/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Cute Huntresses

Why is Xeno so boring

Not deadly

Long sword, dual blades or gunlance lads?

Because you touch yourself at night

switch axe

I'm never going to get a fucking ratho ruby.

>love sns
>but finish quests in almost half the time with LS
Why does she have to suck lads?

all 3 you sissy

Any EU squads around?

FLASH! A-AH!

desire sensor lad

pls respond lads, let me hear some of your shitter stories

Hammer, bitch boy.

Ordinary lance.

You've activated it

I'm not the only one who fucking hates how fuckhuge the maps are, right?

Are you not aware of attack value bloat and efficiency?

Camps make them fine

They're pretty easy to navigate, desu.

Only because it makes it impossible to find stuff like camps. I've yet to find any camps for Coral Highlands or Rotten Vale and I know I'm missing one for Wildspire. Having trouble finding the Vale cats too.

So what the fuck is the 84mb update about?

Big maps are amazing, getting lost on hunts was some comfy shit last weekend.

No, there's a decently sized casual audience this time around

Catlolis!

Vale cats are in rage doggo's nest. You got to wait for him to drag a corpse back into it and fuck off first though.

>55x Odogaron Sinew+
>48x Odogaron Claw+
>36x Odogaron Fang+
>20x Odogaron Tail
>2x Odogaron Plate

>0x Odogaron Gems

I thought the highlands and vale only had 2 camps each.

I'm at the elder hunting part of the story and I'm about to hunt kushala. Thing is, I'm still wearing low tier gear such bone armor etc because I want the skills they give me but the def they're giving definitely doesn't cut it. Should i just create a set that prioritizes armor for now and just think of skills when I'm in end game already?

I was there. Grind investigations with gold rewards.

more fashion armors please

I think they do

Yeah, I found him there once and then he fucked off. My cat said to use the scoutflies to find him but that wasn't an option, he didn't leave any traces or anything.

Investigations with gold slots and carves
Don't make the same mistake i did thinking you have better chances of getting it by capture

I've only unlocked two investigations for him so far. One with two silver (farmed that out) and one with a single gold. I've got a handful of dual hunts with him but fuck also doing the B-52 at the same time

To this day I still don't know what the fuck petting the pig does but I have been petting him every time I have to grind. Does it help? I don't think so but gotta grab straws when you are drowning right?

In Tempered Investigations that give purple rewards, are they all just streamstones or do they give monster materials as well?

How do i git gud at Lance bros? I keep missing my guard and can't guard in time after an attack.

Not in World yet

Thinking of picking this game up...Is it an overrated grind fest..Or is it actually fun and rewarding?

It's shit fuck off

its both

Posted last thread but it was too late so here it goes again
>hunting rathalos for his membrane you get by breaking his back
>going good, cut that niggers tail off and now just wailing on his spine
>suddenly rathian
>'okay I can deal with this, its fine'
>make them hit each other by angling myself, suddenly their teamup turns into a vicious divorce court proceeding
>Then I hear it
>The sounds of CCR fill the air as Bazel sticks his ugly fucking face into this awkward marital dispute
>What follows is 30 minutes of dodging fireballs and carpet bombs until I finally take down Rath while his ex wife watches
>he doesnt drop the membrane
>I stop playing for the night

Both

Whut? It automatically starts a trail. Hes in one of those little areas with all the acid, there is a mosswine wandering around nearby.

Its a grind fest but it is not overrated.

Obviously you're asking in a place that loves the game so its going to be biased, but it really is fun as fuck And this iteration is a lot less grindy than previous titles, with plenty of quality of life additions that make it more streamlined.

The worst part is that after I farmed out the last investigation I took a break to go after Zorha since his quest popped up and rolled a Zorah gem in the rewards

I've gotten a lot better at using CB (know the moveset pretty well, can aim SAED decently), but now I'm getting rekt in HR where the monsters are a lot faster and more aggressive. Going into SAEDs raw feels super risky, but if I'm not doing that then I feel like I'm barely doing anything scratching at their feet with sword attacks.

What do?

70% of the former, 30% of the latter.

Why are xeno gems and tails so fucking common? I have like 8 gems and 14 tails

Don't stick with a SAED if it is putting you at risk. Cancel into a shield charge and stick with the charged sword attacks until there's a decent opening.

Just melded the Diablos 4pc as a Decoration. It's a 2nd level slot and boosts the base raw of a non-elemental weapon by 10%. Weapon cannot have any element OR status but it does work with non-awakened weapons.

So is Guard good or not for lance/gunlance? I am not really sure if I should prioritise this skill over just pure firepower or if there's a good combination that will let me guard the more bullshit moves without tanking half my healthbar.

Any good MH doujins?

Are any of the blast element hunting horns good?

I feel like it's more useful for Gunlance than Lance because Lance at least have mobility options. Gunlance got jack so you better get that turtling skill.

Udon-ya is all you need

Does the Monster Hunter Portable 3rd DLC exist anywhere to download? Ideally not translated.

How do I play gunlance well?

Does the game literally just consist of killing a monster, crafting better items Etc. And then moving on to kill another monster...And then crafting more shit and so on?

Yes

>don't like every change
>lol casual

Pretty much yeah. What else were you expecting?

Anything not by Udon-ya.

Post Palicos

literally every game can be boiled down to something like that

Hmm I see, I personally can't see the appeal in that! but that's just me! I'll probably wait until it's in the sale and then give it a go!

>join Odogaron SOS flare
>jap triple cart

truly worst than frogs!

pretty much and it's fun!!!

Post rooms please.

Can you capture a Zorah Magdaros?

Retard.

I have been shield poking my way through every single quest but apparently you're supposed to use the △+O to △ to △ to O combo all day

>armor looks nothing like the monster carved from

You can't capture any Elder Dragon, and certainly not one that is fought in a scripted cinematic experience manner.

The fun isn't in making shit the fun is in fighting shit.

Well in the RPG genre, indeed. But I was hoping there would be more quests which weren't solely focused on killing monsters.

What armor did you use upon starting HR up to ending the storyline?

>Does the game literally just consist of shooting people, buying better items Etc. And then moving on to shoot more people...And then buying more shit and so on?
>Does the game literally just consist of running through the stage, collecting coins Etc. And then moving on to the next stage...And then collecting more coins and so on?

What a difference between an Impact Phial and a Power Element Phial for Charge Blade? I don't find a simple answer.

Seriously what the fuck is going on? Why is it always asians too?

>the armor is a monster-you-killed kigurumi

How are you planning to transport a sentient volcano?

There's gathering and scouting portions

>Dude why do you have to kill monsters in a game called monster hunter

No clue how that picture got in there...

>try to play IG
>spend 50% of the hunt trying to get my retarded bug to collect the right extracts
Nice game, monbabs.

I mean there's gathering quests? You run around picking up plants or bugs.

It's fucking called Monster Hunter, man.

EU ps4 squad lobby: 4GATZnPQsLtc

Come to hang out or grab your invite

Just got to persevere man. I was grinding Zorahs quest for hours and got fucking nothing and then suddenly I got three gems in one mission.

Impact is good, Elemental is bad

>I'm shit so it's the games fault
Fucking americans

>tfw getting smooth as fuck at farming Raths
I can feel the shitter slipping away... soon the Gud will be within my git

all you need is the bestiality tag.

>75 hours since Friday
Send help

You say it like it should be the Norm. The Witcher 3 is by no means a grind. it has a huge variety of different quests.

There are always the beloved egg transport quests... if that is your thing.

Bone into Nergigante

post a room and I'll show you how It's fucking done