What part of history would you say you're an expert of?

What part of history would you say you're an expert of?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mp_PHSAEDes
youtu.be/9lyKxKn_WsE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm literally an expert of the history of the Flintstones.

white genocides, ama

Are we currently facing a white genocide?

Late Antiquity.

I'm not exactly an expert, but I do know more about Japanese history than the average weeb.

the average person knows more about japanese history than the average weeb

I know a lot about Sweden.

Perfect! I think you'll fit quite well working here at Blacked.com

I'd feel a bit arrogant calling myself an expert, but definitely Canadian history.

I'm probably more well versed in classical antiquity than every non-doctorate holder in a 20 mile radius

Having no friends or video games gives you a lot of free time

Who's your favorite figure or conflict of figures?

>I do know more about Japanese history than the average weeb.

Does animation count?

I'm not that user but an appreciation of Japan has nothing to do with an appreciation of retarded ass cartoons

I personally hate anime but I love japan's aesthetivs

same desu

although I did like ghost in the shell and Akira.

Care to teach us something before /pol/ turns this into-- Nevermind...

AMA I guess

Could you tell me, if John Goodman has been voicing Fred since the series debut, and then eventually got to play the live action role, why does it seem like his voice hasn't changed in decades? Is it just genetic?

Where does Swedish history start?

None, it'd be stupid to call myself an expert. However this >and this
also WW2, some balkan stuff, classical antiquity and high middle ages in Europe plus trivia from any period.

Swedish, as in the modern state of Sweden, begins 1523, when Gustav Vasa reclaimed the entireity of Sweden from its would-be conquerors, the Danes.

Before that? The history of Sweden in particular begins at the end of the viking age, when the Swedes conquered the Geats, Gutes, and other germanic tribes. The geographic area of sweden has been inhabited since the glaciers retreated, though.

why are swedes so cucked

Tell me about the history of the Sami in Sweden and how they are treated today.

I wouldn't call myself an expert about any part of history, but I know more than the average person about most parts of history

Swedes hold other people to their own standard.

Swedish Sami have generally been treated pretty fucking terrible. At its worst, they were castrated and their people displaced, but right now, no institutional disfavours are present. If anything, it's the other way around, where the Swedish government bends enviromental rules in order to appease the less modern Sami, who still live on herding reindeer. The Sami are not terribly relevant to Swedish history, though.

Roman History is my strongest historical period, hardly call myself an expert though. Just know more than the layman, but miles below a professional historian.

Entirety of 20th century

what was the 20th centurys first genocide?

I fucking love reading about Medieval England not an expert in any way but i'm pretty strong on that topic.

Thank
Give me a rundown of the relationship between Sweden and Finland through the ages

Can i immigrate to sweden?

The Treaty of Versailles.

weeb

ill fuck your daughter

Mine.

Slovak radio culture in 1932-33, Norwegian prewar automotive design industry, prewar spies in Warsaw 1930-38, American art deco design

Dreadnoughts and fast battleships

Tell me about the Kongo and the IJN battleships

Nothing in particular although I could probably pull up a random fact about any given subject.

History of finance and military movements.

History of Veeky Forums and internet culture

Stalin's Soviet Union, although I still find the political structure pretty perplexing

Really makes you think.

where should I start? is there anything interesting? all I know is stuff i learned in high-school and a couple of freshman college courses

your sexual

The Russian Empire (From its origin till the civil war)

what's the most interesting political thing for Canada?

so you know nothing?

What happened in my room during the last five minutes.

I consider myself quite the expert in history regarding the future.

The great northern war. So My nation can win the next one...

Spanish history up to the Napoleonic Era, plus the Civil War. Particularly the Reconquista.

Good morning

Finland (And Estonia too for that mater) has historically been Swedish, untill the 17th century where it was lost to Russia. In fact, another word for FInland, Estonia, and parts of Russia was "Eastern Sweden," it was that connected. The Finnish language was treated somewhat like Sami language is treated right now. Relations with Finland has remained good, although right now the more nationalist leaning Swedes are nervous for the future of Fin-Swedes. as the Finnish society is slowly removing Swedish influence.

Well, I have a degree in Irish Studies.

Renaissance and modern Southern Italian

>Who's your favorite figure or conflict of figures?

Vortigern and Ambrosius Aurelianus. Sidonius Apollonaris. Majorian. Alaric and Gaiseric, and Mavia. Currently having an infatuation for Post-Roman Britain.

WW2, particularly the Eastern Front.

Mostly moldovan and a little romanian history

None, but I'm most well versed in the history of Netherlandish art, especially the Flemish Primitives and the Dutch Golden Age.

French revolution - WW2
Eastern and Western Europe.

My knowledge of the decolonization is lacking.

I know a lot about medieval Balkans/Byzantium,

I'm no expert, but i know about the early modern period.
As for antiquity, i know the basics, which is a lot more than the average normie. But i consider myself rusty. Because i haven't gone over that in a couple of years.

I don't know shit about China before the opium wars.

none

but iam a jack of all trade

I'm a bit of a jack of all trades also, but I have some notable strengths in:

Germany 1900-1945
German Reformation
The Vietnam War
Civil Rights Era (1860-1970~)
Tudor Period - Specifically Henry VIII

literally cucks to their own people

the 1600-1815 period of european history
I'm also doing an extensive research on the Irish Troubles

cold war

The entire TES lore.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mp_PHSAEDes

pre-cannon warfare.

japanese imperialism

"Not an expert, but reasonably knowledgeable about, enough that I'd feel comfortable talking about it in a conference or something"-tier:

-French History in general, in particular the Révolution, and the Third Republic.
-Roman History in general, let's say to up to the Crisis of the Third Century.
-WW1

"Decent grasp, studied it at uni, though I'm still very much an amateur."-tier:

-Western European History in general
-Church History in general

"Personal interests"-tier:
-Central Asian History
-Early contacts between cultures
-History of colonisation
-Byzantine History
-History of warfare in general

"Got a master in East Asian History and focused on this in particular"-tier:

-Japanese History, in particular the Bakumatsu and the Meiji Era.

I could talk to you about the Old English if you'd like.

The ancient Maya and more general knowledge on Mesoamerica.

This. Also I know more about the Orthodox Church than most people in the Western World.
Ask me a random fact.

Uh... shit, if you anons are still around
Start with something interesting like the political intrigue surrounding Confederation, New France, the World Wars, or among my personal favourite, the explorations of the Arctic and Northwest Passage.

There's loads of interesting stuff if you look for it, and don't let the boring ass education you get in highschool and college turn you off. The Yukon Gold Rush, the life of Louis Riel, the batshit crazy Fenian Raids, the October Crisis, the shame of the Somaia Affair and Residential Schools, the Rebellions of 1837,Tom Longboat, Tommy Prince... tons of cool stuff.

A good book I'm reading at the moment is Northern Armageddon by D. Peter MacLeod, which despite it's overly dramatic title is a really good look at the Battle of the Plains of Abraham and the context of the North American theatre of the Seven Years' War , especially since it follows the perspective of different people involved on all sides of the conflict.

Personally I'd say the actual founding of the country, with John A. MacDonald's drunken antics and rivalry with George Brown taking centre stage followed soon after by Northwest Rebellion and tension with French Canadians.

ferme la bouchard

Bronce weapons and warfare systems in Pre-Roman Iberian peninsula, also warfare systems in Rome. And also a bit of general understanding of ancient Egypt and early Rome.

But this stuff is relative, there are a lot of people that know much more than me in those topics.

I have read every byzantine book and collected every byzantine meme I could get my hands on

>What part of history would you say you're an expert of?
By Veeky Forums standards, roman republic history and late european middle ages.
By real world standards, I'd like to think I can consider myself something of an expert of late republic history.

How do i get into learning Latin Veeky Forums? I want to do Latin at university and I want a bit of a head start before I go either next year or the year after.

Spanish political evolution

Roman republic through to late antiquity
Japanese Sengoku Jidai

also military evolution

Swedish history from 1618 to the start of the Napoleonic wars.

Memes circa 201X

none, the more i learned the more i recognized that i am stupid fuck, i should have never graduated in history. i learned so many things that shattered my perception of reality, but iam unable to build a new perception, like a good historian should.

also now, i am very scared of death and pity everybody who lives/lived a shitty live.

survival of the fittest in a mean paradise

Not an expert, but I know about Hmong history cause I'm Hmong.

Probably pre-history, shit like human evolution, the neolithic etc.. (Although, not sure if that counts as history).
I'm also fairly well versed in the history of the pacific islanders, and the Inca.

i remember people always felt the need to put that in their username in runescape and let everyone know they were an authentic chink. i found it annoying

In every era? LMAO

I wouldn't call myself an expert on any history, but I guess I do know more than the average person about the world wars, mongols, china, and japan, but the average people know is really low.
Most of what I know isn't particularly useful unless a random guy wants to talk to me about historical wars or argue with me about factors in WW2.

>What part of history would you say you're an expert of?

the more research I do, the less and less I think I'm an expert.

Terrifyingly, there are more than a few people out there who dont call me an expert. They call me "the world authority on..."

What scares me is someday, I'm half sure they'll finally decide I'm wrong.

Prehistoric American archaeology and comparative linguistics. Neither of which are history, but you can't be a complete historical illiterate and try to do archaeology.

As far as history proper, there's really no area I feel qualified to talk about, but I don't let that stop me.

If we're going off of that one smbc comic I basically set up base camp on Mt. Stupid in regards to early 20th century America, art history, and Zhukov memes

#14andagenius #humblebrag # 2smart4history

Well nobody here is an expert because I am certain nobody here has a PhD.
That being said I am highly knowledgeable in classical antiquity tapering off at the death of Caracalla, my knowledge of late antiquity is centred on migratory and economic trends, coupled with the obvious major players.

I would consider myself quote knowledgable on the Renaissance, Crusades, Reformation, and European history from the War of Spanish Succession on. My grasp on colonial, post colonial, civil war, and 20th century United States history, with cocentrations in military and diplomatic history/historiography.

I wrote my undergrad capstone paper on economics and populism in the rise of the NSDAP prior to my declared concentration in Classical Antiquity for grad school.

I spend most of my research studying economic, military, migrant, and especially social trends of Rome. Specifically from the mid and late republic. I read a lot of Catullus, Caesar, and Livy. Although my Latin isn't anything above shit tier. I'd like to eventually work my way up to Cicero and Cato the Elder.

>Well nobody here is an expert because I am certain nobody here has a PhD.
Pretty weird thing to be certain of. Getting a PhD is certainly an accomplishment but they're not THAT rare. This is a moderate-sized board, but it's a big website.

Certainly there's plenty of humanities grad students here, I'm sure, even if they're kinda drowned out by shitposting teenagers.

Russian artillery, particularly in the 20th century. I mean, I know other stuff, but that's the only one I would have the balls to say "yup, expert." And yes, I tried to join the artillery of my country but we found a disqualifying disorder.

American Civil War/Victoria Era

Pre-history is something I've found interesting but not known where to start.

youtu.be/9lyKxKn_WsE

Veeky Forums history!