/mhg/ Monster Hunter General

Bears Edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous flare

Dragon's Dogma is better than Monster Hunter. If only they'd bring DDO to the west.

>Re-use assets for years and years, accumulate insane amount of money
>instead of using that money for World, they literally make new textures for existing rigs and change animations in small ways
>AI is still 3ds tier (monsters can see you from the next zone but they'll act as if they're in old games with loading zones)
>streamlined for western soyboy audience
But hey, it finally left handheld ghetto right?

Post best decorations

Well I have all the Palico gadgets I think, do you reckon I need to max them all out? I don't want to take off the plunderblades ;_;

>tfw reading reddit tears about people abusing them with bows when theyre trying to carve

GODDAMN SIRENS FUCK OFF I'M TRYING TO FOCUS HERE
EVERY FIVE FUCKING SECONDS ANOTHER ONE DRIVES BY
ALL SHITTING DAY
HOLY FUCK

You operating, /mhg/?
Post your hunter and get judged harshly.

What are the best skills for CB? I know Artillery is one because it affects SAED

Give me one good reason why I should make Nerg LS instead of Diablos LS

unf

>playing online with a GS user
>politely wait for him to get a charge off
>just stands there

After you get the other gadgets the gackalaka dudes spawn there during the night. You got to sneak into their little camp to get the last gadget, which lets your cat throw bombs at things.

What do you guys think about the streamlined, easier resource gathering in World?

You tell them bro! WE will bring this game down

It's time to apologize to 3U, 4U and X/XX.

All better, more complete games than MHW. Way more content, more challenge, more to craft, better online system, better fps (for the most part), way better monster rosters, way more weapon variety visually, blood, no annoying ass scout flies, free online, no paid cosmetics, no broken mantles

From what I've read, you actually get the quest in Astera. So try there?

Why the hell should a Bow User craft elemental bows for each element when the black diablos bow outdamages all of them?

Dragon pierce is the only damaging bow strategy, so no point in going elemental

So which set is more lewd, Legiana's thigh highs and open armpits, or Odoggo's open back and hip windows?

>better fps
As if the start wasn't retarded enough that one was just too much

>play evade +3 lance in 4u
>think I’m hot shit, soloing 140 shaggy Maggy and shit
>try to switch to guard lamce in mhw
>almost triple cart to Anjanth
Damn that shit was the biggest crutch ever. I’m a happy LS main now

Seriously, the content of World is so bare. They probably knew they'd get away with it by hyping up the game to get as many new players as possible.

Do you have the meowotov cocktail?

We're sitting in a market environment where companies like Konami are axing all their high profile videogames in favor of pachinko. You're bitching about Capcom being jewish with Monster Hunter's budget. Fact of the matter is the only way to convince Capcom to localize these games is to give them money despite their bullshit. Otherwise the whole series will end up like, you know, that other MH game that'll never get localized.

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Whats MHW endgame? I beat all elder dragons, final boss and crafted armor/weapons I wanted.
So now all I have left are tempered monsters(meh) and decorations farm?

And they need to be maxed, or do you just need to have all of them?

At what point does the palico's orchestra gadget become able to dispel stun?

I might be bad, but it seems to me like the elemental ammo does trash damage, even against stuff weak to it, compared to almost every other damaging ammo type.

Should I mix alloy pieces to get sharpener 3 or just go full Odongo?

Using a gunlance kind of means I'm literally always out of sharpness

The FPS in world is so slow that even the menu's lag. Go open 4U right now and tell me it doesn't have fucking over 2x the fps of World.

Now that everyone has had their hands on MHW for about a week it makes it extra funny to think about how Gaijin Hunter and Arekkz said "This is the best Monster Hunter game of all time".

And people applauded, cheered and were ecstatic over it and shit.
Oh wow.

Why would I ever use mega fertilizer?

2 normal ones cost 200 points and give me 5 Quests of Plant Harvest Up (L)
1 normal one costs 250 points and gives me 4 quests of Plant Harvest Up (L)

Just seems so point inefficient, unless Mega Fertilizer has some hidden buff to rare drops.

And the best part is, they're all on Nintendo consoles! WaHOO!

while its nice to not need to spend hours bent over to collect herbs i find myself picking up everything because of it and actually running into inventory issues

On an unrelated note, are there any armors that give HH related bonuses besides the bone dickshield?
Or do i have to farm for some specific gem, and if so where does that come from?

Well no shit, all games are built for the Pro versions now

BING

is he operating two hunters at the same time?

I believe people suggest odo with eyepatch?

This. We should all go back to XX on the Switch™

>tfw no pro
How worth it is it...

What is the top item required to upgrade Ironside Charm I into II? It's the Guard charm.

Thanks

>place three LBG mines down
>two mega barrel bombs on top of that
>my fucking cat puts two meowlotov cocktails down with them too
>Diablos charges into it
>Audio fucking shatters eardrums

>approaching endgame content
>have to stop using odogaron

What do? I want to wear it but it's just 6 rarity.

any active squads recruiting?

Odo With Eyepatch is a great HR GL set, farm up an artillery charm too.
Honestly I'm having a hard time trying any new sets because it's so damn convenient.

>get to the crystal area in MHW
>expect some interesting monsters
>it's just the same crap
How long were they working on this game again?

>I’m a happy LS main now

Make HR Ido?

Yeah, it's objectively good.

It's just that I have aesthetics to consider as well, the alloy pieces are pretty

so you can get all 4 buffs stacked up easier for when you get soft soil, which extends everything by 5 quests

where do you get eyepatch?

>accumulate insane amount of money
thats not how it works retard, capcom doesnt just keep the fucking money and have made tons of bad decisions that made them lose a ton of it (RE6 for example).
>instead of using that money for World, they literally make new textures for existing rigs and change animations in small ways
literally and figuratively false in every way possible, there's way more that go into worlds visuals than just "textures"
also compare old rathalos to the new one and tell me the animations are changed in small ways
> (monsters can see you from the next zone but they'll act as if they're in old games with loading zones)
also wrong, this happens for certain monsters but even then they might try to snipe you on the way out, and some will literally just chase you and not give a fuck (this happened to me with teo and nerg)

Want to try hammer, is this a good setup:

Dragonking
Dober Mail B
Kaiser Vambraces
Bazel Coil B
Dober Greaves B
Earplugs Charm 3

This gives 5 Attack Boost, 3 WE and 5 Earplugs. I would switch out Earplugs but i don´t know what other skills to use for Hammer.

>not just mastering evade and counter lance

>Can't wear what you want
>Have to wear endgame monster memeshit to fully get the bonuses
Kill me

No you just need to have them. I got it and I dont think I ever even equipped the shield one.

man, kushy is such a pushover when you have flash pod

however im waiting for his g rank version and his cousin rusty with the dark tornado 1 hit kill

>no transmog
It's inexcusable.

What's the LR armor to build to carry until HR
I've been running the standard starter and don't really feel like I need more armor just yet

Can’t evade shit without 18 frames

but you can though
unless you care so much about saving couple mins on kill time, just hunt for fun user

I mostly made do with Anjy's armor.

Redpill me on negative affinity weapons

Will Capcom ever put this in?

Bone, then Zorah when you hit HR since they're both good and easy to get.

Negative affinity doesn't affect SAED damage, which is why the Diablos CB is objectively the best CB in the game.

theres one transmog set in already

do they even have tranmog for the online MH, frontier?

Kush is a fucking asshole, wait until you fight tempered kush
>Wind up, stunned from 20 feet away
>instantly shoots you with wind, killing you in 1 hit

I'm a retard who just killed Nergi, making Odogaron set. Which pieces I should get, alpha or beta? No idea what is good.

Thanks in advance!

I got a PS4 slim and I don't have fps issues.
wtf are you talking about.

.Seeing as they're talking about expanding the in-game appearance change due to player feedback, if enough people bitch about transmog they might patch it in at some point

What's that nigga

Samurai.

Samurai

HEY LOSERS, HELP ME TAKE ON A [SPOILER]low rank[/SPOILER] BARROTH TO PROVE HOW BIG YOUR E-PENISES ARE.

ID: 3cn8CZ6Mrctx

Ctrl + S user

>living in a nigger infested shithole

I forget what it's called, but there's one that gives you extra phials. It's on High Metal Coil.

Alpha is fine, beta is useless imo since there's better sets to decoration up. Odo A+eyepatch is great for HR.

>All these people acting like not having transmog in worldis the worst thing ever
>World is probably the most full set friendly game in the series
>In a series that has only had transmog 1 time
>Frontier doesn't count fuck you
Holy shit go play an older game, look like this, then come back and cry about it.

You mean "in-game appearance" as in "my character looks different in cutscenes because I don't know how to use character creators"?
Normies still upset over that? lol

Don't fight Kush without earplugs and wind negate.
It's
Just
Not
Worth it

Ok I'm hooked. Which portable MH should I definitely get?

What the actual fuck dude
Low rank barroth?

whats the best weapon augmentation i should use? or another way to phrase this. what is the worst augmentation?

hey anybody can tell you what the deal with the slots shape in weapon? i notice for some reason the slot (the grey jewel icon) look smaller at lower rank weapon and a bit fuller at higher rank weapon

Menus in 4U are laggy as fuck too, on o3DS.
>hit menu button in hunt
>hit arrows to go to thing I want real quick and press A
>literally nothing happens and I have to do it again two seconds later

World is the most clownsuit friendly game to date though. It's also not far fetched to criticize since a transmog system exists but is limited to paid cosmetics.

3u and 4u are the only other good MH

Been using greatsword ever since I got the game, so now I want to try out a ranged weapon.

What are the best bows, light bow guns or heavy bow guns in the game?

is it just the massive influx of newfags or has this place declined since 4u more than it has in nearly a decade?

maybe it's just the community in general, because i'm not used to seeing all kinds of backwater shitters bring up time attack even though they themselves would probably take 30 minutes on a high rank rathian without endgame damage skills

Since I never see any squads posted for Xbox1 I just made one.

If you want it drop your gt

Affinity or attack for weapon augment? Normally I go attack, but 10% affinity is a lot.

Anyone know what monsters can´t be captured?

Which armor set is most metal as fuck

Xeno was so offensively bad it lowered my opinion of this game slightly
Is this what Frontier players go through every day?

Like, I literally cannot fathom how people bitch about Valfalk after that

Alright bros, just got back from walmart with a new controller let's hunt.

I only got like $15 trade in bonus for the other controller at gamestop, what a sham

Would it be fine to use some beta pieces if I'm not maining blades and thus don't care about sharpness skill?