/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

oldversion.com/windows/download/daemon-tools-lite-5-0-1
github.com/AlexAltea/orbital
volocian.com/open-letter-to-the-libretro-team/
torrentfreak.com/nintendo-brein-target-seller-of-pirate-retro-gaming-system-170610/
github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/Cxbx-Reloaded/pull/906
byuu.org/articles/fpgas-arent-magic/
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Need_Games?
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/ROM/ISO_Sites
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fun fact: The CPU used in the PSX was also used in the New Horizons space probe.

I need a handheld that will be powerful enough to emulate PSP, PSX games and also DS games.

What are my options?
What would you recommend?

No it wasn't. If you took the same CPU and used it in space it'd die from radiation. It was a radiation hardened version of the R3000 at a much lower clockspeed.

I'm trying to use the 3do/jaguar Phoenix emulator but can't find a way to play in full screen without distorting the pixels. There doesn't seem any option to integer scale or have some sort of pixel pre scaling with the linear filter like in MAME. It's pretty much either raw unfiltered pixels that look terrible or linear filtered which also look terrible but uniform. There is some shader setting you can select but it doesn't seem to change much. I also tried adjust the renderer mode to the experimental one and played with the sliders to no great effect. This would be a good emulator if I could just get it to display properly.

I thought I still had Daemon Tools Lite on my computer years ago, but apparently I don't.

Went to see a new version and it's loaded to the brim with malware.

I need a program like DTL so I can play Dragon Force II. Couldn't find any recommendations on the FAQ in the wiki.

lrn2pirate

SP must pay for his crimes.

I'm a bit outdated for the times. Guess I'll give a try here. oldversion.com/windows/download/daemon-tools-lite-5-0-1

Is putting emulators and games on a retropi easy with Ubuntu?

I hate using Ubuntu when I'm actually trying to get things to work.

Can I fuck up my pi or can I just start over put a new OS on it so I don't brick it?

Just use Mednafen.

>Is putting emulators and games on a retropi easy
Should be
>with Ubuntu?
Why does that even matter?
>I hate using Ubuntu when I'm actually trying to get things to work.
Why would you even use a OS you hate for getting shit done?
>Can I fuck up my pi or can I just start over put a new OS on it so I don't brick it?
Dude you're really dumb.

>Phoenix emulator
Literally Russian malware.

Did he collude with the Russians?

Send Mueller on him.

Don't bully me.

I don't have windows rn and I know I'm not the brightest but I try the hardest.

PS4 emulator when.

But there's a PC version coming out in a few months.

Alright man, it should be fairly easy but since I've never used retropie I can't tell for sure, you might need to run some script to refresh the romlists and stuff, check the wiki

MonHun World will come out on PC so idk why would you want to emulate it.
That aside: github.com/AlexAltea/orbital

redpill me on amiga

fsuae

vita emulator NOW

That elf is a bit strange but it seems healthy enough, keep at it.

do it at the library

volocian.com/open-letter-to-the-libretro-team/

>Our custom addon, the “Indie Retro Games Library” (IRGL), gives users easy access to the thousands of ROMS available from the Internet Archive, launching the appropriate emulator (mostly in RetroArch) after the ROM has been downloaded.

hey let's ship a chinese kodi shitbox that openly uses retroarch for high piracy, top kek

Nigga we dont even have 3.60+ access on vanilla. Emulator neverever to 2050

>our SYNC consoles and portable devices ship to customers free of any “cores”
Ha, they did what SP and hunterk wanted to do.

Question

Resident Evil 3 never got a proper PC release but apparently it got some sourcenext versions

Anyone knows where i can find them? I already tried but i couldn't

This isn't the right way to go about running PS4 games on PC, imo. It'd be better to HLE all the system calls instead of LLE'ing the whole thing.

So does XCX run without audio/texture issues anymore on CEMU 1.11.4?

I guess I'll get to know tomorrow when the poorfag-nonretard version releases.

pls respond

It's literally on Piratebay.

Also, not emulation

The author said it is also intended to help making further exploits on the actual console too.

I agree, seems more like a tool to study and learn about the original hardware than anything, what is cool anyway, all information could be used for emulators 100% aimed at just playing games

alright lads i am going fucking crazy trying to configure my pcsx2 settings. native resolution, games stay at 60 fps except every 15 or so seconds the performance dips from 100% to around 85% which causes a slowdown then goes back to normal

EE during normal stays at 35% and GS at 15%, during slowdown both of them dip about 7% each. CPU/GPU temps are at 50C so it's not that. I know my CPU isn't great but if it was getting bottlenecked wouldn't those percentages be much higher?

What build?
What plugin?
What plugin settings?
What is your hardware?
What game you're trying to emulate?

The PS4 is not even fully hacked yet, yes you can pirate games on 4.05, but nothing too fancy like messing deeply with the system's drivers/settings or homebrews using hardware acceleration.
It would be a work in the dark trying an HLE approach at this point.

That's why I've said this is cool as tool to get more info for now (even if reach the point of running commercial games, would be not fast enough). This year started like gold for emulation

>1.4.0
>GSdx 1.0.0 // spu2-x 2.0.0. Using my GTX1070 as Renderer with 3D11 HW. For audio, interpolation at 1 and rest default (no change to latency)
>speedhacks enabled, EE cycle at 1, VU cycle at 0, MTVU enabled to try and test things, only non default EE/VU settings have been to change clamping from normal to none
>1070, i7-7700HQ nothing OC'd all temps are normal
>Only tested couple of games but happens in all, Persona 3/Yakuza 1 & 2

I probably left out a few important details, woops. Only thing that bugs me is that I've run pcsx2 emulation in the past on a worse set-up and never had this issue and the games never had a single glaring slowdown issue

alright i have fixed the problem

looks my HDD is slightly faulty? switched everything over to SSD and it's staying at 60 fps without any drops, god bless

How could I download a torrent of all the games at the library?

I'll check it out famalam..I don't even have the roms yet..is there a torrent of them somewhere of every snes and Sega game somewhere?

Tpb? Maybe..

do a groogle search for "download romz torrent"
start clicking buttons and one of them will work.

blake griffin is going to be such a joy to watch

um use a flash drive and plug it in?

I could actually do that.. But Ubuntu should work at that point tbqh

I don't think you actually need windows for anything. I just hate Ubuntu sometimes because I couldn't even get my Xbox controller to work on it.

By adding an Internet Archive ROM downloader to the box, you can be assured the ESA will come knocking at your doors very soon.

It is the stupidest thing one could imagine.

And something Libretro itself would never do, because it's borderline stupid and it is direct facilitation of copyright infringement.

Only a struggling musician comes up with garbage like this.

Do certain emulators (systems) handle online play better than others? I remember playing some SNES games online with a guy about a decade ago, but the Genesis stuff at the time didn't go too well.

>esa has teeth
they sure have been going after all these boxes lately.
>direct facilitation of copyright infringement
interacting with a public repository sanctioned by u.s law is stupid?
btw,
libretro could easily just have the ability to download "content" from the net and allow 3rd parties to supply a directory structure file listing content if they wanted to keep their hands clean
but who am i to complain?
>struggling musician
fucking obnoxious

> they sure have been going after all these boxes lately.

they have.

torrentfreak.com/nintendo-brein-target-seller-of-pirate-retro-gaming-system-170610/

N-NOOO STOP REMOVING PATCHES YOU'RE MAKING PCSX2 LOOK BAD ALL EMULATORS NEED TO BE HACKED TOGETHER PIECES OF SHIT!

github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/Cxbx-Reloaded/pull/906

>interacting with a public repository sanctioned by u.s law is stupid?

you want every game publisher/developer to start setting its sights on taking down all those archives just to let some fuckwad musician get some moniez?

shutting down all those romsites wasn't already bad enough for you?

There's a lot of symbols in early kernel versions, aren't there? That must greatly help RE work.

that is someone selling a machine with preloaded content, which is not much different than including IARL, but
it is decidedly not the same.
It's the difference between selling parts for a weapon and a prebuilt and loaded weapon.
>you want every game publisher/developer to start setting its sights...
coward. I don't give a fuck what greedy corporations do. If some site banking on copyright infringement goes down, so be it.
The net used to be a place where you needed to have basic computer knowledge to aquire media. These days a fucking toddler can do it.

>a public repository sanctioned by u.s law
lol no. The IA does not have any legal basis to freely distribute copyrighted roms. Their exemptions only allow them to privately break DRM for archival, not distribution. With all the attention these IA roms are going to get from boxes like this, it's all going to be taken down. Can't wait.

> coward. I don't give a fuck what greedy corporations do. If some site banking on copyright infringement goes down, so be it.

hi romjacket. you are so easy to tell.

>for archival, not distribution
clean your crowbar, it's time to killyourself.

In a world where copyright basically lasts indefinitely, distribution is archival.

>Only a struggling musician
Remind us, SP, why you always go after someone's job, or check his private life?

>I've been writing, recording, and performing music professionally since 2000, and have experience in a ton of other disciplines as well.

Wow, it says it right there on the page. Are you fucking stupid or something?

But why, idiot? Why?

>Wow it says right there
it's like he's begging for it, right my guy?
you can't give him an option of which question to answer. use small words and then a big one.

Doesn't bother me when he does that to scumbags, but he's even done that to radius who definitely doesn't deserve it.

Because that's what all the cool kids do these days, including Presidents who win elections.

I've never heard anything good or bad about this radius person. Only that he's actually close to SP and libretro in general, both tolerating and calling shit out where it makes sense to, but never really publicly.

rumor has it that he sucks cocks

Should I get individual emulators or just get Retroarch for a Wii?

so?

If you have no problems using RetroArch, then use that primarily. Snes9x-NEXT was practically made for the Wii.
I'd still grab standalone emulators for backup. But if it works in RA then there's no need.
But you know, why not play Wii games? That's sort of what the system is for. You even have to have a proper controller for it, so motionfagging games should be no issue.

Thanks nigga
Actually I'm getting a Wii to play GC games and Wii games of course, but emulation's a big plus so I just wanted to know which emulators to get

Please read this PSA about the NT mini:

>Yes, I wrote this piece because the Super Nt press intentionally neglects my own work. And on that note, here's the bottom line: The Super Nt is not more accurate than higan is. And if you claim otherwise ... then I say to you, prove it.

I have a thirteen year track record of fixing any and all issues reported in my SNES emulation within days of issues being reported. Find an issue in my emulation and it won't be an issue any longer. Chris hired some beta testers to evaluate the Super Nt's compatibility? That's nice. Individual releases of my emulator have been downloaded over a hundred thousand times each. I've had thirteen years of people reporting any observed issues in my emulation; and the current known issues list? Yeah, it's at zero.

But this truly isn't just about me: it's about the inevitability of seeing this claim repeated for more systems in the future if we don't set the record straight now.

byuu.org/articles/fpgas-arent-magic/

What the fuck?

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Need_Games?

Where am i supposed to get games now?

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/ROM/ISO_Sites

That duplicate page hasn't been linked like anywhere on the wiki in ages.
Where in the HELL do you people keep coming from?

Shithole factories in India and Bangladesh. They're paid by Nintendo to fish for rom sites to DMCA.

That wouldn't explain where it's still linked as being active at all.

>Why are shitskins incompetent?

A question for the ages.

Pajeet's boss tells him "go to this link and DMCA it" He goes there and finds nothing, then comes here to fish for more information.

I think you completely misunderstood that guy's post

You probably don't know, but those "patches" are not what you think they're

>not what you think they're

Hello, shitskin.

I know exactly what he said. He asked where it's being linked, and I told him " on some shill's woefully out of date information sheet."

Tell me, what's your guess about them?

Again, it's irrelevant who is doing it. I want to know WHERE these people keep finding that link in particular. It hasn't been linked on the wiki itself for ages, every time anyone comes here they're practically always corrected, so it's not locals.
And where did that person find it? Why would it take so long to check out, and why in the HELL would anyone come HERE over it?

>why do shills that are getting paid cents an hour and barely speak English have out of date information?

Another question for the ages.

>why in the HELL would anyone come HERE over it?
Derp. Current thread links to vg/catalog.

I love my Ryzen 1600!

>too much of a dumb fucking nigger to ctrl+f rom on the main page
You're too stupid for emulation.

How difficult is it to use the SN30 Pro with a raspberry pi running retropie? I'm assuming as long as I copy/paste the correct udev cfg, it should work?

oh fuck you actually fell for the 8bitdo meme

um wtf? how much longer until archive pulls all their shit?

I haven't bought it yet, dingus. Is it really not that good? I'm using a ds3 now.

um wait a sec, there's no videos of this on youtube? Wouldn't this be massively popular?

there's been a lot of activity on cxbx this year. is it going to be usable soon?

>D3D8
WHAT

Y E A R
E
A
R

It's super good and not at all tiny and terrible with useless shoulder buttons and sticks that are not too close to the face buttons at all. Buy it. Buy it right now.

He's right. People think if you remake something in an FPGA it must be 100% accurate.

Are there any good alternatives to the Wii for emulation with component analog video output? I'd like to be able to emulate PSX on my CRT.

Speak to me in proper English first.