/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

You cannot resist perfection edition

about to be erased by Zen-Oh >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Network colors (the square next to the name)
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/view/dbfzhbtchamber/home
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DBS is not canon.

Wish i was Cell bros...

OFFICIAL TIER LIST

Viable tier:
Everyone but teen Gohan

DBM is not canon.

DBZ is not canon

Android 16 is for soyboys

The range on this is hilarious

It's fullscreen off a IAD.

that gif is too cute

>Goku shittalks Piccolo's adopted son in the outro

18 is a good girl I like her lots c:

Wrong.

honestly, if DBM is canon just because Toriyama wrote it you might as well call Android 21 canon because he designed her. until specified otherwise, I have no reason to believe a bonus chapter at the end of Jaco is something I should consider canon.

Long live Bardock: Father of Goku. The purest of all Bardocks. May he live in our hearts, forever.

Every character has cool combos. What the fuck is your point?

Android 21 is canon and also dead.

Anime is still all hand drawn, it's just digitally colored instead of colored by hand. The main reason behind the new aesthetics being bad is just Yamamuro's designs, and the new colours, and the upcoming hiatus seems like the perfect opportunity to ditch both, and get a good schedule so that the animation is more consistent.

Jaco is the precursor to DB, it's canon.
It doesn't really matter which is canon, everyone prefers the "non-canon" version of Bardock and that's the only version that will ever be relevant in the franchise, so why complain?

thats 5k off a 2M. literally every character does this

Solid State Scouter is the only canon you need

I don't understand why put your opponent out of the corner when you can land a regular level 1 on the ground.

>2 meter
You retard.

>2M means 2 meter
user...

>2 meter
What the fuck, user?

really? that's the first I've heard of that.

I will never accept it. you're right on some level, most people hate DBM and love Father of Goku, but I've encountered a few people who take great pleasure in DBM being canon and it makes me sick.

Toriyama was a mistake.

literally what

I think there are a whole bunch of characters that won't be viable once people start giting gud for reals desu. Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Teen Gohan, Gotenks, to name a few.

oh

it was I that was the retard all along

sorry user

I was running Yamcha/Goku/Tien but I'm starting to hit a wall so I'm researching and practicing before I get back into ranked.

I decided to switch out Goku for Cell and make him my point, and make Yamcha my mid since that's where most people seem to put him. Is Tien a good anchor? I'm decided on the other two but if Tien doesn't work I don't know who I'd even replace him with.

why is everyone sleeping on yamcha all of a sudden. the man literally has solo fuzzy conversions. expect gotenks to be around, he actually has stuff. same with tien, especially sparking tien.

I went against this guy who dominated me by constantly mashing light attacks and overhead while I do my best to sit in block.
I actually have time to reach to overhead right? I just whack them with a light attack and others are too slow?

Please post cute android 18's

its not your team user, its just your fundamentals. watch other people play your charcter and try to copy things they do

Style, i guess.

>tfw you wanna keep playing but you're too tired and you keep fucking up combos

it's better to keep them in he corner. In this game constant pressure is important, if fact i've seen a lot of higher level players choose not to finish off a combo with a super (unless they can kill the opponent or do a ton of extra damage) since constant pressure with 2 assists is just better to do, since it's hard for them to get out of it and it's easier to set up another combo than tack on and extra 900 damage.

Play casual and mash x.

Now show me hitting this on any of the small characters. Oh right, it doesn't fucking work.

yes, I've noticed this as well just from my own play. it's tempting to wanna burn a few bars when you get someone in the corner but it's best to save the meter and just go for oki. you learn your lesson pretty fast when you burn 4 bars to take 7k health and they swap out.

Most of the ladder are tall characters though.

idk I might just go lay down user

Yamcha's normals are awful, and his damage is low. Having automatic frametraps doesn't mean much since pretty much every character can frametrap just as well by just delaying thei chains. Gotenks can do stuff, but his damage is awful due to all his specials being lots of small hits fucking up the scaling. Tien is a basic character that falls flat compared to other basic characters like Black and Cell. He might've been good if Shin Kikoho left him with blue health, but as it is now he just kills himself if he want any damage and he doesn't do anything special as far as neutral or mixup go.

I fixed it.

I wonder what Majuub would be like if he fused with #21 as well.

nice, the teleport concept was cool, it's just not as good as not using it
>uub
please no

Nice.

Doesn't make t.gohan any more consistent or less trash. I'd bet that version doesn't even work on mediums either.

And of course I forgot my pic.

>tfw you finally figure out how to land a combo with specific timing consistently
only took me 2 hours

you're the man now, dog.

What will Broly's level 1 and level 3 be?

has a level 7 LSS3 install

Can you do the teleport one after that or do you need to be higher?

He better fucking have the Blaster Shell screen effect from the budokai games.

I didnt say they were going to be on every team but I dont think theyre going tp be irrelevant.

Honest question, how do I approach someone across the screen?
When I dash forward I just run into shit constantly. Super dashing is obviously suicidal.
Do I just jump forward all the time?

big punch and big kick

so I made a near deathcombo with my 21/Vegeta/Goku team
requires Sparking, but you activate it during the combo
I'm like 20 damage short for it being a killcombo

I should learn neutral instead

Dash'n-block.

IAD.

Vanish.

Special moves that cover distance like teleports, dive kicks, charge techs, etc., if your character has them.

Or you can bait them to come to you.

>there's a dragon ball fighterz general now
?? why not just talk about it in /dbg/ or /fgg/?

beam assist, super dash when you think it's safe, vanish, IAD, jump forward, ranged beams and blasts

You need to be higher.

Make sense. My problem is that I am a fag that doesn't like to keep his opponent on the corner. I like hit-and-run battles and put the enemy to the test on the move. It's not a winning strategy and of course nobody gives me the same treatment, so i lost a lot., still I enjoy more the battle like this, rather than remove the pad / stick to my opponent.

>/fgg/
thats a good one

>/fgg/
Got a chuckle out of me.

/fgg/ is pretty garbage and /dbg/ is really just a xenoverse general that decided to get greedy and label itself a general Dragon Ball thread. these threads have been chill and helpful for the most part so its cool.

Beam assist, or move forward carefully waiting for a Super dash.

/fgg/ is only for sniffposting and shitposting.

First fighting game so I'm not too good with the terms. IAD?

Instant air dash. There's a glossary in the OP if you need help.

I've never played fighting games before how do I evolve from just being a button masher

Why would you want to

Did someone say power levels?

1/25

How do I make the training dummy just do a wake up attack and nothing else?

>sites.google.com/view/dbfzhbtchamber/home

user wanted a website with combo resources last night, so I put together a quick and dirty one from my evernote combos. Characters I play have more detail (nappa, 16, couple others). Mostly covers stuff like what to do from super dash, dragon rush, 2H punishes, random specials/beams that hit and couple midscreen and corner combo. Has videos and notation for all. There's likely more optimal stuff, but its a good starting point for anyone struggling.

I don't quite understand why my opponent just reaches me first with their attacks. Is there a priority system with the attacks?

2/25

So is it me or is it impossible to find arena matches consistently? I swear it takes fucking forever to get one started

questions like this are hard to answer because there's a lot different aspects that go into it. a lot of it is just time and experience, but also how much time you're putting into learning about the game and fighting game concepts/theory in general.

there are also a lot of good resources out there. lots of content, especially on youtube nowadays. I'm sure there's plenty being made for DBFZ specifically too.

3/25

yes, bring it on.

You only get arena matches within your own aren lobby.
Even if there are people inside lobby arena matches seem to work in sets and take a while to get.

>yamcha already lower than krillin
wew

Builds 2.75 meter.

Been interested in sparking lately since it adds a bunch of mechanics but I can't really utilize them yet. So this is a simple sparkling cancel combo.

Is this game dead on PC like most fighting games?

4/25

It's a pain since I just want the trophy for doing 20 oh well back to grinding rated

5/25

no.. and Tekken/SFV and even Guilty Gear to some extent are not dead on PC.

Just joing the dedicated arena lobbies, there are usually plenty of people inside.

mr popo was strong as fuck

Is there any information regarding the final power of Freeza and Goku Super Saiyan? The last "precise" data, well, more or less, was Freeza second form, with a million.

6/25

7/25

8/25

When Chichi was still pretty.

Thanks

9/25