/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Previous Thread: This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Gundemoniums
[PS4] store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0704-CUSA07342_00-GUNDEMONIUMS0000
[PS Vita] store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0704-PCSG01027_00-GUNDEMONIUMS0000
>Infinos Gaiden
store.steampowered.com/app/771070
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
store.steampowered.com/app/745880
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4
>Pawarumi
store.steampowered.com/app/610410
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/570050
>Garegga M2 port (XBO)
m2stg.com/en/battle-garegga/xboxone/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Super Hydorah
store.steampowered.com/app/628800

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Earth Defense Force 4.1 Wing Diver
gematsu.com/2017/09/earth-defense-force-4-1-wing-diver-shooter-shoot-em-announced-ps4
>Blue Revolver Black Label Announced
bluerevolvergame.com/1year/

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
youtube.com/watch?v=GpAadiGdhTc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for lovely Casper! And now I'm going to bed. Good night /shmupg/.

aww and the deathsmiles stream started back up

inb4 300 posts from cee inspite of his claims that shmups are for mentally ill trannies
meanwhile he watches speed runs

now that's a rare pepe

>>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
Is this still coming out? The dev seems to have gone silent

at the trigger discipline retard, you're wrong. If tapping with one hand makes it harder for the other it's because your shit brain can't multi task and calculate multiple demands at the same time, the fuck dumb are you if you think having more talent is somehow a problem? stupid fuck.

how is posting here playing shmups? which trannies do i watch? infact none of the games i watch have any trans runners.

Touhou on easy mode is discouraged since it's too easy, what about the otheres, ok to start on easy/novice? Crimzon Clover is 80% off now so I'll get that when I get back home. (I got 1cc on poohu 11 normal though, maybe I can start with normal? No idea how SA compares to "real" shmups)

I think in CCWI the novice mode is also much easier than original in a similar way that easy in Touhou is.

The main thing that makes Touhou easier than the harder arcade games is the number of ressources you get, though that's on lunatic.
I think CCWI on normal would be quite difficult for you, but if you're willing to put in the needed effort you can definitely do it.

sa is pretty hard

you are tranny

great banter.

CCWI arcade mode is fucking hard

what are some good mobile shmups

aka to blue

>at the trigger discipline retard, you're wrong. If tapping with one hand makes it harder for the other it's because your shit brain can't multi task and calculate multiple demands at the same time, the fuck dumb are you if you think having more talent is somehow a problem? stupid fuck.
you're making less and less sense, but what do I know, I'll only have a degree in neuroscience in like 6 months

shmup speedruns? must be some special kind of autism.

>tfw you gave up speedgaming to play shmups
please tell me this hobby has less tranny freaks

There are fewer people playing shmups than there are trannies in speedrunning, so yes.

Actually, there are no people at all.

based

>please tell me this hobby has less tranny freaks
it has 0 girls of any kind too, so there's a tradeoff

>trannies
>people

Bermuda Triangle is the best shmup

>you're making less and less sense, but what do I know, I'll only have a degree in neuroscience in like 6 months
a perfect example of the state of modern academia, you're a fucking retard if you think it isn't possible to accumulate skill to minimize the mental deficit of doing 2 tasks at once, with both shmups and bmups i've done tapping and autofire and have no difference at all in performance but you obsess over the default point when yes a person will have issues but then through conditioning your talent builds, this accumulated skill is something i've grown exponentially through juggling (i commonly deal in varied throw pressures and different timing between hands), pinball (multiball skills) and anything else. Apparently they didn't cover the nature of learning, brain ability growth during rest and accumulated skill but then again the state of modern education it doesn't surprise me, spend less time with textbooks doing copy paste and more time actually doing things to find out through yourself through experience.

>please tell me this hobby has less tranny freaks
yup, we had a few but they are drying up and leaving.

>all i do is video games and juggling

If I were to hook you up to a proper apparatus, I'd register muscular activation at rest in one hand, when the other hand is moving. That must influence reaction times to some extent, but I never commented on the extent of this effect (it may very well be minute and probably is) nor the influence of learning (learning obviously cannot remove it fully, it's hard-wired). Your subjective anecdotal "it doesn't affect ME hurr durr" "evidence" is worth shit and autofire is cheating.

Here I am, trying to reason with the laughing stock of shmupg that outshines the kraut. Blame my education.

You really aren't very bright are you? I'll state again that yes the difference is more pronounced by DEFAULT but through learning processes it can be minimized, how fucking bereft of life experience do you have to be to not be able to consider accumulated ability through practice? else no one would learn to do any of these things and be eternally handicapped. I never said you could remove it fully only that it can be conditioned to be minimized to the point of not interfering with the task, all these things HAVE been mastered and now you're throwing in "autofire is cheating!" when that's not even being discussed, you might aswell wipe your arse with that degree it's worthless as proven by someone who doesn't have one running rounds around you with basic fucking common sense, fucking embarrassing, again go try doing things for yourself and measure your improvements over time you copy pasting text book fucking moron.

>I never said you could remove it fully only that it can be conditioned to be minimized to the point of not interfering with the task
>conditioned
>with deliberate practice
>not removed fully
>but somehow not interfering with the task even though it's not removed fully
how much of a clueless, mouthbreathing, shit talking, logical contradiction spouting retard can you be without realizing it like the rest of the world does? keep replying, this is hilarious

cee fits right in with the speed gamers he loves so much. the face of mental illness.

What tradeoff? Women getting involved in male hobbies is always detrimental.

Did anything cool happen

Bump

bump

you can look at the vods /matmousetwitch/videos/all
its high scoring follett runs that you missed

If the only thing you are interested in is a clean clear is this game any fun?

amazing

>doing degree in neurology
>still thinks defaults are absolute
>can't grasp the premise of practice and nullifying handicap through conditioning

Like i said that degree will come in handy, for wiping your arse lmao.

What do you mean "clean"? I personally find the game is fun if you play casually for score, ie. just try to do a full chain run and cancel nicely, but as soon as you try to milk catspider and really want to optimize everything, the game becomes hell.

By clean I meant not feeling like the only reason I was able to get a clear was by spamming every resource I had dry and counting on getting more when I take a hit. Some parts of Mushi Ultra feel like I am basically counting on having bombs in stock or hoping I have enough lives left to refill those bombs but I am bad in general so maybe its just me

Well, the game is really hard. Even just for survival, you will most likely have a very hard time survivng with good resources.

I personally would just try to get a full chain run. That was a fun task, and doable. But anything beyond that is really really difficult. And the endboss is so hard, that you have to be really good in order to survive this with lots of resources, so I would just concentrate on full chain run first.

bump

Bump

re-bump

No one here but us chickens.

Does /shmupg/ like anime?

Yes.

Thanks. Going to give it a try later in the week.

Bahmpu~

Unashamedly yes though I've not had the time to properly check out any of the new ones lately.

cee here, I hate anime so much

It's whatever. They're just tv shows like anything else and I barely watch any tv.

Bump

Cool.

I haven't either. The most recent anime I've watched was either Kill Me Baby or Little Busters, both of which have gotta be at least four years old by now. Right now I'm trying to motivate myself to watch Ojamajo Doremi, all 200-something episodes of it, since it's been on my backlog for over 10 years now. I'm not sure if I can really get into magical girl anime.

Ah, I see. Well, I figured not everyone here would like it.

I know the feeling. I don't even turn my TV on for background noise anymore, and I pretty much never feel like sitting down and dedicating time to watching a show.

Kraut here, i love all anime but much more prefer rather realistic anime like Ergo Proxy for example

The garegga WR holder is a transcuck.

I haven't followed it for years but sometimes I listen to anison while doing shmups practice

good taste
do you think there're still anime like that now in 2018?

>do you think there're still anime like that now in 2018?
I don't really follow this anymore, but when it comes to series such animes were always pretty rare. There still come out good movies though like the recent Blame! movie for example.

Sometimes, mostly it's just disappointing. Loving Gundam The Origin and looking forward to the last movie tho

Bahmpu~

youtube.com/watch?v=GpAadiGdhTc

Bahmpu~

>I pretty much never feel like sitting down and dedicating time to watching a show.
it's too hard. no way i can watch a 200 episode show of any type anime or not.

Only children and those with the mental capacity of a child like anime. So that includes most of this general.

I love you too, user

I feel the same way most of the time, but somehow I managed to watch all of Yu Yu Hakusho in about a month last summer, which is over 100 episodes long. So, I dunno. Maybe I can do it if I enjoy the show enough.

To each their own, then.

don't use words (and concepts) you don't understand if you're trying to appear smart, you'll just undermine yourself and broadcast your stupidity

why so many pedophiles in /shmupg/ ?

>why so many pedophiles in Veeky Forums ?

ftfy

Why do the highest IQ individuals play TGM and Battle Garrega?

Tetris is literally the most iq-demanding videogame, which is why neanderthals like cee hate it.

same XXXL fag

esa today?

no the americans did the space agency today

you're forced to have sex with one person in this image
whomst do you choose?

One of the guys that are not crossplaying.

>Does /shmupg/ like anime?
I used to as a teen but now i'm an adult not so much, it's all complete shit after the 80s and some 90s anyway, all childish as fuck today.

you will never be me you cuck soldier.

Is that right? Tell us more about your inability to grasp the premise of improvement through learning and your wonderful groundbreaking thesis "AUTOFIRE IS CHEATING!", truly an academic text book copying titan of the age.

>you're forced to have sex with one person in this image
>whomst do you choose?
all of them, hope they like ar-15 full metal jacket dildo bullets.

>ESA Winter 2018: February 17th through 25th
i mistaked

jesus what a waste of time, your generation needs purging.

>which is why neanderthals like cee hate it.
what? i love tetris thus why i was the only one shilling the nes tetris championships here. I hate fat people kevinXXXXL not tetris.

>what a waste of time
>posting on Veeky Forums
sure

I stopped tracking my watched stuff a decade ago
I'm getting old, it's very hard to do day marathon these days fug

>Tell us more about your inability to grasp the premise of improvement through learning and your wonderful groundbreaking thesis "AUTOFIRE IS CHEATING!", truly an academic text book copying titan of the age.
no matter how simply and patiently I explain it to your dumb ass, you just don't get it
also
>premise of improvement through learning
>premise

Sort of, but I pretty much don't watch it nowadays. When I do watch something, it better not be full of moeshit and be generic.

keep up semantics until you go blue in the face, the fact is you're the one doing the degree lad so it's a good idea to maybe start thinking. It's not a good look when someone outside of your circle proudly without a degree can run rings around you in your own subject eh mr "humans can't improve from the default". Why don't you run a simple experiment on yourself? record your ability now in tapping and how it affects your performance then practice for 2 weeks and see what happens? or is that to "anecdotal" for you?

why is cuckoldism so popular in japan

>switch port
>switch port
>switch port
stupid fking devs

>thread about shmup.
>it's all about trans, touhou garbage and loli shit.

Because here the people can be themselves without immediately getting banned by some mod cunts getting triggered.

>hate muchi pork more every time i play it
>keep playing anyway

game is fucking junk.

stop being retarded

not liking a YGW game.

what"s wrong with you ?

i like to give a game a fair chance but this shit is dire.

>not liking a YGW game.
i like his good games but this just reeks of sh-3 era "we have no ideas left."