/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

"ENOUGH" edition

On the last episode of /dbfzg/: >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Network colors (the square next to the name)
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Huh?
What the fuck
Teen gohan can super dash in and kick himself out of it before I can punish?

>lil edgehan is literally pure shit worse character tier
>jobhan is top tier
How did this happen?

2H will still beat it, right?

>jobgeta is best character in the game
>godgeta is awfully mediocre

>Teen Gohan
>edgy
Being really pissed because a robot died, isn't edgy, user

Every character can because super dash is not fucking punishable you retards

Slaughtering bug children that are scared shitless is edgy.
Holding off Cell's death so he can beat him some more is edgy as fuck.
Kid Gohan is just like a bullied child who shoots up a school.

Reminder that there are retards in this very thread who bought a stick specifically for this game.

>Slaughtering bug children that are scared shitless is edgy.

Cell, please.

>you'll never be 16th
>you'll never have the body of greek god and a fitting jawline
>you'll never have sick grabs, huge damage and ability to reverse the entire game in one move
>you'll never come out of 21's vagina

Im playing Hit/Piccolo/Gohan(A)

But I feel like im missing something

Give me a hint mates

You need to replace Hit and Piccolo. Like what the fuck even is your team.

Nothing wrong with Piccolo and Hit

Characters with good synergy?

>there are unironically people in this very thread who will defend teen gohan and try to convince you he isn't the worst character in the game
>they're gonna say some irrelevant shit about bomb loops since that's the only thing he's known for besides eating ass

>How dare you play characters you like instead of tierwhoring

What is your team then user?

if its the cookiecutter trio I will just move on

I will never play this shit competitively and I just want to play the characters I like instead of following tier lists and shit like that

piccolo is the worst character. teen gohan is probably 2nd worst with his trex stubby arms. both are playable though. no one is so bad they are trash.

>piccolo is the worst character

So what are the confirmed bottom five characters?
Piccolo, Gotenks, Teen Gohan, and who else?

Maybe Yamcha and Krillin?

Last I looked Piccolo was on like 7 out the top 10 teams

>Piccolo is bad

I want this meme to stop

>Piccolo is anything above mid-tier-at-best tier
almost as bad as the "yamcha is a god" meme

I'm finally going to start learning Black. Any advice on how to use him or recommended combos I should try to learn? Also can't decide on a team. I really want to learn Cell too, also Freeza and 18, but I just can't decide... I know that I DON'T want SS Vegeta, SS Goku, Trunks, or any Gohan, since I'm tired of using them and want to branch out.

I think piccolo is good but honestly everyone with them on their teama barely uses them. Its 18 and cell that do work while Piccolo is just there it seems. Streams ive watched at least

chris g and nakkiel both put him undisputed bottom.

Give me 3 reasons why piccolo is bad

>Godlike range
>Ranged grabs
>Decent 1 power energy attack
>Standard 3 power attack
>Assist good when with distance

Worst five so far would be;

1. Nappa
2. Ginyu
3. Yamcha
4. Teen G
5. ... I don't know. It's like a six way tie for fifth worst.

Reminder that if you have more than one saiyan on your team you're garbage

I have not yet tried Gotenks and Kid Gohan but Yamcha and Krullin are not so weak. Same for Piccolo.

You are right

Everyone should just play goku black

>dominate 80% of the game
>Opponent literally getting pushed into a corner and getting destroyed
>has his last guy
>It's EL BLANCO GOHAN with sparking
>Lose hard, not even a contest

Nerfs when?

nappa is no where near the bottom 5. neither is ginyu.

Doesn't matter. You don't get remotely accurate tiers from B-tier gatekeepers a week after launch.

>punish
DBFZ has an attack level system, where H moves beat M, which beat L. Super dashes are considered M moves, so put two and two together. You're not actually punishing the super dash, you're beating it out with a H move. Good buttons will beat SDs too.

>Ginyu
>Bad
Elucidate, because that's wildly off the mark.

holy shit my man are you playing on a 3DS?

Whatver then. Even better when I body with best boy

Piccolo does not have good range at all.
Grabs are nice
His lvl 1 is awful for dhc because it is so narrow and low to the ground.
His lvl 3 is good.
His assist is alright for pressure but loses to pretty much any attack or a dash. It's also very unreliable for combo extensions.

>be me
>try to learn black
>"oh hey there's a tutorial let's try it"
>tutorial #1: mash L for a light autocombo!
>tutorial #2: mash M for a medium autocombo!
>tutorial #3: mash H for a heavy autocombo!
>tutorial #4: 214S for a binding kamehameha!
>tutorial #5: 236HS for a holy light grenade ultimate attack!
>tutorial #6: LMH! no, seriously, this is tutorial #6... hit three buttons, that's it
>tutorial #7: j.H 5L 5M 2M 5S - OK, it taught me something. I can use 2M -> 5S as a setup for other combos I'll learn outside of this shitty tutorial.
>tutorial #8: 5H 236M 236HS for... another holy light grenade ultimate attack! WOW!
>tutorial #9: 2H H j.LMH 214S 236LM... OK, this one was alright. Easy enough to punish Super Dashers online with.
>tutorial #10: 5LMH H j.MS 236LM MH 214LM... OK, this one was pretty decent too. Waste of 5 meters for the damage but it does give me some ideas.
So overall maybe only 3 were kind of useful.

so do i get anything for 100% completion in story mode?

Do you not play on low settings?
I want the best frame rate I can get, I don't really care about graphics, I just don't want to lose even a single frame if I can help it

you get a pat on the back

>lowers his resolution to lowest setting for best frame rate on his toaster
>actually ends up playing worse because he cant decipher half the stuff that is going on

Why do all kid buu players have 20f delays

I didn't know there was a ipad version

i have a decent rig so i can pull 60 frames comfortably
not gonna play with everything at max cause i don't wanna take screenshots, at least not yet
i mean i understand if you don't have a good rig but damn that's some tough shit

>He doesn't play best team

Jokes on you I have never lost a teleport battle in 150 games

That's the power of infinite frame rate reactions

Has anyone done any testing of various graphics options for input lag comparison? I've been playing around with it, I'm just curious.

>he doesn't play on the lowest settings possible
You're never gonna be pro dude. Only ~streamers~ care about graphics.

I'm playing at a rock-solid 60fps on a 5 year old budget rig running all high settings.

>tfw I want to play Yamcha
>But everyone keeps telling me hes shit

Time to refund I guess

Those turtorials are not for you.

Low synergy.

And I run subnautica at 144 fps on high 1920x1080

But why the fuck would I do that in a fighting game that relies on split second decisions

shota gohan can't be the worst character because all of his frame data is retarded

literally 80% of his moves are either 0 on block or actively + on block

extremely wrong

>putting an utterly vanilla rekka character into an airdasher with no pushblock

this is one of the single weirdest things in DBFZ. It's not like they don't know any better.

>That gif
Don't forget your umbrella

....................u....................n....................g.......you have disconnected from the lobby

Doo doo doo doot
Doo doo doo doot

Doo doo doo doot
Doo doo doo doot

There's no "worst charcter" in this game no matter what namekians on Veeky Forums tell you

Every charcter has his strengths and all can be quite effectively at any rank

>There's no "worst charcter" in this game no matter what namekians on Veeky Forums tell you
lol whatever you say, Piccolo main.

no pushblock is a BUFF to someone like yamcha, are you daft?

he's one of a handful of characters that can convert air hits into hard knockdown by just doing buttons -> L special move, so he's actually pretty solid in the air combined with his pretty good buttons

Bad dhc paths. Only one good assist.

It's not an awful team but a member swap gets you a lot more

Don't reply to me you filthy earthling scum

Dumbass.

>literally 80% of his moves are either 0 on block or actively + on block
?
what about compared to goku?

No. You don't get it.
The whole point of rekkas is that they are a pressure tool. In a game with pushblock, they let you keep pressure going in situations where normal blockstrings would not.

In DBFZ they're just irrelevant.

If your opponent somehow got Gohan to level 7 you probably already lost at that point. Nevermind the fact he has level 3 sparking. He could probably kill you in one touch with just one bar.

So who are the DLC characters going to be?

I love how in the first few days aftet launch, everyone was saying Yamcha was top tier because you could confirm into his level 3.

And then we found out everyone can do that.

>Arcade mode (hard)
>beat first three stages handily, third stage was only moderately tougher
>4th stage
>Buu, Kid Buu, Goku
>gauge fills at 10x the speed
>AI acquires autistic levels of coordination
>attacks do twice as much damage
>"UUUUGAH GO GO GO" *screenwide explosion* *swap* *extinction beam* *swap* *kamehameha* *teleports behind u* *Lv3 Super*
>You died, is this awesome y/n?

Tier list in this game is mostly useless.

Many aren't good enough to squeeze all that advantage in the first place and mechanics are too universal on characters for it to matter for actual damages.

This isn't some zangief vs Akuma level move disparities

Hugo vs Sagat

TURN ON AUTO ACCEPT FOR RANKED MATCHES HOLY FUCK OR STOP AFK WHEN YOUR TRYING TO MATCHMAKE

I swear the top level AI on hard arcade mode can just 100-0 you with a single level 3.

Valle styled so hard that evo.

the ai isn't even that smart, the problem is that it builds meter like crazy and uses a lot of level 3s that do 80% damage

So I decided on using Black with 18. I'm going with a "fuck you, Torankusu" team theme. Black nuked his timeline and the androids terrorized it for years. Who should be #3 on my team?

>Bad dhc paths.
everything combos into everything else, and all three of them have spam friendly supers that can DHC into something safe. What are you talking about?

>Only one good assist.
I assume you mean kid buu? 21 assist is great. fireball assists are generally better at keeping pressure going than beams (which are more about instantly eating up space) and since it trades with beams it's automatically a high tier assist. on top of that it's a fast single hit that only lifts them up a little bit, making it great for combos

lastly people are sleeping on fat buu assist (and the character in general, really). it's another fast single hit that's good for combos (even better because this one actually has quite a bit of hitstun, you have enough time after landing this assist to jump up and land snapback for example) but it also eats up a lot of space while blowing up superdashes.

every character can use the other two's asssists for the main stuff they want assists for (21 using it to combo after her dive or to set up combos into power drain, majin using it to combo after cartwheel or to set up fat throw resets, kid buu using it after his air grab to save meter, ect ect)

the only real failing is that they lack an automatic "I control this space now" from fullscreen function, but the characters themselves have a bunch of those.

>finally getting reflect as a main part of your game
So much pressure is so easily negated by reflect, it's ridiculous

Everyone is doing fake as fuck blockstrings into things like 6M or doing 2H homing dash and all of it gets stopped and punished by reflect.

tell me how iron fist used his rekkas to keep pressure going in the face of pushblock

Fighting Hit is the worst since I'm too much of a brainlet to understand what's going on.
>teleport dashes across the screen
>scared and hold block in the corner since I don't know how to deal with this character who was ripped straight from xeno2 meta
>he command grabs me while his hands are still in his pockets
>instant confirm into level 1
>instant dhc into level 1
>instant dhc into level 3
>damage boost is so high that my assist characters die
why

Just jump and you neutralize over half of Hit's pressure.

Hit/Piccolo/A.Gohan guy here

I swapped Piccolo for tien and im liking this so far

Hit has a command grab?

SS Vegeta or Cell

This

Hit ground pressure might be godly, but put him in the air and he loses all his teleporting gimmick apart from specials

He is talking about his his RB 1 energy attack

Oh shit, Cell is a great choice. He killed Trunks twice after all.

Thanks, user.

We're talking about VANILLA rekkas
Which is why I said, "VANILLA rekka character"

It's obviously different for characters that get mixups and other toys built in.

But Yamcha doesn't really have very much of that going on.

Vegeta for being a shit/absent father

Man, maybe A.Gohan is too honest but as I come up against tougher opponents he's been less and less useful despite his excellent normals.

It's to the point where as soon as I see a good opportunity I either DHC or tag combo into Yamcha to start the dirty stuff, because Yamcha is far more likely to take apart the opponent than Gohan.

lvl3 Sparking Vegeta is...well...he's lvl 3 Sparking Vegeta, fuck you I got a hit say goodbye to your character

Are there any characters that really work as just straight batteries? Giving Yamcha more meter to work with would make his kills quicker

how does a character with several seperate ways his rekkas can go into a crossup not have built in mixups?

how many times are you gonna move the goalposts?

Yeah it's fullscreen, mid screen, and upclose. It hits anywhere on the fucking screen really. He freezes the floor and when it touches you it "grabs" you. You can't block it.

That's a funny way of spelling Goku (Of being an absent dad)

Until 17 is release as DLC, probably Cell. Just because Cell killed him to go back in time.

>Are there any characters that really work as just straight batteries?
android 21, solar flare gives you almost half a bar just by itself and she can also eat stuff using barrier

her combos work in a way where you can generally replace meter with assists outside of taking two powers in one combo

At least goku hired a nanny.

i keep losing to these FUCKING UNGA BUNGAS

That's just an unblockable.