/d2g/ - DotA 2 General

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Major Patch: dota2.com/duelingfates/ (7.07)
Minor Patch: blog.dota2.com/2018/02/the-spring-cleaning-2018-update/ (7.08)
Most Recent Update: dota2.com/news/updates/
New Players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide
New Players (League Refugee Edition): dotabuff.com/learn/lol
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com
Blog: blog.dota2.com
Lore: dota2.gamepedia.com/Lore
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic Simulator: dotaloadout.com
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 Analysis: datdota.com
Personal Statistics: dotabuff.com
Personal Statistics 2: opendota.com
Hero Stats, DPS Calculator, & Interactive Map: devilesk.com/dota2

>NEWS & STREAMS
gosugamers.net
liquiddota.com
dota2protracker.com
Streamlink: github.com/streamlink/streamlink
GUI: github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

Where's egm?

t.sockshka

>twice
Really steams my hams

This is your daily reminder that Dota has been ruined by Reddit and instead of reversing it, Valve is now doubling down on listening to Reddit and wont fix a single legitimate problem but will "fix" the problems Reddit complains about only.

DONT FORGET TO EUTHANIZE YOUR GAME

This is your daily reminder that Dota has been ruined by Reddit and instead of reversing it, Valve is now doubling down on listening to Reddit and wont fix a single legitimate problem but will "fix" the problems Reddit complains about only.

Just played a game where my PL went battlefury S&Y.
I want to kill myself.

wow you got to play with sccc

shape the meta kid

>Have something like 20 abandons in 1579 matches (Which are almost all rankeds)
>Cant connect to the game for no reason twice in a row because icefraud cant fix his game
>Immediately get low prio
>Finish LP
>Have disconnect from the game at pick screen because real life stuff happening for once
>Another low priority
Just let me fucking play already

That review is 100% right. Memeback, overfarmed support heroes, overpowered save items on supports and massive gold explosions bringing the lategame to midgame are the cancer killing this game. There's no versatility in draft or metas because if you want to win you have to exploit rubberband and aoe gold, and avoid picking a lineup that will get exploited to death by rubberband and aoe gold.

That review is 100% right. Memeback, overfarmed support heroes, overpowered save items on supports and massive gold explosions bringing the lategame to midgame are the cancer killing this game. There's no versatility in draft or metas because if you want to win you have to exploit rubberband and aoe gold, and avoid picking a lineup that will get exploited to death by rubberband and aoe gold.

Is singsing dare I say it... /ourguy/?

Is there a bot in these threads or something?
Is /d2g/ going the way of the Guild Wars general?

>FLUFF SPOTTED ON SHANGHAI PUDONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

all memes aside though force staff should be removed, triviliazes positioning too much

toes

Ironic memeing with ironic copypasta won't make the truth any less true.

If supports are so overfarmed and lategame has been moved to midgame how come Im still seeing carries with total networth of 16k in 40 minutes and supports with nothing but tranqs and urn/forcestaff?
Maybe the guy simply realized he wasted 10 years of his life and is looking for an excuse to stop playing already.

bullshit
rosh is what counters the 'memeback' risk of dying when you hg - idk how many games get decided by muh rosh and you have a huge advantage after that
id say nerf rosh and comeback gold

and gold on supports is good, it's a 5v5 game etc.

Ironic memeing with ironic copypasta won't make the truth any less true.

its not a bot its justa butthurt faggot who thinks hes doing some sort of activism against people making legitimate critiques on nu-dota

its not a bot its justa butthurt faggot who thinks hes doing some sort of activism against people making legitimate critiques on nu-dota

>*destroys your eardrums with shrieking noises

no its not a bot it's just meepo posting on d2g

>The game that I grew up with that punishes the smallest mistakes is a diant memory
>Says as he died pushing highground as a snowbally mid and still win pre memback
What did he mean by this?

>Someone actually did lina cosplay barefoot for once.
Jesus tell me there is a full album

I am sure fluff is out of the highschool shotter age range already

I am the man who ganks your lanes
I am the man who stops the enemy carry from farming
I am the mn who gives you vision
I am the man who takes away their vision
I am the man you hate
I am an alpha pos4

>none of your hundreds of mistakes through the game get punished
>the only thing that gets disproportionately punished is that one fight at 33 minutes into the game
get it now, brainlet?

Constant roshing is just a symptom of the comeback mechanics, the importance of rosh/aegis is inflated because it's extra safety against the risk of suffering a rubberbandocaust while trying to take objectives.

Gold on supports would be less of a problem if force staff and glimmer weren't in the game, lotus didn't dispel and linkens buff couldn't be transferred. A long time ago items had no ownership in dota 1, and you could do shit like a KotL farming a buriza and giving it to the hard carry. Item pooling was removed for a good reason, but save items are essentially just item pooling because it gives supports the ability to grant ridiculous amounts of bonus survivability to teammates.

>implying any of that makes a single difference in the outcome of your games
literally none of what you did made a single bit of difference, the only thing that mattered was the team fight at 30 minutes

Constant roshing is just a symptom of the comeback mechanics, the importance of rosh/aegis is inflated because it's extra safety against the risk of suffering a rubberbandocaust while trying to take objectives.

Gold on supports would be less of a problem if force staff and glimmer weren't in the game, lotus didn't dispel and linkens buff couldn't be transferred. A long time ago items had no ownership in dota 1, and you could do shit like a KotL farming a buriza and giving it to the hard carry. Item pooling was removed for a good reason, but save items are essentially just item pooling because it gives supports the ability to grant ridiculous amounts of bonus survivability to teammates.

there are many kind of shooters

i don't think there are that many pics

Wew. The memeback apologist is really mad now. Such is the life of harolds with bad mechanical skills.

Just post what you have nigguh

>BUT MOM, I WON THE LANE WHERE IS MY FREE WAAAAAH

>Constant roshing is just a symptom of the comeback mechanics, the importance of rosh/aegis is inflated because it's extra safety against the risk of suffering a rubberbandocaust while trying to take objectives.
it's what i said basically without the word rubberbandocoust

here's the deal, more teams win due to an advantage than due to coming back, ofc depends on draft
>gold on supports wouldnt be a problem if they didnt have items
it's a 5 man game and if supports did nothing the game would just be boring and honestly stupid
>save items is just item pooling
>two different things are actually the same thing
that's meaningless talk

as i said, supports having a huge impact is much better
if you really hate the comeback gold, just nerf it and nerf rosh, since rosh is OP atm
you are probably the kind of person who dislikes fights too, nerfing rosh would give teams 1 less reason to fight potentially

don't have any more lina ones im afraid

One cast from a 2k gold item can give your team 20k+ networth in a teamfight, because it means your pos1 carry didn't die from a positioning mistake. Save items are literally itempooling, because you're giving the survivability that item grants to a teammate, which means they can spend less gold on survivability and use that networth to buy damage instead. You're practically buying damage and free aegises for your carry by buying save items on a support.

Agreed and you should only be able to use Urn, Mango Disruption and Astral Imprisonment on yourself.
Wards should only give yourself vision, not your team.

>One cast from a 2k gold item can give your team 20k+ networth in a teamfight
thats just exaggeration

what exactly do u want
that impact should be related to what position you are playing or what
should only carry matchups matter
should support items simply be made more expensive
should bounties be removed
should i think for you
what is it you want, it's all just whining until now and it makes me wonder if all you can is just present general frustrations with this and that

do all 5 having similar impact in a game makes it less fun, less interesting, less skill based, less draft based or what

Nice logical fallacy. Urn, mango and wards aren't save items. Disruption and Astral are not only hero skills that require you to pick a specific hero that's balanced according to having that skill, but also have the disadvantage of disabling and immobilizing the target for the duration.

One cast from a 2k gold item can give your team 20k+ networth in a teamfight, because it means your pos1 carry didn't die from a positioning mistake. Save items are literally itempooling, because you're giving the survivability that item grants to a teammate, which means they can spend less gold on survivability and use that networth to buy damage instead. You're practically buying damage and free aegises for your carry by buying save items on a support.

Nice logical fallacy. Urn, mango and wards aren't save items. Disruption and Astral are not only hero skills that require you to pick a specific hero that's balanced according to having that skill, but also have the disadvantage of disabling and immobilizing the target for the duration.

>but also have the disadvantage of disabling and immobilizing the target for the duration
And Force has the disadvantage of only pushing a hero in the direction he is facing, it's also a 2000 Gold Item with shit stats

>Urn, mango and wards aren't save items
Wards prevent your carry from being ganked, how is that not a save item? Mangoing your Antimage so he has enough mana to blink also doesn't save him apparently

>Nice logical fallacy
Why am I even bothering

Not even joking you should play LoL
The Team that wins laning stage wins the game 9 times out of ten and there are no items you can use on your allies to save them. Sounds like the perfect game for you

The save items don't affect balance of support heroes alone, they affect the balance of the entire game and every position. It's not just "omni/dazzle/whatever can save you", it's that any hero in the game can buy items that can pool survivability to teammates. That includes aggressive supports with powerful disables and earlygame skills, and cores, too.

Supports shouldn't need designated cheap defensive support items that are extremely powerful for their cost, because they're already meant to have largely networth-independent abilities that are extremely powerful at various stages of the game.

The save items don't affect balance of support heroes alone, they affect the balance of the entire game and every position. It's not just "omni/dazzle/whatever can save you", it's that any hero in the game can buy items that can pool survivability to teammates. That includes aggressive supports with powerful disables and earlygame skills, and cores, too.

Supports shouldn't need designated cheap defensive support items that are extremely powerful for their cost, because they're already meant to have largely networth-independent abilities that are extremely powerful at various stages of the game.

explain this dotards

Matu is a gulagite

boobies

>tfw no arab hero

i want qop to be my mommy!

>what is techies

He actually is a gulagite
He confirmed it at ask.fm a while ago

Enter Gay Mode

what the fuck is that item next to a soul ring in his inventory

Iron Talon, it was removed

what a dumb name as it looks like some kind of shield, but thx for answer

test

Why are you all still wasting your time and your lives posting in these threads and playing / watching this dead game?
Isn't it time you moved on?

Honest questions here.

what were you banned for?

Memer Disk removed from the game

New item :

Boots of Aeon

Boots of Speed (450)
Vitality Booster (1100)
Ring of Protection (175)

+250 HP
+2 Armor
+2% Damage Dealt
+12.5% Status Resistance

Passive : Combo Breaker
Whenever you take damage and your health falls below 70% a strong dispel is applied and you gain a 2.5 second buff that causes all damage you deal and are dealt to be reduced to zero. Only triggers on player based damage.

Cooldown : 100

Buying the same item upgrades it into Boots of Aeon 2 which grants double the stats and Combo Breaker cooldown set into 95 seconds.

oh

>3/4 games decied in less than thirty minutes

>Kuroky is the first Dota 2 pro to reach this milestone, though four others are less than 100 away from the 1000 win mark. They are Gustav 's4' Magnusson (969), Johan 'BigDaddyN0tail' Sundstein (965), Clement 'Puppey' Ivanov (938) and Tal 'Fly' Aizik (930).

b-but where is my guy dendi the SUPPA MIDA!

>Is ok when newbee does it.

>you need to win games to even be a part of this stat
OH NO NO NO NO NONONONONONONONO!

*wheez*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

>Pro player makes idiotic build once in pub
>Everybody makes idiotic build every game
>Pro player makes good rotation or generally good play
>Nobody does good rotation or good ply ever

Really makes you think

New item :

Written Truth of Freedom ($4.99)
Reduces your low priority game count by 2 everytime you win.
Lasts for 6 hours

Glowing Orb of Tranquility ($34.99)
Chance of reducing your 6-month ban by months or days.
Chance increases on every use.

2% chance to remove 3 months ban (once per account)
7% chance to remove 1 month ban (once per account)
25% chance to remove 7 days
66% chance to remove 1 day.

Cache of Exiled ($6.99)
Chance to get Glowing Orb of Tranquility, $3 Steam Wallet Code, 2 more cache or random item set!

based

anyone here banned for 6 months?

What is the verdict of game 5 of the kiev major grand finals?
goat?

>Aegis, an item that has always been very important and can secure a game/put you back in one
>Rosh is just important because of memeback

>get roshan hero
>win 20 min

wow

I asked for any good NTR animes.
Please dont ban me, im just answering

>Rosh has always been important
>Icefraud buffed doing rosh every year

Explain that dotard - oh wait, you can't.

gud tim

>black

doomed to fail, this guy is the euro bulba.

Veeky Forums.org/banned you tard

>MAGE-
Is this dude even human?

can i do it before ti8 guys?

>german and arab in the same team
is this liquid 2.0?

So chappie is going back to CIS?

imagine if there was a player with bulbas knowledge of dota, and with blacks skills
literally the perfect player.

>All these people complaining about Reddit changing Dota for the worse.
You niggers probably have a Reddit tab open as you're reading this right now.

>People had been crying about Rosh advantage since forever until Icefrog move it into the middle of the river
>Memeback make rosh important.

yeah but you still can't deny the fact that taking change ideas from there is a stupid move

Who is the scariest dota hero for me it's night stalker but underlord is also scary

>mage-

Yeah, I completely agree, my point is how dumb it is that so many posters, not even just from /d2g/ but from the majority of Veeky Forums will post for hours about how shit Reddit is while being complete hypocrites. Visiting, and probably posting on the site. If the site is so bad don't go on it, that's what I do.

>liberals made a bot to spread racism awareness
how good is that?