/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General - Reminder to annex Korea in a single war, but Vietnam in several

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

# Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

This day in history, 3rd of February:
1930 – Communist Party of Vietnam is founded at a "Unification Conference" held in Kowloon, British Hong Kong.
1933 – Adolf Hitler announces that the expansion of Lebensraum into Eastern Europe, and Germanisation, are the ultimate geopolitical objectives of Third Reich policy.
1960 – British Prime Minister Harold Macmillan speaks of "a wind of change", signalling that his Government was likely to support decolonisation.
1961 – The United States Air Forces begins Operation Looking Glass, and over the next 30 years, a "Doomsday Plane" is always in the air, with the capability of taking direct control of the United States' bombers and missiles in the event of the destruction of the SAC's command post.
1966 – The Soviet Union's Luna 9 becomes the first spacecraft to make a soft landing on the Moon, and the first spacecraft to take pictures from the surface of the Moon.[1]

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Beginner's_guide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

delet this

Reminder to respond to and partake in shitposting

I really wish there was a mod that made all starting armies 4 inf, 4 art, 1 hus, 1 eng. It's just more annoying the way it is now.

that's ahistorical

Sorting out armies is by far one of the most fun aspects of Vicky, what are you on about

Really? I was sure they only had Walloon and Flemish.

Just call it Ahistorical Armies Mod then

lad You literally have autism

If you think that's fun you would REALLY love HoI3.

I'd cum if I saw a Russian Congo.

thanks for the explanation alex

epic rebuttal alex

Look at this Alex, this is what you must do
I remove the walloons too when I bother playing France

>Sorting out armies is by far one of the most fun aspects of Vicky
I don't understand this. It's not "sorting out" like HOI3, you just disband any cavalry besides hussars and build 4411s. There's no thought required, it's just tedium, like when a brigade rebels and you have to replace it.

France should have even more cultures in 1836, Normans, Burgundians, Gascoignè, it wasn't a unified nation until they forced everyone to speak French later on in the timeline.

>There's no thought required, it's just tedium
Same with HoI3, you just build 3xINF 1xART and only focus on those techs.

>it wasnt a unified nation
>it literally is an unified nation
It'd make a little sense for Italy or Germany but its pretty dumb for France

linguistically, not politically retard

Please tell me this is bait.

Inside a border ≠ are the same people

It's not tedious, you get the satisfaction to see it all properly sorted, in stacks of 30/60k.
Having a regiment rebel is great, you can get the feeling of taking care of something, nurturing and making sure it's perfect in case something bad happens.

I don't think that's possible due to Russian colonies in the east. I didn't find the event which determines who is eligible through all the voting events and shit so I wasn't able to check. If anybody knows the event number I'll look it up real quick.

I believe Russia are specifically excluded due to having no African colonies IRL.

>americans

fuck i fell for the bait

>haha i did the epic greentext guys am i funny yet?!?

>you just build 3xINF 1xART
Some countries don't have enough production to just disband their starting forces and rebuild 3INF1ART in time for the war, so you have to make use of what they have. That's what's fun, sorting out disjointed divisions with varying capabilities spread out across the country or empire, making sure everything is in a good division in a good place to exploit its strengths when the war begins.

I've always thought it would be pretty cool if there was an "expeditionary force" unit or something like that in V2 that had amazing stats, siege, and recon, but cost loads. That way I could utilize them in places like Afghanistan, with really low supply limits and still occupy fairly quickly.

Maybe I just read too much soldier of fortune crap.

yes you have

They're in-game already, called barrels and aircraft.

I meant in the age of colonization, from around 1850 onwards. I try to use small stacks of guards and art but it just isn't the same.

You're not enjoying the true colonial campaign experience if half your army doesn't die to tropical disease desu

That's the whole point of supply limits, you shouldn't be able to march a huge army around the jungles of Africa until you have medicine and things to prevent >muh laria

True, I just wish I could have smaller engagements than 30k Euros vs whatever the colony can muster.

>1961 – The United States Air Forces begins Operation Looking Glass, and over the next 30 years, a "Doomsday Plane" is always in the air, with the capability of taking direct control of the United States' bombers and missiles in the event of the destruction of the SAC's command post.
Why jot just use a submarine that are actually intended to stay operational long term?

Posting from old bread again please help.

>Accidently said ok to an event
>Rebel for another heir shows up
>Austria and france can declare war to make me a junior partner when king dies
>Naples no longer my junior vassel

What just happend? I clicked ok since I was in a war out of habbit. What event did I skip?

Belgium shouldnt have flemish as accepted until 1890

Why not?

Anyone? Really hated how I skiped this event by mistake.

Please respond

guys?
anyone?

bump

Someone know what the issue is here?

anyone else listen to anime music while playing gsg

I listen to PruBens Gloria

bump??? hello????

hi

no, i'm not a weeb

c𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪wfeec𝓪

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

Dania is rightful Polish clay.

Hfm is actually quite good its literally just because its from reddit edgy kids hate it

True. If it was called something like "kikefucknigger" everyone would play it.

uninstall.exe

KIKEFUCKNIGGER

green tea

How do I get Imperial Japan in HPM.
First time playing Japan.

Start as Imperial and unite Japan.
or
Start as Shogunate, unite Japan, then enact the "peace with the Emperor" shit that makes him Emperor again.

By not being an emperorcuck and leading the armies if the mighty Shogun instead.

COMMUNISM WITH THE EMPEROR

Pick Imperial/Shogunate Japan, get in the train and stay on the rails

What do you mean? So I need to westernize and build railroads? What good would that do?

Atrocious false flag.

But Imperial Japan starts as vassal of the Shogunate?
Does an event fires up or something?
I guess I'll just play as the shogun then.

You seem to be implying homogeneousity makes nations stronger? If anything they were weaker due to their insular nature. Had they opened up to the world they very much could be a stronger power.

>go to war in 1800
>spend years sitting on level 8 fortresses
simply ebin

Did you mean "homogenerosity" maybe?

>1800
How?
Did HPM finally add a new start date?

He's probably using concert of Europe or one of the PDM meme mods if he had level 8 forts at all, let alone that early.

Do you as France automatically get into war with Germany in historical project?

I want to concentrate on maritime stuff.

All nations with a capital in Europe, bar the RUS and TUR tags, and have sea access and no African colonies can claim it, but they also must be a Secondary Power. The exception in this last part os Belgium, as they can claim it even after becoming a GP.

essentially yes

Yeah, but as the player you should be able to beat them pretty easily through digging into the border.

G*rmans don't understand that Alsace is yours so yes its basically guaranteed

maybe

didn't ask

>be fresh count of Bel Air
>decide to expand my territory asap
>invest heavily into the army compared to my neighbors with their 500 wojack levies
>fabricating a claim on my neighbor within half a year
>oh but wait
>entire continent bursts into absolute civil war
>not one king lasts for more than a month
>implosions and explosions of countries for years to come
>seems like a good opportunity to grab territory since everyone is busy dicking the east so I pick no side in the wars
>siege almost done
>25k stack of rebels comes roaring through
>I'm in their path
>too late to pull out, at least there's a rive-
>wiped.
>this happens three more times with random rebels and kangs drifting their clown carts around for no reason
>decade later finally get the territory
>over demesne limit
>alright, my trusted vassal that owns a city in my capital region can have it since taxe-
>he's no longer my vassal
>he now has complete ownership over the territory I fought and invested war effort in while he diddled urchins
Why is he not my vassal ? How does this even work.

>wojack

EU4 or CK2 for a complete beginner? If so, what are the best DLC's?
With the release of Stellaris:Apocalypse in 3 weeks and HoI IV:Waking the Tiger in 5 weeks.
No doubt a paradox sale will happen on one of the weeks.

CK2 for sure.
Just pirate the dlc lad.

Play Shogunate Japan or Imperial Japan. Click decisions when they appear in your decision thing. Fight the other side in the railroaded war if applicable. Click more decisions when they appear.
The only way to avoid becoming Imperial Japan as Shogunate Japan is to leave a decision hanging in your decision thing.

Is culture conversion worth it early on?

This desu, it should be completely divided

>languages(not even that, dialects) are cultures

Don't let the memes get you down! China can still achieve its territorial goals, even when arbitrary rules were designed specifically to prevent that from happening! Ganbare, China-san!

if south/north german is culture then so is this

I bought the humble bundle for Pillars of Eternity and got it and Old Gods with it the other day but I'm really overwhelmed and have no clue what the hell is going on and wondering if its worth investing time into it.

The tutorial is absolutely useless and feels outdated,I don't know if you're supposed to be defeated by the rebellion and get the king captured but I got curbstomped(where the fuck is the raise all levies button? You only get 290 men to face 670+) and had no clue what the hell was happening as "battles" are over so fast with no details on what is happening.

I can't even tell on the map which land(s) are mine and who the vassals are because of all the different names and flags with similar colour schemes and no visible clear borders.
I also don't know which land or time to start in,how to build things or what my aims actually are. I just don't think I'm used to this style.

the absolute state of brainlets

And Wallons and Picards exist in post-NNM mods. HFM added the Arpitan French so there's at least another major group but it would be really interesting to me if France was completely divided like that. Then, you'd have two options: either go with the historical centralisation choice (which would add a massive assimilation bonus) or embrace the various cultures (obviously, this would add them as accepted cultures).

"If X exists so should Y" is not an argument.
They are completely different anyway, and even if they weren't, you can already get the equivalent of North/South germans with Occitans.

it literally is an argument alex You brazilian monkey

>Inside a border≠the same people
That's 19th century French nationalism for you.

That's because the tutorial is outdated and hasn't been touched since 2012. A lot of the information is completely wrong now and DLC's make it completely broken.
It's too early in the morning for me to bother writing anything out so the best I can do is this:
ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Beginner's_guide
Keep it open at all times and refer to it when confused.

that "puppet state tribute" was pretty much the last straw with grandi. any non-trash mods?

HPM.

Hfm is actually quite good its literally just because its from reddit edgy kids hate it

*adopts strict anti-pollution laws in 1850*

He is talking about EU4.

never stop posting china-kun