/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Dindunuffin Edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP (embed)

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Can't find the phantom bird. Is it invisible like the name implies?

Why don't you use SnS?

he's a good boy

Is there any way to get out of tremors quicker than mashing X? They are so fucking annoying in world without resistance
>uragaan single-chinslams 4 times in a row

there's an armor skill for it

I hate that like every monster has some kind of tremor shit now

Why is Barroth so popular to hunt? I'm trying to get a Wyvern gem so I'm hunting him and I can always get a full squad in just a few minutes

>Find Teo evidence
>tactfully scattered across a handful of connected areas

>Find Vaal evidence
>painfully obvious

>Find Kush evidence
>see you in 30 minutes faggot

even now, when he's not even fucking here yet, he's the most obnoxious monster in existence

Why do the palicos get way better armor than their hunters? I'm totally fine with it though, I love my palico and he deserves more than me.

Feels too short range

That's what i meant by resistance. I've gotta craft something with tremor res for sure. It's weird because wind pressure seems like it was nerfed a bit from past games but tremors are 1000x worse

what's the glowing blue armor I keep seeing people wearing

tell me you can change the color of the glowing part

So to my limited understanding, all xeno weapons are shit unless you build to take advantage of white sharpness?

Am I kawooiu uguu?

Xeno and you can't

Kirin

>beating kush ass get him limping
>wake him from his slumber
>suddenly small arena has 10 tornadoes
>3cart
ONE NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

3cMHTTcddbmW
Last spot left for bagel gem

yeah monsters landing don't even make you fall down anymore, which is some great QoL. Instead they just have tremors that lock you in for 8 seconds

>DODO where is all the dragonvein ore?
>I ate those food

Huntress asses.

So hot monkey dick is guaranteed to come back right?

just beat xeno and got two gems from the tail but now I don't have any tails

are any of his weapons any good? I don't want to farm this guy

Jesus fatso calm down.

Not unless you have a particular build. His armor set is top tier for ranged weapons though.

What's the best Monster Hunter game to git gud at? And why?

The fuck is going on with that crotch?

restart while you're still in the tutorial
put that dog down, my man

frontier z

Puffy vulva

MHFU, you'll be good at every MH after

I don't know how to pump out damage when the monster is at my mercy.

We need more 4 man LBG slicing shot squads out there. This shit is ridiculous.

Looks like the thickest scrotum I've ever seen.
It's terrible.

Palicos are pure and precious and deserve everything in the world.

I'm just fucking around in character creator my real character is over 100 hours.

Why? Broken hit boxes? And solo, right?

they fucked my opener, after an opener there is a forced dumb shield bash before the regular triangle combo can go on, high damage is anchored right on the backstep, backstep is forced airborne on hit and stick wiggle combo fucks your direction
it's too shitty feeling

>it survived

Which HH buffs do you prefer the most?

So are the turf war results always the same or does Tobi actually have a chance of beating Anjanath

I just built the pink rathian SNS to take advantage of my already existing poison set.

And I think I may have fucked up I do roughly no damage.

>All NPCs hype up this quest
>easy as fuck and they come in one by one

wtf???

>tfw fighting thunder monsters with thunder weapons

>hunter would have died
when are palicos getting their own game

Yknow I've never actually seen my cat faint
is it even possible?

Yes, completely broken hitboxes and no online mode. I mean you could be lucky to have some friends who play MHFU but you'll always have to meet up as there's only a local multiplayer.

Is this stronk!? I want be ezpz stronk!!!

Haven't played with pretty much any HH users, but just some damn earplugs would be a godsend

What is the best armor skills for a gunlance? I feel like guard up and artillery would be good. Am I wrong?

>what is hunsterverse

rest in peace piccico

darnit bros, kept getting removed from session sorry.

I-It's not the size that matters.

Are there secret armor pieces that aren't unlocked by slaying monsters? Friend said he saw a dude running around with a wide brim feathered hat but I haven't seen anything like that and I finished the main quest and he insists he isn't fucking with me.

4U

What even is that? Just regular arena quest? I don't do arena so I wouldn't know.

Also you're confusing "lore" and gameplay. They're hyping it up because they're four tough as shit monsters, its easy as fuck because the game mechanics scale down monster HP depending on how many you have to kill in the mission.

>TFW make cute femboy hunter
>looks perfect after tons of pain-staking character creation time
>start game
>get far enough to go into options and hide helmet
>hunter has traces of 5 o'clock shadow in-game and in cutscenes even if you make them completely clean shaven
Why, Capcom? This is Dark Souls 3 all over again. Character looks great in the creation screen but then actual gameplay fucks them up.

I think this series has too many butterfly-like monsters and they added TWO more in World. Why do we need so many butterflies? I wish there was a killer whale boss or some shit.

Xeno, Gore, Shagaru, Kushala, Lagiana,

haha imagine you accidentally poop your self in the middle of a gaming session and the turd just slid down to your crotch? wouldn't it be funny to imagine how warm it would feel? haha

>love form-fitting yet fully protective and practical armor for my female characters
>mfw playing MHW
I don't have issues with bikini armor but it sucks that way more of the male armor looks so cool in this game. Is there a single closed-face helmet for huntresses?

Are there any armor sets in World for females that actually look heroic and don't have a retarded metal dress?

Guard is allright if you are into blocking all the time. But you aren't guardlancing and it really isn't necesarry. Artillery is a given, and then I just stack regular attack and elemental/status attack buffs. You switch between your different types of attacks so often it's nice having them all buffed.

wtf i love cats now

So what skills should I be getting for Hunting Horne? Horn Maestro? What else?

They did on PSP, also prowler mode.

>femboy
100% deserved

>tfw fall for the hype each time
I get anxiety easy

Yeah their little health bar quakes red and fades out of existence for a second

>kill an Odogaron on an expedition
>go back to HQ
>five new investigations
>all for Great Girros
Fuck you

Because he's still a man damn it.

>Males playing as female characters.

>Friend said he saw a dude running around with a wide brim feathered hat but I haven't seen anything like that
That one is unlocked by clearing arena quests (Not the one from the handler, one from the arena attendant in the social area) you craft it using arena tokens you win by clearing challenges.
I know there's also a very rare chance to get a skull from searching bone piles (When I say rare I mean I got one about 100 hours in) That unlocks a skull helmet.

Why?

I don't want to see you online.

>I wish there was a killer whale boss or some shit.
There was and no you don't.

I don't think the hitboxes are too bad aside from plesioth, diablos and khezu

The game gets really easy with hbg because you can abuse the most powerful, broken skill ever in MH, too bad they removed it

Getting good at MHFU won't help you in recent games that much, that game is more about preparation and understanding the monsters than actual skill. I'd say P3rd and Gen are more skill based

Radical Bann's sets looks actually cool for females too despite being a full body armor.

Dang. I found two of those skulls within maybe an hour of each other.

Post yfw the limping monster you're trying to capture gets in a turf war.

>want to unlock the last 3 mantles
>have no idea how
>all internet posts on how to unlock them are just wild guesses and people telling each other they are wrong
I would suck someones dick to find out how to get these. I am HR 54 now and nothing.

>can't make your palico your love interest
Why Capcom why

Thank you, ser. I know now what must be done.

How about, say, XX rather than Gen?

How do you get more warped gems? I'm sick of this rare 6 rubbish.

>wanting to stare at a dude's ass all game

Palicos are for being a loyal hunting companion, not sexual.

I'm gonna play as a cute girl and act like a total slut, and there is nothing you can do about it nerd.

It is okay. U weak I undoorstand.

>play DB in FU back in the day because I was a little edgelord and didn't wanna use slow weapons
>plateau at the fucking Cephadrome and drop the game until Gen 3 revives my interest with a console release
>pick up LS in Tri due to lack of DB
>eventually get sick of LS and pick up GS and Hammer
>new world of big fat heavy weapons and big damage opens to me
>spend every game using biggest heaviest weapons
>finally bored of them in World, try DB again
>immediately transform into the Tasmanian Devil fly around cutting the planet in half
This is so much fun, and somewhat sentimental considering DB was my starting weapon all those years ago.

I wonder which other weapons I've been sleeping on for the past decade would be fun to try out now.

>not liking Jhen

My weapon of choice.

>he doesn't know

>it wins

That's so fucking annoying too. When I hit HR first thing I did was go to coral highlands and hunt Legiana for the HR armor set. I shit you not every hit I made popped up an "investigation has been added to the notice board" and I was hyped as fuck, then I went over there after finishing the hunt to find, and this is not hyperbole, FOURT FUCKING SEVEN investigation for tzitzi-ya-ku.
This happened for 18 hunts in a row, each time I came back i had to delete some 40 tzitzi-ya-ku investigations from the board and I only fought Legiana each time.

going back to try play switch axe after glaive fucking sucks since orange buff has minor knockback resistance. Trying to put myself in the same position with the axe that I can be in with the glaive just means I constantly get my shit pushed around as the monster turns

fuck off uni

Is the hat any good? I remember there being piercings as rewards for the arena that were supposed to be really good in previous games

>I'd say P3rd and Gen are more skill based
this is bait right

The only way this series could ever embrace new monster designs is to have a complete environment overhaul like tri did.

But god knows that the MH team won't ever do something like that again.