/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

Good Nijuichi-Go & Evil Nijuichi-Go edition

On the last episode of /dbfzg/: >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Network colors (the square next to the name)
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch
twitter.com/Pochoclo23/status/959824506247438338
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=24&v=SEt2UlxwUPw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WHEN

>Spend hours learning combos in training mode
>In actual matches, can't get anything going
>resort to using autocombos

>Evil
>no Cell dots and purple skin to differentiate from the merged version

It's worse for me, my friend. I can't even do IADs outside of training mode. You're at least not fully retarded like I am.

>scrubs that in neutral sit still and react to everything with 2H
to be fair, it becomes like a second nature when you keep fighting the xenobabies that only know how to get in with RT

Who would go well with 18 and Goku? I'm not sure who else to play and I don't really know much about 3v3 games at all

>press 2M
>they super dash over it
NOOOOOOOOOOOO MY STREET FIGHTER FUNDAMENTALS THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING TO ME

I can barely jump cancel in a real match :(

what do you feel lacking? fill a whole in your roster for that.

use your messed up AA to set up for oki into proper combo. Even if you aren't getting optimal damage, setting the opponent into a position where you can comfortably repeat your attacks is valuable.

I haven't had any issues doing combos in real matches. My problem is I don't hitconfirm well.

>there are people who unironically think 21 isn't high tier at worst

I have no idea, and I'm probably not good enough to recognise that desu

Fucking christ this is me every match.

When in doubt, and when you already have a beam assist (Goku, assuming SS), go for SS Vegeta. Feel free to keep him if you like him, or replace him once you're more familiar with the characters.

when is this coming down in price?

Reminder
clips.twitch
.tv/GleamingTacitPigBloodTrail

Yeah, cool. I was rocking him for a bit. Seems like a decent trio.

If you hold forward in the enemys' direction and press super dash while in the air you'll air dash instead of actually super dashing.
Try it out by inputting 9/7+SD. Instant airdash.

The trick is to treat the jump cancel as its own input. Dont hold down the jump input during your hits, input 9+L+L right after the M hit strikes.
Obviously you can L M L during a jump cancel but you can just let autocombo do some work until you get used to it. It's just 1 less L hit.

i really want to play her
why does she take 6 agonizing hours to unlock

Sparking Blast is fucking the gayest mechanic in this game.

Fucking dude has a 3rd life left and I get a hit into level 3 fucking TWICE and it means shit. Hits me once I'm dead.

Why the fuck does it come back DURING the fucking super animation. Horse shit honestly.

Because she's hot

Glad i suffered through the story to unlock her. She's not budging off that team of mine.

He's not wrong. Most anime players have shit fundies and rely on degenerate bullshit (YRC eating inputs and fucking everything in BB) to get anywhere. It's why the Japanese body murican players, no fundies. It's like, anime players focus on learning combos, but don't play neutral.

>dash 5L
>eat a 2H

balanced move

She's low-mid at best.

>there are people In this thread who genuinely believe that chaditz won't be the first dlc character

I don't think he will but I really want him.

sometimes, I think having a character with long combos matter, because sparking blast is limited by time, and if you can run it down by having him literally eat a combo that lasts for 30 seconds, while it doesn't kill him, it actually runs down his sparking blast which saves you from having to deal with everything sparking blast has.

The only think that's a problem with sparkling blast is the mashing out of super dash it allows. That shit makes no fucking sense.

twitter.com/Pochoclo23/status/959824506247438338

most people feel she's high tier because her normals have xbox range, she does ridiculous damage without absorbing abilities, and absorbing abilities let's her do retards level of damage.

I can tell I'm slowly but surely getting better. I'm still hot garbage and rely on basic ass combos in real matches, but my execution is getting better in training mode. I just don't know how to not panic in actual matches and how to play the neutral.

Problem is that I'm naturally a defensive player and that doesn't fly in this game at all.

>lose 4 games in a row to the same guy on random level 3 to win

its the best defensive option in the game lmfao

her normals have very average / below average range except 3M, and her damage is average

>press m in the air
>it beats super dash
>welcome to anime

you are fucking insane she is really fucking good and you haven't seen what she can do

no it doesn't, it clashes

believe what you want, I play her since day 1 and know all the tech that's been out for her

her L's have poor range but her M's and H's are noticeably bigger than most of the cast

her solo damage is poor but with some combination of assists, meter, sparking and certain power combos its quite high

literally all of her special moves are better than average, and she has probably the single best set of supers in the whole game (her level 1 in particular is crazy, it's basically "win the ground level for free")

her assist is one of a few that trades with beams while also being an excellent combo tool., it's easily top 10 if not top 5

I'll side with my eyes and the professional japs who btfo all western anime players, thanks

I still haven't found a team that clicks with me. I hope the DLC characters do. I'm also just terrible.

just pick who you find the easiest to win with

No

Her Ms beside 3M are on the average side if you take into account the momentum other characters' Ms buttons give them.
Any character can break 5k with assists, that's nothing to write home about. People do that shit with Krillin and Yamcha.
>literally all of her special moves are better than average
You must be crazy. Her ball is the worst high durability projectile in the game except maybe 18's kienzan, only one variation of her command grab works on grounded opponents, she needs to spend meter to get damage out of it AND she needs to spend meter if she wants to use it more than once per match. Her dive move is unremarkable, it's combo fodder. She has nothing on the level of a kamehameha, a teleport, a reliable command grab or a switch side / overhead special. And if you think throwing out her lvl 1 in neutral makes you "win" anything I don't even know what to say.
>her assist is one of a few that trades with beams
there are plenty of beam assists and they have more utility than her assist because the blockstun they cause is longer, add Vegeta's on top of that and all these assists are superior to hers. Being the best out of the rest of the fodder is no badge of merit, you'll still use it to cover a mixup or confirm off overhead like any fucking generic assist with little utility in this game.

picked this up today and I literally haven't been in a lobby for more than 15 seconds before getting a network error and disconnected, haven't been able to get into a match at all in the 5-6 hours I've had this game.

is there something I need to do on my end? i've read that some people are getting disconnects during matches, sure, but I can't even get to start searching for an opponent before I disconnect

yeah when have they ever been wrong before lol

you tell me

I've found that being in the lower populated lobbies helps slightly. Having said that I can't seem to go more than one match without dcing, it's been getting increasingly worse on my end.

do 2M 5M no matter what then try confirming off that

I don't even know where to start.

You do realize her level 1 is invincible almost as fast as level 3's are and comes out instantly with a bunch of fuck off explosions, right? If you hit a button before she moves you're hit and she can do it from anywhere.

I've been doing this and I always get beat out by people mashing L

>there are plenty of beam assists and they have more utility than her assist because the blockstun they cause is longer, add Vegeta's on top of that and all these assists are superior to hers.
So literally 4 assists are better than hers, is that what you're saying?

Have you never played a game in this style before? beams and projectiles have different strengths, in this case 21's assist gets to the other side of the screen a lot faster than any of the beams do.

M beats L in a clash so that's just your inferior footsies

>loses to random level 3
>doesnt bother to b8 him into using it when he has 3 bars

wow

How do you bait someone to waste their level 3?
Asking for a friend.

walk forward

I don't understand what they were thinking
3/4 of the time it'll just whiff on an incoming superdash

werks4me
I guess I should lab it and see what angles it whiffs on

you do 5H 2H on round start
no you won't hit me when i jump sd you

might be really dumb question. but what do you guys do the /second/ a match starts? i usually block back or special but that never really works too well.

>5H 2H on round start
enjoy dying

if I want to be passive I super jump back. If I want to be proactive I neutral jump and call an assist, then assert what happened

hold forward

every 16 does at least 5H
the smart ones follow up with 5S 236S on block but most just mash 2H or SD

use no clip

straight up loses to neutral jump

yea

Superdash and mash L

21 is usually my point, so I try for a cheeky 3M and then a qcb+M

up back call assist

>start comboing some nigger
>he spams alt tab to drop the fps so you drop combo

Anywhere besides Youtube I can find combos right now?

So what's up with 21's grounded level 3?
Is it supposed to only heal 2% of your blue life?

gg ez noob

Just bought the game. Why can't I find a ranked match when the lobby is full of people?

we only play training mode

I've found few, thankfully, but I do not think I've ever seen so much Super dash spam together in a single round.

Are there any anons here that play on the Xbox One?

fucking never. I wanna punch her right in the glasses. shitty ass character.

you're looking for

wait no it's

>end up playing an all Saiyan team
>Nappa/Goku/Vegeta
>figure people will think I'm cancer
>turns out people seem to hate 18, Kid Blue, and Goku Black more than anything
>no one seems to care

So is this Yamcha loop really just AAA -> Dash -> AAA -> Dash repeat?

can't fucking get it to work. Even when I dash right, they tech as soon as I start the kicks.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=24&v=SEt2UlxwUPw

What rank are you guys? I'm frieza clan 200271bp right now

You're not a cunt but you're a generic faggot.
Take pride in that.

so predict their jump and do 214m retard

So, nobody?

wish I could make Piccolo work lads

Currently at work but does super dash full meter ? And if so, should it?
How about making it cost a small meter or 2 ?

I doubt they'll end up being my main team for much longer, but thanks user. Only reason I'm really using them is because Goku/Vegeta were easy to pick up and Nappa is just fun as fuck.

If my boy Raditz were in the game he'd replace Goku for sure.

I really wanted to like Piccolo but he just doesn't do it for me. I might have to give him another chance soon though. Majin Buu too.

Fill*

I just think it should be a little bit easier to punish. yes yes you can 2h it, but if someone hits you with a blockstring and then sd's, you have an incredibly small window to 2h (you basically have to mash it during the blockstun). And once their sd hits your block they can just airdash backwards and it's incredibly difficult to chase down.

Namekian, but I do not play a lot in rancking because I'm terribly bad.

This. it's really too advantageous.

pls link high level matches, I want to see what the game looks like when the players know what they're doing

i dunno how to guard break people and i end up blocking like 10-20 seconds at a time now when its my turn to defend

i often eat/block universal overhead like 4 times in a row cause i cant figure out how to escape the pressure, 2c gets hit by it when i try to do that to it

i feel like i need a dp but none of my characters have one

2h is invicible to airborne moves on every character

thinking about fat ass buu or Nippla

I'm positive I got hit out of one with a 6M

try it with cell, do a blockstring into 5m6m gatling universal overhead and try to 2h it as him, it wont work, 2h is still susceptible to startup which is character specific