Coinbase is down

so imagine that one day the coinbse is offline and this enite pseudo-cryptocurrency ponzi scheme is revealed when 43 billion $ evaporates instantly from the market

what then?

Nobody here fucking uses Coinbase you goddamn idiot. Those that do are corporate idiots. Fuck back off to Reddit.

Then someone is going to be rich.

Then I laugh and go check on my POSW stakes and monthly dividend

Wouldn't care since all my crypto is in a hardware wallet and the normies keeping everything on an exchange for that long can deal with the consequences. After Mt Gox, you would be stupid to leave anything you aren't willing to immediately sell or trade on an exchange.

Armed revolution

Ask the people losing millions with MGTOX

>coinbase equals crypto capitalization
how does it feel to be this fucking mentally impaired?
I fucking wish it would go down so I could get some cheap LTC and ETH when it dips and goes back to normal after two weeks

what hardware wallet you use?

Coinbase is insured up to 250k and if I have made that much I would already be happy enough

whats the best crypto trading site?

i only ever use coinbase to check the current price of eth and btc, they have a nice graph, and when i need to buy a dip instantly before it shoots up

only literal retards trust their coins on their hot wallets, they only insure us citizens

An hero

I'm looking to buy a Ledger

If you don't control the crypto keys, it's not your crypto. You lose it, you deserved it.

I'm a beginner so I bought a few coins in Coinbase and currently waiting for them to them ti be deposited but I do wsnt ti move them off of that to secure them.

What's a goid wallet to use that can support multiple coins and that can be backed up? I was thinking Jaxx because I like that you can access it on your mobile device.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Rather than making a new thread can I ask, how are you guys making provisions for 10+year investments?

I don't trust these exchanges AT ALL, I'm quite new to crypto as well.

Does every type of coin have their own downloadable wallet? I heard something about a "hardware" wallet.

Also do exchanges (bittrex) in my case charge you fees for transfering to your own wallet? This is going to sound autistic but the idea of my rounded number crypto becoming 24.999995 once withdrawn is literally a factor to consider.

thanks bros.

I have 30k worth of ETH on Coinbase. What's a good wallet to hold it in in-case of a hard fork or hacking or something?

I only hold ~$30k, but for ETH+tokens I use Mist wallet on a debian box with LUKS encryption, then the private key in a veracrypt container backed up to multiple offsite locations. I ain't losing this shit.

app store reviews say Jaxx is buggy but it runs fine on my oneplus 3t

see my comment above

also all exchanges have withdrawal fees, it's just part of doing business. "no fee" platforms tend to go completely out of control. I'm OCD too, but you tend to get over the 24.99999999 shit after a while.

You are goofy insane if you thing the gov't is going to pay off non-USD shitcoin holdings when coinbase fails. If you read the fine print I think you will find that only your fiat currency holding is insured as a deposit.

whoa. I don't understand any of this.

You have a separate computer for wallets?
Doesn't offsite backups make it more susceptible to theft? I was under the assumption hardware wallet mean a usb stick in a safe or something.

What do they use instead then ? Kraken?

I hate mist wallet. It usually takes me days just to sync the thing so my coins show up at all, and I'm not much of a techie for an advanced wallet like that.

> this enite pseudo-cryptocurrency ponzi scheme is revealed when 43 billion $ evaporates instantly from the market

They dont know its already GONE

That's why us coinlets are turning to you more experienced coin hilder to helps us better navigate and secure our funds, the more confidence people hace in growing and holding their coins the more widely adopted it will be and the greater you/everyone's coin will be worth. But if it becomes to complex or few people have confidence in the system it can stagnate progress which is why we are asking for your help and wisdom.

>keeping any substantial amount of crypto on an exchange
Retards will have deserved it.

Holy fuck use Google. There are literally hundreds of better alternatives.

It was listed among the best for GBP.