ace-infinity.bngames.net/

>
infbuild.sorairo.pictures/#011n010001010000000000000001

>
youtu.be/y0Kyw7xXFvg

>
asm.aceinf.glasscore.net/

>
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eP07-JbjTjXkD5nQlNkC0I8WidP_AXD1K4S9jESx-Jk/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzVW9315ur0
youtube.com/watch?v=wj97iN-6KEA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nLwT2b31Wiw
youtube.com/watch?v=c3dSOYRsLQg
youtube.com/watch?v=WEpiZ3RfPVA
youtube.com/watch?v=8CgtRvaQ6_8&t=11s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for the best Game of the series.

Eternal best livery

A mother and her child

So I think I made mention of this but I have a friend who's making his way through the series. He started with 4 (beat it, loved it); went on to play 5 (Found the gimmicks cumbersome and gave up halfway through) and Zero (beat it on Merc, working on 100%ing it) and just ordered 6 to play later. He's also expressed interest in 3.

My concern, however, is whether 3 would be at all jarring to play by comparison, given how the the series has been codified in post-04 gameplay. Is it hard to go from the PS2 and onwards games back to the PSX-era ones?

I never found the controls that weird for 3 when I was emulating it, you just need to bind them in a way that makes sense.
No idea about how it controls using a controller though.

The controls themselves aren't a concern really, but something that should be kept in mind is the physics are much, much different in 3 than in other games. The physics imparted on your plane during hard turns is much more pronounced, turns take longer, missiles are more difficult to dodge, that sort of thing. The gameplay is significantly slower, but not in the glacial sense of JA. More like the difference between tempos in music.

Good thread edition

The biggest difference I remember is that if you try and do braking turns like you would normally you stall at much higher speeds that you'd expect.
You just stall a lot more all the time.

Yeah, that's another thing, you'll stall right out at absurdly high speeds, like 400-500mph. Finger on R1 almost constantly is one of the orders of the day.

The new DCS World update looks pretty cool.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzVW9315ur0

The F-5 lineage is pretty cool imo. F-5A/B were kinda crap without radar, but the F-5E was like the FAL of military aviation. Then you get the Hornet, and the Super Hornet derived from that, and the X-29 and F-20 as project derivatives too.

Goodnight, /aceg/.
Be sure to always catch the 3-wire.

>forgot link
Definitely time for sleep.
youtube.com/watch?v=wj97iN-6KEA

Whats this i hear about the raptor factories warming up again?

First I've heard of that.

Morning, buddies! What are you planning to do today?
Also, does anyone have the pic of that scared pilot?

Post underrated tracks.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nLwT2b31Wiw

>light snow/frost film over the fields
>scattered clouds
>morning haze
Is there anything more comfy?

Source?

Sometimes you have good taste.

Eureka 7.
Not very /aceg/ outside of the giant flying air vehicles and missile spam.

Good morning!
I’m probably gonna finish off my latest job and then try do some writing.
Maybe continue my Merc Berkut play through of Zero.

How bout you buddy?

If anything it looks cool

Yeah, the soundtrack is great too and its got some really impressive animation. Another Shoji Kawamori project too, so there's a forward swept wing design as usual.
youtube.com/watch?v=c3dSOYRsLQg
youtube.com/watch?v=WEpiZ3RfPVA

I'll check the music in a bit but that looks like a FSW Varcolac

is osea burning yet?

I finally managed to find a decent reference for the birb's wings, so I might be able to work on it!
Have a WIP of its hat in the meantime.

Needs a little metal pin badge of whatever nation's Air force logo

What said.

So so on that music. Doesn't do a whole lot for me.

Well, the whole show has a very surf rock/hiphop vibe going on with the music, although it does have more conventional orchestral stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=8CgtRvaQ6_8&t=11s
I recommend it because its a pretty unique mecha show. Also they blow their budget on really pretty missile sequences.

That's an excellent idea!
I need an /aceg/ pin, though. I don't think I would be able to make a good one.

>cloud surfing
Nice

/aceg/ with wings next to it like the standard, read best, plane related pins?

Im kinda bored, i'll give it a go.

>Another British Aircraft that never took off
The feels

Here's a first shot at it.

>we nearly had a literal x-wing
Motherfuck why

Good morning /aceg/

>Americans
There's a 3/5 chance it's due to them.

...probably true.
Gotta try make sure your allies are dependant on you

That's neat. Can you try the effect with the logo from a while ago?

The British government apparently has no idea about what it is doing with planes for some reason.
As another example, pre-WW2 they cut all funding for Schneider racecraft and by extension all funding to the plane that would go on to help design the Spitfire and the RRR engine that provided valuable data for the Merlin's development. This was right as the UK was about to take the trophy home for good too.

Luckly a wealthy woman stepped in and gave Supermarine and Rolls Royce the money they needed.

But also this for the post war era.

>Emulating Star fox Zero
>Star wolf appears
>Fly past Star wolf
>Game slows down and gives a fly by view
>"COME ON!"

Explain yourselves Nintendo.

I drew a f22

Sure, i'll give it a go.
I knew there was one like this, I just couldnt find it on my computer - hence the new-but-similar design.

Time to save this one int he right damn place this time

Nintendo confirmed buddies.

>emulating SF Zero
How did you deal with the gyro gimmicks? Accuracy is low as fuck from what I remember and walker mode doesn't even let you aim.

The detail and shading is pretty good, but the proportions and perspective are off. The nose looks down.

Someone mentioned it earlier. Also Corneria has Liberation of Gracemeria parts in it.
Does it emulate well?

Using a CEMU community made mod/plugin that makes the game control in a not stupid way using the sticks.

yeah I was thinking about that, I haven't drawn anything for a VERY long time, and at that I don't have much experience even doing it

Emulates ok, frame drops, but most of the time its completely playable.

Damn, got a link? I even bore with Adventure's horrible first person aiming controls (those fucking sections where you had to fire at switches with a timer), so I'd like to try to finish the series.
Reminds me of the "missiles in third person" cheat that Other M had.

Sorry, dont have it with me right now. Posting from my phone at work.

I still don't get why the fuck they "innovated" those controls.

That might make it almost fun to play

Doesn't Adventure just use NGC Zelda controls?

Did you try to draw from reference?

ya

I played TP on the Wii, never touched the N64 ports and I haven't played WW yet. I'm considering playing the Wii U instead of the GC one unless there are some reasons not to.

No clue about reasons but TP and WW work pretty well on Dolphin, and WW has a hack to remove the blur. The only other thing is textures and some streamlining on the HD port like that fast sail or easier treasure chests.
TP has the blur tho, but it looks pretty great other than that. I really like the designs. Death Mountain looks stupid and great. I was replaying that a bit last weekend.

General advice would be to first make a really rough sketch so you can see how it all fits on the paper. And maybe the old lines and grids I keep mentioning for advice.

>reasons
Same reason that Cemu is the Zelda Emulator. The series has a huge and autistic following.

>the Zelda Emulator
I'm too stupid to find BotW so I just got TP and WW for nostalgia instead

But what I meant is the only difference between the two versions are some quality of life things from what I remember. So yeah if you can do the WiiU one you might as well

Really nice. Good work, buddy!
I'll try to make something more traditional.
Hopefully, it will be good.

Aight I did two versions, pretty much for just whichever you want on your little cap.

>original script

And a non-handwritten script one.

Really nice. Good work. Do you also have one with the text that is just my original one? I never got around to make it not handwritten.

No, but I can go in and turn off the other layers, one mo.

Here ya go.
Also fixed that tiny little sliver at the bottom of the original where the green didnt fill completely.

Thanks buddy.

It's a real goddamn swish design man, I love it to bits.

Originally I think I wanted a crest but at the time I didn't have too much time or maybe no patience so now it's a circle.
Although at this stage we could probably fill the whole circle with planefu shapes instead of the few standins.

>Although at this stage we could probably fill the whole circle with planefu shapes instead of the few standins.
Bloody hell this

I can give it a go, based on the collage. But you will have to be patient because I won't get to it this weekend or next week since I'm away. Maybe next weekend

So, Wraith Squadron with a number of different planes?

And then if you really care, you change it around so your own planefu is the big one on each individual buddy's patch.

Something like that

>planefu rotates
Speaking of that I had an idea with a shield like this. The plane could vary for the different Anons.

But I never know where to place the text on these and they always end up very cluttered.

Yeah, they definitely can be.
That said, your design there looks pretty good to me.

Or full Rot

The simple one is nice, but it's hard to say no to full blown fancy.

an attempt was made

Brilliant, buddy.
What about taking and filling the outer circle with planes, too?

Maybe smaller ones in white over the green fields, then the personal plane in green on the white?

Pretty cool. What about trying to fit 404th on the left like that and /aceg/ on the right?

Exactly. Spot on.

Good call, saves a lot of space/unnecessary detail.
I just liked the assymmetry and got caught up in it.

Ill play with that, and the smaller-white-planes thing now.

Can I get a quick list of the things in the squadron montage so far? I cant even remeber half of them rn

I have to admit that it looks like I didn't save the last version of the collage on my phone.

Anyway off the top of my head
>Flanker (27, 33 and whatever Tom waifus)
>F15 (C and S/MTD)
>F8
>Jaguar
>XFA27
>F117
>Typhoon
>Phantom
>nondescript WW2 prop
>Tomcat
>Dark Shark
>Peacemaker
>Gripen
>A10
>Mirage 2000
>Mirage IIIS
>Harrier
>Black Widow (Prop)
>Berkut
>VF1
>EE Lightning
>X29
>F16
>Piaggio

Brilliant, thanks.
I'll just do a little smattering of a couple right now to test the general look of it, then i can do the rest over the next while.

I'll probably still give the round one a go when I get to it. I like that idea with Wraith Squad.

Well, threadly reminder to draw for the collage! Draw your planefu, put some effort into it, and we'll add it right in!
Absolutely ZERO skill required. The only rules are:
>it must be black and white
>it must fly from left to right
>you MUST have fun while drawing. It's the most important part!
Feel free to ask the buddies if you need advice.
There it is.
>1 Su-30SM
>2 Su-33
>1 Su-37
>1 ADFX-01 Morgan
>1 X-02 Wyvern
>1 F-15C Cipher
>1 F-15C air superiority grey
>1 F-15 S/MTD
>1 F-8
>1 SEPECAT Jaguar
>1 XFA-27
>1 XFA-36 Game
>1 F-117 or so they say
>1 Typhoon
>2 Phantom
>1 nondescript WW2 prop
>1 Super Tomcat
>1 XFR-2 Dark Shark
>1 Peacemaker AWACS
>1 Gripen
>2 A-10 (a buddy traded his Flanker for this)
>1 Mirage 2000
>1 Mirage IIIS
>1 Harrier
>1 P-61 Black Widow (Prop)
>1 Berkut
>1 VF-1
>1 EE Lightning
>1 X-29
>1 F-16C
>1 Piaggio P.7
>1 Berkut-like beauty (above the 27)
I hope I didn't miss anything.

>and whatever Tom waifus
IT'S THE Su-30SM
I REMEMBER YOUR PLANEFU, I'D APPRECIATE THE SAME COURTESY

Here's the first test with only a small set of planes on.

I basically erring towards halfish of the squad flying bottom left to top right in this field, then the other half doing the reverse in top right field - OR making all of them fit like a fucking fleet in this field.
I'll pretty much just have to see how it looks when its done.

Might have to make the AWACs double scale and have it fly behind the others though

Oh yeah, and obviously [your planefu goes here] where the Morgan is, I just used that becuase I didnt want to play favourites and everyone loves the Morgan.

Glorious.
What if we put something that absolutely and universally defines /aceg/ instead of the Morgan, though?
We also need to think up a motto. What about "Nothing else comes close."?

'Nothing Else Comes Close' is already Project Aces' motto, isn't it?

Good morning, /aceg/. We had some lovely snow last night.

I'm still a little surprised that there's no Hornet of some kind on that list. But not THAT surprised. Don't we have someone here who loves the F-16XL, too?

I wonder what latin for '[shitposting intensifies]'would be

Yes, but I don't have anything else in mind.

If we're talking latin, what about a variation of 'To the stars, despite adversity'?

>ad frontem charta, non obstante angustia
"To the front page, despite adversity'

>six billion references downloaded
Right, time to get outlining.

Shouldnt take TOO long, hopefully,

Have fun, buddy!

Because it bears repeating:
>Mori non patitur

Much better than I could do.

legancy hornets are cuter than supers ...

The proportions are a bit off and it looks somewhat bent, but the detail is excellent! Keep working on it, buddy, and you'll do wonders.
Have you drawn for the collage?

>There's a bomber monster in the new MH
Strange collab for Project Aces

What? Do you have any pics?