/mhg/ Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP (embed)

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

previous

>/mhg/
Thank god, OP isn't a faggot this time

OP is ALWAYS a faggot you fool.

Palico Odog helmet looks so much better than the human version.

Any way to avoid Vaal's blight that halves HP?

Female odo beta hat is 10/10 man

I can't wait for Akantor to be added to World!!!

make his armor, just the pants are enough to prevent it mostly , you might get it twice in a fight if you get hit a lot

Do we already have a tryhard generalist armor set for endgame?

Are they going to add G rank? What else is there to do endgame once you farmed all HR monsters? Fucking trophy hunting?

Db are fun

that's agnaktor you silly

Does paralysis charm give a non paralysis wep a chance to proc paralysis?

I'm using odo dual blades, the ones that hit 4 times for every attack, so that should be an extremely high likely hood of proccing but I've only seen it once and I'm not confident it wasn't my Girros tailrider

In previous games it had no effect. But I don't know, because I felt like my GS gained some KO damage from Slugger one time. Because I was doing charge attacks (without the tackle) and I stunned a monster.

>start using HBG
>shoot slicing ammo at tails and actually see them pop off

I...I feel like I'm actually helping!

No it's swagnaktor, fool.

They really didn't need to hyper buff the damage on those shots for cuts. They should keep track of cuts the same way they keep track of stun/poison/etc. Just a separate stat.

are Normal shots and Pierce fucking useless now? or it's just meta fag who use Slicing shots? i did see Pellet's (Spread) is definitely buffed.

Best way to play XX if I don't own a 3DS or a Switch?

are the Bazelgeuse Dual Blades good?

>diablos

After all these games i still fucking hate fighting this guy.
I know all about scream bombs but that's the only way to make this mess of a chase bearable.

Yeah, but what about
>annoy a Rathian/ion enough
>starts charging over and over and over and over and over and over

he's so tedious, not even hard. he's spends now too much time running and digging.

What gives High Commendations?

Where the fuck can i claim the 5 million celeb item pack? it's not showing on the housekeeper to claim.

>there already was a thread an OP has no idea how to check the catalog
>(embed)

OP kinda was a faggot though

Anyone want to play XX?
Wao!

Do you think a Diablos is just a rathian that never stopped charging?

>Charges
>Stops
>Slides across half the map with the momentum
It's fucking ridiculous, a single charge can take one from out of bow range, into bow range and back out again

Half a melee fight is chasing after his ass

>that Kinsect Glaive bar with the beetle and diamonds with numbers on them

I have no idea what's going on but my swarms are doing 120 explosion damage every minute or so and sometimes my glaive glows red and attacks better

>ywn be handler to a qt3.14 huntress
>ywn help her bathe her sweaty and toned body after a day of hunting the wastes in the baking sun

Diablos always gives me a rough time due to his high health and tedious patterns. Azure and pink are easier than a normal diablos mostly due to my impatience

Speaking of which, to all unfortunate enough to fall for the XBONE meme;
>4kkBNKkeidwm

>its a limping nergigante gets mad and triple cart the squad episode

There's also a fresh /mhg/ squad for the xboners

Why do plot missions in World restrict you to solo until you find the target and then unlock the ability to maybe get support if the game feels like putting your SOS Flare onto the mission board

I say that but I know that nobody actually joins low-rank hunts from the lobby because they're all trying to do their own shit most of the time, and popping an SOS is the only way to get attention

Really? I join low ranks pretty often just for the fun of it. I'm not even sure if LR is actually hard for new players but I do help just in case

Imagine her just sitting on your face

Do you think a good dicking is enough to get her to full hp/stamina?

Is there a way to get good DPS out of the lance? I've really enjoyed using it but coming from the GS I feel like I'm doing shit damage.

Is it just me or for some reason the range on the Nergigante bow is incredibly short..? Is there a reason?

2 questions

1.Is it just me, or are roars in MHW a lot more annoying than in other games?
I mean in shit fights like the 2 bazelgeus I wanna throw my controller against the wall cause holy shit that nigger is roaring every 2 seconds.

2.What's the best way to get ear plugs?
Seems like it's rather hard to get it, I think I don't have a charm or decorations for that available yet.

Yo, I play a lotta DB, always have since back in MH2, and I've just kinda stuck with 'em for the past years or so. Waitin' for my boy to show up so I can pal around with him on a home console for once.

But, a lot of my friends are also, or becoming DB players too, and I'd rather not make a tripping hazard if I don't have to.
What other weapon would you recommend to a DB player as a backup? Hard mode; I don't want anything too samey, so don't go recommending SnS or Glaive. I already know those.

Do I just spam triangle for dual blades with the occasional circle and triangle + circle for when the monster is immobilized?

Is that really all?

Just "finished" MHW.Felt kinda bad for killing Xeno'jiiva;it was just a newborn ;-;

So uhh am I supposed to do anything when the monster starts running? Or do I just chase like a retard until it decides to stop?
It feels like I should have that grappling hook he uses on the flying ones to travel or a paralyzing arrow or something?
I'm using Insect Glaive.

Nullberries help

>have more trouble with xeno than any other monster in the game
What the fuck, you guys said he was easy

so I'm starting the game and I just got the bone gunlance. When I use it in battle though I notice there's an icon under the sharpness meter that depletes and is it gets low i can't use the shell special move. How do I repair it or fill it up

Guard and press A to reload, that counts how much ammo is loaded
You should really look up how the weapon works, there's a lot of moves to it

Okay guys I'm gonna become a chad for once in my life and try the HBG, never been a gunner really.

What MUST I know about it? How do I destroy monsters with this, any type of shot I need to have always?

the only time i can go longer than 2-3 days without fapping is when a new game comes out

anyone else?

how do i get wyvern gem

Is there any way to know which Special Arena missions I've completed after they've disappeared?

What are the best bow skills?

>LBG has faster solo kill times than HBG in world

Kill wyverns

>fight diablos 5 times in a row
>go in for the 6th to finish the helmet
>die like a scrub to the basic charge+tail whip combo 3 times
Well that was my first mission failed. Guess I should take a break while farming.

Do not lewd Kushala.

Does Teo drop a gem? The hunter's notes doesn't say he does but I have no clue what this could be, or the other mat

I want to but there's no in depth tutorials

How much importance should I put on getting a Monster's weakness? I'm running LBG/Duel Blades.

If you put down all 3 of those mines and then shoot the fuck out of them like mad it does stupid damage

Why not?

Yes.
It’ll show up in your notes when you either get your research level high enough or you actually get one.

Teo gem and dragon core ore

you need higher research level to see rare drops in the notes

>you can get a pretty good para element impact phial charge blade fairly early
Why are people telling me to use dear lutemis, the girros CB is objectively superior

Guys is there high rank death stench armor?

I made the full LR set but its useless now.

Did today say Xbox update totally fuck anyone else’s frame rate? Mine has gone to total shit

>gs you can craft from the mats of the VERY LAST FINAL BOSS of the game is just a dark steel gs with skin on it, and the dark steel is just the starter gs but darker
Damn...

where does dragon core ore come from?

Is there a sleep CB this time?
The shrouded nerscylla one for sleep -> SAED -> KO was super fun.

Because it's pure.

Hello I'm a retard who played MHW for 30 hours before realizing I can go through my item bar and my ammo with the dpad WITHOUT holding L1

>still no Anjanath gem
at this point i might as well forget that armor. I feel like i hunted that monster to near extinction

Can you not capture jyruatados? This is the third time where he's about to die, get him in a trap, throw a tranq, and he immediately gets out.

How can it be pure if it has that constant aura of farts pushing you away?

>that inflated zamtrios behind them

is it even out yet?

> Finally get a tempered monster hunt
> Tempered Pukei Pukei
> Literally nothing different
Just bring back the frenzy, already.

Legiana is a cute female wyvern

Any bowgun users here? Which do you prefer, HBG or LBG?

So, for CB, does it affect the number of phials you use to charge the shield and sword? or is the same to charge with 3/5?

red doggo is the same shit, lemme just cross the map in a single bound

stupid red fuck

You can tranq him a few times first and then trap after.

Anyone... Anyone...

Pls respond

The HR great jagras CB apparently has it but only 120 sleep

Veeky Forums squad when?

Google it, duh

read his question again

I'm still finishing generations! Are the differences between world n generations cosmetic. I would assume world has less content because its a new graphics engine, no transfer of chars etc o/

Anyone done the math to know if Felyne Sharpshooter stacks with Normal Up skill?

I did the second quest to make the farm bigger but nothing's happened.
I even went out and did a quest to see if that would make it work.

i used to masturbate around 5-6 times a day but i dont have time now since i work