Why does no-one ever talk about China and their involvement in World War II?

Why does no-one ever talk about China and their involvement in World War II?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_China_Victory_Day_Parade
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Regiments_Offensive
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/2yzkh7/is_it_truth_that_kuomintang_did_majority_of/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All they did was fight the Japs a little and then become communist

Not much to talk about tbqh

In strategic terms it was a holding action on a continental scale but the real strategic initiative was held by the US in the Pacific Ocean.

If China had been given 30 years to industrialize under a strongman before Japan embarked on the 2nd sino japanese war things MAY have been a little different, but I'm not confident in this. Russia even under imperial rule was beginning to industrialize; China was literally a pre industrial society for the most part until the 50s

why does FDR look high in every picture lmao

They did contributed a lot in the war effort, but truthfully other allies (U.S. and U.S.S.R.) did more to defeat the Japanese.
That's not to say China was worthless. It did tie up a lot of Japanese troops in their own land, but if the war progressed between the two factions alone, I doubt China could have defeated them desu.

Communist China doesn't want to praise KMT for fighting the Japs.

Western powers don't want to praise Communist China since KMT did most of the fighting.

Basically, it's convenient for everyone to ignore it.

They spent most of the time getting their asses kicked.

Also

I hear it often.

It was an important aspect but, as with the Burma campaign, didn't make a great strategic contribution to Japanese defeat, beyond tying up resources which then made progress easier elsewhere.
As westerners we feel a closer connection to conflicts that our own countries/ancestors were involved in and prefer to consume media dealing with those conflicts. Therefore the vast majority of material the average punter is exposed to deals with theatres that US/commonwealth/Euro forces were involved in.
The complexity of the different factions involved (KMT, Communists etc.), and the horrific atrocities committed, mean that many groups who were key players at the time prefer to keep the subject out of public consciousness, as hinted at in and .

If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

So did the Soviets 2bh.

This is actually incorrect desu; there were a number of recent movies featuring the kmt fighting japs in china iirc?

The China Communist party is feeling a lot more relaxed these days, they even had their first Victory day parade celebration over Japan in 2015.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_China_Victory_Day_Parade

They should have had taiwanese representatives desu. KMT troops did alot of fighting early on

Old people just kinda look that way sometimes
People don't like talking about mass rape, especially since the Japs are now cool with the West.

because it was boring as fuck

Too busy endlessly contemplating the fact that Stalin wore track pants to the Potsdam Conference.

What has this site done to me?

idk man if your legs were strapped into steel braces you might look a lil bamboozled too

Growing up at a time when taking a photograph entailed sitting very still for 30 seconds.

*not a polio joke

They were like Russia but worse
Lost a lot of men grinding the Japanese into a stalemate

That's a military uniform. You haven't seen the old military uniforms with the stripe down the side?

Weird considering the commies did almost none of the fighting against Japan.

....Jesus user, that was a joke playing on the fact that slavs stereotypically wear track pants and he was the leader of the Slav world...its called a joke user....fuck you.

the only thing the chinks were good for was soaking up Japanese men and material.

the best thing in the chinese theater were the American volunteers.

In terms of traditional battles correct, at least until the later stages.

But communist resistance was a legitimate problem, which is why the japs resorted to scorched earth tactics.

The communists even used suicide bombers wearing grenade vests and shit.

Sorry, I did laugh though.

In terms of casualties caused to the japanese give me a verifiable number and stop spouting your 50 cent army bullshit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Regiments_Offensive

Just one example off the top of my head. Not sure why you think I'm a shill, I already conceded the KMT did the bulk of traditional fighting.

But if the japs didn't care about partisan resistance why institute the three alls campaign?

Also here's reddit answering your question:

reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/2yzkh7/is_it_truth_that_kuomintang_did_majority_of/

So out of about 5 million casualties the Japanese and their allies suffered around 20k were from dirty ducking populist commies.

Wow

Much impressed
Such fight

>Not sure why you think I'm a shill

Because you have something nice, anything at all, to say about the Chinese communist party. They're evil slave making, censor happy, imperialist disgusting cunts and saying anything nice about that evil regime makes you one of their shills.

did they rape ya mum or something? Are you unable to approach historical study with any semblance of objectivity?

is the place for you m8

>with any semblance of objectivity?
The commies objectively counted for shit.

>mfw some stormfag on /pol/ told me Chain Kai Shek was a communist and that China had been communist since 1933 and Japan was attacking them because they tried to start a communist revolution in Japan

This stuff has been repeated on Veeky Forums too you know. Never mind the shanghai massacre and all the purges by Chiang..

didnt the KMT hire black shirts from Germany after Sun-Yat Sen died in order to kill commies?

I dont know about that but this is Chaings son

looking fly

I think i remember it from a documentary about the KMT, they hired ex-Friekorps or something to deal with Communists in China, one of their tactics they used was to simply run over communist politicians in the big cities IIRC

>a little

>Communist China doesn't want to praise KMT for fighting the Japs.

But it is clearly acknowledged in China that the KMT fought the Japs alongside the CCP. They shill about the united front all the time.

>Weird considering the commies did almost none of the fighting against Japan.
[Citation needed]

The Victory Day parade was for all of China. Not just the CCP.

The CCP accounted for about 500,000 Japanese military deaths. Not sure why you think one battle was the only conflict between them.

>the KMT fought the Japs alongside the CCP.
What they dent say is that the overwhelming number of casualties suffered by the Japanese in chi a was at the hands of the KMT and that the CCP did almost none of the fighting in comparison.

Bullshit

[Citation needed]

If you are going to attack the CCP for shilling, you might as well not do the same.

So 10%

Wew lad

Okay user.

Casualties != share of contribution to victory

>needed
I'm not providing one. You can go ahead and keep sucking CCP cock if you want. I don't care what you believe all of us with a brain doesn't need a source to know the guerilla force didn't cause too many casualties compared to the force that gave battle.

Typically, yes.

Dying

Meat shields are important.

Commies btfo

Is it just me or is Truman's chair much closer to Churchill's than Stalin?