Why the fuck is finding a job so hard? I have a fucking 4.0 master's degree in economics...

Why the fuck is finding a job so hard? I have a fucking 4.0 master's degree in economics. I believed the meme that if you study hard the jobs will line up.

Meanwhile, my gf just shook her ass for some guy and got a job at UBS despite, literally, being worse off than me in terms of skills/abilities.

What the fuck is this world and why shouldn't I just kill myself?

yeah you probably should kill your self

im starting my masters in tax law next year and im already treading and loosing sleep over how i might end up being thrown off the street like a stray dog after 5 years of studying

i will probably kill my self if i cant get a job that fits my skills 1-2 after graduating, i could never cope with the shame

It is shameful. Especially when the gf makes more money despite being inferior on paper.

I'm going to just join the military if I can't find a job in two weeks.

indeed. also, people with connections have it easier. if you have an uncle or some friends in good positions you will be just fine. networking is underrated but its so hard to do if you dont know anybody.

yea i guess army would be a good option, at least you can stay fit and be manly and all.

good luck user

>it's another tryhard study nerd
And in fucking economics too. Yeah while you were inside studying everyone else was at networking events making friends with people who can get you a job. But judging by what you said about your girlfriend you didn't learn your lesson. I guess you still think the God of studying is what grants you a job and not other people.

But hey, you studied a lot right? Surely you can use your vast knowledge to make some sort of new market in order to make money, or maybe your skills/abilities aren't as useful as you thought?

>put everything you own into bitcoin
>become rich

if ur so smart then y aren't u rich u loser

The one thing going for me is my 25k crypto portfolio.

Other that that, savings are running out and my lease is up in two months. I'm fugged.

Rub it in, mate. I guess you missed the whole point of the thread.

Yes, western women generally are playing life on Easy Mode - with cheat codes on if they're actually attractive.

dude just pull a kevin spacy in american beauty and get a job flippin patties while u try to find a better job without the whole getting shot and making out with a dude part

how did you not realize you were in deep shit when you finished undergrad as an econ major? why did you continue in that and not switch to a finance masters?

as an econ grad i knew i was in deep shit as i got closer to graduating. that major provides very little in the way of practical job type skills.

I got a full ride for my master's degree in economics at the same school for my undergrad.

This

I don't think some of you guys understand how easy life as a woman is.

I had 2 years of Comp Sci at college with a 2.3 gpa
Joined Air National Guard for cyber security now 2 years later after training and certs I'm making 65$/hour contracting at a submarine yard because of cert's and TS clearance.
Not a bad choice if you like cash, make sure you get your TS. You can make 70k moving furniture in DC with just a TS.

You know your gf sucked that guy's dick, right OP?

He's the boss and has higher social status than you.

wtf is TS

Top Secret Clearance
They cost 100k for employers to do, and most just won't unless they really really want you.
Military undergoes them for free in certain jobs, and they last for 6 years. Join reserves or guard and get a free TS and go work in DC for 100k+

They dont "last" for any amount of time.
A TS clearence needs to be reevaluated every 5 years but has a 24 month window to be reinstated. So if you join today and get a TS clearance after your 1 year mark and do 5 more years then it will expire shortly after you separate and you will have 24 months to find a job to get it reinstated. If you get it before your 1 year mark and stay in for 5 years then it will be reenstated and you will have 5 years to get a job not including the 24 month window.

>i will probably kill my self if i cant get a job that fits my skills 1-2 after graduating, i could never cope with the shame
iktf

My aunt, a farmers wife, started a business doing people taxes after her husband died. She's been doing taxes for about 15 years now. Makes 80K a year, never been to school.

I feel you. Did my undergrad in econ then switched to business. My friends who did masters in econ had quite a hard time getting a job. One friend took around 18 months before getting a full-time job. If you like econ you could go do your PhD and then get a comfy job in academia / gov

Econ is a bit like the Art's degree of Business school. If you don't get a job for the Government, there's not much out there.

Better off doing Accounting or Finance

Join the military. It's a safe pay check with good perks.

If you can't get a job with an econ master's you either:
a) are socially retarded
b) have 0 networking skills
c) have no skills besides what you learned in uni (i.e. programming)
d) have no meaningful work experience / internships
e) went to a shitty college
f) any combination of the above

If you're so smart, then why aren't you starting your own business?

If you went straight to grad school after undergrad, that would explain your problem. Let me break down why you get hired.

>Protip it has to do with your major and You can't figure it out

No one wants to hire you because you dont deserve a $75,000+ salary that your degree commands. You have no prior work experience. It's a large gamble to hire you and for the positions your looking at with your degree, they are willing to pay a premium for proven talent. The pool of quality candidates is large.

Secondly, if you apply for a job you are over qualified for, they know you'll leave asap for a job more appropriate for your education level. No one wants to pay those training/hiring costs just for you to leave.

Thirdly, you browse Veeky Forums, so needless to say your social skills are shit and the probability of you just being autistic in interviews is extremely high.

Fourthly, this must be a troll post. If you have your Masters in economics and cannot understand an introductory labor economics issue you are a fucking joke.

Get an internship. Work for free if need be. Experience will bridge the gap.

5/10 made me respond

Maybe instead of entering the great wagecuck sceme you should try opening your own business
Had a shitty soultearing office job with no future perspectives, I quit and set up my wholesale business which now runs pretty good and I earn twice as much as back in my times as an employee

This. I swear, how is OP so retarded? He literally studied this for 6 years, how can he possibly be so clueless as to the basics of labor economics?

OP, where did you go to school? I need to be sure to never hire anyone with an econ degree from there, because obviously that school is absolute dogshit at teaching economics.

>Thirdly, you browse Veeky Forums, so needless to say your social skills are shit and the probability of you just being autistic in interviews is extremely high.

post resume

>has a gf
>gf can practically fund OP a comfy NEET lifestyle
>still complains about his life

kys normalfag SCUM