ball hit is going to be a new trajectory straight upwards and down? I'm thinking that they might give HS-DHM ball hit the H Carcass bounces or something similar.

Too shit at the game to get coverage because they're too busy posting about gender politics.

BALLS FLY
ACCORDING TO INSTINCT
NO ONE HAS TOLD THEM HOW OR WHY

There's that one that plays Ky. Forgot the name though.

Pretty damn good.
>f.S and H Dive aren't useless anymore
>Faster startup, recovery, and increased hitbox on a few buttons
>increased stun time on S STBT
>better control of ground notes
>66366 FFVCL fuckery
>2K2D combos

They're giving her way more than what she needed but I wont complain.

>"Wash, wash, wash away the knowledge, before becoming just a machine, that breathes."
It's time for the birds to leave the nest.

The one that the commentators kept calling a man at FF but got knocked out before he could complain?

no clue on S-DHM HS getting carcass bounces makes sense though, really curious on what the speed of the ball/how many times its going to bounce is

WORTHLESS AS THE SUN ABOVE CLOUDS
LOOK AT YOU

If so, it sounds hilarious. Can't remember the name, but he's not even close to passing. Just covers his face with a mask while he plays.

May buffs which is nice but the ensenga change feels a bit gimmicky and probably won't help much usually.

>S version of flash kick sounds like it might be useful now
>H version active frames nerfed
>j.D sounds like it might be useful now, although it also sounds like some combos with it probably won't work anymore
>S/H guardpoint potentially useful now
>fireball yrc window bigger
>easier to buffer everything besides dashes in backturn
Can't complain. I don't really think the buffer increase was needed although it'll make linking into his projectile super easier from bt.H. It's nice that they're trying to make his useless moves worth something though.

What is proration?

You were right user, I was thinking of Faust vs Sin for that IK. The Faust vs Raven was just that insane juggle.

It'd be really neat if you could set up some ball-to-ball action with a DHM-ball hit.

Anyone else think cinematic supers are getting lame? Like there's no creativity anymore, they're all the same in every games.
>Hits you a hundred times
>Throws you a bigger projectile than usual
>REALLY hard punch/kick
>Summons an animal/monster/demon
etc., feels like I've seen them all. They serve no gameplay purpose and are only there to look visually impressing, but it loses that appeal when they're all the same from game to game

Damage scaling on attacks. Moves with higher proration will weaken subsequent attacks more than others.

What do you expect them to do? Have the character stick a finger up somebody's arse?

>Organ Deployment: If you press a button corresponding to a move that is on cooldown, you will regenerate a set amount of that moves cooldown meter
So the use of a on-cooldown Organ thing makes it become usable quicker?

Seems pretty good.

Her guard azami can now be held as long as I want? Is that the case? Some guy in the last thread said red azami was just an 8f window now.

Yes. Doing the input while the CD is going makes it useable faster.

I wonder if it's spamable or if you can only do it once per cooldown.

>more Aegis
>more Clock-up
I don't like this.

I never grow tired of the J or Treasure Hunt, to be QUITE honest.

You better get ready for it. The faster startup on 4D is what I'm really excited for though.

That's just made up pre-translation bullshit.
So far we know jackshit about the Azami changes beyond what's written in the notes.
Can you even play versus or record dummies on the loktest or is it just beating up a stationary target?

Do I need character specific combos for Millia if I don't feel like grinding out 4 different routes

GG has one of the highest quota of trannies I have ever seen. Just look at FF, who was there? Elle, Silva, zenzen?

Better look for a different character, then.

If it takes about the same amount of meter as metered Chiron(?), aren't you going to end up doing the with metered and current start-up version of the move? I thought that only the meterless version gets a startup buff.

I've been told universal BnBs are good enough

youtu.be/9OMj-1Sco1s?t=2m7s

You'll have to adjust your BnB on the fly depending on height, character weight and weird hurtboxes (eg. Johnny)
Most of her character specific combos are optimized pinless KD routes, pinloops, Secret Garden setups, and more

I mean the notes say
>Azami (Guard Cancel): The window to catch attacks can be extended by holding the buttons
which sounds like guard azami can be held like normal azami. I'm only asking because it sounds too good to be true.

ELPHELT BUFFS

There is no universal BnBs

It does, it would pretty much mean death to autopiloting strings against her. And judging by her current version, they didn't want old Baiken back when they reintroduced her to Xrd.
I expect it'll be something like the current 1-3F window, which you can extend a further 3F or so by holding the buttons - but if you fuck up anyway, you're eating counter hits.

>mfw the new Sol buffs

Had to reread. Yeah, I guess that's the case.

can you do slayer too

I've never really attempted to draw him, but I'll give it a shot the next time I'm practicing.

I tried these BnBs in training mode and they worked on every single character, enlighten me why I'm wrong

Silva's a guy?

Unoptimized trash

Yes, but I can go easy on the jokes with Silva because of actual contributions to the community.

Seems good enough for me

Is there new combos to create or has everything been otimized already?

People are always finding new tech and more optimized combo routes. It's a slow, incremental process that's been going on since SIGN came out almost 4 years ago.

Should I care about the most optimized combos as a casual player? Everyone makes it seem like a necessity to be competent.

If you're just starting out, don't worry about it. Get the basic combos down and slowly optimize them if you want. If you want to get past like intermediate level, I would suggest learning all your optimized bnbs and even character specific combos, because at higher levels there are situations where leaving damage on the table can result in them getting another chance to fuck your shit, followed by them fucking your shit.

what do axl mains think of the changes? overall buff or nerf?

I don't know how it will sum up at the end but I read something about swordless Marteli that sounded cool
those new stylish mode combos though, what the fug

Did the update do him any justice?

I think fuck Axl

What did Jam get?

I do too friend, but I still want to hear from one of those excuses for human beings

Stole this from the discord

Greed Sever?

5H: Can cancel into f.S regardless of distance from the opponent

6P: Knock back on the first hit decreased
Knock back decreased

j.S: Vertical knock back decreased

Senri Shinshou: When done as a followup from Hyappo Shinshou, Jam will correct herself to face the opponent

Parry~P: Cancels projectiles

Renhoukyaku (super puffball): Overall duration increased, hitstop increased
Advantage on block unchanged

Bao Saishinshou: Fixed a bug where the animation on his changed based on the platform the game was running on

>giving Slayer damage buffs
>when his damage is already superb

The 2K and Bite changes are pretty cool though.

He's D tier bro

That frame is from the second hit though.