Romans Used this

>Romans Used this

Other urls found in this thread:

wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur'an,_Hadith_and_Scholars:Toilet_Etiquette
themarshallproject.org/documents/2191181-mortality-in-local-jails-and-state-prisons#.4pZaJqlnL
youtube.com/watch?v=jSJQEl5vcAo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For what though?

That's quite ingenious. My only problem with it is that it was shared.

Wiping their asses and feeding Jesus.

In that order?

My problem would be that shared or not after the first wipe your sponge is shitty.
And they didn't even use soap.

Better than DESIGNATED SHITTING STICKS that Japanese used to rub their asses with.

>yfw a gladiator choked himself with one of these things rather than be mauled to gruesome death by wild animals.

>your boy pussy gets pounded at an orgy
>wipe ass with a shared sponge
hemorrhoids must have been a huge problem

The Muslims were more enlightened in this regard.

Narrated Salman al-Farsi: It was said to Salman: Your Prophet teaches you everything, even about excrement. He replied: Yes. He has forbidden us to face the qiblah at the time of easing or urinating, and cleansing with right hand, and cleansing with less than three stones, or cleansing with dung or bone.

wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur'an,_Hadith_and_Scholars:Toilet_Etiquette

>later peoples had more understanding of hygiene
Shocking

>cleansing with dung

>Let me just wipe up my shit with some shit I found on the ground

Truly the America of the ancient world

Actually, smooth river stones make really good TP.

Source: personal experience

Which in turn is better than Indians smearing shit on their hands.

One gladiator was so afraid to fight that he went to the bathroom before the fight and deliberately choked himself to death with one of these.

They did soak it in vingear after use

Honestly it's not bad, the only problem was that they had to share them. It's probably better than dry toilet paper, toilet paper fucking sucks, you need some kind of moisture to properly clean yourself, you can't just wipe with some dry sheet and expect to properly clean your ass. Toilet paper also shreds your ass to pieces if you need to wipe more than 5 times, the sponge doesn't.

>Saudis use this

Hesus was the original ATM guy

Just make sure you don't have one less after use

>Indians use this

>tfw when my bathroom sink is just bellow my waistline so I can turn around and wash my butthole with water and soap for extra cleanliness when I feel like it
>tfw cool water in your butthole is surprisingly refreshing

>Chinese use this

Truly they are the master race

source?

Seneca (Epistles, LXX.20)
>You need not think that none but great men have had the strength to burst the bonds of human servitude; you need not believe that this cannot be done except by a Cato, - Cato, who with his hand dragged forth the spirit which he bad not succeeded in freeing by the sword. Nay, men of the meanest lot in life have by a mighty impulse escaped to safety, and when they were not allowed to die at their own convenience, or to suit themselves in their choice of the instruments of death, they have snatched up whatever was lying ready to hand, and by sheer strength have turned objects which were by nature harmless into weapons of their own.

>For example, there was lately in a training-school for wild-beast gladiators a German, who was making ready for the morning exhibition; he withdrew in order to relieve himself, - the only thing which he was allowed to do in secret and without the presence of a guard. While so engaged, he seized the stick of wood, tipped with a sponge, which was devoted to the vilest uses, and stuffed it, just as it was, down his throat; thus he blocked up his windpipe, and choked the breath from his body. That was truly to insult death! Yes, indeed; it was not a very elegant or becoming way to die; but what is more foolish than to be over-nice about dying? What a brave fellow! He surely deserved to be allowed to choose his fate! How bravely he would have wielded a sword! With what courage he would have hurled himself into the depths of the sea, or down a precipice! Cut off from resources on every hand, he yet found a way to furnish himself with death, and with a weapon for death

>Hence you can understand that nothing but the will need postpone death. Let each man judge the deed of this most zealous fellow as he likes, provided we agree on this point, - that the foulest death is preferable to the fairest slavery.

What's up with romans and vinegar?

Bidet master race.

baste

The correct procedure should be showering after you shit

if you only use TP or you use the fucking sink you are a barberian worthy of OP

It goes well with olive oil.

Honestly if you were living in Rome about 200ad you would find nothing lacking in terms of hygiene,entertainment or the majesty of the city itself.

It was truly the greatest place to be alive at any time.

wtf I love Seneca now

they would dip it in wine to sanitize it and the area it was being applied actually pretty nice

>And they didn't even use soap.

The Romans didn't have soap. The Gauls did though.

I wish i could describe death by shit sponge so eloquently

The soap they used back then was fairly harsh on the skin, but insanely easy to make.

Thanks, organic chemistry.

I want to thank you for sharing this. I saved it in a memo on my phone and in the memory banks of my heart. It will be a long time before I forget of the death by suffocating on a sponge used for 'the vilest uses'. Does a modern example of such romanticism exist? If I read Seneca soon, it will be because of you. Thank you user.

isnt that what muslims do?

No, muslims are very particular about cleanliness, it's built into their religion. In India they often use their left hand to clean themselves after pooping, so it's rude to shake hands or eat food with that hand.

We wipe using toilet paper with the left hand before using a bidet. There is such splendid irony in the Americans who believe themselves superior for their nationality are also the ones walking around with tangible shit on their underwear. It is as barbaric as it is amusing.

>inb4 we have perfected using no more than toilet paper

Sure, but perfecting your use of a diaper would still mean you're walking around with shit smeared on your crotch. In fact, you might as well use a diaper, at least you don't wear those more than once like you do the shit-stained underwear.

t. Edward Shitterhands

an easy to produce acid that is also edible

Fucking barbarians, rubbing solidified fat all over their bodies. They deserve another Alesia.

Rubbing oils on yourself was the same concept.

> a Muslim
> being superior at anything ever

Wew, Ahmed.

Romans and greeks used olive oil

Doesn't that sting?

T B H
B
H

source? I doubt they use toilets, or wipe for that matter.

>three stones
so that's where it comes from

Holy shit, Germans had a scat fetish even back then

I want barabarlovers to get out of here. Olives are sacred and the cleanliness of their oil is divinely assured, as is that of several other trees. This is a far cry from bathing in a hog's innards. I bet you have the oiled decapitated heads of the cives Romani you burned in last night's wicker man nailed to your front doors too, you giant fucking stern-eyed savages.

You do know that soap to this day is either made using animal fat or plant oil?

You're welcome. That story sticks with me as well. That poor bastard's life must have been exceptionally shitty (no pun intended) for him to choose that as a way to die. I imagine that it would be the equivalent of choking on a piece of used toilet paper.

>Does a modern example of such romanticism exist?
Suicides in local jails are the leading cause of death for U.S. inmates, according to this report by the Bureau of Justice Statistics
themarshallproject.org/documents/2191181-mortality-in-local-jails-and-state-prisons#.4pZaJqlnL

>If I read Seneca soon, it will be because of you. Thank you user.
Reading Seneca is a lot like reading the Bible, his letters are even called 'epistles'. It's not exactly light reading, but if you pay careful attention you'll find quality nuggets of wisdom and stories like that one with the beast-man which will bring ancient Rome to life.

What a brave fellow!

It's common knowledge m8. All you have to do is Google it

If you kill yourself do you win? Any Canadians want to weigh in on this?

>>Actually, smooth river stones make really good TP.
how does it work

>Always had a bidet but never really got around using it for whatever reason
>One day decide to give it a go because it was master race to do so
>After taking a shit and wiping so as to remove the biggest part of the shit i sit on the bidet
>Open the faucet to its maximum, unaware of how fucking strong the water jet would be
>It ravages my anus, gets inside my intestines
>literally raped by a jet stream of water
>feel the water inside me
>start feeling dizzy and unwell
>the pleasure of being cummed inside they said
>decide that I should remove this water from inside me so i get back on the toilet to expel it
>spray the whole bowl with shitwater
>Man who thought he shat all shit, shits an additional bit of shit he didn't even know he still had.jpg
>start feeling good again
>wipe ass again
>perfectly clean

Why didn't romans adopt soap from them? Did they just go "lol barbarian things" and ignored it like pants?

Oil does basically the same thing on a molecular level.

What if I required more than 3 stones?

>not using a bidet slave

it is an acid and a staple of med cooking. it is also a really good household cleaner. eliminates cat pee smell better than anything.

Only if you've got hemorrhoids

Yes but it keeps the anus aesthetically cleanly and bleached for whenever you present it to your fellow Romani men at the baths

How the fuck do you think it works?

>no one posted this yet

youtube.com/watch?v=jSJQEl5vcAo

Came here to post this

The Japanese shitting stick came from China.

And YOU DONT USE THE FUCKING STICK ALONE TO CLEAN YOUR ASS. Its use is basically to wrap a paper around the stick and then wipe your ass. But it wasnt a thing up until the 500s AD when paper-making became dirt fucking cheap in China. By 1300s, it was so cheap that Chinese started making purpose built toilet paper.

The Chinese - and by extension, East Asia- used to view cleaning your ass with a paper in hand as utterly disgusting. Might as well wipe your ass with your hand for all they care.

enemas are amazing

holy shit

I do not know

Don't they use water and their hand now like the Muslims?

Didn't know the Romans were fatties....

jej

Muslims didn't have toilet paper before the Western influence came to them. My mother who lived in north Africa for some years (before you ask me : she's not an Arab) told me that until not long ago, they used their hand and water to wipe themselves. I was shocked but I believe it, and Europeans probably did the same before toilet paper was invented. That is probably the reason behind the Left hand/Right hand separation in religions.

The example of suicides in prison serving as a similar case of such romanticism is an interesting one, but I disagree with it. Of course I know nothing of the gladiator, but considering the customs of the time, it is not unlikely that he was imprisoned as a slave or without any reasonable cause, which cannot be said of the modern prisoner. Suicide to avoid a death that one has earned as a result of criminality lacks all the romanticism I find in the suicide of a man who would sooner kill himself than die for the entertainment of others. I suppose those who are wrongfully sentenced to death today might be in are similar situation as the gladiator's, but I find it hard to believe that the suicide of such a prisoner would only be motivated by an ideal.

Do you have any specific works you'd recommend, or a compilation published as one collection?

You will be sentenced to death

It is the reason why the left hand is seen as dirty

I use water and my left hand and then use strong soap and clean properly. It's really no big deal, people wipe and poop touches and then they wash it off all the time.

Yes the distinctions between right and left hand certainly were influenced by lets say hygene issues.

But a probably even bigger part played weapon usage.

Left hand for the shield and right hand for the weapon.
(After all switching it up would cause an openin in your little shield wall/speerwall of doom.

That's for example why pretty much everywhere we greet each other by showing our empty right hand in one way or another.

Basically saying ... look i don't have anything to harm you with.

Indians had extensive plumbing, drainage and bath systems before most people in world had something that could be called civilisation

SINISTER
I
N
I
S
T
E
R

>"I wish my arse with a rag on a sick"

>Moderns used this

>meanwhile Indians still doesn't POO IN LOO or even wipe at all

yeah who else would use little boys to get his genitals cleaned but the messenger of god (who also sucked his grandsons dick)

>Whenever Allah's Apostle went to answer the call of nature, I along with another boy used to accompany him with a tumbler full of water. (Hisham commented, "So that he might wash his private parts with it.)"

heh.

>the America of the ancient world
holy shit
>sponge stick
>"serve ! fetch mea tabula"
>"serve ! ambulas mihi "
>"SERVE ! CYBI !"

Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but why put the sponge on the end of a stick? I mean, that's got to make it awkward to get it down and around your ass where you need it.

Why not just have a sponge, and then wash your hands afterwards? You're probably going to do that after taking a dump.

>but why put the sponge on the end of a stick?
to create ab idiom

>Why not just have a sponge, and then wash your hands afterwards? You're probably going to do that after taking a dump.

Do you put your latrine by your water, or carry a ton of water wherever you go?

So modern Indians are so stupid that they reject the sanitation practices of their ancestors in favor of street shitting?

As I understand it, the sponges were used communally in public latrines. This means that after you shit, you use the sponge, and leave it for the next person to do the same. The stick allows you to minimize contact with the shitty communal sponge, and to keep it isolated to touching your asshole area.

>he was imprisoned as a slave or without any reasonable cause, which cannot be said of the modern prisoner

you don't know america

that sounds awfully anti hygienic

Yea, that's not something I would want to use either.

Actually they were rinsed in vinegar which kills most, if not all, the shit-bacteria on it