> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c6Mx2mxpaCY
youtube.com/watch?v=Up3hmLCr830
store.steampowered.com/app/777790/Final_Directive/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what kind of tricks does agdg have up its sleeve today?

Suicide.

don't forget to debug your game, user

>Pirates
Okay, cool.
>THICC MILFS
Nooooice!
>Small world
...but what does that mean?

>you can see a rare Wairus spawn in all it's majestic glory.

Making up for the fact I can't make my subweapons blink anymore by adding a candle below them to indicate how much time is left before they vanish.
It's an asspull of high calibur but I think it will suffice.

Dont forget to what?

how are coins today Veeky Forums? maybe its time to take up some honest activity like making your own game?

It's your work to make sense of it. Welcome to Jamdev 101

I lost $120,000 and i quit my job in December. There is only one way out now.

Please respond with ideas. Include waifus if you can.

I hope you are joking. If not I even feel sorry for you

All right. Do you have ideas for a game? 2d, 3d? Gameplay? A general concept at least?

>tfw can't program for shit and I just lost my coderfag partner

Please adopt this lonely artfag

>he bet it all on bitcoin

Is this lazy graphics or actually good?

its easier to learn coding than art.

The art style is neat but god damn I am so sick of dark souls style games.

It's good :)

y-yeah but I can't take time to focus on both

It's one man team so obviously he cuts corners on art

Also, he isnt really artist he learned all of that. And pretty fast. NO, that doesn ot mean you can do that [fast] too, that just means he has actual talent to grasp it fast.

its nice. It should be faster thou. Like he teleports behind you fast

youtube.com/watch?v=c6Mx2mxpaCY

A game where you infiltrate north korean prison camps

Go solo, it might be better for your sanity.

Game Maker 2 (or Gdevelop and similars for free alternatives) if you can learn easy programming with tutorials, else try searching for Clickteam Fusion, or Construct.
Also Godot, if you are a madman.

I believe in you.

>tfw naturally talented
>picture what I want to draw in my head
>draw it right away
>no retarded drawing 5000 circles and triangles then using an eraser till it looks like generic human body #200928
>tfw never read a tutorial about drawing my life but started as a kid
>tfw this is literally the only thing Im good at

sorry I had to brag

A game where you progress by not acting a certain way, while the game bothers, begs and threatens you to do otherwise.

I envy you, but you were born with it, just like with being a total faggot

Looks neat.
I don't think it'd be as interesting if the animation wasn't good.

so where is your art?

I give up

Well, look at the bright side: I cant art or code
You are already better than me.

What games do you want to make user

Post some of your artwork.

and i'm done.

Stop with the "talent" meme at once, plz. You can be talented and still not do shit, and you can also be shit at something and learn to do it well.
Work and dedication is where it's at.

I was working on a lewd metroidvania title with my partner but now I don't know what the fuck anymore

All I know is I like drawing girls and stuff

Sounds like you've learned to copy, not draw.

>install Blender
>try to follow YT tutorial
>can't
Why is 3d so hard guys?

Sounds like a personal problem.

That's a nice look. Clean and a nice amount of detail.

>YT tutorial
Jesus. Follow the official tutorial soiboi

How lewd we are talking about?
show examples

And what engine were you using?

There's no shame in giving up. Not everyone was born to make games.

alright im giving up my roguelike anyone got a good game to steal

waaaaaah
stop showing people my shitty humpback power shit show
waaaaaaaah it's not fair be culturally aware

We were using unity but we didn't get far enough to get any actual lewd content because it was planned that sex scenes would only occur after a boss had been defeated and we didn't get there yet.

So right now I only have some very rough animations of some sorta sexy characters

cards based mmomobafps with ts elements

North Korea is funny ha ha ha ha

fuck you

>Making it in RPG maker MV
>All custom graphics, done by myself

>World map is like Chrono Trigger's world map; however, some towns and the facade of some houses will be visitable.
>Apocalyptic future, medieval fantasy, rolled into one - not inspired by Chrono trigger, and does not have time travel.

Why specifically lewd? Horny teens in your under-20?
Why not go something more lighweight like Wings of Vi or Momodora - some appealing/teasing stuff.
This one looks pretty lovely for example: >but we didn't get far enough
How far were you? Why did the retard quit having a dedicated artfag interested in helping together, jesus, what a nutjob.

North Korea is funny, ha ha ha ha
It isn't a big deal lol

good luck. Do you already have any maps made?

any problem with NK white pigu? You dont want to make games about our Great Leader?

tug me in, senpai

What's your gamedev fuel, agdg?
Pic might be related.

The idea was that we would get patreonbux because apparently lewd games are crazy popular, and all that's needed is semi decent art. Sex sells.

Personally I would prefer to draw girls with clothes on but I agreed with the above statement because god damn I would love to make good money with this. I would be open to making suggestive games too though, I guess.

We weren't far enough at all, though. Didn't even have a playable thing ready. But that experience taught me that I really wanna team up with a coderfag on a game.

No, Best Corea has triumphed over so much adversity.

All those death camps are such an unfortunate result of western influence.

Laughing Out Loud.

>Personally I would prefer to draw girls with clothes on but I agreed with the above statement because god damn I would love to make good money with this. I would be open to making suggestive games too though, I guess.
Ah, yes, if revenue in some way was the main target that supplemented L E H O B B Y than yeah, your decision makes sense.

I like your clean style, would love to team up but I'm so-soish coder and have to learn Unity [almost] from scratch (had some experience). That being said, you shouldnt have any issues find a codefag, tons of them cry here everyday that they "cant art".

You don't need a coderfag, see here If you want a team tho, /agdg/ might not be the best place to colab. You have more chances to be meme'd around here than to find anyone to work with.

I know you're joking but I think we will look back on this as shameful.

youtube.com/watch?v=Up3hmLCr830

Not yet. That would be the easier part imo. I have a specific design idea. I'm going to piece together some rough maps, then stitch a rough draft of a game onto it, then work from there, like flesh out all the details, adding more things into the game graphic by graphic and script by script. For now, most of the dialogue is going to be "Enter big conversation"

This is my first time posting here though so I'm afraid of running into shithead idea guys. If there are any other additional places to look, please tell me.

I would try to learn coding but I think it's more efficient to have two people who like what they do and with similar game philosophies. I want to dedicate all my time to perfecting the art, especially the animation. Rough example here but I planned to redraw the entire thing at some point.

Post good itch game pages
Anything by managore.itch.io

lmao why did they even release that picture

Not him but I feel like agdg might sadly be the best place for casual collabs. The others are taking too seriously and are often trying to "break into the industry" or whatever, then give up when it doesn't happen or it's harder than they thought. What I'd want would be a kind of long-term casual collab, taking the project seriously but knowing it's gonna take several years, not "let's do it bra I'm pumped!!" in 6/9 months then be disappointed.

I think this will suffice

Why not just reduce opacity over time with a fixed step?

Can't do that due to engine limitations. The pickup system is very hacky due to how it changes sprites depending on what character is looking at the item, and Zandronum online didn't like my old method of making it blink, making it play back super fast and vanishing out of existence.

So I've had to get clever.

>This is my first time posting here though so I'm afraid of running into shithead idea guys.
Yeah, I feel ya.
I have a little retarded dream of making some tight-packed metroidvania one day. Eventually I hope. Once I will fee l confident enough in being able to pull it off on the coding side so the artguy wont suffer me being slow as fuck.

A pretty sensible approach, I must say.

It's coming pretty slowly. None of the artists really have any experience so it takes a while. Most of the core code is done at this point, so I don't do much until they get around to needing a new feature every now and then.

Not sure where the character is from, but a new one is being rigged and animated right now. Some of the stuff is from asset packs, I think trees from speedtree. Most of it is custom though.

How many people in the team?

4. I do the programming and the three of them try to learn how to make assets and do level design. They contracted people for some smaller stuff like concept art and rigging, though.

Oh so you have a budget? As in commecrial project?

Sounds like it'd be awkward anyhow. Reduced viaibility means you might miss it in the action. I'm sure that would be an unwanted side effect

Color coding might me more readable than a candle, something like a gem going from green to red? Dunno.

No, it's just a hobby for me. I started helping them about a year ago but they've been working on it longer, and they're pretty passionate about it. They use their personal funds.

Ah I see.
Well, I hope it all goes well for you.

I can't make the weapon pickup change color either due to limitations.
Plus I'm colorblind so I try to avoid color changing for status stuff as much as poissible for my own sake.

Changing their size?
or may be add a small bar that is being reduced over time on the left or right of the sprite?

I mean, if it was me I'd have hard time bothering to read at a glance the state of the candle in the fight

Maybe not a great suggestion, but I meant a crystal with a flat color inside it. Under the weapon, replacing the candle.

Update:
Assembler is almost completely functional. I probably won't finish it tonight, but a little bit of elbow grease would probably see it done sometime this weekend. I have all of the different constants identified, all I have to do is make them editable by the assembler itself, and knit all of the bytecode together and write it into a file.

Tomorrow, I'll tweak my new object system a bit more to give it all the features I've thought up of, then I want to integrate it into my game's engine. I haven't touched the source ever since my demo day trashfire, so it should be nice seeing all of my shitty code.

I'll post pictures of my assembly once it's completed.

Can't do size scaling. I can't do anything to the axe itself. A bar would work yes but a candle is essentially the same thing, a shrinking object.

I'm not keen on that either, I like the candle personally because it's more a tangible thing, like you can actually see it diminish and melt. Like I said, if I go for color stuff I'd have to make it very obvious and garish for my own sake.

Candle is just kinda hard to read

I have no idea what that means

Is it due to it being a little more abstract?

>tfw naturally talented at programming
>nobody cares how well a game is programmed
>literal slideshows make more money than games with complex mechanics
artfags dont know how good they have it

We released this yesterday:

store.steampowered.com/app/777790/Final_Directive/

Pretty much a flop, there were better titles ready for new and trending. Tear our approach apart and tell us why we fucked it so we can improve.

I'm having a bit of a conundrum.
First Person game. For immersion purposes, my main character is supposed to be the player. Literally. It will be staded that (You) found yourself in the situation you are now stuck in, and that you will have to find your way out of this mess.
But here's the thing - I want parts where you will find old documents and stuff, and some of them will be written in different foreign languages, because plot.
Should I handwave the problem by considering that (You) are able to read them, and add a note at the begining of each such document saying "(This is written in [insert foreign language])"? I'm simply not sure how the player would be interpreting the fact that he's supposedly able to read something that's not in its native tongue. Would it break the immersion too much, or would this be okay?

make a better game.

literally who

mess up the language so that no one can read it

literally W H O

>we released this yesterday
>it's a flop
how do you know? is this indirect shilling?
Please fuck off to reddit and reported for advertising.

does this clear things up?
this is equivalent to the following lua code:
local a, b = 0.5, 2.8;
print(a+b);

Sorry, this doesn't look like the type of game that I would play.
But I'd say that the fact that I haven't heard of it before means that you had no advertising whatsoever in place before release, which was a bad move in itself (or like some say, literally who?)
Best luck.

When you bring up the paper have it in actual Russian or whatever and after a few seconds it morphs into english

I think they will get the point

Have the document (or whatever they are reading) be slightly darkened in the background, with more readable english (or whatever the player's language is) displayed over the document.