/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

My favourite foob edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

You don't have to. They are active the moment they pop up.

Xth for interesting endemic life to capture with Bugnet

Why are nip bow users so inept at playing bow?
>Never charge step
>Never use status
>Spam normal shots
>die frequently
>Never use arc shots
It's like they're trying to help as little as possible.

just did vaal hazak kill in 5min with 3 lbg 1 bow considering it was sos and it wasn't full 4 man until like 2-3 minutes in was pretty good, no cucky blademasters holding us back

rewarded with weakness exploit deco too :^)

Imagine playing female in MHW.
I mean in previous games it was fine, but now? You'd have to be a complete moron.

Let me show you why.

Which one /mhg/?

Use the Sword and Shield.

Need a duo for this

Legi gives tier 6 feystones but I'll struggle to kill it in 15 minutes myself

just got raped by LR gore magala twice
why is this shit harder than mhw elder dragons

It's in config under "internal resolution"
It makes the models waaaay nicer but the textures are always gonna be blurry.

When do Ryu/Sakura come out so I can use that instead of looking at this hot dogshit

I'm scared bros...

What did we do to deserve a monster as good as Odogaron?

Recently unlocked tempered elder dragons but I'm wanting a bit more variety for the hunts, is it worth it to replay 4U or play Generations for the first time?

Bottom

bad controls

Really nigga
Try it yourself, their HP isn't mad

>He still doesn't know
lamo.

just solo it and bring flashbombs my dude

then post a room nig

>posts the few good/better than male female sets
>yet I still can't tell if you're being sarcastic because I'm so accustomed to shit opinions in /mhg/

How are 1 and 2 even being considered?

>skipping over the based as fuck odogoran set

Any AoE heal like vigorwasps should heal the monster too if they're close to it.

bottom one doesn't look like her mom was an alcoholic so her i guess

What are the best full alpha armor sets for GS? I don't have enough good gems and my autism prevents me from clownsuiting.

>Odogaron
>good
He literally cant hit you lmao hes awful

the good bows don't have status effects and arc shots are shit since it flinches teammates

>shits on casuals that can't figure out how to touch him
He just gets better and better

Fucking how? Magala is easy as shit.

How do we fix Kushala Daora

Had tempered Kirin Investigation that was 1 faint, 15 minute limit was able to beat it 2/3 times. Shit was crazy, 1 shot me with my Vitality mantle on

you can either do damascus for focus or bazel for earplugs and crit draw, pick your poison

>someone mentions earlier that you can hold cross/A to rapidly collect all quest rewards on the completion menu
>try this with carving during a quest instead of mashing circle/B
>it fucking works
HOW LONG COULD I DO THIS FOR? HOW MANY GAME?

It's going to be harder for two people than one because it's scaled to 4 player life.

>raizex 2.0

Tobi has para and the arena bow can use any you
and Arc is great if you can aim it, I'm not saying they should spam it

eating enraged attacks with jaggi armour

>exposed thighs
Fucking sluts

No, it's calculated based on the "true" attack pre-multiplier.

So the Attack Boost on that Nerg GS is giving you 213 true attack, not 1011 post-multiplier. The Nerg GS has 1008 post-multiplier attack. So +3 true attack takes it from 210 -> 213, and after the multiplier it's 1008 -> 1022.

What happened then

>Brightmoss
What's even the point, the game isn't nearly as dark enough for this

Ahh, I actually didn't know that. Thanks.

I wish they'd get rid of the fucking multiplier desu. That was the best change gen/xx made.

by leaving him in second gen where he belongs

Certain monsters drop out of the air if you nail them in the face with it. The first time. After that they expect it.

Is there a LBG with decent capacity for both slice and spread ?

How do I make pretty characters anons?

I-is he okay?

kushala is the best monster pleb

Armor that people only care about because you can see backs and thighs.

Just proving his point.

Since none of you ever gave me any answer, I'm starting to transfer people from the /mhg/ NA Tri squad to MonHanGen Gamma squad. Just tell me I didn't fuck up a second time by making a squad that already exists in addition to giving the wrong name to the first one.

X/XX started it, but World improved it.

>Grab tempered Legiana track
>Get temp Azure Rath + non-temp Bazel investigation in Recess
ok

I wish I had that fucking investigation.

Flew back to camp, when I popped back over he respawned on top.

It also has amazing skills. Regardless, that's not his point.

What's the best Ore tree Hammer?

1:30 is when I stay up normally.
I've been up till 4-5 with world out.

Is 4U really better than XX?

So after the dust has settled were all in agreement that

4 >>> Gen > MHW > Tri

correct?

non element boost doesn't work with most lbgs, stupid

How the fuck do I change the order of my items? How it's not about the item set?

yes

the ladybug one is nice

Nerg

no you tard

>20 daora kills
>30 teostra kills
>never a single gem from either

Unless he keeps running killing legi in 15 minutes should be easy.

I will never understand why fags are so obsessed with seeing polygons dressed up in skimpy armor when the game isn't sexual outside that. Do you fucks pan the camera on them and jerk off after a hunt or something?

Agreed, it only confuses things. Makes people think that Attack Boost's numbers are more or less meaningful depending on what weapon they're using, but it's exactly as useful no matter what your weapon's multiplier is.

I guess they think people would be confused that their big slow greatsword has 210 attack but so does the fast sword and shield and shouldn't the GS hit harder? But showing the true value is way more useful for figuring out what damage boosts are actually meaningful.

>the good bows don't have status effects
and which ones would those be?
Last I checked Kadachi, Xeno, and Diablos all can fire at least one, and Cross Hunter can fire everything.
Even then, not using the charge step and instead spamming trigger is a fucking horrible way to play bow.

idk if this is a big deal to you guys but I was able to solo each of the elder dragons on my first try (2 carts each though) and i’m glad i’m okay at video games

Isn't part of the copypasta of problems with World is that rare drops are easier to get?

I had something similar happen. It dropped off the map and stayed there for like a minute. Then it flew back up eventually.

I'll give you the Urag set, the Bazel helm and the Diablo helm, the rest I can live with. I'm hardly clamouring to get a Barroth set.

I think it started in x

>got 3 gems in 5 teo runs
I didn't even need them

Same shit with teostra man, but i can help you with both, i shit on boh because i know them by heart now, and i have kush's armor so i don't take no bullshit from him

You expect copy paste shitposts to be accurate?

What's the point of starting the quest in a random place when you an just immediately fast travel to the camp you wanted to spawn on??

The gems are getting ridiculous.
Elder dragons aside I've killed fucking Odogaron 20 times with no gem.
I don't know if we're just unlucky or what.

He's not supposed to fall off from the ground, but sometimes he flies over that part of the map and if you dragon bomb him it makes him fall

>Gen > anything
bait

The highest I've gone withount a gem I was actively farming for was probably 9 or so vaal kills

What's the method to unlocking end game mantles? Every time I try to look it up it just says the quest name and not how to get the quest.

Tell me she's ugly
I've given up hope at making a decent character

>Do you fucks pan the camera on them and jerk off after a hunt or something?
That would be really sad and pathetic, right?

>male characters look better in shit armor sets I'll never use

why do people care about their characters appearance at all? just use preset 1 and go lol

Try farming Vaal for fangs, breaking his face every run and ending up with more gems than fangs.

Thanks RNGesus.

>make a clownsuit
>it actually doesn't look that bad

neat

I don't know how long I've been missing out on these drink quests but seeing that the researchers in the third fleet are all a bunch of notorious boozehounds is funny

She's ugly

It's not you, it's how this game does eyes for girls

chubby

Should be a public service announcement about blast weapons. Base should know of these atrocities.

...Do you not?

just put on a helm, it'll be ok

Are certain decos only accessible after a certain point I can't seem to get an ATK boost one other than the one they gave me for free...and I keep getting the same stupid decos over and over.