/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Dual Memes Edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP (embed) (embed)

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed) (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, Frontier, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Hunt

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Online_id_Reina/status/960554617439309824
i.imgur.com/I1V3ajR.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tempered mons 1 slot

42xXEembQyHt

In 4U does using a Demondrug actually make a difference if you're already holding a Powercharm and Powertalon?

I'm doing a 4u playthrough because hunter arts are edgy and PC world isn't here yet and I'm getting my butthole prolapsed by the HR rajang, yesterday I did it 3 times without even getting hit. How do I make my skill come back?

Yes, I believe it's an extra 10%, mega is 20%

I just got to endgame and I hate this game now. I can't join any tempered elder dragon quests. They're gone literally the second they're up and I get in maybe 1/5 of the time. These games were always about the endgame and its unplayable now. I can't even progress RIP

Post end screens

What's preferable on a horn, nergigante for affinity and health recover and earplugs, or dodogama for attack xl def xl windproof?

>Do I want defensive tools or offensive tools
How good are you? Thats your answer.

any chance XX come to the west on 3ds?

best hammer skills?

nope

WHEN DOES THR BOAT TRADER RETURN

What are the inv frames for an evade? How much does each level of Evade Window increase it by?

Cat sluts!

Still expanded content based on MH4

Get the jap + eng translation

What was up with that MH game that was only on the 360 and PC? Was it like a fuckin MMO or what?

I fucking hate fighting Kirin so much that I want to make a set exclusively for fighting that shit.

>playing the HD version of P3rd on vita

just get world my man ;)

>1 slot
You can't honestly mean you already have 15 people in a session? Don't go spewing shit about being "full" when you only have 4 people. This is why online is so dead.

Trying Lance for the first time. Is Lance just naturally at a disadvantage against Anjanath? Can't roll to put out flames, and pin attack ignores guard.

Just soloed tempered kirin with a bow.Literally don't get hit that's the best advice to give for him.Get at least 3 thunder res gems and vit/thunderproof mantle for extra protection.

Just shoot it

>SOS Search
>Investigations, 9*
>move cursor to Search button
>mash X until you get in to a hunt
Fucking thanks Capcom

yea, but also on wii u, ps3, ps4, and vita (wii u and 360 version about to be shut down this year)

Oh yeah because we all forgot that up to 15 people can fit in the same tempered monster quests.

Fucking goober.

I was struggling with bow for a while so I tried cb and got reply so I said fuck it and used LBG and I laughed in that stupid horses face as it died.

sheathe your weapon and pin attack isn't a big a deal

Oh yeah because we all forgot that a session can only have one quest running at a time.

Fucking goober.

>monster hunter mobile game
What?Is that the FU or is there a different version?

Affinity Sliding

twitter.com/Online_id_Reina/status/960554617439309824

Who want some money?

Why are there so many fucking dragon damage bows, and which of these things should I be prioritizing? (Xeno, Dragonbone, Princess,Velos, Doom Shaft)

I also noticed that some have varying levels of elder seal strength. Is it worth prioritizing for one just because its elderseal is high?

I'm doing lance 97% of the time in World and Anja really isn't a huge problem. Quite the opposite, you can easily counter bullshit mini moves like his chicken leg kick. Just gotta be fast enough with you counters and blocks.

Are there any good skill sims out yet? Athena and masax aren't apparently and the japanese web ones I found aren't exactly up to speed, failing to recreate sets I've seen.

>01./01. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World - 346.187 / 1.591.356 (-72%)
>(-72%)

monster hunter explore

The session is for HIS quests. Not anybody elses. Not to mention, he's probably the one with the Tempered Investigations. What're you gonna do, join and then post your own tempered quests? Why not just make your own session if you're gonna do that.

Contain your colossal tard rage about MP in this game user. Join a fucking squad and shut the fuck up already.

Can somebody explain the difference between using demondrug/demon powder/demon pills? Same with the armor ones, which one is best in what situation?

>APPEAL TO CORE FANS

>You can't honestly mean you already have 15 people in a session

Or his investigations are all two-man investigations only (which are a thing).

You double Tzitzi.

>still no swimming
Bring back underwater combat! 3u is still superior mostly because of that.

SnS was fucking perfect in it

Monster Hunter: Survive

How do slot machines evolve into core fans?

Exactly. This shit ain't comfy. Ehh

>mfw just got attack boost deco from odogaron

does endemic life researcher have another quest after the bomb beetles? I feel like i'm missing something

Replaying the game with weapons I don't normally use.
I haven't used SA or hamemr since 3U. What skills should I be looking out for with them, and are there any early game sets worth picking up?

Has anyone gotten a gem like what said?

Would like to know the name and slot lvl

>finish the hunt
>everyone disbands
>never see them again
we /darksouls/ now boys

>early game sets
no

SnS has literally never been better than it is in World user.

I know you're probably gonna try and argue with me and use some sort of retarded example of a minor change to try and prove your opinion isn't idiotic, but let's skip that shit. If you dislike World SnS but enjoyed SnS in games like P3rd or 4 Ultimate, you're a fucking retard.

Can someone give me the songs that are on the teo horn? haven't been quite that far in yet.

gunlace is FUN!

why didnt you guys tell me earlier?

But I still dont know what to do for max. dmg output

>endgame weapons bounce off pinkian's dragon poosi

let me oil my baby up and then its better than ever

>Palico is level 5
>Still HR 1
Lolwut

Depends on your shelling type

Triangle, triangle + circle, circle, triangle, circle.
then reload and do it again.

Only 2 more ranks to Tempered Kirin
I'm scared lads

>bringing a knife to a gun fight
oh did my slicing shot get in your way?

>airborne attack is the highest damage dealer
>forced airborne if it connects
>shitty infinite combo that fucks your direction
>added piss weak shield bash before triangle combo and after opener
>opener range nerfed to shit
>opener has fucked camera
good b8

Im using the rathian GL. so i think its normal lvl 4.

this game is unplayable on a regular ps4

I heard you like poisoning motherfuckers while also fullbursting and sweeping

160 hours in, playable on mine.

>try dual swords
>R2
>Triangle+circle
>repeat
am I missing something?

I have a regular PS4
No performance issues aside from lag
Clean your fans and apply new thermal paste

just b urself

Only thing I've seen is this, regular pierce i.imgur.com/I1V3ajR.png

MH X was the only game where I whole heatly loved using SnS to be honest.
>Oil system
>Fucking Shoryuken

Impact Mantle is already a thing. Stamina oil is in the fuckin' game.

You're retarded user. Just like I said before. I thought I said we should skip this shit.

>airborne attack is the highest damage dealer
Yeah, they finally added a big dick damage move that takes spacing and timing to execute properly. The shield slam is one of the best changes.
>forced airborne if it connects
So?
>shitty infinite combo that fucks your direction
Nah, that's literally you being bad at the game. SnS's combo is so precise now that you can consistently bully specific damage zones and limbs.
>>added piss weak shield bash before triangle combo and after opener
Shield bashes are finally relevant you fucking retard.
>opener range nerfed to shit
Untrue as fuck. It might be vaguely shorter, but it's still great
>opener has fucked camera
Nope.

Demondrug is +5 (or +7 for mega)and lasts until you die or finish quest, they stack with everything else too. Might Seed is +10 attack and lasts for 3 minutes. Might Pill is +25 attack for 20 seconds but overwrites Might Seed. Demon Powder is an AOE Might Seed to use in group hunts.

Generally you should just eat for attack buff and use Demondrug (or mega if you have enough) + Might Seed in your hunts. And refresh the seed when the monster leaves to another area.

Armor ones work the same but they are not really worth using, though armor seeds do cure defense down debuff if there are any monsters that inflict it.

how the FUCK do you get challenger's mantle

Get white sharpness

you're missing the part when you fucking die because you can't dodge

Shouldn't he reload after the backhand?

Yeah thats it, thanks user.

>go to online session for specific thing
>no quests up for that specific thing
SOS was a mistake.

How do we fix zorah?

Oh so now that we have mantles which basically amount to extra oils and the shield slam which is basicaly a shoryugeki on command it's bad?

World literally took the best parts of Gen SnS and incorporated them into itself.

Ending the quest by killing nergigante.

By not making him a worst Lao

Hunter sluts!
Cat sluts!
Monster sluts!

fullbursting is when you unload all of your shells at once right?

roundslash is also great

More mons on his back attacking you.

He should be a giant monster ark

Fuck yeah it was.
Full invincibility was so great

Cool, and in a broader sense I suppose...what's a good 'standard' pre-hunt prep of drugs and potions to chug before encountering the target? I always just steak and mega nutrient, saving anything else for situations that come up...

>i.imgur.com/I1V3ajR.png
I fucking need this shit. Why can't tempered just be a quest thing. I don't wanna fucking walk out and jerk off in the wild for 10 minutes to get one investigation. dammit capcom

Get your own quests. I have 2+ pages worth of just tempered elder quests with 3 or 4 purple slots. It's not hard

>wanted to do some more bounties around the ancient forest before I head to the second location, collect some armor spheres to upgrade my gear before I go
>picking some mushrooms, minding my own business
>great jagras shows up, kill it fairly
>as I'm carving a rathian shows up
>shit, haven't fought one yet
>get ready, wait for it with my normallance
>i'm guarding this shouldn't be too bad and the charge took off 2/3 of my health
>cheese it
>get away, go back to picking mushrooms
>puki rolls right by me, kill it
>carving, kulu runs up
>fuck it, not in the mood, want to turn in my bounties and go to the new area
>run away, right into rathian
>fire blast as i turn the corner, cart

>tfw used aerial SnS
I'm fine with World SnS as well.

LOST

PLANET

FOUR

>bow shitter joins my arena blos quest
>spends the entire time shooting uncharged arrows from the upper level way outside critical distance

Yeah, Wyrmstake is only good if they're going to leave before you can do a second slam