Will Russia ever recover from communism? Or did it fuck them up eternally?

Will Russia ever recover from communism? Or did it fuck them up eternally?

Maybe after Putin dies, assuming there are any republican institutions left.

why should they be back to feudalism? communism is part of their historical experience as a nation

Russia has been fucked up beyond repairer since Ivan the Terrible.
His actions are comparable to the French close to completely destroying Paris then declaring some peasant shithole to be France's new capital.

Russia has to recover from capitalism before it starts to recover from communism

only recently did they start to match the gdp of the Soviet Union in 1990

They haven't recovered from the Romanovs yet

>Russia doesn't have the sane GDP as when they had Georgia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Armenia and many other nations within their borders.

This must be capitalism's fault.

More like this leftard's fault

Russia didn't even exist before him lmao

I think it was Tsardom that fucked them up.

Will Russia ever recover from the Mongols? Or did it fuck them up eternally?

I think you should do some reading on how much of a massive shitshow privatization was in Russia in the 90s and how much of the population had a better standard of living in the 80s than they do now.

Yet the Baltic states are somehow improving.

I thought the OP was asking about Russia?

Sudden moment of above average inner retardation on my part.

Putin siphons money from the nationalized gas company to enrich himself and the rest of the economy is basically organized crime. Russia is basically a mafia state.

People need to basically chimpout for Russia to have a chance at this point imho

>this will be the state of America in 4 years

Someone who's actually been to Russia here to call you an absolute retard for saying that the standard of living in the 80s was better than it is today. It is loads, loads better than it was back then, when people had to fucking queue for basic necessities.

This user basically sums it up; it's rule by thieves who dress their theft up in patriotism and nationalism. Not that their patriotism isn't real, it's just a convenient cover for screwing over the little guy "for the common good."

Yeah, the point is that they had a better GDP from the economies of other nations working alongside their's.

It was the conservatism and resistance to reform in the 19th century that fucked them up.

As someone who has been to Russia, material conditions are infinitely better than the 80s now. Though the 'class divide game' is coming back hard.

All that is irrelevant though, because when Putin dies Russia will collapse into infighting for his "throne". However ephemeral supporters might want to think that throne is, it is real. And agents foreign and domestic eye it greedily.

It's Bismark to Wilhelm II all over again.

There is no competent man (good or evil is immaterial) waiting to catch the reigns of power that the strong competent man (technically illegally) took unto himself to run the country on the brink.

In all likelihood Putin's successor whether a criminal or a democratically elected official will do some damn fool thing to threaten China and the iron dice will roll when America inevitably sticks its nose in, dragging the EU with them.

Since Peter the Great *

Can you elaborate?

They need to have lived under communism to even to even recover from it

I can't decide who did more damage to Russia, Lenin or Jeltsin. How does that even happen twice in one century?

Lenin

Not even close IMO, Yeltsin was just incompetent

Lenin was practically Satan

>retard for saying that the standard of living in the 80s was better than it is today
life was better in the 80s based on shit like HIV rate, heroin addiction rates, homeless rates, and crime rates alone

so the stores are packed now. big whoop. most russians have to spend half their paycheck for groceries and most supermarkets are under armd guard and people have to check in their bags.

but hey if they save for 18 months straight at least they don't have to wait in line for a smart phone amirite

Despotism is the biggest problem in the russian way of of understanding every idealogy. As Slavoj Zizek about the russians:
>You want Tsardom.. YOU GET DESPOTISM
>You want communism... YOU GET DESPOTISM
>You want democracy... YOU GET DESPOTISM
>You want free market... YOU GET DESPOTISM.
>You want strong companies.. YOU GET DESPOTISM.

Yeah, that's it.

I felt really bad when I read that we exported him to russia to fuck shit up.
Weaponized commishits are like a spiritual nuke for a country

Salutations, my fellow redditor!

*saves the environment*

Moscow or rural Russia?

I think Communism is the worst idea we've ever had to be honest

That tends to happen after an entire country collapses.

This image needs to be more widespread on international boards.

Their problem is shitty farmland.

That image needs to be translated to spread to international boards.

the soviet union never collapsed, it was dissolved

russia itself collapsed twice after the dissolution of the union

Russian here. The people need to be healed and treated properly. That's the only thing that matters. More than half of our consists of scum who need to be purged. The rest are either faggots who were raised by a single mother, degenerate whores, retards who waste all of their money to show off and very few Russians are actually human. We've forgotten our culture. We've traded our music and literature for western rock bands and Fifty Shades of Gray. And the worst thing is: most people are in a constant state of apathy. They don't care. That must be fixed.

Better people will forge a better Motherland.

migrate to ukraine lol

>migrate to a western puppet state torn apart by war
No, thanks.

How was lenin satan?

He invented Marxism-Leninism. Something many hates by many left right and center.

>migrate to a western puppet state
Ukraine used to be your puppet state for a much longer time, you Russian fuck

I'm not denying that, am I?

>MUH INNOCENT TSAR
>EBIL REVOLUTIONARIES
>MUH GRAIN
fuck off kulak

I love it when well fed western teenagers going through their commie phase who
have never felt a hunger pang in their entire life write off millions of peasants starving to death due to Soviet retardation because have to build muh communism.

Genuinely kill yourself redditcommie

If you died right now, no harm would befall the world.

>"(About Russians) They are all more or less disguised imperialists, including revolutionists. The trait of these minds, always longing for the absolute, is a vivid centralism. They loathe varieties, cannot conciliate dissonances - such things dull their will and imagination to the extent that they cannot combine varieties into one whole; they reject even the idea of conscious social organizations. [...] Let everything happen by itself, vividly - that is the wisest solution according to them, because it is the simplest and the easiest. Which is why there are so many anarchists among them. A strange thing, but I have never met any republicans among Russians"
Thoughts on that?

Technically markets would become fractionally less efficient by a 7 billionth.

>cant answer the question
Okay

Russia is fucked if Putin doesn't groom a god tier successor. Putin has basically become the messiah figure that is preventing the Russian political system from collapsing (like with old school monarchies the peasants blame the terrible system on the lackie lords rather than the popular king). Once he goes it is going to be an absolute shit show.
>having to care about incompetent useless monarchs to feel Lenin was fucking terrible
Lenin was an autist who ensured the collapse of the fledgling Russian republic because he couldn't handle political competition. This is to say nothing of his victory permanently infusing the "dictatorship of the proletariat through the vanguard party" into communist thought.

I think he talks about the sacking and massacre of Novgorod. It was a rich and powerful city before that.

Ho-ho!

With a sense of humor THAT strong, I'm sure you'll fit in perfectly over at /r/fullcommunism, comrade!

Death to capitalism! xD

>wasting my time conversing seriously with subhuman commies

Kill yourself

>most russians have to spend half their paycheck for groceries

When I first went food was alright, but between August 2014 and August 2015 food prices increased anywhere from 200% to 500%. That's entirely the fault of Putin and his ilk staging a frozen conflict in Ukraine and seizing Crimea. Of course the EU and US were going to place sanctions on Russia, and of course the price of oil was not going to stay high forever - they got hit with both at the same time, and it truly sucks to suck. They've entirely neglected the development of their country beyond its energy resources just to enrich the governing class.

Industries are given out like fiefdoms to loyalists, and those who got their industries in the 90s now need to heed Moscow or else risk losing it all, meaning there is almost no innovation or risk-taking and that industry in the Russian state exists solely as a source of income for those who are useful to the governing class. The fact that Russian employers are typically idiots and are all dirty and pay workers off the books, etc, and thus can always be taken down for illegal activity if Moscow wants, is another thing working against them. Russia is just fucked, governmentally and morally speaking.

>but hey if they save for 18 months straight at least they don't have to wait in line for a smart phone amirite

Everyone there when I went had a smartphone, they just can't afford imports right now because their currency is shit (thanks again, Moscow) and they have no smart phone makers of their own.

I think you're just assuming that that's the way things are now and that must be the way they've always been.

Novosibirsk, third largest city in the country.

You mean Ivan III the Great? He sacked Novgorod, same as what French did to Burgundy later.

Still not answered the question lol, why was Lenin satan?

does putin have children or competent relatives?
can he just establish a monarchy?
desu from who ive talked to is russia the idea isnt wholly unsupported

It basically tells that the Russian political elite and Putin's close circle are all ex-communists

He has two daugther.

>putin dies
>kadyrov seizes power

isn't that kinda obvious? they're clearly older people who have lived in soviet union

>replace a quasi criminal with a literal criminal

can't wait!

How is Putin not a literal criminal?

Like they chimped out in the original revolution?

>tfw russia will become an islamic state by putin's death
great feel desu

>Implying he won't have sold it to China by then

Straw man arguments don't prove anything, friendo. And for the record, I am not some privileged intellectual commie, my family lost everything in 2008, largely because of Wall Street fucking over everyone since the Lewis Powell Memorandum.