/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

Unoriginal picture edition

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log stalker.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.
>Quickstart Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1cnQeURGCjHTRPOGJH8G5ijP1fw5vbVWSE7opABcBpNk
>Mod Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1JPA0hQZVJ6mSvTsp6Sy3CoAkObJOKeoPHEamDC19Lio
>Miscellaneous Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/103nyaAM5PKgBwuZ35jRbv7VM7tEcvi1Scv6boOMe1RM
>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!RQoBEKaC!uyAfMXpgRdvc1CPBxocr7A
mediafire.com/?eb3nzh929em51
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
cloud.hellcathq.com/index.php/s/hdavNCB4Ge0nwtm
ap-pro.ru/forum/119-90160-1126335-16-1517472182
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/downloads/
moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery/forum/thread/help-game-crashes-killing-the-controllers-at-iron-forrest
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What are the chances of CoC and Gunslinger being put together?

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
>Clear Sky
mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
>Call of Pripyat
mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg

>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!RQoBEKaC!uyAfMXpgRdvc1CPBxocr7A
mediafire.com/?eb3nzh929em51

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ

>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Last thread:

Since Gunslinger is never ever and not released, approximately zero. Also fuck you for slipping in between the cracks.

Fuck you too.
But isn't gunslinger still in development? There's a video up on the dev's youtube that's two months old.

Yes it's still in development with no expected release date, timeline, feature list for 1.0, or design document. Therefore it's never ever.

More like give up it's dead edition

>New thread not posted for twelve minutes
I'm triggered

Kys go play fallout 4 then you massive queer boy

You're the reason the thread is dead.

learn your lesson now filthy virgins, your weeb shit kills sg

You're the reason Hitler lost

Why do you post this old clusterfuck of an op and stll manage to fuck it up?

If you don't like it post the thread yourself next time

I will.

>Hey guys! Does anyone have a link to the OGSE weapon pack ? I cant find it anywhere

for which OGSE??

>BF4?

yeah scope model is from bf4, but I fixed the fucked up parts of it. and edited some UV
and made texture in stalker format for it with bump
added it to a few models and made a scope overlay for the UI

Going to try for the first time Call of Chernobyl, should I go "vanilla" or install some addons?

If you've used weapon mods for other games you might want to see if they exist for CoC, but if you've been playing vanilla just go in vanilla.

OGR if you want vanilla weapons with better animations.
OWR if you want vanilla game with better quality weapons and animations.
also this

I used AO on CS, is OWR better?

AO for quantity, OWR for quality

female stalker mod now

Can you change the shading in Last Day 1.3 to something less dark? Some places are so fucking disgustingly dark that the flashlight's light blends into the darkness

>tfw none of the M16s in LURK are any good
It's kind of jarring moving back to SoC mods from my years of CoP. SoC shit is so primitive.

Freedom = hippies in uniform
die losurs

cloud.hellcathq.com/index.php/s/hdavNCB4Ge0nwtm
Unstable build of CoC 1.5 R7 with Dolphins

where2cop
pls be friend

>modified 2 months ago

great bitcoin miner m8

coc repo in OP
texture and model replacers
waifu_spore_CoC_1.4.22

ap-pro.ru/forum/119-90160-1126335-16-1517472182
CoC R7 build - cloud.hellcathq.com/index.php/s/hdavNCB4Ge0nwtm
Scripts and configs - bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/downloads/

haha guys am i ready for the pripyat haha

comfy

moar

>It's fucking Jill from Resident Evil
Thanks russians

What should I open the crash logs with? Notepad ++ and regular Notepad just show up gibberish.

what filetype are you opening? .txt should be what you need to open

lolwut

It says MDMP.

then you are trying to open the wrong logfile
you want the .txt one

I see. It does have one with the xray_ but it doesn't really have an indicator of the crash. No FATAL ERROR or anything. It only has this at the bottom.

compiling shader particle_alphaonly
compiling shader model_distort_0
compiling shader model_distort4glass_2
stack trace:

0023:0AB40AC0 xrGame.dll, CxIOFile::Scanf()

>stack trace:
>
>0023:0AB40AC0 xrGame.dll, CxIOFile::Scanf()

yeah, there ya go.

what game/mod?

Memesery/MISERY on CoP. Just happening lately when loading getting near the bandit base in Yanov.

I meant lolwut about the russians
I know who the model is

MLR questline about female Heep

You're ready for anything. Which mod?

ok then, if you say so

No! Please! Ahhhhhhh....

top kek
you deserve it tbhfamalam

moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery/forum/thread/help-game-crashes-killing-the-controllers-at-iron-forrest

>not telling them to wait
>iris heart
>using a bizon

you deserved it

Been searching about what causes it in other places, apparently it's not exclusive to MISERY. STAKERSOUP also had the problem (Access Violation or something). Though I really might give this shit up.

Anyways, how's Last Day? Does it have the same level of difficulty autism as Misery?

>STAKERSOUP also had the problem
I'm honestly not surprised at all by that. SS is shit thanks to the modder

misery is just garbage honestly m8
2.2 is even worse than I remember 2.1 being

last day is probably fucktons better than memery

The ported the model from resident evil 5 to stalker, it must be russian magic

Alright then, downloading it right now. Please tell me it still has the game's quests. I hate just running around doing the same shit.

Release that shit for e-praise negr.

nigga i can do the same thing
not russian

it's a standalone CoC derivative based on coc 1.4.22
no the base CoP quests are not present but coc has a story mode.

Thanks man, I'm gonna include the stuff later.

Oh.. that's disappointing. What mods still retain the games' quests? Another thing, opinions on that "The Journey" mod?

Cool, wasn't sure if you were gonna see those or not.

Anyone who is playing that OGSE and has that merc suit crash can download and use that fix. no new game required.

Try playing misery 1.1 from the repo

Finally found the culprit. Have to go digging in the alife.txt for it. Apparently my toaster of a laptop really wasn't doing all too hot with the standard 300. Went autismo and purged it down to 75, the saves now work.

I really don't give a shit about e-praise

I ended up adding it because like that other user was saying it seems kind of stupid to have no ability to put a longer range scope on a weapon with a picatinny rail.
So did that and made the leupols sniper scope an option too.
Eventually I will release it with some of the other crap i've done.

Wassup negr, plz add RE nigerians as bandit хДДД

leave the bizon out of that
it's rude to bully weapons with retardation

>Shoot someone on the chest at point blank range with a TOZ twice
>They slap you like the whore you are
>Shoot someone on the head with a PM
>Dies immediately
But of course.

dima's mod final but it's entirely in polish

So those Monolith guys, was sending them with Duty the proper decision?

It is actually from some ruskie mod.
t. the guy who uploaded the original waifu spore

Well that's your call, though most mods have the acog at similar zoom levels to the pso. It certainly begs for an adjustable rifle scope or an NV one.

What the FUCK are fractures?

There's not a thing in this game that scares me but they really fucking creep me out

izloooom

>Randomly destroying crates
>Full condition suit drops
What.

You can press Z to become zombified during CoC faction select. God damn it, I was wondering if this was even possible, everyone but Monolith and Zombies hate you, otherwise you play as normal, not shambling and shit. Didn't try talking to other zombos tho.

>Play as a zombie
Why? And how was it?

That easter egg has been a thing since 1.2 or 1.3

Ok, I am ready for Jupiter Underground with my CS friends, got 2 bottles of vodka, of which one is already 1/2 empty.
I'll actually be sad if one of these guys dies and will keep their CS patch in my inventory for remembering

Or you can just play normal and become a immortal zombie at the monolith

But this was I can die! What's so fun about waking up during the night in bumfuck Great Swamp out of a coffin, and never dying aftewards while everyone shoots you.

But what is the reason in becoming a zombie then?
Fuck, I just shot a Loner at Jupite, why was he travelling alone in a area that is infested with bandits...

Poor guy, didn't even know what hit him

Novelty factor that everyone fucking hates you, can't buy from anyone.
Also playing a zombie in survival mode.

>Play with shitty quality
>Someone shoots at me
>Immediately shoot at the first person I see
>Kill him
>It was just an innocent bystander
And that's why I keep a dot for crosshairs just to know if it turns red or not.

Nobody will give me a mission and I don't know why. Is this a common bug? Also post inventories

Yeah there a ups and downs for crosshair, normally I take out my binos to decide if I shoot or not but goulash disables the identifying and because I thought everyone walking at Jupiter will be a enemy, I just shot him in the chest with 7.62, which instantly killed him.
Good thing my relation with loners is so high because I did a lot of missions

>Still no Soldier of Fortune level of gore mod
Being a gorefag sucks.

>8
Get out of here stalker

I'm sorry but this absolutely pig disgusting.

I have to agree
>Mil with 7.62 guns
>TWO GUNS WITH SAME AMMO TYPE
>No shotgun for muties
>Only 20 rounds as backup for your TWO weapons that use it
>.45 ACP with 50 rounds of ammo
No wonder no one wants to give you a mission

Just finished Shadow of Chernobyl for the first time. Clocked 30 hours in two days. Anyway, let me ask a few things.

- is the "ghost bullet" thing real? I've read about it a lot around the net, and it really struck me as odd that my accuracy (even crouched and still) was really crap, but I didn't know it was hardcoded into the game.
- I've heard only bad things about Clear Sky. Should I skip it and go into Call of Pripyat already?
- Is there any kind of penalty (for the enemies) by fighting at night? They can line their shots up perfectly fine, but I can't see shit at night.

Also that final section of Shadow of Chernobyl (from the final mile to the sarcophagus) is utter crap. I guess that's why not many people talk about it. It's like the game becomes 20x harder all of a sudden, and fighting in close quarters with those aimbotting scrubs is really not something I wanna do again.

Also was I the only one who thought it was weird that they've put a plot-essential NPC (Barkeep) smack dab in the middle of the territory of a faction that you can piss off? By the end of the game, I had killed almost 500 Duty members in Rostok alone. Every time I came back to the city, there were carpets of bodies laying around, and a few more respawned. From what I've read around, most people pissed off Duty by mistake when they came back from Wild Territory and ended up shooting one of the members that came out of Rostok (they all wear black, so I understand why people thought they were enemies).

>- is the "ghost bullet" thing real?
yes and no.

Hopefully you were smart and played with ZRP and modified accuracy. otherwise god bless your patient heart stalker

>- I've heard only bad things about Clear Sky. Should I skip it and go into Call of Pripyat already?

Nah CS has a meh story and an even more lackluster ending.
Faction wars part of it and gunplay isnt't bad.
if you are gonna play it, which I suggest you do, you NEED to use SRP at the very least, otherwise it will be buggy as fuck.
and you probably won't even be able to do a full playthrough if you don't use srp.

>- Is there any kind of penalty (for the enemies) by fighting at night?
Their config file should have been set up to see worse at night.
luminocity_factor

That's what saves are also good for, in case you accidentally shoot someone and need to undo that fuckup.

I don't know how you fucked it up by pissing off Duty accidentally.

I wanted my first playthrough to be vanilla only. I found it enjoyable, although the Nuclear Power Plant part was really shit because everyone hit me the moment they saw me. I didn't die as much, but it reminded me of those mummies from Medal of Honor Underground (a PS1 FPS). They did the same thing: the moment they saw you, the fired their machinegun at you with perfect accuracy.

I thought there was something wrong about the bullets missing at first, because I kept firing at optimal conditions (daylight, less than 300 meters away, double crouched, still, weapon at semi-automatic), and only 1 in 4 shots hit the target. I was getting so fed up by the end that I just peppered them with single shots until they died - I didn't even both aiming for the head anymore. I looked around the net for an explanation, and saw the ghost bullet thing.

I've tested by firing at a guy who had his back turned to me, from less than 30 meters away, with an SVD, and still missed HIS CHEST. People said that it's not that the bullets don't hit the target, it's like they disappear once they leave the barrel, hence "ghost bullet".

I can understand why, I even did it once by mistake too. When you come back from Yantar or Army Warehouses, there are some bandits and mercs in the screen right before Rostok (Wild Territory). The enemies are usually shooting at the dogs. Since mercs and Duties wear black clothes, and some Duties spawn near the entrance to Rostok (with one Loner), I guess that's why people shoot them before confirming the dot on the radar.

Nah you're just shit

huh, they're always past the building where you see the merc snipers for the first time and when you establish visual contact, you already got yellow blips on your map

Playing SoC vanilla must've been hell. I remember my mission marker (the green crosshair thing) was stuck for the entirety of the game on the car park because Petruha died while fighting the Bandits. I guess the game doesn't know what to do if some quest-giving NPC dies in battle.