What did the ancient Irish/ pre- Anglo Britons believe?

What did the ancient Irish/ pre- Anglo Britons believe?

I understand that there was no organised pantheon and their religion was more of nature worship and shit

I also think there was "sacred grooves". Did they worship in trees?

Tell me more of possibly surviving worship locations and traditions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2PuTr3-GQgA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump youtu.be/2PuTr3-GQgA

Thread musical theme.

druid literally means "tree-knower"

Paganism, aka the worship of fallen angels, nephilim and Satan.

Absurd, the concept of satan literally did not exist in pre roman europe.

Be wary, there are 'militant' Christfags on here. :^)

PS: God isn't real.

Fuck off Satan

The Oak was associated with the thunder-god, Taranis, as in Germanic and Balto-Slavic mythology, due to it having a tendency to be struck by lightning.

You're arguing with a nutter, don't bother.

euphoric

Can't speak for the Brits but Irish used to "worship" a race of "people" who inhabited Ireland before being defeated in a bloody war by the Gaels

Also
>did they worship trees
No but every tree, and rock, river etc was thought to harbour a spirit

Went to Summer solstice this year and dropped acid, Stonehenge is fucking cool.

On a personal level it is likely they practiced ancestor worship. Preserving and honoring their remains in structures and burial mounds. While the druids or religious caste were entrusted with maintaining the wild areas between familial plots, keeping track of the procession of the stars and maintaining the rites of the society as a whole.

Most of what we know about ancient Britons is from Roman texts, and god knows how accurate they are. We know that here were many different tribes scattered across the Isles, it was never just one group of people with a single identity.

Christcuckolds unironically believe this

Boo hoo go fuck yourself you whiny faggot. Go be a little self-worshiping libtard, you Satan-worshiping piece of worthless shit. You think you're a good guy? You're not. You're a bad person. Everyone is bad except for Jesus. I'm sorry for you, your parents must be complete retards. And you think you can spit on this peaceful and prosperous land built by my people who worshiped Jesus/God since arriving here in the 1600s, and you think you can worship Satan on this land? You should be hanged, faggot. Now that Trump is President, you better be a good little boy. We're a lot less lenient than that faggot nigger Obama. We want a comfy society for people who worship God. If you are unwilling to submit to Jesus, the one true God, we will destroy you. If we were like Jesus, we would let you overcome us, but we are flawed sinners, who want to live in a comfy society. If you want to worship your own power instead of thanking God and repenting, if you want to worship your own strength, I'm sorry for the pain you will feel. We don't give a fuck about the 'sins of our past', nigger. God forgives those who repent. If you think that was bad, our damage output is going to be off the charts after all these years of being held down by the satanic establishment. Try us, little bitch.

Generally to my knowledge they fall under the umbrella of "Druidry" which is basically worship of nature.

They most likely had a version of the indo-European pantheon.

You seem like a really bad guy, maybe you SHOULD try worshiping Satan if praying to Jesus has turned you into that much of a self righteous prick

Well, in modern times scientists tend to refer to archaeology rather than ancient texts.

So they worshiped the people they genocided?

Wtf

Was this an ancient case of WE WAZ?

HAIL SATAN!

We don't know a whole lot beyond Caesar's accounts.
There are the rough stories about The Dagda, Lugh, Cernonous, Manaan, Morrigan, and so on, but we don't have a certain collection of them.
There is also the belief that Druids were only partial priests, and primarily judges/lawyers, where chieftans were more responsible for the religious beliefs of their people.

Weren't fairies a big part of Britannic and Irish folklore?

Ave Ave \,,/

Later. Like as a way of mocking pre-Christian belief. Fae were the people who were there before according to legend. Demi-God types who accepted humans as the the successors, so they returned to the earth.

Similarly, Lugh the Long Hand is the basis for Leprechauns.

No one really knows. It was kind of a mystery religion, and druids were the only people that knew all the details about the religion. The only accounts that exist are very sparse and come from biased sources; a small number of temples have even found, but it's very hard to tell anything about religious beliefs with certainly from archaeological remains (although it seems like bones were important in worship and there was a tripartate goddess). But, because the druids never wrote anything, we don't really know much.

Anyone that claims to know how the religion worked is either making things up, or getting their information from someone who did.

>Later. Like as a way of mocking pre-Christian belief
They took fairies very seriously and were afraid of their power.

W E W
E
W

Worship is a very loose term to describe how they viewed them
Yes but they were like demons, not to be worshipped