So keeping your coins in exchange is just big sitting duck for hackers...

So keeping your coins in exchange is just big sitting duck for hackers, desktop wallets also can be hacked and or hard drives fails as well.

So what's your favorite cold storage way of securing you coins?

>not keeping it on hand in case a crash happens

Idiotsguidetocrypto.txt

But if I don't leave my coins on the exchange how can I lend them to margin traders and reap interest?

Also if all of my holdings are in altcurrency how does it make sense to pull all of them out just so I can convert to Bitcoin and store it offline? I will be missing out on all the moonshots.

I just put the wallet.dat file on a Usb

None of your are worried about another Mt. Gox situation?

Not as much as I worry about not being able to react to huge swings in the market. This is a very volatile asset.

>hacker steals my whole portfolio right at the moment everything tanks

Who really comes out ahead in this situation?

No I'm actually hoping for another "hack"

Sincerely,
Poloniex employee

vast majority of holdings are on a trezor hardware wallet

rest is kept on exchanges for futures and spot trading of alts and bitcoin

i know you're larping but do you think polo employees inside trade all the fucking time?

I'd figure I would have a reserve amount in cold storage and then another set of funds to trade around. So far I only have 6 ETF (coinlet) but I want to move a few of them off my computer and into a wallet but even then I'm worried if I get a virus or some malware on my comp that I'll lose all my money so cold storage seems to be the way to go.

>Poloniex employee
Give me my money you fucking kikes. I opened the ticket a week ago and still haven't heard one fucking thing back.

kek demands it! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And here I was thinking about opening up a Poloniex account to do some margin lending. What's going on with your account?

Paper Wallet

Is polinex Australian friendly?

etch privatekey into a slab of metal and bury it

They locked all Washington residents' accounts and now the only way to get your coins out us to file a support ticket, which are apparently never read. Getting increasingly anxious over whether or not I've been Jewed.

can i get a wallet on an old pc, transfer crypto, disconnect from the internet and its good?

This is a nice pic
Hope you dont mind I take it

I think so, just make sure it's clean and clear from any viruses/spyware.

Sorry to hear that man, that's why I'm interested in getting a cold storage wallet for my ETC but I'd like it also to be compatible with other alt coins as well but most of what I find is just BTC/ETC/LTC

Glad you like it, enjoy.

I've got two hard wallets that are outdated and I'm too lazy to recover the coins. I recently tried reviving my Litecoin wallet and it took me all day just to figure out. This is why offline wallets are shit. Anyone else got any better ideas?