When did you realise the only way to get a job above minimum wage is to lie these days?

When did you realise the only way to get a job above minimum wage is to lie these days?

Seriously it's impossible. When they ask for 2 years experience for a $10/hour job they're either making a joke of you or asking you to lie.

Other urls found in this thread:

militaryrates.com/military-pay-charts-e1_e5_2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

come to alaska

I realized you gain the experience working for low pay, free and hopefully while you still study via internship

ironically this just nets you a job where you were or make connections to get one elsewhere

you cant bring a degree and expect to fill an opening. would you hire someone doing that? you hire them or take them on in entry level positions like an intern.

Send emails to places you want to work, dont put all your faith in generic job postings, help them create a place for you and work from there

This is why the minimum wage makes no sense. A 16 year old kid doesn't deserve minimum wage, so how can you expect a business to hire you without experience? They don't care about jumpstarting your career, they want qualified people for what they are paying.

>mfw employers ask for years experience in a programming language that exceed the age of said language

Go to bed cynical uncle from 2008.

I just embellish it highly. I applied to something on Thursday and I embellished it a lot and even changed where I went to college (which I doubt they'll really question me on since I didn't graduate either way).

It's hard enough finding a job in my area when they're all in the city over and I don't have a car (and can't get one without insurance which I can't get without a job so fuck me).

Hopefully I'll have an interview soon for such a simple job. Other places I've applied to haven't even contacted me with a rejection. It's getting annoying because I don't have enough money to invest and not enough capital to start something for myself. Everyone keeps telling me, "just get a job!" but I fucking can't.

I'm about to just start sending my fake resume again to have some fun.

Get a cheap moped for transportation

kek has this happened?

They need plates and I think insurance in NC. It's fucked.

So why are you sad about this? You are now a huge step ahead of all of the JUST BEE YOURSELF types who play the game soft. Go out, lie and get yourself a job.

> A 16 year old kid doesn't deserve minimum wage
>"deserve"

Newsflash kiddo, an employee of any age is worth whatever amount of money they can convince their boss to pay them. You're feelings about what they deserve are completely irrelevant.

im a highschool dropout and a felon and ive never worked for less than $14 per hour.

I don't know how to lie.

I make the just under 30 dollars an hour in the military, along with free education, if you're under 25 just join the airforce or something.
When you deploy to a shitty middle eastern country you make even more money and you end up making like 30k in six months with no expenses.

You just go and meet the manager. Give him a firm hand shake and ask if they are hiring. Be confident and you will find yourself working there for a wage that will afford you a house, a family, and enough saving to build an early retirement.

It's that simple :^)

Yea, if someone is offered lower pay than they deserve, they can just reject it. They can just keep rejecting terrible offers until they are homeless starving on the street.

Then they can die.

Yes, deserve. A 16 year old can do basic things like rip tickets at a theater or serve sodas. Paying them minimum wage is stupid, of course as a business owner you want some guy who can also lift 50 pound boxes, take orders, etc.

Don't you start off making like $1,200 a month in the military?

militaryrates.com/military-pay-charts-e1_e5_2017

That's not including the either free housing in the dorms/free food at the defaq, or if you're married you get BAH/BAS (around 1000 total untaxed).

How do I get a waver?
>two 5150's before 14yo to escape abusive alcoholic father, mother in prison
>forced pills for 5 years
>kaiser basically said "hey, we never tested you all those years ago, let's do that now. Looks like you don't have any disorders at all, so you don't need pills lol good luck."
I want to enlist (navy), but I'm pretty sure that's gonna dq me unless I get waived somehow.

You might be able to get in with the good ol' deny, deny, deny. Although if there's a recruiter in the area you might want to ask him about he could probably tell you if it's disqualifiable or not, since he wants you in to just meet quota.

If you do manage to get in before you leave for basic look up "how to get past basic" or something like that and learn what they're going to teach you beforehand, since you'll probably learn some super special snowflake way to fold clothes on three hours of sleep and be required to do it perfectly.

There's a recruiting office less than 2 miles from my front door, so I'll go ask him. Thanks for response

But retards think minimum wage helps the lower class. Politicians cater to retards to get re-elected.