/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

Games
>Shin Megami Tensei V - Switch, TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=YLSrGiiy95U
>Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux - 3DS, Out in Japan, Western release May 15th
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
>Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation - Mobile, Out in Japan, Western release TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=2V6mJStJH1U
>Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=sIkHWzT5Iv4
>Persona 5 Dancing Star Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=VueiR2a_lDY
>Catherine Full Body - PS4, Vita, Japanese release - Winter 2018, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=OejarinH0xo
>Project Re:Fantasy - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=reYl4RUpF_M

>Starter Guide
i.imgur.com/PRKpcPh.png

>Tips and Tricks
pastebin.com/1V9AUMNb

>Art books, Soundtracks, Manuals, and other Media
pastebin.com/f55EcBb6

>Fan Translations, Patches, Games, etc.
pastebin.com/WAcnMB5J

>Scripts, Sounds, and other Resources
pastebin.com/aCsjkMd5

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended Reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cs1DSjAnvtI
youtube.com/watch?v=kgdwc3bn79g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hahaha, time for LAW

I just recently got into SMT after finishing P4G

Would it be a pussy move to emulate Nocturne so I can not have to spend 15 minutes cycling the fusion inheritance?

Jerry = Neutral
Elaine = Neutral
George = Dark-Neutral
Kramer = Light-Chaos
Newman = Dark-Chaos

I can tell you from experience that it helps but not nearly enough

you're better off not minmaxing too hard until you can get mitamas easily and then getting your base demons with as few skills as possible and then use the mitamas to add what you need after

OPEN IT, SON OF MAN

So George would kill his friends?

So /smtg/ is going to sling all the damn jack frost reaction images when I say this, but do not feel ashamed to use a map or guide for Nocturne's dungeons. Some of them are designed to be complete horse shit, especially with one-way guessing game paths, constant traps, and weird dungeon gimmicks that are poorly/not explained.

At some point in the game's optional dungeon a sketchy ghost will offer to sell you a demon named Pisaca. YOU WANT THAT DEMON even though it costs a lot. That shit is amazing.

Definitely.

George might start out neutral but you can totally see him fusing with a demon or something in an impulsive grab for power like chaos hero

that or it backfires so he gives up and becomes a nourisher in IV

If he knew there would be a reward probably.

George would definitely be Musubi, his scorn for women and others more successful than him make perfect sense to want a world all to himself

Not a single one of Nocturne's dungeons needs a guide. The single time it's justified is if you want to get the infinite revival item in the final dungeon, but that's optional and honestly pretty useless by the time you get it.

none of the main story dungeons maybe, but the kalpas can be pretty irritating, and a map is very helpful for hell's vault if you don't want to run through it a dozen times to get everything

>jack frost reaction images
that's not hoyboy reactions

HOYMAN!

Strength is beautiful

I like that design.

>Ha. Enough with the act--I know the truth. You use demons as a scapegoat for everyone's suffering and then call whatever's left hope. You hide the truth and demand blind faith from people... that's what you do. Are you that jealous of humans? Or just afraid

Okay so if I'm playing sissy girly MAG Serph in DDS, what's the best party to go with? I'm liking sausage fest Serph/Heat/Gale right now with Serph handling healing and heavy magic, Heat being Heat, and Gale handling debuffs/buffs/more magic. I want to like Cielo but just... eh.

Same

I didn't know she lost her arm until I read it on her wiki the other day. Now it makes more sense.

I really want to play the GBA version of SMT1 but as far as I know there's no translation. Someone on leddit was supposedly going to try, just pasting the iOS text into it since they're the exact same game, but it's been a while with no updates. Anyone know anything about that project or any other translation attempt?

Serph, Argilla and Gale is the patrician party.

>MAG

Cielo is only important for the ship and DDS2

Gale can go either way but if you wanna be useful use serph for buffs/debuffs and have argilla or gale be the main damage dealer

I built my Gale like a physical fighter and buff/debuffer. He was alright but I kept feeling Heat would have been better. What are you supposed to do with Gale?

Is a MAG Serph viable for fighting Demicuck? I went STR in my first playtrough and I don't want to just do it all over again the same way, but I've heard Ragnarok is a must in that fight.

he has high str and mag but lowish everything else, you can do whatever you want with him

Why isn't Jack Frost the strongest demon if everybody ingame recongnizes him?

hikawa's widow's peak!

>tfw only 2 more modern megatens left that I want to play
I-I'm a little scared, /smtg/.

Jacks are often too naive to use their power. The game's description of king frost say he is powerful enough to literally destroy the earth but is too naive to even realize it.

What are they?

I was like that too and have tired older games to varying degrees of success.

Raidou and Raidou 2.
I don't even know what to do with myself afterwards.

In IV: apocalypse how do you unlock the sidequest for the black card? Online everyone says you just need to be level 76 and then you can access it but I'm level 76 now and still don't have it available. Is there a story requirement as well?

WIDER

Play SMT1

Start from KMT and clear all old megatens chronologically

Raidou games are sort of weird. Raidou 1 has great everything but gameplay really. I personally don't mind the combat myself but traversing the game world is tedious as fuck making playing it sort of a chore. Raidou 2 improved the game but the story was just much weaker leaving me dissapointed after how good the first one was.

Both are worth playing but neither got the "Holy fuck this phenomenal" feeling that Nocturne and Strange Journey did.
I'm playing it now myself and I just sort of been forcing myself through. It's the reverse of IV:A for me, great atmosphere and the cast is tolerable since they rarely speak and when they do it actually matters, but fuck is it not fun to play.

sidequests unlock with the story so yes

Fuck, I'm right before Merkahbah and Lucifer so it'll probably come after that. I imagine I'm probably overleveled but but whatever. I'm on war anyway so they still might fuck me up.

So,is like fighting Demi-Fiend?

You don't like encounters every step and walking through endless corridors? Fuck you.

Emulate Nocturne, but only because the Maniax Chronicle Edition recently got a translation patch.

Jump to Apocalypse, faggot.

LIVE IN BURIED MEMORY

they're only hard because you fight them both with no break inbetween, individually they're nothing special, just regular moves you've seen before and one special move from their IV fight each

Yeah, I've started 1 already and I've been enjoying everything but the combat so far. It's a great change of pace from the regular megatens too.

I don't think I have what it takes desu. The thirst for more megatens might change that though, eventually.

I might for YHVH but until then fuck that, shit is already annoying in war with ridiculous prices for compendium demons good thing I bought the dlc (^:

Eh, the DLC is worth it for Cleopatra's tits alone.

Nah, I can give two shits about story dlc honestly.

Also I don't know if this is the smartest or stupidest thing Atlus ever did but technically speaking you can buy one dlc to get the advantages of every dlc. I only have the macca dlc but there still is enemies that drop grimores, app point cards, and incenses in the macca dlc, they're just sort of rarer. Technically speaking you can farm all the shit you want from any dlc it seems, just at a slower rate then whatever the main resource the dlc is focused on.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cs1DSjAnvtI

Is this the best track in the DDS games?

its pretty high up there

I'm really upset it's not included in the ost, or at least the one I downloaded from here some years ago

LISTEN TO ME

youtube.com/watch?v=kgdwc3bn79g

What's the best SMT meme?

>ywn fuck a pixie cosplayer

I really want a version of DDS with Serph's model replaced by Fats.

why does god punish me so

without question

Post em

i want nagatoro to viciously mock me until i am ROCK hard

god i forgot how fucking good this picture is
i miss colbert from before he became a complete faggot

Casualry scum reporting in.

Last one. They also had one of her in some idol shit but who even cares?

the whole 2scoops thing is the only thing keeping me from pretending he just died after the Colbert Report ended

remember him fondly as he was, not in the sad state he is in now

honestly her face is kinda fucked because all asian girls have fucked up faces but would cum inside regardless so long as she wore the costume

If remakes count as different games
P3
P4
Nocturne
DDS1
DDS2
Raidou 1
Raidou 2
SJ
DeSu1
SMT I
SMT II
P3P
DeSu2
Persona 2 IS
SMT IV
DeSu2RB
Soul Hackers
SMT IVA
Once SJR comes out I will have unescapable hunger.

I just started playing the series this year.

perfectly fine, enjoy

I played through Raidou and enjoyed myself, but I have no fucking idea what was happening plot-wise.
After a number of chapters doing wacky stuff, I was like 'but what about Kaya?'. And then Raidou saves Kaya, but then she goes to hell or whatever and then we're climbing a tower of flesh, then we go to the fucking moon and, again, I'm like ''but..but what about Kaya?'
What a trip, man. I should probably give it a second play.

Fuck last year I meant.
Thanks. I own soul hackers and Raidou 1 admittedly but sort of lost interest in both. I'm starting to worry the spinoffs might not be for me, though after I finish SMTI I'm planning on playing DDS1. I was originally kind of put off by it, fusing and making a party are to of the biggest reasons I love SMT, but /smtg/ has got me interested in them.

wow, that's pretty racist

prove me wrong though

Post your face with Smirk template so we can see how fucked you look

i'm fairly attractive honestly, like a solid 8/10

Logically, shit like ghosts would be the most powerful. SMT is weird, man.

Me too, m8. We should fuse.

In fact, let's all post our pics. Social /smtg/!!

i dunno user at least i've kissed a girl

recently, too

don't bring nagatoro into this, she's the only girl i can't kiss for real and it hurts me

Here's me.

B-be gentle...

i-i said stop

Law is RAD