/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

English voices were a mistake edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UWojK_P_iW4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remember to feed your felyne!

>no SOS flares found

5 million my ass

Has anyone got a good elder track run yet? I'm tired of people triple carting to tempered teo, I need my own quests.

Does Razor sharp still exist as a rare decoration or am I fated to always keep 3 or 4 parts of Xeno?

Why do people say Monster Hunter 4U is better when it looks so slow and clunky and ugly? I don't get it.

XX room up

Should I be stacking focus and slugger for hammer?

Sour grapes

>use lance/gunlance
>the shield is glued to your shoulder, there's no strap or handle

Servers have been down a lot. First 2 days i thought nobody even owned the game on Xbone but the servers were just down.

It's a more complete game and the online is easier to use and more social in its own way.

i cant get mother fucking black spiral horn

i break both of nigger diablos horns and i get jack fucking shit
FUCK

Literally neither.

Maybe. There's other set bonuses that appear as decorations, but it won't be easy; likely won't see it before HR50.

neither.

How good is element in this game?
I made the kirin IG which has great element but shit raw.
Just wondering if i'm gettin fucked by capcom for not choosing raw on everything except db/sns.

I'd feed that sexy catslut MY sausage.

Is Vaal's set worth getting?

Huntresses

>odogaron critical eye 5 set

too bad crit eye sucks but god damn with the glasses I got it max and it's crittin everywhere

Perfect, I don't have to switch out my armor then.
Thanks.

What's the point of using HBG if I can just rock LBG with Slicing S and deal as much damage?
Also, which shots should I use for both LBG and HBG besides Slicing? I need to vary it up, need to know what's worthwhile

THIS IS THE 20TH TIME I POST THIS

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE ELDER DRAGON TEMPERED TRACKS IN THE VOLCANO AREA?
WHERE ARE THEY
THE TEOSTRA ONE
THE NERGI ONE
I CAN'T FUCKING FIND THEM

APOLOGIZE

forming a /mhg/ squad for gathering hall hang outs. come chill and arm wrestle

6znk8ZwkLJfW

>join Legiana SOS
>never find SOS missions before 20 minutes
>join at tail end of the hunt
>Legiana flies off to sleep
>everyone slowly climbing the walls of the highlands
>swing like spiderman to the top
>cap before anyone else is halfway up
Climbing the mountain is so fucking satisfying. You can swing up almost every wall.

more content, better balance

huntresses and their butts

i killed the tempered bamboozlegeuses and wonder how I can find more tempered monsters now?

Not particularly, at least

braaaaaaap

>He doesn't know

Repost
youtube.com/watch?v=UWojK_P_iW4
Any specific reason he is using Jagras tree last GS?

Things MHW did right
>slinger

Things MHW did wrong
>literally everything else

There's like only one game in the world with weapon straps.

First MonHun game and trying out some of the different weapons between three characters. Of the three, I seem to be having the hardest time consistently doing the same amount of damage I could do with other weapons when using Heavy bowgun, and am often resorting to using ammo types beyond normal ammo 1 or 2. Am I to understand that the trade off for consistent damage is the use of limited ammo and such? I've read on here that slicing ammo makes things a little easier, but I don't want to try and stick to one finite ammo type if there is just something about the weapon I am meant to understand that I have not yet. My concern is that this weapon is all about using the ammo types with a much smaller ammo count, meaning either repeated trips back to camp in the case of tougher hunts, or having to grind for the materials for the ammo.

How do we fix Monster Hunter World G?

The slots maybe

slots

>puts on rocksteady memetle
stopped watching right there

im about to start monster hunter world. first monster hunter game. is there anything i should know before i start? could just be a small tip or whatever. i plan on learning most things on my own anyway but if there's a weapon type that's objectively dogshit i'd like to know so i don't waste time on it

Might be using elementless deco for extra damage. Though I don't really know if that would be better than nerg's GS. Not sure

I just hit HR, been using lance mostly. What armor set should I start aiming for pre-elder dragons to get the most use out of my lance? I'm also thinking of going hammer and bow. What hammer/bow tree should I focus on first?

XX or Frontier? Which one is more traditional?

Literally every video. I close it as soon as I hear the jingle.

XX

>pick up egg
>every single parent monster gets egg seeking vision and hunts me down through walls

Is there actually a way to do this that isn't ghillie suit or completely genociding everything?

How do I unlock HR Kirin?

As a supplementary question, are the Level 2 bits of the Awakening Charm from Kirin, because if so I'm gonna throw a fit

Should I be building for element as DB?

Just the opposite, all weapon types are viable, but you're not restricted to just one. If you feel like one is too slow for you, then just move to another one.
Remember to upgrade your armor. Even if you don't explicitly go to new armor sets, you can level it up with armor spheres. It's imperative you do that when you get the opportunity because monsters will one shot you otherwise. diablos is a pretty big point where it happens. Anjanath+ is another.

If you use the longsword, and use the spirit combo near people it will buff their attack power.

yeah, horns and tails

So we all agree this is the best game in the series, right?

Great sword, Charge Blade, Switch Axe, Sword and Shield, Dual Blades, Insect Glaive, Hammer, Hunting Horn, Bow, Heavy Bow Gun, Light Bow Gun, Lance, Gun Lance

run nigga

>tfw all your ok friends like monster hunter and switch from destiny
>tfw your best friend doesn't like it because "it isn't fast enough and I don't know what to do"
my one friend whose retarded at video games knew what to do, at least my other friends play and love throwing sand in each others eyes before monsters

Is this Treasure Dragon?

You can count the frontier posters we have in this general on one hand, and they regularly shitpost about their game to make it seem good.
I'd suggest never listening to them and avoiding frontier competently.

If you want a pc game just emulate something.

what bowgun do I even get? they all look the same

>starting a MH thread with that coal burner abomination

anyone found a Master's Touch deco yet?
anyone found a Nullify Wind Pressure deco yet?
anyone found a Bludgeoner deco yet?
anyone found an ESP deco yet?
anyone found a Critical Element deco yet?

Anyone know what 8 star quest i'm missing?

why the fuck would you open a TAutist video in the first place then?

Just beat Xeno. What an underwhelming final boss, right when I thought he was going into a new phase the fight just ends. Also fuck off Handler, I am the one killing this shit, not us.

Do you think it's even possible to add G Rank to world or have a MH World G rerelease given how weapon augments work? It seems like the weapon tree can't really expand because of that, especially because lower rarity weapons get more augments, so what happens if they get higher-rarity upgrades later?

Is G Rank a thing of the past?

A special kushala quest and a special Teo quest. Research 15 or more monster fully and kill or cap 5 different tempered monsters

3U, 4U and X/XX were all more complete and true Monster Hunter games than MHW with the actual MH spirit and atmosphere still intact.

MHW is a good game, but it feels... different. Some of the "soul" is gone.

Starting to feel a bit down on the game, maybe i've played it a bit too much, or maybe i'm just not sure what gear I need so I just kill shit.

What are good skills for hammer?

so I can do either? or both?

I wanted to try Frontier because it looks based on Gen 2 which I like

western release. western rules.
otherwise they will get a shitton of hate.

>anyone found an ESP deco yet?
mind's eye? yeah I have one

So, I use bow, and I like it (using dragonbone/legiana/rathalos at the moment) but I feel like breaking parts on monsters is entirely up to luck/extreme positioning which i'm just not capable of. I was thinking of picking up hammer to get breaking a bit more easily done. Is that a wise choice? I don't think I've actually broken/severed a tail since low rank.

ATK up, WE, maybe earplugs for extra whacks during roars?

>Add G rank augmentations

Wow that was easy

what did he mean by this

very rarely someone will post a TA with an actual skilled player and those are nice to watch.

Both

>get tempered kush investigation
>HR not high enough to do it
oh

It's possible, but more than likely it is just an entirely new tree. G1G2G3 etc.
As for how it's released, probably an expack with a new area for $29.99 on November 17th 2018

does researching fully include the yellow stars in the hunter's research level, or just the green?

But what do you do with the existing augmentations? Do they carry over or just go away when you upgrade?

>8 hunts in.
>No Freezer Sacs.
>No Gem.
I don't want a gem, but I'm genuinely wondering which I'll find first at this point.

Dangerous material
Do not open

Ah yes, that Nintendo soul.

why tf cant i make a cute fem hunter :( it hurts

If you like gen 2 you will probably like frontier because that is exactly what it is.

Why is the Xeno'Jiva set such a hodgepodge. It's like it wants you to be both ranged and melee. I just want to look cool, but I'm gonna lose out on the +Dragon Attack from the Vaal Set. Any specific build I should go for with the XJ set? Currently using XJ bow.

Got rathalos LBG. Do I farm the azure variant or save materials and push forward?

What gear set up is optimal?

git gud

Are we really going to accept this?

Do any of the female HR armor sets look like a china dress or kimono? Kinda like the mizutsune set.

Ah, yeah, an entirely new tree seems possible. That might be the best way to do it.

You don't need to be optimal to do end game with LBG.