My dad has ~~ a million dollars in assets as well as a successful business. He is not a gambling man...

My dad has ~~ a million dollars in assets as well as a successful business. He is not a gambling man, how do I convince him to put 200k into ethereum right now?

Suck.
His.
Dick.

>not investing in ETH

not as daddy as fuck now, is he.? old hag that he is.

show him the trend lines from the past 2 years. talk about many such stories of people investing in crypto and becoming rich as hell.

dont sugarcoat it though, tell him its a volitile market and he may lose shit

>telling a much older, wiser and more successful person what to do with his money.

A million dollars in assets, appreciating at just 5% a year is $50,000 per year. Wh the hell should he risk his lifes fortune on internet currency?

if your Dad has a million in assets maybe you should follow his advice rather than investing in shitcoins and trying to drag him down with you

He probably doesn't have 200k liquid to just drop in to this shit, and he certainly wouldn't want to do it without finding a reasonable broker who won't fuck him over on the matter.

Fuck dude, do you know how much 20% of someone's total assets are? That's not shit you just toss around an a whim.

>Hey Dad, I know you're a successful business man, but how would you like to invest in internet "currency tokens" that can't actually be used for anything, was created by an autistic Russian tweaker, has massive volatile swings every other week, and was already hacked once after the creater dumped a large portion of his coins.

ask for a small loan of a million dollars to be repaid in five years.
look at him with a determination that can pierce the heavens as you tell you will work ass off to repay your debt in the unfortunate case you'd lose his money.

then you say you have an upcoming-crisis resistant investement.
let me tell you the boomers are shitscared about losing their priviledges on a big financial crisis.

Lel, every time I see some thing like "hes a genius with a lifetime of investment gains"

You couldve been a retarded monkey and made historical gains over last 50 years of markets

>Buying shit that is subject to a financial crisis as protection against a financial crisis.

>how do I convince my independently-successful and financially-wise father to move a full 1/5 of his assets to memecoins
ETH is a good investment but that's an insane risk for someone with limited knowledge of crypto to take.

lol if you do this you will regret it for the rest of your life
you need to read more into ecurrency and realize ethereum is kind of a scam
60million coin premine
12 million coins given to developers/ethereum foundation
hardfork after it's first big dapp failed bad
claims to be decentralized with 20% of the coins owned by the foundation
claims to be moving to experimental PoS soon
many many claims of institutional backers, but I still haven't seen any proof or even reasonable dapps to give it value

from ethereum.org
> Ether is to be treated as "crypto-fuel", a token whose purpose is to pay for computation, and is not intended to be used as or considered a currency, asset, share or anything else.

taking 200k that isn't yours and investing into something like this is reckless

the largest ponzi ever made by man is overdue to unfold, and it's not crypto

The problem is perspective and motivation. People in his position are going to be conservative and lack the perspective you do; beginning your life as it were.

Seriously these old rich people live in a completely different world with a totally different time horizon. I'd say beg borrow or steal it.

Thing is it's hard (or impossible?) to find the value of a computation on the Etherium network. The fact that you use Ether to pay for computation makes it a defacto currency, just one where the good you can buy is processing power versus the wide spread applications you get from something like the dollar.

Parents bought a house in 1990 for $80k AUD. An Electrician and an Accountant working part time because children. Probably less than 60k income between them at the time.
Sold house in 2015 for $540k.
Also bought another house in 2004, for I believe ~$300k. Mortgage is already paid off, house across the road sold for $880k and it's a smaller lot.

Boomers fell ass-backwards into millionaire status.
My dad considers himself a trader too. He's got a couple hundred thousand in assorted investments. 2/3 are losing money and it doesn't matter a fuck because they've got so much capital just by existing in the right time period.

You have to be some kind of deadshit working at a tollbooth for 40 years to fail in life as a boomer.

BEYBLADES

MY NIGGA.

My favourite was Max's green one with the tortoise.

>tfw both my parents are poor
>tfw my dad tries to give me financial advice

OP is only asking for $200K in hopes it may become worth tens of millions.

if he doesn't gamble them tell him to put it in bitcoin and not alts

If he refuses to invest in coins, write ETHs price and the value of his potential $200K investment every year. After 5 years when ETH is trading at $6700 a coin, he'll want to kill himself for not 70xing his 200K into 14M.

remove his brain
it worked for you

Shit I hope it goes that high. I would have over 100k!!!!

>Fuck dude, do you know how much 20% of someone's total assets are? That's not shit you just toss around an a whim.

I do it regularly

Oatmeal?
It's oatmeal, isn't it?