/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

"Frieza doesn't care about rules" edition.

on their way to be erased by Zen-Oh >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/959196655877787648
youtube.com/watch?v=k79BZGyZ2J8
youtube.com/watch?v=DBEOLhmfIWE
fighterzmods.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQoDh8-AKJc
twitter.com/NotThulius/status/958150434262278144
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fat Buu needs a nerf.
He's so overlooked that he'll stay broken because no one notices or complains. Fuck that.

Anyone know any freeza combos? Or tech.

just mash and his overhead will be a non issue

This thread has been claimed in the name of the CHADforce.

You may only post SMARThan combos and cool CHADhan moments from the game.

>it's a 7 bar full team sparking in the corner ToD episode
I JUST WANT METER NEUTRAL OR POSITIVE COMBOS

Kid buu needs a nerf.
He's so unga he'll stay broken because everyone think he's one dimensional with shit tools. Fuck that.

>trying to look for general combo stuff
>everything is sparking, with assists for characters you don't use, corner specific
I know that some characters don't have a ton of combo going for them otherwise but goddamn you'd think there would be something

No one cares about Kid buu. The arena belong to Black Goku.

>expecting balance patches
lmao
this is a one and done deal buddy
the dlc characters are all we'll get

you call?

>ToD
Even with sparkling and 7 meter I'd have a hard time finding a team that can ToD outside of buffed Gohan stuff.

Best I can come up with is about 9k7, and the last 300 are just out of reach completely

Get used to some of his normals doing two hits with the tail. Also learn pressure with his Golden Form. He gets INSANELY fast and if you're good at instant air dashes you'll be able to do an overhead from the other side of the screen. Plus his Golden damage is huge, especially if you combine it with Sparkling.

Outside of those general tips I haven't found many combos with him yet... he's a bit tricky for me to use but I like him

Fug
Guess I didn't think about supers that can extend themselves

I'm starting to regret getting this for PS4

There's literally no reason to play fighters on PS4 in this day and age.

twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/959196655877787648

the furry found one with sparking + 6 bars but yeah, probably never seeing it in a real match

I'm learning some Cell BnB combos and I'm having trouble with one of them.

M> 4M> 2M> 6H> 5H >SD> jMLL> jc> LL 236L/214L/214M/H (4211)

After the super dash I have to do MLL but the second L doesnt connect. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong but it looks like it's not possible.

Main problem with sparkling combos is the activating sparkling itself part, you lose a lot of damage by doing it mid combo and it's just not worth it

the reason for playing fighters on ps4 is other people playing fighters on ps4
so the infinite cycle of fighting games being played on ps4 continues

I haven't used golden freeza at all. I mostly use dickbag zoning to bait/force a superdash, then 2h, air combo, qcfs xx death ball.

Found some ginyu tech for people that like ginyu
youtube.com/watch?v=k79BZGyZ2J8

I think the bigger issue is you don't want to throw away all that meter, I've seen lot of players opt for set ups when they could have spent even a bar. really you always want 1 or two bars cause it is used for so much

Doubly so towards the end of a match where you can completely waste a super if they have or activate sparking

Well, not spending resources on comboing a guy with sparkling active and instead going for setups should be a no brainer, but I disagree that you shouldn't spend all that meter if you can get a kill. Meter is really cheap and it's always worth ending someone's life unless you're really behind and you need mixups to make up for the life lead anyway.

>want new character colors
>but also want to play humans

why is playing humans so unprofitable fuck

>training mode gives 0 zeni

So whats some BnB for these two? i really enjoy playing them but most of the combos ive seen require at least 3 meters.

combo challenges niggas, completeing 2 characters gives more thean 10k zeni.

toppo destructor cuando?

But I've completed all of them

Don't even bother with lvl 3 super with buu, his lvl 1 hits off literally anything and it's full screen

nice stuff, another thing to note is that there is a way to convert off of ginyu force moves with vanish
normally if you hit with one of their moves and you vanish it won't wallbounce and you won't get a combo (because vanish checks if you're in neutral or not)
so what you CAN do is instead of hitting M+H you do H~M (a plink)
you'll immediately cancel the startup of the H button into vanish, it'll wallbounce and you'll get a combo into setplay

ignore first quote, meant to be just a question to the thread.

>blocking low
>still get hit by a sweep
>blocking in the air
>still get hit by 2H
>backdash
>get hit by anything
nothing makes me angrier

>Ranking battle
>I face a guy with 0 battle and about ten medals. His Team, SS Goku, Adult. Gohan, 18.
>it's a fucking monster that annihilates me without even using 18

I start scaring myself more when I find people with Goku, Gohan or Vegeta in teams, than those who use Kid Buu or Black Goku.

>completeing 2 characters gives more thean 10k zeni.
Wooah, that's like, 0 colours dude.

The odds of getting character colours in this game are abysmal.

I'm only afraid of people who use kid buu as an anchor. The unga that happens when they are down to last character and activate sparkling is out of this world.

training mode actually gives you 1000 zeni after a period of time or if you do extreme combos or something like that. i get 1000 zeni almost every time i use training mode for a while.

What are some tips for neutral?

I want to get into this game more but every time I see shit like everything being safe on block outside of some supers, just about every level 3 having Invincibility and just using auto combos and teleports somehow being just as viable as using supers I just want to stop.

I've played arcsys fighting games before, I've played Guilty Gear, Blazblue and P4A, but I can't fucking wrap my head around what your supposed to do 95% of the time against a person who's not retarded. It doesn't help that I can't train with freinds to help, because Namco can't into fucking servers and that maintenance and update didn't do shit. Please tell me there's someone here that at least understands this pain.

Wouldn't it be possible to afk training mode at night?

Some gimmicky stuff vs bad Adult Gohan players : a lot of technically negative pressure is """positive""" vs him if they don't know what they're doing. His 5L is really slow and if they don't know that they need to use 2L to challenge this sort of stuff, you can get free fake frame traps on them.

K. Good riddance, brainlet.

in local vs you get 300 coins per loss so i use it for farming
set the ai difficulty to max, mapped A to ki charge and made a script that mashes it
i left it running last night for the first time and i had about 10k zeni when i woke up
but don't tell anyone

Yeah, for 1000 zeni

Reminder this smug son of a bitch let Buu turn him into candy and still kicked his ass
I hope the DLC rumors are true

As far as I can tell right now Golden Freeza is probably the main reason to use him. The pressure, damage, and speed surge is stellar. The damage output for 3 meter is great, he keeps it if you switch out, and it lasts for a decent amount of time. Just be mindful of how long you have left. You can only use it once per match, unfortunately.

Once I figure out some decent Freeza combos he'll probably be one of my favorites.

t. autismo
the dlc rumor is awful. literally 3.5 more gokus, 1 more vegeta, and another 17

don't get hit

I don't give a shit about the other characters, I just want Vegito

>the dlc rumor is awful. literally 3.5 more gokus, 1 more vegeta, and another 17
All of that is good though.

Burter waiting room

>using that garbage "guide" with wrong notation, wrong inputs and shit combos

you deserve it.

Don't be overly agressive, don't commit to random ki blasts, unless you know for sure they won't super dash, be ready for super dashes and vanishes at all times in general, throw/dragon rush has an absurd range and if the opponent is playing passive you can dash throw fairly easily

Don't get too impatient and rush in. Use assists to cover your approach

how do you do that with recoome? i thought he does mouth laser?

236[S]

>First thing Nappa does when he wakes up is start kissing up to the fag that kills his kind
Nappafags are equally pathetic

>intro pose
>Kakarotto and Bejiita put earings
>YOSHA!
youtube.com/watch?v=DBEOLhmfIWE

Does golden freeza unlock other combo options? I feel like his basic options are a bit...basic.

Mods have arrived bros fighterzmods.com/

CONSOLE KEKS BTFO

So can anyone tell me why Janemba in the video games always has a high pitched voice yet in the movie it was deep? Obviously I'm talking about his screeches since he doesn't speak.

what language did you have janemba voice in in mind?

>No Gohan Blanco

Japanese.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQoDh8-AKJc
You can hear him in the first few seconds. I don't remember if it was in the Budokai games, but in the Tenkaichi games this was the case with the high voice.

Is there a way to send a message to another player? I'm on steam.

interesting, I have absolutely no idea
maybe the voice actor got replaced or they thought a higher pitched janemba is more fitting?

trying to figure this out too
no one shows up in the "recent players" and the in-game name is unrelated to the steam one
i remember ps4 having an option to show their psn name but i can't find it on pc

daily reminder to watch your feet

Videl DLC when

>Want beam assist on my anchor
>Don't wanna play Gokus
>Tien doesn't really make for a good anchor

Too obsessed with terminology. You know they don't have to come out in the order you place them.

>dont wanna play gokus

fgt

after we get 7 more gokus for the autismos. only then will people with good taste be taken care of.

twitter.com/NotThulius/status/958150434262278144

>Doesn't want to play best character

I dont get people like you

Goku is the most boring, vanilla character in this game. I fall asleep playing him.

Then don't use a beam assist. Or figure out complicated Goku tech that no one knows about and do a unique combo that isn't his basic bnb. Make it fun or stop complaining.

what is that downward ki blast hes doing while in the air? and how come my cell can sometimes shoot his kamehameha at an upward angle from the floor? i feel like there are some hidden moves in this game that arent described in the move list.

I think that if you opened up your move list and highlighted the move you were using it would show you additional information on said move.

But that's just speculation, my caulifriend. ...Wink.

Then play goku black

Maybe Ssb Goku ? His gameplay is different.

he doesnt have a beam assist, it's a divekick

Does anyone have a button as braindead as 16's H?

What do I do against people who just crouch block all day like faggots?

How to beat Piccolo M teleport? It seems to go behind me sometimes, it has armour beforehand and looks just like his other teleport variants.

Aerial attacks or 6M

I am just a shitter and pretty new but I feel that 2h has a good chance at beating teleport stuff, might just be gotenks tho, his Hitbox is a bit different from most 2h‘s I think

Dragon rush, 6M with assist into combo, IAD back in

Even without golden freeza I think there's some useful combo tech in there.

how can I punish the Super dash? I always get a lot of people spamming super dash without restraint. Intercept them with a counter too dangerous, I prefer guard myself and then punish them. With Goku and Vegeta they both have fast and adequate moves, but with all the others I can stop these niggers.

2H, Pedro.

Try block 2m

Or just do a raw super.

>block spamming

many characters
it's really not that good of a move, it's very slow to come out and is bad on block
the only thing it's good at is giving me free damage agains retards that keep trying to superdash in neutral

Enjoy your 2H

>tfw get a free 2H against every Nappa and A16 at round start

>New to fighting games
>Enjoying this
>Take 2 day break
>Revert all my progress and I'm complete dumpster trash now

Feelsbadman

Freezer I assume ?

Beerus is strong. His attacks are all fast and hit hard, and his normal combo includes a crossup. Plus you can combo his aerial 236M into 214L for no meter. And his 5H just looks awesome.

Hakai is unblockable too, so if you use an assist to hold them in place you can walk up there and just delete them unless they read it and vanish

With any character, block the obvious roundstart 5H and 2H their autopilot SD
Nappa is my point and I do it too because it works at least once against everyone