How much is enough? I'll say 2,5 million net worth. You?

How much is enough? I'll say 2,5 million net worth. You?

5m

Enough to live comfortably fucking ladyboys in bangkok for the rest of my life

5 million

Maybe 5 mill for you til your grandkids

50 million to live on comfy lake tahoe

5 million

get a nice 10-20 acre plot of land, build a cottage/cabin, and live off the land on a hobby farm

If I had 2.5 million, I'd take 500,000 and divide it into down payments for 4 condos in a city like Toronto after the housing crash happens. Then I'd rent the 4 condos out and live off the interest on the remaining 2 million. Maybe hire a property manager for the condos and buy a small hipster brew pub with 3 other people. That's both living comfortably and keeping yourself busy.

2.1b is max cash you retard

Rather, supplement my income with the interest on the remaining 2 million..

For me, all I need is like $350k and something fun and low stress to do for work at > $25/hour. I live very cheaply (household spending around $25k, of which I pay around $14k), but I get bored easily. Well on track to get both in the next couple of years.

Thought I'ld clarify on my answer

300k short term so I can semi-retire and make indie videogames for a few years possibly with no profit at all

5 million long term so I can retire for the rest of my life and live off dividends

If I just want to live comfortably... I need 610k. All I need is 10k a year for where I'm living.
Maybe 2.4 mil if I decide on visiting a few places and spending more than I need or want.

But in reality.
400 million. I can have around 100 projects each worth 4 mil.
I need artistic entertainment projects in order to fill the void in my life.

Otherwise I'd need 20 trillion to start funding gene therapy/neurological therapy to change my personality and quirks to something more sapient and cognitive.
Same for my body which is failing even at my low age of 19.

All of it. Someone needs to change this world. With enough money I could do it.

5m is the correct answer.

I have 2.7m and it's not enough.

it will never be enough

this.

once you hit 1m, you want 2m, then you want 3, then you want 5, then you want 10, then 20, 30, 50, 100.

then you short the bank of england

>then you short the bank of england
Just soros my shit up senpai

Studies show that once you have enough money to cover your basic needs (rent, food, hookers) your happiness does not improve the more money you make. That said, I think I could be real real happy with 3 mil and airmiles to spots with good exchange rates

i just want enough money raise several white children and live in a comfy house.

5-10 million is the minimum where I will start to sleep properly and actually might enjoy life. Anything until then is poverty to me.

enough not to wageslave and be free to do things you love

>body failing at 19
It's only failing because you're treating it like shit. Stop drinking, lose weight, stop eating like shit, and get some damn exercise.

I feel better at 29 than I did at 21,and that's mainly because I was hurting my body with all the boozing, partying, and lack of exercise.

400 billion. Nothing less.

20m by 30. But i'll still feel poor so probably 50m by 40+

this tbqh

>20m by 30. But i'll still feel poor so probably 50m by 40+

How does it feel knowing that best what you will realistically achieve in your life is 1m by 50?

I'm plan to stop trying around $750k, but my yearly spend is under $20k.

No idea why everyone wants $5M - do you even budget? (I don't, but $5M is a stupid amount of money to "need")

I do wonder what percentage of the "millionaire by 30 or I will kill myself" anons ever become a millionaire or kill themselves.

I'll be happy with 1m, enough to buy me and also my parents a nice house. But I'll still want more after that. Probably around 1.5 million after I have bought the houses would be good, which means I'll need to get around 2.5 mil overall.

>No idea why everyone wants $5M
The average normie needs a huge amount of money.

I know people who spend $1000 per month for a room in a shared apartment and probably $40+ on food everyday despite making a very average income.

>No idea why everyone wants $5M - do you even budget? (I don't, but $5M is a stupid amount of money to "need")

Some of us want to get hot girls.

The way I see it, if I can just get 100k before the age of like 28 (currently 22), then I can just put that 100k away in investments that will grow on their own til I'm 65, beating inflation, and it should grow into enough to take care of me from age 65 onward. Just 100k with no extra money but about 40 years of investing.

That way, I know that I've essentially bought my retirement with 100k at age 28 and I can basically just spend what I make after that without worrying about saving for the long, long future. In other words, I can quit my fucking white collar job, go to another country and work part time jobs and mess around, spending the whole paycheck if I want, and worry less about it.

I would much, much rather work a nice part time job doing something easy and dealing with people than being locked up in this cubicle all day for the bigger paycheck.

I don't know how much hot girls cost where you are but in most of Europe they cost less than a couple of hundred euros a time, you don't need to be a millionaire.

unless you're making bank you'd be better off becoming more attractive rather than blowing money on gold digging 3d girls

$5M is enough to probably sustain spending >$150k every year indefinitely. Normies don't spend nearly that much, not even with all of the debt they rack up. Average household income is like a third of that.

Being able to make millions of dollars is part of what makes the man attractive duh.

yeah, but it's easier to be fit and attractive in non-millionaire ways than to actually be a millionaire.

plus if you're only attractive because you're a millionaire, you're going to burn through that money pretty quickly attracting women who will drop you once it's gone.

after the first $100k you might be inclined to grind a little more to bump up your net worth even more. I could do the relaxed part time thing now, but I'd rather work normally for another ~5 years and be done for good.

money is attractive because it is proof that you are a successful man. you just have to be wary of the girls who are interested in your money directly instead of what the money represents.

>money is attractive because it is proof that you are a successful man. you just have to be wary of the girls who are interested in your money directly instead of what the money represents.

I'm not stupid. I want women to KNOW I have 5 mil and am a baller, but at the same time they should be aware they will not be getting any of it.

It's just the fact that I'm a successful man that turns most of the girls on.

>yeah, but it's easier to be fit and attractive in non-millionaire ways than to actually be a millionaire.

You probably never heard about maxing out. I have already maxed out my looks to the point where they cannot be improved any further. So right now I'm competing with Chads. Chad with a 5 mil > Chad with 100k. Is that clear?

Well sure but all I really want is to be able to retire as soon as possible.
I'm already married and my wife is very frugal.
I don't care if I'm never rich, at all. I just want to get enough to get by, for a very long time, without actually working, even if it means I never get to spend much.

get rich anyway so ur wife is perpetually wet

3 million minimum

1 million for various properties around,

Another million to spend on whatever the fuck I want.

And another million for investments, interest and secure lifetime retirement.

In all reality though, need 10-12 million to truly begin to hit IDGAF about anything baller mode.

So you inherited 2.6m

around the world*

>age 65

Currently earn £20k a year so I would have no concept of what the perfect amount is. But I imagine 6 figure salaries give you the freedom to do what you want within limit without making yourself a target or lawsuits / hand outs

That's the point. It means the last part of my life is covered. Now I don't ever have to worry about saving for it, I just gotta get there.

This. With 3-5m you can comfortably live off dividends. I would still want to work since it helps me to stay organized. I'd probably reduce my work hours though.

these are correct

i calculated it and thats about enough

>rent

I would rather live on property that I own.

>How much is enough?
>posting a pic of Jordan
either you follow pic related and never is enough or you don't bet in the first place and you become a farmer you fucking faggot

2.5 Million ATLEAST.

put that money into a few companies of the DJIA that are getting over 3% divi a year.

continue to invest 3,000 a month and live off the rest

$100M
>inb4 hurr you'll never get there
You don't actually know me or what resources I have.

I don't spend much, but I would certainly travel more if I reach 3M. I am happy to say that I don't owe anything I have to anyone. No bank/credit card company is dangling a fucking sword over my head. Right now I'm working towards getting a nice place to live free of debt. I'm almost half way there and I started to worry about this a year or so ago, hope to reach that goal by the end of this year or first months of 2018. After that I will reward myself with some long vacations.

hope you get there friend, but at least that one sentence you typed sounds like you won't live long enough to do it.

2.5 Mill also
50 years of 50,000 wages is more than enough to be financially free. Anything after is extravagance.

>mfw my real goal is 1 Trillion
don't judge me anongs

20 million if you want to live in a first world country

3 million is enough to live of the interest. While starting your own projects if you wish.

I could retire w/ 250k no joke

I don't spend a lot.

All I really 'want' are a few things:

>apartment on the east coast, somewhere like RI
>bugeye WRX wagon with a few tasteful mods
>an international vacation once a year

Considering the fact that I have 60 or so good years left to live, $50k a year would be more than enough for somewhere like RI.

That's $3m over the next 60 years.

Counting the price to purchase a car, apartment, vacations, and money to give to my parents, $5m would be a reasonable goal for me to achieve.

I will never know this feeling because my goal is actually realistic. I honestly believe that I will achieve it earlier with the direction that my company is heading. Thanks for your comment

>WRX
KYS

enough to buy a fallout shelter and farm somewhere in the boonies of canada or some other third world country, along with lots of books and amenities.

poorfag wanting to be richfag...
I would have thought at a certain point wealth just becomes a game - so enough is when you are finished playing the game (which, for most is thankfully never)

This is an odd reference