My thread from yesterday dies while I slept

>My thread from yesterday dies while I slept
Well, I'll try once more.
So, say Canada joins the U.S. and we take the opportunity to fix some states: How's this map?
Any additions?

Other urls found in this thread:

mapchart.net/usa-counties.html,
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Without text.

Without my additions.

Also,

the whole long island becoming a separate state would be complicated purely due to how integrated our economy with NYC is, for now inter-county projects, works and unions are done, but interstate? How would that affect unions? How about healthcare? What about infrastructure like our railroad that runs from Times Square to Montauk? Is the massively indebted Metro Authority divied up? Restructured? Who pays for what debts, and what future ones?
The logistical nightmare prevents it from ever happening

>, for now inter-county projects, works and unions are done
For how*

Yeah, I thought so, but half of it is Republican, so I cut it apart, too, because I knew Long Islanders would be upset I freed Upstate New York, but not them.
Also, I added the state of New Washington.

Would Virginia be fine joining West Virginia.

the fact that NYC now basically gets all of the water of a different state might cause some issues, they can't pay pennies per the gallon anymore, a state break away hurts NYC the most in every situation

If you're going to make "greater alberta", might as well make a "greater dakota" then, merging the dakotas, montana, wyoming and northern NE/CO.

Not sure how I feel about essentially city-states. I see how they'd be interesting on their own (and that they can screw with the rest of the states' metrics), but it seems a bit too antiquated.

Southern ontario should be its own state. I think there should be a Hudson's Bay territory, the sparsely populated land surrounding the bay.

The four corners states should merge into one. Texas should absorb OK. AL, MS and part of the panhandle of FL should merge. I say this following the pattern of more provincial-sized territories. If you're going to cut off the desert/plains portions of WA and OR, merge them with ID. the rest of NE and KS should merge. NB, ME, NS and PEI should merge. LB should merge with QC.

I suppose a large Arctic/AK state would work. MB should be cut off (around the Hudson's Bay Territory) and made about the size of MN. Same with the area of ON around Thunder Bay.

Hmmm. That's all I have for now. Pretty-merge happy, but NA is so sparsely populated I think it's appropriate.

Good.

Well, I'd hate to do this, since it'd lose our free votes in Wyoming and other sparsely populated states, but I'll do it for fun, here.
Won't merge Utah with anyone, though, that's a Mormon state, I'd hate to ruin it for them.
And I still am unclear on what you want to do with Manitoba and the rest of Ontario.
I mean, if you want to make Greater Dakota, you can't have Manitoba, which would be much more sparsely populated than those areas are, individually.

Oh, here's your map.

Do you like the Goddamn map?

Why the fuck would you make Chicago it's own state and not include Milwaukee in from Wisconsin and East Chicago from Indiana?

Make all of Chicagoland it's own state

I included from Indiana.
Forgot Milwaukee.

Small fix, and bump.

So, what do you guys think of the questions I asked in the OP image?

Now it's getting a bit ridiculous.
Based this on which counties voted Trump or Clinton.
Don't think I'd actually recommend this one.

Also, guys, when we're done here, I'll make a few with mapchart.net/usa-counties.html, to be more specific with the counties.
I don't think there's one with the US and Canada and counties, though.

Nobody's interested?

not bad, do you see what I mean about WA/OR/ID? I think that's a good fit.

Deseret is essential for any alt-history map of the US.

fuck off mormon cuck