Why is the 40 hour work week still a thing? Don't tell me you actually enjoy working 40 hours a week, because you don't

Why is the 40 hour work week still a thing? Don't tell me you actually enjoy working 40 hours a week, because you don't

Other urls found in this thread:

barnesandnoble.com/mobile/p/4-hour-workweek-expanded-and-updated-timothy-ferriss/1100290322/2675368495003?st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_Marketplace Shopping Media_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP67945
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wish the kike who ran my store let me work 40 hours a week

this

This is a crazy thing that never gets talked about. People say "work hard, you'll make it" but that's a total lie. A friend of mine made 100k in one year installing air conditioners then his boss fired him cuz he didn't want to write out more large checks

He now makes 30k as a high school football coach

Six-man football in Texas

"Work hard" does not mean "break more rocks" it means you need to find something that you can do in order to make money and constantly push forward until you are where you want to be.
Not everyone can be a millionaire, but everyone with an average intelligence and mostly functional set of body parts can improve their situation if the apply themselves.

most legit real jobs need to be 40 hours a week for the world to function though

don't give me some bs about white collar office workers doing 10 hours of work a week and the rest browsing facebook and then extrapolating to other jobs

I will, because they work 40 hours, when there is no need to.

Unless you're a proletariat. Then you're stuck forever, pretty much.

barnesandnoble.com/mobile/p/4-hour-workweek-expanded-and-updated-timothy-ferriss/1100290322/2675368495003?st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_Marketplace Shopping Media_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP67945

That link is a lot longer than I thought it would be.

>most legit real jobs need to be 40 hours a week for the world to function though

for capitalist profit schemes to function*

we are producing more than we need to sustain ourselves

actually I work 45 hours so I can have the whole weekend

how about you link a free pdf, I am not spending money on that shit

>I spend 2 out of 7 days doing things that make me happy in my life

that's a fundamentally wrong way of living if you ask me

Maybe the hours will decrease when automated robots start taking over jobs and are able to outperform humans (already happening). It's all up to companies who set the rules.

The average used to 70+ hours a week.

should I live off my parents then?

I don't know where you live, but both your parents and you working around 30 hours a week should be sustainable

>the le "quit your job and start a business in the most saturated market imaginable and then let pajeet do the work" book

>It's all up to companies who set the rules.
Wrong. It's up to the market to decide.

To decide what exactly? The workweek is something literally decided by the government, but I guess they make that decision based on the market

There's a free audio version on YouTube.

It's the fault of capitalism. Be thankful for the trade union movement that it's not a 60 hour week.

>unions

Oh gee, thanks union for having a value of zero while leeching off of others. Thanks a lot!