2hug/ - Touhou general - #106

Possibly TOO smug edition.
Previous thread >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/1TdrXtCD (embed) (Includes FAQ, netplay guide, 1cc charts and more)

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)
nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Touhou 16 and 15.5 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/
store.steampowered.com/app/716710/_Antinomy_of_Common_Flowers/

>Tips for new players~
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>Download and apply Vpatch for reduced lag, MoF MarisaB glitch fix, extremely high FPS fix and Windowed screen adjustment.
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches
[YouTube] [Tutorial] Setting up VSync Patch for Touhou Games (Read Description) (embed)

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version for game breaking bug in FMW2)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm (embed)

>/2hug/ Highscore Spreadsheet! (If you want to submit score, use the term 'score' somewhere in your post)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bl1ZiZUqNdbP2OK_W7q6xG6A6FIG78LPfJQrouu6ol4/edit#gid=1978990074

Touhou is a videogame and SDM did nothing wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!RlVH2DjY!Q2hn_hFz-Rh2zx1_WN6mR2mV9RMoono-T8qVze73Og4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>SDM did nothing wrong
Apart from existing.

So the bullshit with the hater begins again...

This is a good op

Don't make my mistake and forget to remove the embeds. Also, copying and pasting the youtube link does nothing but mock us.

What's your favourite SDM character?

Meiling, she is just an easy boss, even on lunatic.

Flandre because I love her theme song and memes

For me it's probably Meiling, just seems like a better character than the rest.

Meiling. I wish every SDM casts except her die a painful death.

I wanna see a 2hu with a armor dress, even if its not going to be useful in the context of the game, I wanna see try to draw a loli in armor and a dress

How do we fix Touhou 17?

Flandre and Mima are the final bosses

SDM is very important, it brings in the pedophile audience.

The SDM is one of the best things in Gensokyo.

Remilia

This is true.

You came in a nasty time lad...

What would we do without them

Die, lolicons are the blood of this franchise.

Isn`t remi/satori/eiki being lolis just fan interpretation

Everyone does them like lolis tho, Eiki is more like that small teacher that most of the boys could surpass in height.

Yeah, personally loli Eiki is the worst fan interpretation out there.

Sakuya

If ZUN really wanted to rid of EoSD since the "more eastern" direction (MoF onwards) he wouldn't have made Sakuya playable in DDC, Remi as one of final day bosses in ISC or EoSD cast appearing on FS.

From what I've seen so far, people who try to pin down ZUN's mindset always end up disappointed.

>From what I've seen so far, people who try to pin down ZUN's mindset always end up disappointed.
I belive will NEVER make Mima canon, I wasn't disapointed.

Thats because they assume he has an overarching goal in mind.

If i had to guess, he makes each story on the fly, using whatever story beats interest him from else where in the series, and just makes shit up from there.

The very idea that a man so drunk his average glass of beer is a gallon big has any sort of long term plans is foolish from the outset.

ZUN just follows his whims and fancies. Seems to be going well for him, though.

Satori and Eiki maybe, but Remi is definitely meant to be a loli. She's always described as having a childlike appearance.

I just think he wants to take it easy.

My wife left me

Remi and satorin are lolis, but eiki is better as mature but with not as much breast. Problem is that it’s not as common so you’ll either see titty cow (disgusting) or completely flat l (ruins maturity)

>All this EoSD shittalking
But can you beat Flandre in a rap battle?
mega.nz/#!RlVH2DjY!Q2hn_hFz-Rh2zx1_WN6mR2mV9RMoono-T8qVze73Og4

The komejis are not lolis.

What are they then?

Young adults

In the fairies manga she's drawn not like a loli but as a teen.

>young
Questionable!

Just a rather short teenager

Which one?

Satori is the master of a mansion and can control all of the phantoms in the Underworld. Teenagers can’t do that.

Aren't we talking about physical appearance? Of course being a youkai she could have a mind of an adult.

Who is Suwako?

Sanae's ancestor

A petite young girl who is over a thousand years old and just as much of a schemer as Kanako, basically a granny in loli body.

Another proof appearance means fuck all.

Kanako is different. All of her plans in the end benefits everyone.

So many bullets

Visionaries, I think chapter 25

No, I mean which 3 of the girls

Remi is the manster of a mansion and a loli.

I'm talking about Eiki

What are talking about anyway? Mental age or body age?

Well, her body and mind is childlish, she only old in age.

Which of the HSiFS cast will be in the next fighting games?

/goodnight/2hug

night

No one seems to be a good fit t b h

Which one is tied to an Urban Legend?
I know the UL incident is yet to be disclosed and ZUN knows how long it will keep going.

DDC was supposed to be a "back to the roots" episode, so it had 3 first bosses unrelated to the main plot, random incident that's not a part of any meta-plot, playable Sakuya, etc. All of which were bad ideas.

Is she, dare I say it, a thot?

I only know that her sister is a cute and pure girl.

>Urban Legend
Nah, if we follow that logic, then Sagume would be in AoCF instead of Doremy, since she created one of the occult balls.

>pure

I'm fucking amazed she got more lewds in less than a month compared to Nemuno, Aunn or Eternity in half a year. She is destined to be public dickwarmer since her conception.

Eternity
It's either Her, Cirno or Clownpiece for our obligatory fairy fighter.

Doremy is already in the game now

>got more lewds than literally who
ehhhh

Sakuya. Cool badass yet elegant maid, who is also a serial killer, is kind of my jam.

>All of which were bad ideas
You mean lorewise/setting-wise?

I don't know man, that's ZUN to decide. I personally think Reisen being playable and Okina being 6th and EX boss are bad ideas but I don't want to project my own vision of Touhou into his work anymore. He does whatever he wants.

Shion is also literally who, at least in my book.

Yeah. Like that time she always caused some stupid hell raven to blow up the world.

Okina is a pretty obvious choice. Especially if the next fighting game is themed around Gensokyo sages. But i could also see Aunn getting in.

ALL women are thots, user.

That's why Wriggle, Mokou, and Miko are the only good wives in Gensokyo.

Not according to the poll.

>all women shouldn't be wives
>you should wife a male instead

Don't question my logic. It makes a lot of sense as long as you don't think about it.

That's why she is a public onahole.

You need to prove your statements. Remember that image with total number of pictures vs percentage of lewd pictures?

Meiling and Succ

>Reisen being playable
What's wrong with Reisen being a playable character? If anything that's a great idea if you wanna talk lore and setting wise.

Happy Birthday Taishi-sama!

>Loli Okina
How did that even start? How did people even get the idea of Okina being a loli?

She's a filthy youkai.

Actually, no. She technically a alien.

In a way that is true, and it does make her anomaly in the playable cast. But that seems like a really shitty reason to think a character shouldn't be playable when a grand majority of the 100+ cast are youkai.

A grand majority of the cast isn't playable.

>She technically a alien.
No such creature class in 2hu.

So? Asshole isn't a creature class in Touhou either. And yet a large amount of characters in Touhou are still undeniably assholes.

That doesn't change anything really, it just means that it shouldn't be surprising a youkai became a playable character eventually. You can count actual humans in the series on a single hand.

Reisen is a youkai by technicality, but Lunarians don't consider Moon Rabbits to be in the same class as youkai (the same people who by legend created youkai in the first place) so it muddies the water somewhat.

I don't want to continue this discussion, too stupid.

I agree. Disliking having a Youkai playable character is stupid anyway.

Youmu is a part human and she still qualifies, so it doesn't have to be a 100% pure human.

In LoLK, Mokou or Keine would be a superior choice.

In HSiFS, Sanae would fill the autumn part instead of Aya (since she's also from the mountain). For summer, it could be Futo, or Mokou again.

Man, people always drawing 2hus with the latest cowadooty action star gun is really a missed opportunity. Gensokyo is supposed to be a place for forgotten stuff, why is it apparently filled with guns everyone and their grandma knows.

>In LoLK Mokou or Keine would be a superior choice
And pray tell how is that? They have no connection to the moon. Hell Keine barely knows about Lunarian society and Mokou only cares about Kaguya. Reisen is literally a moon rabbit who ran away from home, the story there writes itself.

Youkai should be playable in side games only. Main games should be about youkai causing incidents, and humans resolving them. That's the old way, the pure way.

And what about imperishable night, or Youmu being playable, or PoFV or Aya being playable?

You know, to some extent i don't even completely disagree with you. But i think once "The fucking moon" becomes involved. We can drop tradition, at least for one game.

>They have no connection to the moon.
Neither does Sanae, not an argument.

And seeing Mokou interact with Lunarians would be ultra fun, as opposed to following some neurotic bunny.

Sanae has the excuse of being a shrine maiden. Mokou and Keine are pretty random picks who's only who you can only argue being on the moon because Mokou hates Kaguya and Keine knows Mokou. In reality, I doubt Mokou would have an issue interacting with the lunarians at all, at least not anymore than Reimu or Marisa, her grudge is with Kaguya, not the moonies as a whole.

>imperishable night
Human or part-human is on every team. Youkai assisting is acceptable, just like in SA.
> Youmu being playable
Part human
>PoFV
An obvious exception, since everyone there is playable like in fighting games.
>Aya
Should have only been playable in side games.
>We can drop tradition, at least for one game.
Yeah, I'd agree with that, but then we get HSiFS with Aya and Cirno.

You are not making any kind of argument here. Mokou is way more involved with the moon stuff than Sanae, she knows Eirin well, lives nearby, and dislikes Lunarians. If you can't see an easy plot line here, I can't help you.

I can, but that's an entirely new plotline instead of following one up that's already been laid down and wouldn't add much to the Lunarians in the same way as someone like Reisen who has a deeper connection to lunar society as a whole than Mokou, who last I recall, literally only has issues with Kaguya and Eirin.

The problem here is that Reisin is a youkai, in addition to being a boring character overall.

The Sanae example just serves to show that you don't need any kind of "deep connection" with the moon, or any connection at all.

Good morning 2hug. This art is still cute.

The guy who responded to you wasn't me, I think you confused him for me. But yeah this game is pretty hard to understand without any knowledge on Japanese, as you've said I found out that each weapon and gear has different sprites when equipping them but sadly I have zero clue what they do so I'm left in the dark on that one.

It's going to be an uphill battle since I'm pretty much just in the dark as to what items do but I think I can do it.

OH I SEE ITS OKAY IF HE POSTS AN ENDING BUT NOT ME HUH?

Sanae probably was added because she's an obligatory player 3 and has never been to the moon before, so you can do something with that. Reimu, Marisa and Reisen especially have all been on the moon. But it's clear that you're essentially saying "I don't like Reisen so she shouldn't be playable".