>Fancy Builds
mega.nz/#!bBhX0QzY!DaLnBdlZzVM7QOMKDpiCZM2GUaH0SQFDhe-RMNBWeWs

>Soundtrack DL
pastebin.com/deHpxzQD

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw/20kshdRC

Bankrupt

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-decay-land-of-the-restless-bones-alternate-corruption.54891/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-whimsy-alternate-hallow.17460/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-glade-alternate-hallow.45199/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/sprites-the-cyber-a-worthy-adversary-for-the-crimson.2371/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hi this is ded

>strawpoll.me/4613115

Crimson vs Corruption

Which do you prefer and why?

The Decay
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-decay-land-of-the-restless-bones-alternate-corruption.54891/

What do you do if the queen bee doesn't spawn?

You make the thing

So now that he has abbandoned the game, is he really any better than chucklecuck?

What are your favorite bow ammo belts for beating WoF?

When it comes to the aesthetics, corruption looks a bit better. For gear, crimson is just so much more useful. Crimson is pure bias.
>Crimson worlds get vampire knives in biome chest, which makes any boss besides moon lord easy mode
>Specific hardmode debuff: ichor, cuts defense of enemies. Much more useful than corruption's cursed flames DoT debuff
>Brain is so much easier to beat than the giant worm
The only place where corruption has the edge over crimson when it comes to usefulness is the fish potion. Corruption gives you the wrath potion that buffs damage while crimson gives you the heartreach. Both very useful buffs, but wrath is a clear winner here

>cursed flames
Wait shit I just realized that I've never checked what it looks like with that buffed damage over time debuffs mod. Guess I'll have to go for a corruption world next playthrough.

Corruption is much easier early game, you can rush Eater with almost no gear and the spawns are easier as well.

That said, you can just grind the brain as well if you're not playing on perma death.

I do personally like corruption more, flavour wise.

Ay we back

The Eater is a bit of a pain because it requires some specific gear if you want to rush it. A spear type weapon, a large sword or grenades are a must. The fact that the corruption layout is mostly made of narrow tunnels doesn't help either. You can beat the brain with a decent bow and a mix of flaming and frostburn arrows, both very easy to get. Crimson also has a large central cavern as part of its underground structures, so you can easily prepare an arena with platforms since the unbreakable stone is already out of the way

I've always found corruption easier.
You don't have to build an arena for Eater, you can just rope down to the horizontal layer and put some blocks over the holes.

I have Thorium and Spirit installed. Just how many rooms do I need in order to fit all NPCs at endgame?

>cheating

I don't know the exact number bit i'd about double than what vanilla needs

What are you on about?

mods are cheating, noob

If you say so.

>doesn't start with a C
>undead theme is already taken by the dungeon
if you want a true third evil biome, corrosion with the theme of an acidic wasteland with low-tier lovecraftian stuff (keeping the theme of general body horror) is a much better choice
pic related is cyclopean architecture, the underground bits could be cyclopean vaults
>eater is easier
as soon as you get invaded by goblins brain is laughably easy
just throw spiky balls all over your platform arena and the brain will kill itself when it teleports
though i still prefer corruption

>Implying I haven't already beat expert mode without mods and just wanted to add in some extra content

>just wanted to add in some extra content
Is that what you call "making the game easier"?

>Paint tool
> When smart cursor is disabled you can now paint a box at one time
> click and drag to select a box, releasing will paint everything inside
>Added Wall Rod
> Can place walls by selecting a box
Luiafk unironically best mod

Aww, you're so misinformed and elitist it's almost cute. But hey, if you call more bosses, biomes, and enemies making the game easier, I'll allow you to be that deluded.

Post your playthrough of terraria with all of hamstars mods without changing any of the config files if you are so hardcore

Are you retarded? Vanilla is already more than you can fit in about 20 webms. Those mods would add another 20. Nobody has time or patience to make so many webms simply because you are a special snowflake

>pussying out

I didn't know you were such a coward.

lol)

Unironically sounds like something they'd add in
if the game was still being updated with content

How about an evil that's called cremation which slowly spreads from the underworld upwards turning dirt and mud into ash, evaporates water, turns ores into deadly hot liquids and to stop it you need to either defeat an ice biome boss to then aid you to stop or defeat an underworld boss that is responsible for the spread in the first place

>

>1.4 introduces creative mode
>We won't ever get to 1.4
>We won't ever get Terraria Otherworld
>We won't ever get Terraria 2

Veeky Forums dead?

yes
we need to migrate to r/terraria

Ded?

I'm having problems with tEdit and Spirit and Thorium. When I open up the map, there's just large, blank spaces. How do I fix that?

ye

tedit doesn't recognize mod tiles
and there is no fix

I am now thinking of how to turn my vertical commieblock into a nice living space and I have a question

Do I make individual, themed housing for everyone like usual or do I go for A FUCKING SPACESHIP

go for space ship
i haven't really seen one yet in terraria and it fits perfectly to the spacex project

The wall is immune to fire, so skip flaming arrows. Frostburns are the way to go, with hellfires thrown in the mix to deal with the hungry. I'd use a mix of 5H/3F for the first part and 3H/3F once the hungry are dead.

Having all three officially supported would make Crimson Corruption and decay just seem like different parts of the timeline.

Like a world starts alive, aka, crimson. Then it becomes infected and diseased, parasitized, eaten away at by worms and so-on, with corruption. And then once it's dead, which would be the modded decay.

But, the fuck do I know?

Eh. Neither sound particularly in-theme, so it's difficult to tell. Corruption already represents the change that is rot and decay, and crimson already represents the change that is growth and mutation. I don't know what else there is, really, unless an evil were to represent singularity, stasis, stillness, and unchangitude. These things may represent a certain kind of cosmic horror, but I'm at a loss for how to translate that into gameplay, outside of potentially that user's decay biome.

I initially used the word "static" in there to describe a constant (just about the only "C" word I could find for that, and that got me wondering about television static, and then thinking about a spreading biome that represents that sort of thing, and what sort of enemies or materials you could make out of that kind of signal-degradation theme.

As much as I'm interested in an alternate world evil, I think I'm also interested in an alternative world good. Something other than Hallow. While I love the way that it flips expectations by making a "pure" biome essentially just another form of evil, I'm seriously annoyed that everyone is so illiterate that they call it "Hollow"?

Does anyone know if Honey slows down mobs from the old one's army? I know they aren't affected by lava damage.

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-whimsy-alternate-hallow.17460/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-glade-alternate-hallow.45199/

>concept music
>Final Fantasy

>honey
For what point and purpose when you can build the arena sky high and actuate it to have most of the mobs fall down into a pit of traps?

I don't have access to the mechanic, yet, but I can build a J out of stone right off the bat for liquid duping?

Plus I find trap arenas really god damned boring.

None of those are made out of candy.

How destabilizing would a modded modifier for accessory reforging that provides +1 minion capacity be?

I'd say a lot
You'd be able to have 5 extra minions off the bat if you're lucky or else once you have the goblin.
Combine this with other minion number enhancing things and you are literally a one man army

Good night.
Don't let my post be the last before we die again...

Hello I'm gay and I play on console. We just got a pretty big update and I want to get a few of my friends to start a new world together. I think the latest patch brought us up to the moonlord and martian event stuff. Do you have any cool ideas for co-op stuff my friends and I can do? I've never played multiplayer on this game before or on this update so I don't know if there's any special shit we can do or if we just continue like normal. Sorry for the dumb question.

Start fresh, or with only one or two pre-hardmode or very-early hardmode items. In my experience, multiplayer games seem to feel a little more fun, when everyone starts at the same basic level, and the early game is still challenging.

There's a sort of CTF, but it's up to you whether the game supports that well.

Do we need to vary up what builds we go for? Like, would it be good to have one of us be a magic user, archer, etc or does it really matter that much? I'm not worried too much about effectiveness but more about resource distribution. It would suck if we only had one ranger's emblem for three ranged people.

>It would suck if we only had one ranger's emblem for three ranged people.
?
Just defeat WoF again then until you have enough

Also it doesn't really matter whi plays what as lobg everybody pully their weight

Has anyone actually played Planet Centauri? Not even going to pick it up til it gets out of Early Access, whenever that is, but I'm morbidly curious. Is it any good?

Yeah that was a poor example, I guess it would only matter early on when resources were scarce. I hope my friends are as autistic as me and don't mind grinding and building.

>grinding and building.
That's pretty much terraria

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/sprites-the-cyber-a-worthy-adversary-for-the-crimson.2371/
I quite like this one as an alternative to the Hallow, wherein the "purity" comes from the perfection of steel and neon rather than light and holiness.

I've always thought the "evils" to be like different types of pathogens. The crimson is similar to bacterial and viral diseases, with pus and blood and cancerous growths and necrotic abscesses forming all over the place, where the corruption is like parasitic or fungal diseases, nesting within your body and eating it from the inside out, like a yeast infection or dragon worm. I think something that could embody a genetic or prion disease would be pretty cool, as some part of the planet itself has fucked up, rather than being infected by some outside force, and maybe some kind of "Constant" biome could symbolize that well. Pic related is what i'm thinking of.

it's more fun if you all play different builds, since it ensures someone will get something out of everything and it cuts down on farming time

Are my eyes deceiving me or is pic related pokemon mystery dungeon?
Also i like the idea of yours
What mods do we have as of now that add new evils?
I'd really like to see a mod that focuses on having to actively fight back against a biome or something similar, making it the prime goal of a playthrough

Nothing significant in the mods department as far as I know. Just a couple really amateurish mods that only add like 3 recolored mobs.
Also yes that is PMD. Explorers of Sky best.

Yeah that's what I was afraid of.
Maybe we could comission someone to make a mod with a really nice and fleshed out evil?
Good taste, my friend

Anyone have that tier list of bard weapons?

Having a tier list for every each of the class weapons would be pretty rad
Maybe even separate bows and guns even though they are both ranged class

You know I am surprised that there is no crimson related thing that references a fleshlight

Rather than rot or anything like that, Corruption always struck me more as just an alien warping, a dark mirror of what already was. Between how the orbs sit at the bottom of these deep chasms evoking the image of them falling from space, and how all the enemies are some variant on the same theme, and how originally it was just a palette swap of the purity.

comfy desert witch's hut I made

Good shit

No die

Do you think
Experience and Classes
Class based RPG mod
Leveled
Vape RPG
And Rocko's ARPG
will work together?
It would be one hell of a playthrough

Don't forget Kalciwhatever RPG either

I considered that but it doesn't work with a few mods and I personally dislike some changes it does personally

Neat.

Bump

Bump

Crimson
>Better ambiance.The corruption isn't unsettling at all but the crimson is, especially underground
>Better music. The corruption's goofy song never instills a sense of unease
>Better enemies. 0 burrowers and some are actually creepy
>Has a variety of enemies instead of just reskinned worms, bigger worms, and floating worm heads
>BoC > EoW
>Superior item stats, which helps against Skeletron
>I get far more use out of crimson rods than I ever do from vilethorns. During boss fights, building a WoF bridge in the underworld, covering my back in the pre-HM dungeon, mining—come to think of it, I get more use out of it in all situations
>Crimson hearts' accessory benefits all classes (and can be improved in a way that benefits all classes), not just mage playthroughs
>Vampire knives > the scourge
>Crimson mimics >> corrupt mimics
>Ichor >>> cursed flames
>Early HM is a joke thanks to that
>No world feeders on early expert hardmode that kill you from 400 HP in 1-3 lunges, have 1k HP, and have high defense toward your pre-hardmode weapons
>No swarms of annoying flying enemies & death pits making it a challenge to cross corruption biomes, especially in the early game & early HM
>It's infinitely easier to build bridges/rails/arenas over the crimson to avoid enemies entirely
>Boss fights in arenas that pass over the crimson won't be interrupted by flying enemies, unlike the corruption
>Because of the last 11 points, it's objectively the comfier biome to deal with
>Crimson hearts drop a melee weapon worth using. Outside of terraria ~1.0 and youtubers doing meme runs I've never seen people use a ball o' hurt
>Shadewood > ebonwood
>Crimtane > demonite
>Crimstone > ebonstone
>Crimtane brick is WAY more unique than demonite brick. Combine this with paint and you can make interesting builds that otherwise aren't possible. Meanwhile, demonite brick has 5+ substitutes
>All of the above + flesh blocks + flesh furniture = far more unique biome-based builds

Bump

>introduce life leech mechanic
>only 2 things utilize it
?

Oh also
>moon lord must have a specific protection buff against these 2 things for some fucking reason

They realized rather quickly that it was a mistake.

N i c e

What are some gimmicks that aren't much of a handicap, if at all? As many suggestions as possible are welcome

Well what's the point of a gimmick if it isn't much of a handicap?
But either way i thought of something
Insectophobia: when near critters you start panicking making you run faster (Panic! Buff) bu you also lose your sense of orientation (confused debuff)

My bad, I meant ones that can be implemented by any player at any time, without having to make a new mod for them

But to answer the question: to try a different playstyle which isn't necessarily more difficult

Well the most abvious ones would be class limitations
Melee only *excludibg yo-yo's
Yo-yo's only
Only bows and repeaters
guns only
Magic only
Summons only
Or some modded classes like
Thrower
Bard
Healer (in mp)
Weaponouts fists