/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General Saddam Did Nothing Wrong Edition

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 30th of January:
1018 – The German–Polish War ended with the signing of the Peace of Bautzen between Henry II, Holy Roman Emperor, and the Piast ruler of Poland, Bolesław I.
1607 – Low-lying places around the coasts of the Bristol Channel of Britain were flooded, possibly by a tsunami, resulting in an estimated 2,000 deaths.
1968 – Vietnam War: Forces of the Viet Cong and the Vietnamese People's Army launched the Tet Offensive to strike military and civilian command and control centers throughout South Vietnam.
2000 – Kenya Airways Flight 431 crashed into the Atlantic Ocean near Côte d'Ivoire shortly after takeoff, killing 169 on board.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.2
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.1 - 13/10/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Previous Thread:

Is that Peron?

no, he comes later

based

White and Based

Seen as I can't EP on Sokoto apparently r8 these new border goals.

white men

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

but what about that part of kong you already got , are you releasing it?

Just had Mexico refuse Treaty of Guadelupe Hidalgo, I didn't know they ever did this

Fuck, just realised you need N&I to annex shitters.
It gets event given away when someone claims the Congo.

You asked for too much, cabrone. The best part is there's no way to actually make them give you Baja, it's entirely RNG. Bravo HPM.

RNG?

Random number generator. Roll of a dice. It means there's no way for a player to influence or change it, you have to savescum if you want it.

You know, this would actually look better WITHOUT Aro. Colonial Cameroon looks great

how're my planned borders, /gsg/?
any ideas for colonies after i civilize? preferably in the Indian Ocean

Eh, I'm just going to roll with it because my wargoal is still return all cores to me and I'm easily steamrolling them. I'll probably add Baja, Chihuahua, and Cohuila, since that was the fullest extent the warhawks in Congress wanted, and rp it as the hawks having convinced Congress to go all the way since Mexico refused the more reasonable offer.

>liquor
Nice meme
Build real factories next time

miltary spending or education

He died tho.
That was wrong.

Managed to rush Nash and Imp annex Sokoto, now justifying EP on Tukulor. I guess I'm going full Pan-Africanist at this point.
The good news is if I pull this off the entire Sahara will be mine, so I'll look a lot bigger.
Education if dumb, military if smart.

British and Aro forces meet in the Tukulor capital.

bits of Yemen/oman, maldives and some parts of western india

>pan africanist
>igbo supremacist
how will this work?

For some reason this reminds me of EU3. Maybe because I always blobbed as Byzantium in that game.

i'll probably steal Gwadar from Oman and Goa from Poortugal
already captured Soqotra
when i get a GP ally i'll take the Maldives

>CHRISTINO SYMPATHIZERS
>CHRISTINO REBELS
>CHRISTINO SYMPATHIZERS
>CHRISTINO REBELS
>CHRISTINO SYMPATHIZERS
>CHRISTINO REBELS
>CHRISTINO SYMPATHIZERS
>CHRISTINO REBELS

christino rebels have unclean rooms

r8, and where to expand

America as it should have been. Now the real question is do I respect the South's right to secede?

and next two idea groups, havent picked them yet because massively behind on tech and saw tech as more important if i want northern vassals Morea for the islands of the med and ragusa were planned so far
That's a saxon burgundy btw

no
take Yucatan and the connecting state plus Cuba

Roman Empire at the extent that it was at during Traian's rule.

disgusting blobber

well obvs that, but WHERE AT THE MINUTE, do i massacre the latins? Or do I go to war with Bulgaria and annex them (which lets me also vassalise ragusa in a war) Or do I snake into Cicilia

>disgusting
AesÞetic blobbing.

>it's blobbing even if you use client states properly
tfw recreating the borders of the three frankish kingdoms as flanders

y tho

i want to see this

all mexico as slave states or bust

I like how Darkest Hour looks and I like the technology systems over HoI3 because of the names of companies and shit but Darkest Hour runs at 25fps for some reason and is slow and cluttered and doesn't let me zoom enough.

sorry user got nothing closer than this. but yeah kept orleans alive as they were the last d'anjou

h8 blobbers

h8 niggers

h8 jannies

do I use niggermod with africa mod or on its own?

>do I use niggermod
You dont, stop shitposting

reee I just want grossafrika game to satisfy my autism

>tfw couldn't tell where the Tuks ended and the Poles began at first

Also, nice job frankish user

no u

based colorblindanon

yeh in my game atm i have 'turkish' rebes atm, so might let them spawn then vassalise for shits and giggles
really annoyed how they nerfed austria this patch and it just cant take in the other hapsburgs, also lower austria now splits via event like bulgaria which is bullshit

in EU3 a OPM start is simple, just have to bide your time and plan ahead.
in EU4, a OPM start is suicide, and they put systems in place to fuck you over for not playing a major power.

in EU3, you can actually take core provinces that were historically part of your nation, without having the fucking indians from across the ocean taking -50 reputation hits, along with everyone else in the world, as if they're on some fucking social network announcing every nation's move.
in EU4, managing anything is now a fucking chore, from the combat to cycling merchants and diplomats, everything has regressed and got thrown into retarded small menus for absolutely no fucking reason

all gameplay changes for EU4 have been centered on the AI, instead of the player, giving them blatant cheat-mode bonuses and mechanic skips like no big deal.

so, they made the game unfun, broke everything that worked, and made a game for AI to play instead of actual people.

is EU4 ever going to be fun or is it time to just move on forever from europa universalis?

gsg and taxes when

When will we get a grand strat game where we can genocide janny pops?

moving on from paracuck garbage is definitely good move.

It’s time to install the MEIOU + Taxes mod, where you have lots of historical events letting you expand, as Flanders you’re a minor but still you can join the HRE and do pretty well with some surrounding Low counties but fine without
The diplo interface from Mandate of Heaven dlc means you don’t have to rotate diplomats to stop coalitions constantly
What do you mean by ‘without having the fucking indians from across the ocean taking -50 reputation hits, along with everyone else in the world’

>No Yucatan
>No Cuba
>No Alaska
>No Maritime Republic
>No Puerto Rico
>Definitely no Philippines or Hawaii
I expect better in the future, son.

>he doesn’t like THE MEXICAN COCKBLOCK
If America had no pacific border then the world would be a better place

>ywn live in a world where Napoleon III reinstates an absolute monarchy and allies with Manifest-Destiny-On-Steroids America

>no golden circle
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

forgot my pic

it's only 1855, user

So how does ww1 pan out, britain obviously fights France despite being gifted Hannover back
Do we see the resurrection of the English-Austrian alliance, do they try to remake the HRE but reform it rather than czechslovakia and all the other autistic shit like the polish corridor rather than just giving Danzig to Poland

The Ming dynasty Xuande emperor died #onthisday in 1435. Probably made during his reign, this gold plaque was designed to be stitched into a pillow. Decorated with two gold dragons and a flaming pearl among clouds, it is worked in relief and inlaid with semi-precious stones. The gems were imported from South Asia and as the use of these materials was restricted, this was probably made for a member of the early Ming royal family.

Eh, it depends how things pan out here I guess. Spain is actually surprisingly competent this game and Savoy has tried and failed once already to push Austria out of Italy so who knows how that will go. Right now France has a better army than Prussia, so your scenario would seem likely if things continue to pan out this way. I don't know how Prussia will win the war for Alsace-Lorraine and Austria shows no signs of exiting Italy anytime soon.

So why did chinks never learn how to facet
The variety of shapes make them look more like coloured stones than gems

>It's only 1855,user
SON DID I JUST HEAR AN EXCUSE? ONLY LOSERS GIVE EXCUSES.

s-s-sorry user :^(

How do I play Venice?

The real question though is if I keep slavery or not. Even with a boost of slave states from Mexico I don't think Dixie is strong enough to fight off the North here, and the way things are going I think the South will secede first

>acquire shekels
>rub hands
>go to start

I replied before you posted your game so though you were just Alt-His’ing
And yeah was thinking more 1860’s-70 reforms so he actually beats Prussia, but then takes command of the NGC because he’s Frankish?

Light ships, ally castille to take the aragonese islands, ally pope to get some of Naples, go for Berber states then escape to new world

Just No-CB Byzantium.

Jannies are on a ROLL

The only thing really holding them back was an incompetent high command. If Napoleon could have somehow purged the general staff and brought in some people who understood how to effectively use what they had, they could have won easily.

I only yell because I know you'll make me proud in the end :^)

>then takes command of the NGC because he’s Frankish
Really scratching my head there lad

It's currently in the final stage and I only need to add a few more things, followed by 2-3 test campaigns to ensure that there's no bugs and it's out. Should be sometime this week

d-d-d-do I try to keep slavery in place? It would be based, but I don't think it's in the cards. Confederacy has less than 10 soldier pops to the North's >30

In my Lithuania game Portugal got fucked by Morocco which meant that Ming ended up colonising Alaska and West coast America

>Do I try to keep slavery in place
If you can while going for the other borders you've laid out, do it, but if you can't then its fine. The borders are the most important. Are you planning to stay a republic the whole game, or are you gonna go for a fascist/communist run?

If I can't keep slavery then I'll want to go fascist to remove the nogs. And it would be kind of fun to see Yankee breakaway-states pop up over the entire continent once the 2nd civil war triggers.

Fair enough I'd love to see either, so its up to you :3

My point being that, if America had no Pacific border, outside of 13 colonies mode, the map would look like shit, due to the weird canadian tumor. Undecided on independent texas atm

Hearts of Iron 3 Collection

>E0ATD.HPZJM.IR4NI

CK2

>DMX6T.XP3K3.ICK8J

replace "." with "-"

have fun anons

Mexico would never be able to retain control over all of that, American settlers would tear it apart. You'd have an independent Texas, independent California, Deseret, etc. The way it ended up is probably the best case scenario for Mexico.

>Independent Deseret
Dear Elohim yes

Thank you sweet user :3

go with god my son

Do I answer L'Emperor's call to arms with a cold Civil War brewing?

Only if you're willing to help them form Grobs Franciums

Who is the best Merchant Republic start on CK2

>that flag
What mod?

we talking 48 parallel and Polk's Mexico Manifest Destiny or "Annex Canada, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean" Manifest Destiny

pls give ck2