/xgg/ - Xenogames General #101

Say something nice about my wife Kasandra edition

USE SPOILER TAGS
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0 (embed)

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq (embed)

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg (embed)

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/
Add 'htmlview' behind the URL for a lightweight interface

>XBC2 Artbook link
drive.google.com/open?id=1l8EuZcAvfNAVKyHuK6bSr5NxpiaUdXYD
e-hentai.org/g/1168674/90d830fe38/

>XBC2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/DPHdsLNL (embed)

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY (embed)
==============================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>(embed)
shhhh just pretend they arent there

My whole party is at Level 84, beat the final boss a long time ago. Give me recommendations for shit to do besides quests and charts beat the rotbart UM by torigoth and the lizard driver on the side of mor ardain

This is Pyra von Aegis, Rex's canon love interest.

>having to choose between Pyra or her sister with domestic violence issues for Rex's true love

Woooooow... So this is the power... of Xenoblade...

fuck off shipper cancer

Just rolled KOS-MOS on Zeke in ch. 6, feeling pretty good leaving her there while setting up rex as a healer with niablade.

is Elma an illegal alien

Don't mind me, just busy being the best blade in the game

TERMINATION BLAST

>Rex, I want to know more about family
>See, I don't really have any family

Didn't she literally say she thinks of Mythra as her sister?

X2 when

There is an item I got it says I have unlocked new poppy parts what does that mean exactly? That I have new blueprints available to me that I can farm for in tiger tiger?

No, they allow you to craft better versions of certain parts. You need a certain number of manuals to craft IV then V mod parts.

Some parts are still TT exclusive as in the stats booster II, the role master mod and the light elemental core.

How did it make you feel?
I just watched the whole ending again and I still cry at this part and the part after where they come back.

She asks about parents, not family

Though she keeps referring to the Architect as her dad

ah i see, thanks

Exactly. She thinks of Mythra as her sister, and then calls Klaus father.
Rex probably has less family left than her.

Not before a Switch port of X1.

But Rex has Aunt Corrine and Gramps and the people of Fonsett who all love and support him, while Pyra's sister is inside her, her dad is an unreachable god and brother tried to kill her many times

You'll notice that they refer to the architect as Father, capitalized, which implies they still thinking of him as more of their actual God rather than a patriarch.

I feel as though it's just Corrine. Gramps feels almost like a nagging wife. The rest of the people just feel like they're friends with Rex in Fonsett.

As an aside, I love how the writers were self aware they’ve been using Poppi to solve every problem. One thing I liked about that scene.

>The whole game is about Pyra bringing her bf home to meet her parents

Rex calls the people of Fonsett his family and says he thinks of Gramps like a real grandfather

And he calls Morag, Tora, Nia, Zeke and everyone else his family even though he doesn't really think of them as his "family".

What is she looking at?

So what the hell was going on between Pyra and Mythra even? I find it frustrating their relationship was almost unexplored besides being told they're sisters when they literally share one body.

If the relationship between Pyra and Rex was somewhat passable, Rex and Mythra's relationship was shit, we're just told we should go with the flow regarding what was going on between Mythra and Pyra. Where is my emotional drama chapter?

Is this what they're saving for the Dee-El-Sea?

Staying warm in the winter with Pyra!

Do they eat each other's assholes?

>Hello, Rex.

I think it was explained as best as the could. Pyra was created very shortly before going to sleep 500 years prior. Remember that the Aegides are literally just computer AIs so Pyra is basically a new subprogram. She was intended to take control of the body while Mythra went into a presumably indefinite coma. Because Rex sucked so hard Mythra woke up. It would seem they could "talk" to each other at all times, and when the body is asleep they can look at each other in the Elysium Dream.
I guess the tl;dr of what I'm trying to say is that they didn't know interact with each other much before the time of the game's story, so whatever you see is pretty much all the interaction they've had anyway, and if you don't understand what you're seeing from that, then I don't know how to help you.

Why didn't Rex summon Roc to fly him over to Pyra in the ending if Poppi won't do it?

The better question is what was Rex even gonna do when got to the other side? Stay behind and die too?

yeah probably. Rex is a nice kid but he's also dumb as bricks.

I personally find it a bit weird how everyone was calling Rex out for giving up on Pyra a few chapters back and suddenly they're all telling him to let Pyra go in the ending.

Probably just realize it was a really terrible and pointless decision 20 seconds after flying to the other side and just awkwardly stand beside Aion as it blew up.

>Oh shit we have to find this little girl or she might die in the snow, do you know where she went, Nopon Sage?
>FEED ME with shit you can only get from other countries or I won't tell you

What a piece of shit, I'm glad the game let me threaten him

To be fair, there is a difference between her being the key to Torna's plan to kill everybody and her own decision to sacrifice herself for everyone else.

I feel that scene would have been a bit better if they were still on Rex's side, but Pyra was the one that convinced Rex and the rest of them that it was all for the best. It felt as though no one was on Rex's side during that scene when he needed support the most.
I mean, it's only Pyra, right? The one that got him started on all this Elysium bullshit?

The whole ending with them coming back and splitting felt almost a bit too happy for me.

This is exactly why the idea that you're choosing the one that Rex loves is stupid and doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

>Who needs Rex?

yuri is gay

Most of us were in agreement that the ending was bad exclusively because of the splitting. It would have been poignant but overall good had she just stayed dead.

Is it possible get Pyra back without ending chapter 7?

I thought it made sense. Also spoiler tags you dickweeds. They realized how fucked the situation was and they aren't madly in love with Pyra. They're respecting her wishes.

As for saccharine endings, that seems to be how Xenoblade do. In 1, they set up Fiora dying super hard and then they don't pay it off, she's just fine in the ending with zero explanation.

Pretty sure it isn't because you can't die in the last battle in ch 7

>she's just fine in the ending with zero explanation
Dude of course she is. If Shulk could make his ideal world of course he's gonna have Fiora be fine.

The splitting bullshit felt like it was just there to solve Rex's romance problems of screwing two girls while being only in love with one of them. It was pulled out of Takahashi's ass like that deal with Fiora's regeneration chamber.

That's not what he did though. He didn't interfere with the world, which is why Melia's entire family and people are still all dead. Apparently Vanea built Fiora a new body offscreen somehow.

No. you have to finish that chapter. There are a lot of sidequests and H2Hs that need her so you can't even do those.
Just rush chapter 7 as soon as possible.

To everyone talking about the ending, I'm actually glad Pyra didn't die because I was expecting it ever since she was shown.
And then there was this trailer youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U which I thought for sure was just reinforcing my prediction that there's no way Pyra is alive at the end of this game.
So I'm personally glad I was proven wrong.
Not to mention I really like Pyra and Rex.
They're two of my favorite characters in all of games now so I'm happy they got the ending they wanted.

Who should I give Kasandra to?

Any of those in Indol? Heard the place gets lost in Ch8

Meh. It's fine.

Fuck Shion and Allen somehow remains the least hamfisted romance story in the whole Xeno franchise...

I don't think any of those quests need Pyra

In any case in ch 8 you get your full party back before that happens, though you have to play little bit into it. You get a temporary guest character, when that guest leaves you get your party back which is a good time to do side stuff

It kind of feels as though the resurrection bullshit ran contrary to the lesson Rex managed to teach Pyra and Mythra. They should find the strength to live on regardless of what burdens they may carry in life.

I feel as though Rex should also try to find the courage to live on, even if it means living with the burden of leaving Pyra behind to die. The resurrection stuff kind of cheapens the developments Rex got during the story a bit.

The ending is a bit of an asspull, in addition to the splitting solving Rex's romance problems that came out of nowhere.

Morag. She can use hammers to topple after breaking with Brighid and Rex can then use her too.

You lose Indol, yes. But you don't have to give a shit since anything of value just gets moved to other places.

You do lose the quests you started, but none of them have any rewards really worth grinding for. Also, Indol kicks the bucket only half way through chapter 8, so you can still do some quests with your party if you like the place that much for some reason.

Use spoiler tags you fag.

The only reason people like Indol at all is the music.

Noted, thanks. Didn't want to lose anything important from there before it gets lost

I agree. Pyra being on a journey to end her own existence and then killing herself off just like that would've been stupid.

I don't think she wanted to kill herself. The lyrics of One Last You was clearly Pyra begging God for another chance to live so she can be with Rex.
It all comes down to whether or not you think sappy, happy endings are a good thing or not.

I mean the start of their journey. The reason why she wanted to go to Elysium in the first place was to ask the Architect if she could die. If she died just like that at the end, it wouldn't have felt like her character went anywhere.

Yeah it would be incredibly depressing if she were to die after finding a reason to live

To me, her dying was not for her, but more about development for Rex. I don't really like Rex too much as a character. It felt as though he was just a bit TOO naive at times and he never really moved past that sometimes.

He admitted during the part in chapter seven he's going to Elysium for Pyra, not for the sake of humanity, and then he again told Jin that he's going to Elysium to share it between all humans.
So he is fighting for "a single girl" or is he fighting for all of Alrest?

Depressing both emotionally and comsically. It would've been senselessly tragic.

But there's a difference between a deathwish and a heroic sacrifice. Had Pyra truly died just as she had found a reason and desire to keep on living, it would have been a tragic, poetic death, and would have been a mark of some good writing. What we got instead was a happy ending, yes, but a hackjob as far as writing is concerned.

He personally is going to Elysium for Pyra. But in that there's also the opportunity to save humanity, which they introduce very early on. Other members of the party, most notably Morag, are there to find Elysium to save humanity.

The other members of the party like Pyra, but they're not in love with her to the point of Pyra being their primary motivation in all of this.

I don't think that's poetic, it's ironic and cruel. It wouldn't actually illustrate anything positive and thematically it'd be at odds with what the rest of the game is about.

The rest of the game is basically one big anti-war message, and Pyra's story doesn't tie too deep into that.

I just don't feel as though Rex learnt a lesson at the end of his journey at all. Pyra's death would have helped Rex learn something and grow into an adult.

I don't mind happy endings, since I do hope Pyra can find some happiness at the end of all this, but I feel as though it could have been done better. The revival and splitting feel like asspulls to me.

That's not what I took away from the game at all. I think the game is pretty neutral on war. To me, the game is much more about belonging or finding your place or purpose.

>it's ironic and cruel.
Exactly, thus, tragedy. There's merit in a tragic story, but you seem to not want to give that any credence because you just want to feel the happy-haps. I mean that's find if you'd prefer the happy ending, but from an artistic standpoint you can't possibly say it's the better one.

I really wished Rex's motivations could be a bit fixed on Mythra as well, but across the story the only person he could scream was pyra. It feels as though he only cares about mythra because she's in pyra's body

I see where this is heading. Please don't.

The world of Xenoblade 2 is not so cynical that getting sucker punched is the only way people learn. The only lesson to take away from that is about accepting partings and letting go, which doesn't really have anything to do with the rest of the game thematically.

Rex already learned something and the big confrontation at the end is already all about that. Being an adult is not about being bitter and jaded and not everything has to be a coming-of-age story. I don't think this was one.

The revival and splitting are asspulls, but there's enough justification with the Architect (who is a literal Deus Ex Machina) and thematically it is more appropriate for the story.

A senselessly tragic ending is not artistic. It's masturbatory and self-indulgent and makes people wallow in base emotions of misery instead of actually finding higher meaning in things.

Good tragedies are set up to be tragedies. Taking an optimistic hopeful story and ending it tragically in stark contrast to established themes is a device for shock value and not art.

I guess you could switch Rex's motivations from being about Pyra to Mythra if you picked her for the choice in chapter right, but that doesn't really feel right to me at all. Mythra just doesn't really feel like a romantic interest to me. Even Nia feels as though she's closer to Rex.
We're just told that Rex cares about her, but we're not so much shown anything that would make Rex care about her as much as he did for Pyra, least of all she doesn't have a single Heart to Heart where they really connect.

This is exactly why I think people read too much into the choice. If you picked Mythra, then Rex is screaming Mythra's name because it's the green girl over there and you named her Mythra. That's it. Reading into it any further is stupid.

>not everything has to be a coming-of-age story. I don't think this was one.
I personally thought this was exactly one of those, with Zeke's comment there at the end about how Rex should accept Pyra's feelings because he loves her and how this is what it means to be an adult.

I didn't really see them coming back at all. Her final words made it quite clearly to me she wasn't expecting to make it through. That, and giving Rex her entire core.

Not him, but I don't see any merit in the tragedy style end for XB2.

It doesn't contribute anything to the whole deal. It is actually worse: the whole thing about the story was for Rex to lead Pyra to Elysium, and that objective was pretty much so she could find her reason to live and stay with everyone.

That promise changed slightly, but it is the fundamental part of the journey for both of them.

Killing Pyra right before reaching the true Elysium is not only nonsensical, but it just some bitter content that goes against to the themes of the game.

Moving one was certainly part of the themes, but that was in a general sense for blades in their natural cycle of losing their memories.
In this very case, Pyra sacrifice was there to ensure everyone would remain safe, and this has absolutely no connection to the previous theme because it is plainly not the same context at all.

Alright well, I still don't agree, but I can see where you two are coming from, so let's just agree to disagree. Also let's agree that they could have come up with a better ending than the frickin' split.

Everybody would be fine with the ending where only Pyra or at least the girl you've chosen returned.

I liked the fact that the split solved Rex's screwing two girls while being only in love with one problem the same way the deus ex machina chamber fixed Shulk's problem of screwing a can of bolts, but I just don't feel as though it's very good storytelling.

Sure, it's not good, but it is at least functional.

No, that would be pointlessly edgy and contrived,even for me. Even if Rex is not in love with the girl he didn't pick, he still does care about her.
Even if it's not for her, imagine how Pyra or Mythra would feel if the other kicked the bucket and they would have to live on alone. They're really closer to each other than even Rex since Rex is mortal. He will eventually die. The two of them will probably exist together for the rest of however long they have in their lives.

Can someone translate this?

I'm okay with it as an idea, I think they could've explained it better.

I thought they were setting up a Chrono Cross ending, which I'm glad they didn't do because Chrono Cross was stupid.

>Tora: Hana! Do it!! Hana?
>Hana JK: ...Shuddap. Don't boss me around
>Nia: Hana is in the middle of rebellous stage?!
>Homura: What shall we do...?
>Tora: Don't worry about it! That's just one of the settings
>Hana: How was my acting?
>Rex: What the hell are you doing in the middle of a fight?!
>Seiryuu: He sure is a huge pervert
>Byakko: Quite the huge pervert, I see...

Didn't Chrono Cross have like 8 different endings? I assume you're talking about the "good" one.

Thank you, Also the Japanese suck at humor.

Yeah, the true ending. There's actually 11 endings, although one is the bad ending where you didn't think color much a bunch of bullshit and it just cuts to credits. The rest are weird what-if scenarios.

I still don't get how this blade-human relationship bullshit Corinne mentioned to Pyra never really gets addressed.
I mean, is fucking something that you can't grow old with, can't have kids with and will outlive you a hundred lifetimes even right?
I don't like how how Rex and Pyra never even gave any thoughts towards this.

Vess got along alright.

Vess felt more like his maid than his wife. I didn't get the implication he was screwing her at all.

Agreed. Shulk and Fiora had at least one discussion about how difficult it would be to carry on a relationship with her robocooch, but nada between Rex & Pyra.