>Fancy Builds
mega.nz/#!bBhX0QzY!DaLnBdlZzVM7QOMKDpiCZM2GUaH0SQFDhe-RMNBWeWs

>Soundtrack DL
pastebin.com/deHpxzQD

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw/20kshdRC

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

terraria.gamepedia.com/Drops
youtube.com/user/Ningishu/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Starbound
christ why'd you have to remind me that exists. I was tempted to test reviving the general a little while ago because I had a lot of fun with the modding community we had going.

Welcome to starbound general, how may we help you

DEAD

UPDATE FUCKING WHEN???

Was messing around with some mods, trying to make a new world when worldgen crashed. Next world I made merged the previous crashed world with the current world during gen, resulting in... this.
I quite like it.

September 2017

M o r e

The entrance is really the most interesting part because it's right on the edge of the jungle, everything underground just looks like the second screenshot.
Basic jungeon.

Some more neat stuff.

Have to go pretty deep before the dungeon guardians actually pop up.

Cool!

Is there a list of items that are absurdly rare? I'm talking arkhalis tier rare (1 in 30 chance of existing at all on a small world, 1 in 10 chance on a medium world), water walking boots tier, and so on. Items that may not spawn at all in a world regardless of what you do

terraria.gamepedia.com/Drops

>tfw september

SUBMIT THAT TO THE FORUMS ASK THAT IT BE ADDED TO THE GAME.

Your thoughts?

This inspires me

Try to do it again, or be more specific about how it happened
I want to do that shit

Is it a good idea to download both Thorium and Spirit at the same time?

terraria randomizer when

I feel like the easiest way to do it is to use WorldgenPreview and just completely stop the worldgen at whatever point you feel is appropriate, and then make another world.
It'll mash the previous worldgen's leftovers into your new world. You can probably squeeze Crimson and Corruption into the same world with this, too.

>strawpoll.me/4613115

Crimson vs Corruption

Which do you prefer and why?

>You can probably squeeze Crimson and Corruption into the same world with this, too.
or you just use trerracustom

It's more fun breaking the game through unintended means though.

They have a bit of content that feels like overlap but otherwise they work decently well together, so I guess it is.

rlly dead thred

bleh

>People actually voted for Crimson.

I pretty surprised they have been so evenly split this whole time. Though Corruptions lead has very slowly but surely grown

is there a way to view a complete uncovered existing map without mods

tedit
and i think there's something called terraviewer

Are you asking if you can uncover the whole map on consoles or other non-PC platforms?

No.

no I'm on pc but I want to know if it's possible without mods

Probably not.
Why shy away from mods though?

I already have a lot

You do realize Tedit isn't really a mod in that sense? You don't run it while you're playing the game. It's a seperate program which reads your savefile and you can edit shit from there. It's the MSPaint of Terraria.

Interesting, why not.

Good night

Looks like it'd make a great rec room

Be sure not to save a modded world while viewing as it doesn't support mods...

Crimson
>Better ambiance.The corruption isn't unsettling at all but the crimson is, especially underground
>Better music. The corruption's goofy song never instills a sense of unease
>Better enemies. 0 burrowers and some are actually creepy
>Has a wide variety of enemies instead of just reskinned worms, bigger worms, and floating worm heads
>BoC > EoW
>Superior item stats, which helps against Skeletron
>I get far more use out of crimson rods than I ever do from vilethorns. During boss fights, building a WoF bridge in the underworld, covering my back in the pre-HM dungeon, mining—come to think of it, I get more use out of it in all situations
>Crimson hearts' accessory benefits all classes (and can be improved in a way that benefits all classes), not just mage playhroughs
>Vampire knives > the scourge
>Crimson mimics >> corrupt mimics
>Ichor >>> cursed flames
>Early HM is a joke thanks to that
>No world feeders on early expert hardmode that kill you from 400 HP in 1-3 lunges, have 1k HP, and have high defense toward your pre-hardmode weapons
>No swarms of annoying flying enemies + death pits making it a challenge to cross corruption biomes, especially in the early game + early HM
>It's infinitely easier to build bridges/rails/arenas over the crimson to avoid enemies entirely
>Boss fights in arenas that pass over the crimson won't be interrupted by flying enemies, unlike the corruption
>Because of the last 11 points, it's objectively the comfier biome to deal with
>Crimson hearts drop a melee weapon worth using. Outside of terraria ~1.0 and youtubers doing meme runs I've never seen people use a ball o' hurt
>Shadewood > ebonwood
>Crimtane > demonite
>Crimstone > ebonstone
>Crimtane brick is WAY more unique than demonite brick. Combine this with paint and you can make interesting builds that otherwise aren't possible. Meanwhile, demonite brick has 5+ substitutes
>All of the above + flesh blocks + flesh furniture = far more unique biome-based builds

bump
I mean, uh
rolling

what's her womb is like?

I just remembered a story from back when i played this about some guy who redefined terraria autism. I realize that's vague but you'll know it when you see it.. if anyone feels like posting it to remind me.

Full of bees.

get out mutty, you 6 eyed freak

details?

The guy who roleplayed hundreds of NPCs with himself?

>expert hardmode
>playing melee/mage
>use warrior gear for 90% of the game
>swap to mage gear for bosses
>currently using tanky warrior gear setup
>wearing pic related gear
>most enemies still doing 125+ damage per hit
>die often despite doing my best to dodge
should I be looking for better tank gear to equip, or should I just gitgud
honestly expert mode seems kind of boring if 90% of the difficulty is just "haha look we made the enemy kill you in 2-3 hits this time haha"

I vaguely remember early screenshots with the ingame tool saving backgrounds as a flat color or something like that, which would be pretty easy to alpha out and replace with that backround. I may be misremembering, though.

You should do both. If you have access to Hallowed that means you can get the better Turtle Armor, but you should also try not to get hit as much.
Unfortunately, you're right on the money with that spoiler. I'd personally say the only good thing about expert mode is the new world and boss mechanics and the new toys you get.

Why haven't you used the demon heart you got from the WoF to unlock your 6th accessory slot yet? Always keep those boots and shield of cthulhu equipped as well. The mobility will keep you alive better than some of those accessories will. Taking 0 damage because you dodged an attack is way better than taking ~80-90% damage because you had a defense item equipped in that slot. Also, what prefixes do your accessories have and how often are you hooking to avoid damage?

Other than turtle armor, are there any bog-standard melee accessories I should be wearing at all times? Wings + spectre boots + shield of Cthulhu to get up to sprinting speed instantly seems almost mandatory, though I guess I could drop the boots in favor of more defensive accessories.
So that leaves me with 4 slots, filled with ankh shield, myth charm, worm scarf, and either star veil or an empty slot. Any suggestions on what to replace/leave as is?

I'd say you can probably get away with losing wings, boots, and shield if you get a pigron mount. That would leave you with three slots open after shield, scarf, and veil, slots you can then fill with more defensive stuff like the frozen turtle shell, or offensive stuff so you can kill things faster before they hit you. The sun and moon charms and their derivatives are something you definitely want to get, though.

didn't see your reply when I was typing up my previous post
I have used the demon heart, there are 6 accessory slots in the image I posted, I left a slot empty because
>I was in my pre-hardmode normal world I use for testing concepts, 6th accessory doesn't work outside of expert
>to represent the "spare slot" I have to work with

You find the boots + shield are better than shield + wings? I'll try that out again I guess.
Most of my accessories have either the arcane prefix for extra mana, or defensive/warding for the extra armor.
Hooking seemeda bit clunky with the illuminant hook I'm using, what with the 3 hooks and jump canceling. Might swap it out for a dual hook so it's less distracting.

I'll def look into getting the frozen turtle shell and the celestial charms, though I seem to have bad luck when farming for them.

So the ideal setup would be something like this?
>Specter boots
>Shield of Cthulhu
>Worm scarf
>Ankh shield
>Frozen shell
>Charm of myths/Celestial stone

Its tedious but you only should equip the thing that reduces CD of potions for 1 second before using them , 99 of the time I use something else there , Solar charm , Flesh knuckle or the ninja thing that gives chance to dodge reforged for +4 armor

Nah, I keep the shield of cthulhu, boots, and wings on at all times. I've always found the ankh shield to be superfluous, and I never have trouble in early expert HM after spending a couple of hours getting better weapons, armor, and accessories—emphasis on weapons. Personally, I'd lose either the ankh shield or the worm scarf and swap in the boots and shield of cthulhu. Once you get used to it, you'll have better survivability by dodging attacks instead of taking them to the face. Once you're post-Plantera, swap out the shield of cthulhu for master ninja gear

The Shield of Cthulhu is the best expert item
prove me wrong
protip: you can't

Demon heart. SoC is a strong contender, though.

Well, forgot about that one
Then the second best expert item

where is this girl from?

Komi-san something something, idk, I don't watch/read it

my character doesnt blink wtf

Tediumcore-user (as someone once called me) here.
What class would be the easiest and fastest to beat bosses with?
My favourite class is melee but it gets pretty weapon dependant later on

>build a bunch of mod items
>become a literal god with 1k health and cant even take damage but deal over 1k per swing with any weapon

Uhhh what now

Terrarian.

Watch this guy's videos, you'll learn a lot youtube.com/user/Ningishu/videos

Why is there like only one worldgen structure mod
Imagine something like the ruins mod for Minecraft on Terraria or something

Will do

Talking about Minecraft mods for Terraria, anyone else think there'd be some great ground for a dimension mod? A unique side-world to your main one that can't conflict with other mods?
Obviously that shit would be hell to program if possible at all.

ENGINE

Is that a general response, or was that a response to specifically dimension-like stuff? I haven't heard of it but I'm interested.

I'm pretty sure Red has talked about wanting to do stuff like that but being unable to due to how the engine set up, which is a big reason why he wanted to stop working on Terraria and work on Terraria 2.
For the record, that mod Super Terraria World does manage something like that, but it's a huge hack. It just had you loading into and out of different premade worlds when you shift to other areas.

I know I've talked about hoping they use that concept to radically increase the design space to work with in Terraria 2 plenty of times in thread before, though.

Ah, that blows.
This would require the Mod API to support it, but I think one way that would work well enough is allow mods to add generation options, and just have an option generate the special world. Make both when you start a playthrough, and if you need an item to go to the dimension, just make it so the spawn blocks the player from exploring until they use an item they get from a regular world.
Or I guess the way to get around THAT is to just have a generation program, but all of this is hacks compared to the real thing. This is all ideas anyway.

just made this based on

Looks great

Still to this day i think the walking goldfish are one of the cutest things in terraria
Also nice build
Would meditate at/10

She makes me rock hard.

I'm blind. What is that glowing off to the right, some sort of weird jungle mermaid?

Pfft.

GRealm adds a bunch of new enemies to the jungle.

Imagine the possibilities of a background layer. You wouldn't need to jump over your house, instead you'd just go through a door. You could find cave entrances and secret passages while mining. You could make a sky dungeon without covering the entire sky in shit or getting attacked by dragon dicks.
But I guess that kind of shit will never happen because of .

Yeah, it'd be interesting if corruption had a furniture set like Crimson does, but I really miss the wormscarf on corruption worlds.