Escape from Tarkov - /eftg/ M.O.N.O.L.I.T.H. Edition

Quickstart Guide, resource ref sheet and FAQ:
pastebin.com/KhTaGq4E (embed) (embed)

Maps with Extraction Points:
gamemaps.co.uk/game/tarkov

List of Trade-In Loot:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S0driY-17iz7Ihg3QQrIQnVDn_k3huCzxtzrGKCjnRA/edit#gid=0

List of Quest Item Loot:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t85qw8eSbu-o3mkNTm7SVtwrQVOOkQuN6y2aldqEj64/edit#gid=0

>Discords
"""""OFFICIAL"""" EFT discord for beta news:
discord.gg/8KsHTGF
/eftg/ official US based discord:
discord.gg/BEEk538
MONOLITH EU discord:
discord.gg/sKyQny6

>Latest major patch noes
forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/58320-patch-071910/

>Ammunition info (questionable validity - wiki appears to me to be the most accurate)
escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Ammunition
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HVNodTxYYzr1EtAasUqkdS89nTpD55tsnpTrEwfKFBI/htmlview?sle=true#
tarkovballistics.blogspot.de/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/WzBSmZpA
tarkov.directory/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Previous Thread:

Fort is not OP

>monolith eu discord
is that a stolker referrnde

Fort is OP and makes the game into CoD

Too bad real life is COD.

proofs?

I'm a milfag.
I done that I know how shit works.

no proofs...

Ok ,took pic just now.

no kill kitty, post proof of cod

Should I keep saiga 9s?
I've been getting a bunch of them on factory and from what I understand they're smgs.

I'd just sell them for cash desu. SMGs are pretty bottom of the barrel right now.

>semi auto SMG
I mean, it's better than snackarov, but it's still worthless

Literally every balance issue with the game right now can be traced back to Fort being OP and unrealistic (mainly due to how the health and armour system works).

in this current state fasdt/fort is OP but maybe when we have better hitboxes it could be remedied
like having face exposed or less protected, sides, back and arms not receiving the same protection as the chest, etc.

Fort is completely reallistic and not OP
Git Gud.
This isnt call of duty where yo ucan just pick it up.

>wear fort
>sprint everywhere
>in the middle of the road even
>tank 5 scavs
>no reason to sneak anymore, i can tank 15+ bullets from the mid tier weapons
you're right, this is not cod, this is world of tanks

Whats wrogn with that?

This is the only communit that cries about Fort armour in this game, every single other autistic or normal person just accepts it as high tier gier that you have to earn.

i want to play a tactical survival game not The Division, where every enemy tanks 3x60 round mags

So play rust or some shit? This isn't it.

But rust is garbage
maybe you should go play wot or some mmorpg instead and let everyone who wants to play an fps to play it? what so hard to understand?

>"Fort is realistic"
>literally entire torso nigh bulletproof
>breaks the laws of physics by nullifying kinetic energy, a 12ga slug won't even leave you breathless
>behaves as if the armour plates had 100% coverage even under the armpits
>complimentary Kiver stops rifle rounds without giving the user even a headache or temporary daze
>only parts not covered by fort+kiver are the arms and legs where you can take 4 7.62 rounds and be fine if you get to cover
>any slowdown or such that hinders you from getting into cover can be negated in 2 seconds by popping painkillers via hotkey
>extra weight doesn't matter since there isn't a long-term exhaustion mechanic

t. fortniggers

The game is supposed to be realistic, this is not realistic in the slightest, maybe you should go look at how actual armour works? I mean shit if it was this easy to be a walking tank why even bother with field medics?

Wot is trahs and Fort is balanced.
Stop crying, git gud, and play for more than 5 hours to start talking shit about things you don't understand.

'git gud' is not an argument, stop wearing fort and you'll see how retarded it is

Where does it say that it's supposed to be reallistic?
Check out cs/siege/battlefield those gameshave armor and they cover the entire body. Dont see you kids rying abotu that being OP or unreallistic.

are you fucking retarded? or can't read?

Most of the time im not and I have no problem with forts. I kill them when im smart, i lose to them when im stupid.

Can someone seriously explain to me whats so OP about fort? I have been playing only 2 hours now but I killed one pretty easy.

you killed a fort scav, they have it at 0 durability
on average if its not remington or a dvl with AP rounds it takes on average more than 15 bullets to kill a fortnigger, assuming every bullet hits, this makes it that if a fortnigger makes a mistake he still has more than enough time to recover, get in cover/kill you/heal up
in a game where a mistakes are punished by a loss of your equipment, fort completely negates any risks, you only need to fear 4 man fortnigger groups with the best equipment, everything else you can just shrug off

So it lets them do 1 more mistake?
What so bad about that?

it comes with no downsides, it's just straight u better than anything you can get

Hows that an argument?

>how is Tarkov different from CS/Siege/BF

So this is the level of intelligence of fortniggers, whoah

Prove to me that tarkov MUST be ultra reallistic with polygon colission hitboxes and permanent aka buy once and not be able to play ever again.

>List of controls for new players (there are more than what's shown in-game):
pastebin.com/WzBSmZpA

>Secondary in-game maps link
tarkov.directory/

how is it not?
compared to paca
>lvl 2 protection vs lvl 6
>protects chest and stomach vs arms, neck, chest, stomach
>15% movement impairment vs 30%
>both don't affect sprint speed
>will stop a few buckshots and pistol rounds vs will stop everything but the biggest ap rounds

so you trade 15% speed for almost complete immunity to 90% of the guns
seems like a balanced trade off ;^)

i am fine with fort making you into a tank, but i am not fine when it has no meaningful downsides to it

>game focusing on realism and authenticity
>devs put tonnes of work into modelling specific real life equipment
>spend ages modelling guns and ballistics
>"Why is fort being completely unrealistic and turning you into a walking tank bad?"

>polygon colission hitboxes
I'm not sure what that is in your brainlet mind, but I assume you mean per-poly collision. Which by the way isn't needed, specific plate collision boxes are fine, or just use a texture for armour (which they probably do already).

Fort is fucked both from a game balance perspective and from a realism perspective, it has no legs to stand on, only fortniggers defend it.

It's not nearly as OP as a lot of people like to say. It blocks bullets the way body armor should. The real issue is mobility related, similar to what was talking about. Fort should probably have a bit bigger impact on movement speed and sprint speed (maybe 40-45% instead of 30%), as well as increase stamina drain rates and decrease stamina regeneration rates (sorta like when you're playing stlaker and carrying a bunch of shit).

>3x60 round mags to kill Fort
Gross exaggeration. You can body shot someone in Fort in 10-15 shots of 5.45, which is reasonable given the fact that Fort is supposed to be classified under one of the highest protection levels for body armor.

What kind of guns do you hope for other than 5 million different AKs?

>Pistols
G17 has been revealed and I hope we get a full-auto sear for it as an upgrade. Kinda hoping for a USP but since we got the P226, I'm kinda doubting on that one.
>Rifles
G3 revealed, but I hope they don't make it exceptionally rare or hard to get. Rather, I'd like to make it like a PK lvl 2 or 3 weapon you can buy. We're kinda lacking in the low to midrange department of NATO guns as is. I'm hoping it could be the USEC equivalent of the AKM/S or the AK74N.
Hk416 is also confirmed, but I hope its more of a sidegrade to the M4.
Steyr AUG A3 would be cool too.
M16 and M249 are what I want too.
>SMGs
Surprised there isn't the UMP in either 9x19mm or the .45 ACP version already. It's a nifty little gun that has a bunch of modding potential straight out of the box.
A scav tool-shed built STEN would also be pretty cool and would make things a little more varied rather than them having 90% shotguns.
>sniper rifles
M107/Barrett .50 cal. Why? Because fuck you, fuck anyone around you, behind you and in front of you.

You aren't playing though. You're just bitching. Upgrade your shit, your tactics, or continue to get shredded by fort players.

They aren't unkillable unless you are a total scrublord.

personally i want to see scar-l and -h, as well as an aug, tho i am more of an AK man myself, tho

i am playing and i've been using the same fort i got off a scav for 5+ raids without feeling any danger

>You can body shot someone in Fort in 10-15 shots of 5.45, which is reasonable given the fact that Fort is supposed to be classified under one of the highest protection levels for body armor.
The problem is, that's reasonable when hitting the plates, but the game currently does not account for the weaker parts of the armour that would very likely get hit if you got sprayed with 15 rounds. Being able to take several rounds to the legs and arms and just ignore it with a hotkey doesn't help at all.

A .458 rifle.

I'm honestly pretty stoked about having 100 different AKs as well as the AS VAL and VSS. Other than those I guess I'm looking forward to/hoping for the ACR, UMP, P90, and something chambered in .300 memeout the most.

I think the Scar is supposed to be the next NATO AR that we're getting, so you're in luck.

Mate Im a soldier and you have to lug heavier shit than tight fitting comfortable body armour all day long. Also one blocks pistols rounds, the other rifle rounds. What rounds are there between those two? That's right, none. The downside is extreme price/rarity and ease to kill a fort. that's right just for 1/4 the price you can buy a weapon that literally kills a fortfast in 1(ONE) hit to any area and its semiautomatic to boot.
You have no excuses to continue complaining about fort instead of dealing with them.

Then you haven't met anyone running decent ammo. Pp 5.45, m855a1 or God forbid m61 will stomp your ass into the ground with that attitude.

Fast fort is a joke against m61.

>The problem is, that's reasonable when hitting the plates, but the game currently does not account for the weaker parts of the armour that would very likely get hit if you got sprayed with 15 rounds. Being able to take several rounds to the legs and arms and just ignore it with a hotkey doesn't help at all.
That's a fair point. It would be nice to see HP an protection level for different sections of armor similar to how you can see HP for different body parts. Maybe when they finally add the plate/plate carrier system, but who knows. As far as the hotkey to issue goes, that'll at least be fixed with the addition of medical animations, whenever those get added. soon ™

We need more western/nato guns. I'm not an ak fan in the slightest bit. I like the sks though.

Bruv it's a slave simulator. I myself am quite excited about getting to play with stalker only slavshit like stetchkins and grozas and such instead of ar-variant #87

Slav simulator* Thanks phone.

I understand its a slav simulator but having more nato guns would flesh out usec more and make more non slavs happy.

>pe
What you're getting tho is AK-variant #999 and a vss.

You forget that this is a warzone and not an american shopping mall.
Western guns are rare as fuckall and weird civilian arms WILL NOT be and CANNOT BE in the warzone just because it's impossible to supply them through current traders. None of them have the necessary connections.

I will say I don't really care about lots of ak variants either. I'd rather see some crazy Russ prototype and spec ops gear, and the same for non-AR NATO stuff. But most of NATO just uses different flavored stoner stuff.

Gimme HKs and FNs... Augs. FALs etc.

For anyone who missed it last thread, or didn't see it before 404, we're confirmed (by Klean) not getting a wipe with the Interchange update or at any point this month unless something big changes.

You better not mention no-wipes around here again.

>No weird civilian arms
>Every scav is carrying a smooth bore

How about old surp arms like FALs and the already confirmed G3? Kind of like the shit isis has right now...

>Mfw stg44 and fast/fort

>not taking the grip off too

Im talking about western arms. How would a random civie in russia have access to an ar15 or proper automatic aks? He wouldn't. Neither traders. Prapor just cant order them because russia doesn't make those. Peaceeker would get a warzone trial for ordering civilian grade shit weapons for unknown purposes with government cash. Don't even know where skier gets his shit but anyway. Then theres fence who might be able to acquire those if he cared enough.

>Peacekeeper does all kind of shady shit
>but AR15s are too far
ehhhhhhh

Skier literally trades in civ grade arms.

But you're "that guy" that went ape shit over tribunals for peacekeeper.

If there are going to be civ combatants in an area with Western interests, there could be any kind of weapon imaginable brought in by any number of parties, including people like skier

But you've already declared if you see an m&p 15 you're going to burn down bsg so I'm not going to bother continuing.

Civ grade RUSSIAN ARMS.
Explain to me where the hell would he get his gruby hands on american rifles?
It is.

I don't get it you complain about fort armour "not being realistic" But when I bring up why it would be weird for someone who is only responsible for making sure that soldiers preorder weapons that he has no control of besides transporting and distribution you pretend like its totally normal and how it works irl.

I'm mostly annoyed by some of the AK versions that are seemingly unnecessary.
Take the AKM for example. It comes in:
>AKM
>AKMS
>AKMN
and if you wanna be extra picky, the VPO.

So that's the same gun in 3 different flavours. Mind you, some of these difference are minimal, like the AKMN has a dovetail mount and the AKMS has a folding stock. 3 different guns that are literally all the same. Hell why not add some more of them like AKMP which is the same as the AKM but has tritium sights! Don't even get me started on the retarded SKS choice. Why even bother with the standard SKS if everyone just straight up buys OP-SKSs anyway. As much as I like AKs, I just wish they'd just give us the modding options to just make some of them.

"UN peacekeeping forces supplies officer, based in one of the central checkpoints leading to the Tarkov port zone. The blue helmets have been venturing into small deals from the very beginning, buying everything of value in exchange for western weapons, ammo and some kinds of military equipment."

I don't understand your argument at all, where's the evidence, where are the proofs?
>Shady guy who does shady shit and very clearly does deals on the sides along with his other UN buddies cannot secure AR-15s.
It's ridiculous, he trades in western arms, that's what he does, he's the perfect gateway. He doesn't need to use government cash, he's already swimming in money from all of his dealing in tarkov as being the only person supplying some of the higher grade weapons and equipment, including the western gear that USEC prefers.

how can i adopt a Monololi?

>Why even bother with the standard SKS if everyone just straight up buys OP-SKSs anyway
Other points are valid but here they just limit you to when you can start going into long range with scopes.

I mean, I doubt it was a significant amount of extra work to make the AKMS and AKMN after they already made the AKM. Same for the SKS/OP-SKS. Anyway, if the AKM variants bother you, you're probably not gonna be too happy when we get the AK-100 series.

This. It's just slavaboos who don't want people running around with ARs like it's Sandy Hook.

But they already do. You need Skier lvl 2 to be able to buy the mount and Prapor lvl 2 to buy the PSO.

Let me break it down for you son. You have a reading impairment.
>UN peacekeeping forces supplies officer
Aka government cash. He doesn't buy the weapons wit hhis own money he can only order them and it's paid from the allocated budget and each order is reviewed by higher ups.
>The blue helmets have been venturing into small deals from the very beginning, buying everything of value in exchange for western weapons, ammo and some kinds of military equipment."
This only means that they sell what they are givent by their superintendent. They only have acess to FULLY AUTOMATIC ar15. Semi auto ar15 is not something they would even be allowed to buy in US and carry over to the warzone or somethign that they could acquire in the local area.

And level 1 to buy the noscope sks which you cant outfit with a scope. Whats your point?

Eh, I'm kinda whatever about it, really. It's stupid, but it is, at the end of the day, still a slav simulator and I'm fine with it. I genuinely like the AKs and I know you could prolly fill the fucking Mariana Trench with how many different versions of them there are, but really, all I want is to have some equivalents in NATO/Western guns as to have the illusion of choice. Im stoked for the AK107 with the counter-recoil rod. Seems like a bitch to balance against everything.

>He doesn't buy the weapons with his own money
You literally don't know this. You have know source, you are just making a claim with zero evidence. Your entire argument is just one big assumption, and until I see something quoted from the game that says "shady man is incapable of spending his own money", you're just full of shit.

Because it's completely unnecessary? To get the mount and thescope, you'd have to put 400k into the Prapor and 600k into Skier + doing their Rep quests to get them to lvl 2. I think that this is already steep entry to finally get an SKS with a scope. It's probably the single most worthless gun in the game.

Yeah there definitely need to be some more NATO rifles in already. Scar should be next up. I'd like to see some G36s and FALs in addition to the stuff they've already confirmed (like the G3 and HK416).

>Seems like a bitch to balance against everything.
Doubt they're gonna balance the gun itself against other weapons, if that's what you mean. If anything, they'd probably just make it harder to acquire.

Holy shit how stupid are you.
Hes literally working for the government, selling GOVERNMENT WEAPONS. It can't be clearer, this is how people in exCCCP get by in government jobs. I was in the military and we used to steal ammo all the time, the superintendant would order random shi that was order by some CO and take half of it home. This is how we do things around here, this is how peacekeepr does this.

You dont need to balance anything in tarkov. Make it work how its supposed to and it will works out its own niche.

I would like to see the headshots, that don't penetrate helmets would inflict the same effect as a grenade exploding near you, so tanking shots and then turning around to counter would not be as viable and would solve most of the "i wear fort, i kill you while i tank your entire magazine" problems

shotguns would like to speak with you

>use saiga 12g w/ slugs
>find out they can't penetrate anything, let alone armor
>cry

Yeah that's definitely something that needs to happen.

Yeah that's why he hands out Russian gear as well right? Because he has it stocked in his strictly NATO armory. Oh wait, that doesn't make any sense, it's almost like he can deal in nearly any weapon according to the game (since he actual has a connection to the world beyond Tarkov) and independently acquire gear if he wants to, unlike what you've decided in your head.

>Find out they do 200 damage per shot with extremely little pellet spread on range.
>run factory naked one shotting forts all day.
They do what they do they cost what they would cost irl relatively to other weapons. If they're shit compared to everything else thats too bad. Cant help ya, that's how real life works. Just because a gucci watch costs 100kuseuros. doesnt mean it does anything better than a normal one.

>What's a war trophy.

>He can independently acquire weapons and equipment
Yes, I agree.

Yep, Still doesnt imply Civilian grade Ar15 because they don't exist in russian warzone.
He buys what his little wardude find for him and resells it to pmcs.

Stop wasting time arguing with him man.

Yes just run away in fear.

Doesn't matter, he can independently use cash to acquire other weapons. Until the AR-15 is in game (if ever) and he can't sell it, there's no reason to believe that Peacekeeper couldn't sell them. Until that point, there is zero proof either way, and it's a complete possibility down to what the devs want to do. (Whether the AR-15 is in the game, and then who sells it).

I'll waste as much time as I want. The discussion has reached a conclusion anyway, there is no more details from the game to bring up.

>Things that have never happened: the post.

Im talking specifically Civilian single fire ARs not AR15s in general.
Thing is it would be extremely difficult to ship those from USA to a warzone. you would absolutely get tracked by fbi/cia/whatever and put in jail for weapons smuggling. And he has more than enough on his hands working his real job and selling government rifles to mercenaries to orchestrate such an operation across the seas.

Nigga please, the CIA ships guns for drugs for ages to piss-poor countries, civvie grade or not. Peacekeeper is just making some money on the side by selling NATO crates of guns that were prolly listed as "lost", don't make it sound harder than it has to be, really.

This is just reaching the post. Apparently getting civilian weapons out of the US is the most difficult heist in the world, even though AR manufacturers sell to clients in Europe.

Not a bad haul for 11 minutes work as a scav.

CIA, not some polish officer guy.
>Peacekeeper is just making some money on the side by selling NATO crates of guns that were prolly listed as "lost", don't make it sound harder than it has to be, really.
the other dude are making it difficult, this is exactly what i'm saying. He wont sell civie ARs because those are way harder to obtain than to "lose" some high end rifles that pass by his hands every single day.
Into a warzone for a SINGLE guy who is also in the military.
You WILL get caught if you did that.

>Last major patch noes
Oh noes a patch