/simg/ Simulation Games General:

Flight Manual edition

Previous thread: >DCS: Do not buy M-2000C/NTTR and modules released AFTER those from steam(released after 12th May 2017), because you can't use them in stand-alone.TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l8t2itS4vkOHAxa0tKdzI2aEk/view
Your pain setting up controls is over
i.imgur.com/R5bNpo7.png
i.imgur.com/l68Wzlm.png
i.imgur.com/ylhQnWD.png

>Falcon 4, BMS, SF2, real-life flight manuals and field manuals.
mega.nz/#F!r11BxCRC!nC2Rttjjx8WLqvPF-6SYKw
>US Army Manual Index
pastebin.com/m98ZrWpP

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Strike Fighters 2 For Dummies
pastebin.com/M5JQ2S7A

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Combat Mission
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=77G8NZv4kY8
forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?s=d4b227088177a24278ce3eea81ae7494&p=3375496&postcount=678
discord.gg/6YS2ShG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for da boiz

2nd for remembering all of da boiz who didn't make it to the end

Press f to pay respects

Is anyone from this still around these days?

You bet

good riddance, the su-27 on the right either fucked that up on purpose or is actually retarded

thats what everyone thought at the time but whoever created the server had birdstrikes on and he got one in his left engine

Posting OG /simg/ memes

the oldest, from the very first op

Was there a minimum order size or something?

yes

I remember this being the 1st grach ops
long ass flight over the mountains to fuck up some convoys and bunkers

.- -. -.-- --- -. ./-.- -. --- .--/-- --- .-. ... ./-.-. --- -.. .

-. --/- .-. -.-- .. -. --./- ---/--. .. -/--. ..- -..

- .- -.-. .- -./.- -. -../.-- ---- .- - -. --- -

-.. --- -. - / -... . / .- / ..-. .- --. --. --- -

-.-. .... .- .-. - ... / .. -. -.-. .-.. ..- -.. . / -- --- .-. ... . / .-.. . - - . .-. ... / ..-. --- .-. / -. .- ...- .- .. -.. ... / -... ..- - / .. / .- .-.. .-- .- -.-- ... / .-- .- -. - . -.. / - --- / -.- -. --- .-- / .. - / - --- --- .-.-.- / .. / ..- ... . / .--- ..- ... - .-.. . .- .-. -. -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. .

-. ---/..-

New DCS guy here, do you doods ever play together?

old dead memes

We need new memes

indeed
the longer we cling to the past, the longer we're ded

I jumped.

H-H-HE'S FAST

>that ejection straight into the ground

Has anyone ever completed the su25t georgian oil war campaign?

*teleports behind you*

youtube.com/watch?v=77G8NZv4kY8
>ywn slip your refueling probe into the B2's refueling receptacle

I've never gotten past the first 2 missions. I especially get BTFO when the first mission is the RECON over enemy headquarters
>the ground is full of SAMs and the sky is full of enemy CAP

Yea i havent tried it in years, I remember it being VERY hard.
>mission to kill arty behind enemy lines
>aaa and sams out the ass
>manpads hidden behind buildings
>hills/mountains blocking the eastern approach
>6-8k ft cloud cover
>no choice but to come in over all the AA
thinking about giving it another go with 2.5

Also holy shit @ the ai f18 sounds, are these the sounds for the hornet module?

Yep. You had to be an absolute pro with the Shkval and Vikhrs otherwise you would run over the target by the time you found it.. meanwhile the enemy was throwing everything it could at you, while scud running below a cloud deck next to gigantic mountains patrolled by MiGs

>2.5 will revive /simg/

digital combat simulator more like ded combat simulator lol

Pretty

fuck niggers, what are you doing?

nothing

>simg is now a military wallpaper thread

I'm ok with this

Page 10 is worst page

>Probably idk how long it is
>being this ignorant
Maybe you should RTFM :^)

The sad thing is: We don't.
We used to, once upon a time. Now we just sit in this thread and bitch at people who don't play the game the same way that we do.

2,5 has been a massive farce so far. If I didn't pay anything, I would want my money back.

Friendly reminder that I do this fairly often. That's why airports give you the QFE if you tell them that you're inbound.

forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?s=d4b227088177a24278ce3eea81ae7494&p=3375496&postcount=678
Okay, no, seriously. How the fuck do they keep doing this?

THEY DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THE SDK, THEY'RE USING LUA SCRIPTS AND GOT FLOOD LIGHTS WORKING. THIS IS A MORE FINISHED MODULE THAN THE HAWK RIGHT NOW

>2,5 has been a massive farce so far.
It looks worlds better than 1.5 which was literally the entire point. What were you expecting? How exactly is it a farce?

For one Wags has told us in the past that it would release alongside the Hornet. The game might have some life to it if it had, but since it hasn't; it's just become prowling grounds for the people who play planequake thus far.
Two, it's barely had any of the engine upgrades that were promised. Trees are pretty, and the terrain doesn't look like it's from a PS2 game, sure. At the same time, explosion physics are still terrible, Runway lighting has never been fixed despite showing in trailers that it had upgraded lighting, netcode is still a mess, dedicated servers are still absent, and many of the quality of life improvements still haven't been implemented yet despite being promised with 2.5. All this really seems to be is putting the new Caucasus map in the 2.2 engine.
Should have waited until the Hornet released, so at the very least lots of people would be talking about it and exploring the new map. Maybe open beta for the Caucasus should have started on 2.2 and migrated over to 2.5 when the Hornet released or they had some major bugfixes to push.

its not 2.5 its 2.5 Early Access :^)

>All this really seems to be is putting the new Caucasus map in the 2.2 engine.

That's literally all it was. 2.5 was simply a merge of the two branches which involved Caucasus being ported over to the new terrain system.

rip

>trees are pretty
Half of them look like cardboard cutouts. Mozdok's area is butt fucking ugly.

>not understanding how a period works in sentence structure
well...I mean.... if reading really is that much of a challenge for you.

The point is that you don't have to read every word of the manual to find value in it, but whatever you want to know about a module is very likely in the manual if the dev's didn't release a half-assed copy in the early access.
It's also a good reference if you put the module down for a long period of time, or if you want to learn a system or weapon better.

Here, let me break it down for you better.

This what you suggested
>the A-10C manual is 2000 pages long
to which I responded
>Dude, it's only 671 pages long.

That was one part of the reply. Here's where I really reply to what you were really asking.
>Have you read every page of the manual?
To which the entire response is
>Probably.. IDK.. I've been referencing it for like 3 years since I've owned the module....so probably??

Maybe that wasn't as clear as it is in my head???

is it possible to play sims with mouse and keyboard?

yes

It's possible but don't plan on it being any where near enjoyable

>tfw get into Chess and realize just how closely Soviet battle doctrine and operational tactics resemble the game

Possible? Yes. Enjoyable, fun, rewarding, interesting? No.

>get into checkers
>realise how closely it resembles german grand strategy in ww1
Mind blown.

why

It's not like War Thunder when you have a dot that the autopilot follows, but rather your mouse will be working as a crude replacement for a joystick, with all the implications that come with it.

>The point is that you don't have to read every word of the manual to find value in it
Oh so you haven't RTFM
I guess that proves that you're full of shit and talking out of your ass. Thanks for playing.
BTFO.

It's clear that you don't practice what you preach. You went on and on last thread like a sperg about RTM, but apparently you're not even sure if you've done it yourself.
I would say I expected more out of simg but that would be a lie

>The point is that you don't have to read every word of the manual to find value in it
I'm sure there's plenty of value to be found in it for wiping your ass.

Because planes are controlled with a stick and a throttle, not a mouse and a keyboard.

Squad v10 is on the Beta Branch.

is the t16000m the best price/performance stick out there?

I don't know if it's the best but I certainly am quite satisfied with it.

Yes, but make sure to buy the throttle with it.

>being this mad over a PDF document
It's a good resource, you should look at it sometime.

Would anyone be interested in testing the tales of da boiz campaign missions and older ops on 2.5 to assist in debugging?

I have, clearly you haven't though.

It's up there. Sub 200 dollars, I wouldn't recommend it over anything else
BE SURE YOU PAIR IT WITH THE TWCS THROTTLE IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE, BUY THE BUNDLE, IT'S WORTH IT!

thank you anons

Sure, but you have to remember, the Mig-21 doesn't behave the same way as it once did. It's missiles are worse, its FM is worse, and subsonic performance was nerfed into the dirt.

Other available flyable aircraft are SU-27 and Mig-29A (need to change to S).

I'll get right on that. What time zone are you in user? Usually our scheduled ops happened at 2200 or 2300 UTC

ah I love this plane
I wish the graphics didn't look like ass, though

I'm in central time US; I may not be able to play this weekend but if it comes up, I'll try to participate.

I was considering today actually

Oh that might be a problem because I'm traveling tonight, sorry.

ROLLER COASTERS

What if I'm a total scrub?

I installed a modded plane but it doesn't show up in the drop down menu in the mission editor, even though it does appear in the encyclopedia

how2fix

Doesn't matter desu. Gotta start somewhere

Sign me up then I guess.

Literally the only reason i came to this thread is to ask this question and everyone replied telling me exactly what i wanted to hear
time to dust off the credit card

MiG-29 FM update when.
Replace the S-24 rockets with the ones the Fishbed uses too while your at it

Did they not update the air explosions?

Ops scheduled for 2200UTC in that case. 2 people is enough to try I suppose. I'll try to host some training ops in an hour at 2000UTC if you're interested to see how well my shitty br internet takes hosting in 2.5.

Have a look at the pastebin for some other options. The t16000m FCS is still one of the better alternatives nowadays though.

If you guys want to do ops come here:
discord.gg/6YS2ShG

All the OG bois that stuck around are in here and it's usually where we plan our ops.

This link shouldn't expire this time.

If you're a scrub/terrible at sims, DCS, ext. Just join. There's only 1 way to get gud and that's to play the game. Just don't be a spurg and we'd be happy to teach you shit.